Unofficial Portkey Archive

To Wash the BLACK Dog by Konflickted
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

To Wash the BLACK Dog

Konflickted

Epilogue-

Sirius stood dressed in the best suit that money could buy. He glanced at his watch and then smiled at James reassuringly. He could tell that the man was nervous; it would have been hard as hell not to be. They had only been out of school for a few years, and Sirius had to admit that he never thought that his best mate would have been the first to the alter, even though he was the only one with a serious girlfriend. Sirius glanced at the people sitting in spindly white chairs, surrounded by flowers and ribbons, and leaned toward James.

"Hey, I was thinking," Sirius said softly. "If things don't work out between you and Lily, do you mind if I have a go at your seconds?"

"Ok," James laughed as the music began to cue up. Lily held tight to Remus' arm, smiling nervously as she headed towards James. She couldn't have looked more beautiful in the family tiara, and yet it paled in comparison to Lily's natural beauty. Remus presented her to James, who took her arm in his own.

"I am never going to let you go," James whispered in her ear, his lips brushing her cheek. "I love you, Lily."

"I love you, too, James," Lily whispered. She kissed him back and breathed in his ear. "I know this isn't the best time to tell you this, but I am pregnant."

His face dropped, shocked, and his grin spread across his face so wide it out shone the sun. Lily could feel the heat creep up into her cheeks and the two of them turned to the official that was marrying them. She felt his hand squeeze hers and she knew she had made the right choice. She and James would be together for the rest of their lives.

~Fin~

-->