Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Original I Know That You Sleep With My Boyfriend by cosmopolitan411
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Original I Know That You Sleep With My Boyfriend

cosmopolitan411

Chapter XIV: Phase II: Convincing the Boy Toy

--

Here come the morning that I say goodbye to ya,
Here come the morning that'll say goodbye,
But I don't turn around cause the reason is treason,
Here come the morning that I say goodbye to ya,
Here come the morning that'll say goodbye,
But I don't turn around cause the reason is treason

-"Reason is Treason" by Kasabian

--

Tuesday

--

"Through Evans? Why the hell would I do that? Wait, why would she do that-" James ranted, obviously disturbed by the idea.

"He cheated on me," Lily exclaimed, louder than she had intended when she finally got fed up with his disgust at the idea of helping her.

James immediately sobered, paused for a second to process the information, "Seriously?"

"Yeah, why would I tell you that if it wasn't even true?" an agitated Lily snapped at him.

"Listen, Evans," James said, slightly stammering, unsure as to what to say, "I'm really sorry, you deserve better than that."

"That's kind of a pot calling the kettle black sort of thing, isn't it?" she asked him, too angry at the situation itself to have noticed his sincerity.

Alice and Elle's eyes widened at her statement, expecting the blowup that would undoubtedly follow. James's demeanor immediately changed, his facial expression hardened, "What the bloody hell are you trying to say?"

"Well, you don't exactly have an honorable history with girls, so really, who are you to talk?"

"That's not fair-"

"Why not?"

"I never promised those girls anything. I never told them that they meant anything more to me than they really did, I never lead them on-you know what, I don't know why I'm defending myself to you, you're just a spiteful hag," he spat at her before storming out of the room.

"Nice," Alice sarcastically told her before running after James. "James, stop! I didn't do anything; will you please at least talk to me?"

"Why the hell should I Alice? What's the point?" he asked her, stopping, but never turning to face her.

When Alice reached him she had to turn him around to face her so that he'd look at her, she could see that he was still seething with anger at what Lily had said to him. "She's hurt James; she was a bitch back there, but-"

"Don't- don't protect her now. You're her mate, and I get that Alice. You have to be loyal to her, I understand that as well. But just let me cool off, okay?" he told her before he walked away.

"He cheated on her with Rachel," Alice shouted after him.

James stopped in his place, "He always was a bastard." He stood there, rooted in his place for what felt like hours before he finally spoke, "So why do you need me?"

"She wants him back."

James turned to her, obviously puzzled by her statement; totally, utterly baffled. "What- why-"

"She loves him, James."

"Stupid reason," James mumbled.

"Says the commitment-phoebe," Alice teased him in an attempt to lighten the mood, ease the tension.

James couldn't fight her on that statement; he knew that it was true. He had never been in love before; he had never understood the way that people acted when they were in love. So illogical, so foolish, it was for those reasons that he could never picture himself actually falling for someone. "What do you need from me?"

"She wants to make him jealous. You- You'd be perfect for it, flirt with her, spend some time with her, make Fen-Prick jealous-"

"Fen-Prick?" asked an amused James.

"I like it."

"It does suit him rather well."

"So, will you do it?"

"Alice-"

"James, please. You're our only hope."

"There are tons of other guys that'd love to spend time with Evans."

"You're the one that'd actually make Fen-Prick feel intimidated You're perfect for it."

"Alice," he began, but when he saw her desperation, he couldn't rebuff her. "I'll think about it."

Alice jumped on him, hugging him tightly, "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you-"

"Calm down Prewitt, I didn't say yes."

She climbed off of him, merely saying: "We'll see," before making her way back to the Room of Requirement.

--

If I told you things I did before,
Told you how I used to be,
Would you go along with someone like me?

If you knew my story word for word,
Had all of my history,
Would you go along with someone like me?

-"Young Folks" by Peter Bjorn & John

--

"You were a right bitch to him, you know that?" Alice asked, furious with Lily when she returned.

"I know," Lily said remorse evident in her tone. "I'm sorry, I was just so angry… but he's right, I am such a cow, a bloody hag."

"Yes, you are- but I talked to him, got him to consider the whole thing."

"Now it's only a matter of whether or not he'll agree to help," Elle said.

--

Was it something I said?

Or was it something you read
That's making me think that

I should never have come here.
I can offer you lies, I can tell you good-bye.
I can tell you I'm sorry,

But I can't tell you the truth, dear
And what if I could -- would it do any good?
You'll still never get to see the contents of

My shoe box
Shoe box of lies
Shoe box
Shoe box of lies

-"Shoebox" by The Barenaked Ladies

--

"Wotcher Potter," Sirius greeted James as he entered the room and threw himself onto the couch opposite of the bed James was lying in.

"Don't you ever knock?" James asked him, never bothering to raise his head to look at his friend.

"Ah, you see the beauty of being mates is that all need for niceties such as that are no longer necessary, ergo yours truly no longer finds himself obligated to knock."

James laughed at his reasoning, "You're an idiot."

"Totally beside the point."

"And what is the point?"

"Prewitt told me that you're to become Evans' new boy toy."

James shot up at that statement, "I'm not her boy toy!"

"Why not? She's bloody gorgeous, any guy would be lucky to play that role."

"She only wants me to do it because Fenwick cheated on her, so she needs someone to help make him jealous."

"I know, Alice told me. So what's the problem?"

"What do you mean? How the hell is that a good idea?"

"Okay, well on one hand, the rather enjoyable one if I do say so myself, you get to be the hottest girl in school's boy toy. Then, there's the added bonus that it's piss Fenwick off."

"It just seems so stupid. She wants me to do this so she can get her cheating boyfriend to reform, to love her. It's retarded logic."

"I don't get it, what's stopping you from doing it?"

"First of all, I think she's a hag and she thinks I'm an ass. And second of all, there's no way that it'll work."

"You are an ass towards her though."

"She's a bitch towards me," James defended.

"Just seems like a waste to me, even if it doesn't ultimately work out as planned in the end. I mean, just think of how angry Fenwick would be if he caught wind of the fact that you were trying to steal his girl, and then picture his face when he realizes that she enjoys the attention."

--

Take my hand
Come with me
Into this crystal scenery
And wait, `til I retain the ticket
You would never have the time,
I would love to change your mind,
You were there
And it was good in the beginning

-"Crystal Village" by Pete Yorn

--

"Wotcher Evans," James greeted her as he walked into her room.

"Potter? What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to tell you that I'm in. You've got yourself a boy toy."

0x01 graphic

Author'snote: so I've been feeling really guilty about not being able to update as often as I'd like so I've decided that I'm going to try my best to update two times every other week (so 3 chapters per every two week)- fair trade off until November, or at least I'd like to believe so...

please R&R

-->