Unofficial Portkey Archive

To Wash the BLACK Dog by Konflickted
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

To Wash the BLACK Dog

Konflickted

A/N: Normally, I would not put a note and just let readers read, but this chapter is a lot darker than previous chapters. I just wanted to forewarn that it may offend or disturb.

Chapter Twenty-Five: Sectumsempra

Lily sat in the Great Hall at dinner, listening politely as Alice went on and on about Frank's latest letter. Lily had a slightly dazed look on her face, and she was only half listening. In her mind, she played out how she would tell James that night that she loved him with all her being and she wanted to try to have another go at it.

`What if he has moved on?' The little voice in the back of her head, deep in the recesses of her mind asked.

`What if he hasn't?' She retorted mentally. She felt a slight smile spread across her face as she nodded at Alice, figuring it was time for some sort of response. Alice seemed pleased to see Lily nod, as if she was confirming something that Lily needed to agree with. Alice continued on, but her words were lost on Lily. She looked over at the Marauders as they headed her way, almost in slow motion. She felt her heart start pounding in her chest, as if it was trying to escape.

`Oh, my, they are really good looking,' Lily thought as heat crept into her cheeks. Her fingers touched her cheek as her eyes met James. The boys were intimidating, their robes flowing behind them as they strutted to the table. James' hair was as wild as every, Sirius was talking to Remus.

Lily looked at him expectantly, but James looked away. He was angry at the moment, the muscles in his jaw clenched. Lily glanced back at Alice and was nodding her head, obviously deep in whatever conversation they were having. James sat down next to Sirius and they began eating. Lily took her fork in her good hand and stirred her peas absentmindedly as she listened to Alice. She glanced at him, but dropped her gaze when she thought he hadn't been looking.

James saw that her left hand was still bandaged, and he watched as she dropped her right hand into her lap, wiping away the perspiration that seemed to have formed. So whoever he was, he made her palms get sweaty. James' jaw was clenched so tight he was getting a headache from it. He watched at Lily tilted her head back and she tried to work a kink out of her neck with her right hand.

"So, I was thinking, this weekend we should all go to Hogsmeade together," Lily blurted out. Alice was looking at her with her mouth gaping out. Lily cheeks flushed more pink.

"Wow, um, that was a little out of the blue," Alice laughed. Lily joined her in the laughing. Lily's hand found James' shoulder.

"What do you say, Marauders?" Lily asked, her hand remaining on James' shoulder. Peter, Remus, and Sirius looked at James, expecting him to answer for them.

"Sorry, I am busy," James said with clenched teeth. Sirius looked at Remus who shrugged. Lily looked a little crestfallen, but she smiled at him anyways.

"Ok, well, if you change your mind, let us know," Lily said as she rose. She squeezed his shoulder.

"See you later, Lily," Alice called as Lily waved back at them, smiling as she left the Great Hall. She was still smiling slightly as she headed toward the library, rounding the corner, and running right into Lucius Malfoy.

"Ah, Evans," Malfoy drawled slowly. He let his eyes travel down the length of her body, as if he could peer through her uniform, and back to her face. Lily raised her eye brows at him and forced a smile.

"Hello, Malfoy," she replied in her overly cheerful voice. Not even Malfoy would bring her down.

"So what does bring the daughter of Muggles to this end of the school?" Malfoy asked her slowly, taking her wrist in his hand and drawing her closer.

"The library, Lucius, now let go," Lily said as the smile slid from her face. She struggled against his grasp. "Let go, Lucius."

"Now, now, Lily," Malfoy said with a none-to-pleasant smile on his face. "I think it is a little discriminating on your part that you have so willingly given yourself to someone like Severus, but never once let me sample those plush lips."

"No, Malfoy," Lily told him as he leaned into her.

"Come on, Lily, you practically begged Severus, and I am twice the man he is," Malfoy teased as he drew her closer.

"Leave me be," Lily said struggling against him as his mouth crossed hers. She jerked her head back and twisted her face away from him as he easily pulled her out of the way of the corridor into an empty classroom.

"Be nice, Lily, and maybe I won't be so eager to toss you aside for a sniff of power," Malfoy taunted. Lily struggled as Malfoy pinned her against the edge of an old desk. Lily could feel Lucius breathe on her neck and his teeth scraped the side of face and chin. Panic boiled up in her as she heard the distinctive sound of a metal zipper.

"Let me go!" Lily screamed at him, wrenching away from him. She pulled her wand on him and screamed, "Sectumsempra!"

"How dare you!" Malfoy screamed at her as his arm began to bleed as if she had cut him with a blade. "How dare you use Severus' creation against me? The Dark Lord will hear about this and you will be punished severely."

"Yeah, like he is really going to be thrilled that you were attempting to have relations, no matter how forced, with a Mudblood," Lily spat at him. She turned and ran out of the classroom, straight into the nearest bathroom and she threw up.

-->