Unofficial Portkey Archive

Voldemort's Heir by Konflickted
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Voldemort's Heir

Konflickted

~Chapter 21~

They Return

"It worked?" Scorpius asked with his eyes squeezed tightly.

"Yes!" James said. "Quit being a baby and open you eyes."

Scorpius opened his eyes and saw his hands before him, looking normal as ever. He whooped and hollered, pulling Rayleigh up off the floor and spinning her around. She was pale, but happy to have helped Scorpius. James laughed and the three sat back and watched the moon in peace and quiet. James had Rayleigh tucked up against him, Scorpius tight against her other side.

"You cured us," James said. He couldn't help the tears that had welled up in his eyes. He laughed as he wiped the tears from his eyes. All he ever wanted was to be normal, and she had given it to him.

"You guys can go back to school now," Rayleigh said.

"You can too," Scorpius said. Rayleigh shook her head, smiling.

"I am not going back to Hogwarts," Rayleigh said. "I am going to travel a bit, now that I know how to ride a broom. There are more people out there who need my help."

"Ok," James said finally. He smiled at her warmly and kissed her cheek. He knew she needed to do this.

"It's funny," Scorpius said as they drifted to sleep. "Your dad and your grandfather were mortal enemies, and together, you have helped man kind. Grandpa Riddle would have been pissed."

"We are, after all, more than a name," Rayleigh said. Scorpius agreed as the three of them slipped to sleep.

The next morning, James and Scorpius awoke to find her already gone. They figured she would be. They gathered their stuff and flew back to the school. It took them three days to arrive, and were met by a group of very worried and relieved parents.

"Where is Rayleigh?" Melissa asked.

"Oh, she was amazing!" James exclaimed. "She cured us of our affliction! Mum, we are normal."

"How?" Ginny asked.

"Her blood, it cured us. We are normal!" Scorpius said. He fished the letter out of his pocket and handed it to Melissa. "She asked me to give this to you."

Melissa and Viktor read it aloud for everyone to hear:

Mum and Dad,

As you probably know by now, I have not returned to Hogwarts. I have a gift. I want to share it with the world, and so I will not be returning to Hogwarts. There are things that I still have to learn, so I will be back eventually. Right now, I need to work on curing those whose afflictions keep them oppressed. Please don't worry about me. Dad, I know you did your best with what you had to work with, but you suck at teaching flying. Stick with Quidditch. Ha! You didn't think I knew, did you? Next time you arrange a roommate, make her a little less `all seeing'. Give Lily my love. ~RR

-->