Unofficial Portkey Archive

Voldemort's Heir by Konflickted
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Voldemort's Heir

Konflickted

~Chapter Two~

Lily Meets Rayleigh

"Hugo! Lily!" an excited voice called to them. The two first years turned to see Jack Longbottom strolling up the corridor, carrying a very large and reluctant bull frog. The three had spent the summer playing on the beach near the Longbottom Beach house. Luna and Neville Longbottom, Jack's parents, were teachers at Hogwarts, Neville was the Herbology teacher while Luna assisted the aging Hagrid with the care of magical creatures.

"Hey there, Jack, good to see you didn't manage to get killed by your dad's Devils' Snare," Lily teased. Jack grinned and nodded.

A commotion broke out further along in the train car, causing Lily, Hugo, and Jack to look. The girl from earlier had fallen into Scorpius, knocking Scorpius to the ground. She tried to right herself, but the unsteadiness of the train sent her sprawling into James' compartment and across his lap. Red faced, the girl jumped up mumbling an apology and fled James and Scorpius, brushing between Lily and Hugo.

"God, Malfoy, could you be any more mean?" Rose asked glaring at him. "I should go see if she is ok. Why do you have to be so mean?"

"I just am, Weasley," Scorpius sneered. "It's my nature."

Rose shook her head and headed toward the end of the train, linking arms with Lily as she passed the girl, bringing her along to look for the lone first year. The two girls located the small girl toward the back of the train, tucked alone in one of the compartments. She was sitting on the seat, her knees pulled up, and her head buried in her arms.

"Are you ok?" Rose asked the girl. She shook her head.

"Are you scared? I am scared, too," Lily offered gently. Rose sat on one side of the girl, Lily on the other side of the girl.

"I have never been away from home before," the girl said quietly as she wiped tears from her eyes. Rose smiled warmly at her and nodded, understanding.

"Its not easy, the first time. I am Rose Weasley, and this is Lily Potter," Rose introduced. The girl forced a smile and nodded, shaking their hands.

"I am Rayleigh," the girl said smiling at them.

"There is nothing to be scared of, Rye," Rose promised. "The sorting hat will put you in your house."

"I am going to be in Gryffindor," Lily interjected. "It is the best house, better than old Slytherin with their scary snakes."

"Now, Lily," Rose chastised motherly, "Uncle Harry and Aunt Ginny were very pointed when they said not to hold any one house over another house, or lower."

"I know, I know," Lily said rolling her eyes. Rayleigh giggled.

"We will be arriving at Hogwarts in five minutes," the announcer said over the public address system. "All students please begin preparing."

"Come on Lily, we have to change into our school robes," Rose reminded her. Lily winked at Rayleigh, causing the girl to smile.

"See you at the sorting Rayleigh," Lily called to Rayleigh as the two girls left the carriage and headed away from the compartment.

-->