Unofficial Portkey Archive

To Wash the BLACK Dog by Konflickted
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

To Wash the BLACK Dog

Konflickted

Chapter Twenty-Three: Realizations

Lily slumped against the wall, lowering her wand. She covered her face, tears streaming down. James stood frozen to his spot unable to move. She remembered it all, and yet she was pretending not to remember anything. She really didn't want to be with him. The realization flooded over him in an icy wave. He watched as she allowed herself to slide to the floor, burying her head into her arms as she pulled her knees to her chest. She was sobbing, and James almost felt sorry for her. He knew what it was like to love and not be loved back. She was the one, though, who was not returning his love.

"It is so hard to love," Lily cried into her arms. James turned his back on her and left Lily alone in the classroom. He didn't want to see or hear anymore. Lily had loved Snape; she had given her body to him when she was so young out of that love. She had loved James, but chose to give him up.

`I don't have a choice,' Lily's words echoed in his head. `You took that choice from me.' James wiped a tear from his own eyes. James headed towards the Shrieking Shack, turning into the stag as he joined the rat, the dog, and the werewolf.

-->