Unofficial Portkey Archive

Voldemort's Heir by Konflickted
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Voldemort's Heir

Konflickted

~Chapter 20~

The Hall of Prophecies

"Oh look, they did rebuild," Luna murmured as she followed the group down the racks of the Hall of Prophecies. Neville tried to look apologetic, but he couldn't manage the look. The only people who hadn't been in here previously were Krum, Malfoy, and Melissa Gorokhov. They had no idea where to look, but they started about midway.

"Do you remember the last time we were here," Neville murmured. "It seemed so much scarier then."

"Probably the Death Eaters," Ron offered. Neville nodded. Ginny found Draco's hand and held on to him tightly.

"Remember, we are only here for the one prophecy. We aren't to touch any other prophecies." Harry said.

"This one has my name on it," Ron said pouting.

"Trust me, leave it alone," Harry said.

"I think I have found the one you are looking for," Luna said loftily. She was standing by a three in wide orb that was glowing blue. She laughed, "Anyone could pick it up, though, well practically."

"What do you mean?" Melissa asked as she peered at the paper tag.

"Well, it has James' name on it, too, and half of the people in here are related to James," Luna murmured.

"It has Scorpius' name on it too," Ginny said. No one touched the orb. It was Viktor who reached for it. It only made sense. He had to be out-ed as the child's father, it seemed right to have him retrieve it.

"How do these things work?" Viktor asked. Everyone shrugged.

"Last time we broke it, remember?" Harry offered.

"Squeeze it, like my remember-all," Neville told him. Viktor squeezed it and Lily's voice filled the room.

"Great, she's a freakin' see-er," Ginny said. "It figures."

"Shh!" The rest hissed.

Enemies blood unite

During a love-driven plight

Unlikely union is fulfilled

No more blood is spilled

Tainted cure found

To make up lost ground

Lily's voice disappeared from the air and silence hung between them. Harry and Hermione looked at each other and shrugged. Viktor placed the orb back on the shelf and slipped his arm around Melissa. They played the words over and over in their heads, trying to figure out what it meant.

"So, that would explain why Lily has been so angry at me lately," Ginny murmured. "She knew about my relationship with Draco."

"She didn't get it from my side," Harry said.

"I think Great Aunt Trudy was a seer," Ron offered. They knew what the prophecy was, but they had no idea what they needed to do to help the children.

"So, where do we go now?" Melissa asked.

"Back to Hogwarts," Harry suggested.

-->