Unofficial Portkey Archive

On Your Doorstep by papermask
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

On Your Doorstep

papermask

This is basically a filler chapter.

----------------------------------------------------

Goodnight indeed. Ron surprised himself and slept rather soundly. He had expected to be up all night with excitement. Ron woke up around ten o'clock the next day. To his surprise, Ron once again smelled a delicious aroma. He got out of bed, pulled on some clothes, and trotted downstairs. He found Luna in the kitchen, eating an eggy in a basket and re-reading the copy of The Quibbler that she had brought with her. She looked up and smiled at Ron. She was wearing lavender pajamas with small white clouds scattered on them. Ron couldn't help but find them cute.

"Good morning, Ronald!" Luna said cheerfully. Ron smiled back at her.

"You know, you don't have to make breakfast everyday," Ron said a little too quickly. His face immediately turned pink.

"Not that it's not good or anything, I mean, you're a great cook...what I meant was-" Ron was cut off by Luna.

"It's alright Ronald, I understand what you meant. Please don't worry about it. It's the least I could do for you, after taking me in and all," Luna said happily, "Here, sit down and eat."

Ron sat down across from Luna and looked at the table. On one plate was an eggy in a basket, but on the other was a strange food that Ron had never seen before. It was rolled up into a point and was standing straight up on the plate. Luna noticed Ron's unsure look and smiled.

"It's called a Rocket Dosa. I wasn't sure if you wanted the same breakfast as yesterday or if you wanted something new, so I made both", Luna said cheerily. Ron tilted his head and his mouth was slightly open. She made both? As in, more food? This girl was amazing! Luna giggled slightly at Ron's expression. He shook his head slightly.

"Luna, thank you so much! These both look delicious," Ron said, "Although, I have to know - what is a dosa, exactly?"

Luna suddenly took on a Hermione-ish look and explained to Ron that a dosa was basically an Indian pancake. Ron smiled and dug into his breakfast. Luna just smiled dreamily once more. They sat in silence for a few moments, Ron eating and Luna reading The Quibbler. After a while, Luna broke the silence.

"So, Ronald, where do you want to go today?"

"I was thinking we could just walk around the shops and maybe have some lunch there later on today," Ron replied. Luna smiled and nodded her head.

"I think that sounds lovely!" Luna said, "I'm going to go upstairs and change."

Ron nodded his head and continued to finish his breakfast. A few minutes later, Luna came downstairs wearing a loose, purple shirt with a dark navy skirt. She had on a lime green headband and black leggings with shiny, silver stars. She reached up and tucked her wand behind her ear as her hair flowed freely behind her. She definitely looked unique.

"Are you ready to go", Luna asked kindly. Ron smiled and nodded his head. Maybe it would be nice to have a little something unique among the mundane. At least, for today. Ron and Luna headed out the front door. After walking for a few minutes, they arrived at the small town center.

"What kind of stores do they have here, Ronald?" Luna asked while she looked at all the different shops that lined both sides of the street.

"Well, they have just about everything here, I suppose. Over there is a grocery mart, there's an old bookstore there, over here is where the restaurants are, and this whole place is sprinkled with clothing stores, so really, it's your pick," Ron replied.

"Oh, Ronald, that's very sweet of you," Luna said. She grabbed Ron's hand (much to his surprise) and walked over to small shop on the corner.

"Hmm, 'Notions, Lotions, and Potions'. This sounds interesting. Would you like to go in here?" Luna asked while looking through the store front window.

"Sure," Ron replied. As they walked through the store front door, a small bell rang. Luna let go of Ron's hand, and he immediately missed it. Luna looked straight up, then at Ron, and smiled widely. She turned and walked out of the store, only to stop and come back in. What was she doing? Luna did this a few more times before it finally struck Ron. The bell above the door. Every time Luna walked in or out, the bell let out a small ring. Luna was actually entertaining herself with a bell. Ron started to laugh. It was quite a sight for the other customers in the shop. A short witch with glasses and frizzy, gray hair came up to Luna and Ron.

"Miss...Miss...Please stop that. I think you're frightening the customers, or at least confusing them," she said. Luna looked at her and nodded her head. As the short witch turned around and began to walk away, Luna pushed the door open once more. As the bell rung once again, the short witch looked around at Luna with a very pointed look. Ron cracked up even more. Luna grabbed his hand once more, and they left the shop, as they were clearly not wanted. After a couple of seconds, Ron finally caught his breath.

"Luna, that was possibly the funniest thing I've seen in a very long time," He said. Luna beamed at him.

"Can we go into this bookstore?" Luna asked sweetly. Ron's smile faded a little bit at the thought of a bookstore, but he nodded anyway. They walked inside. Thankfully, there was no bell. The inside of the shop was very different than the outside. Outside, the paint was a pale cream color and the sun was bright. The inside, however, was poorly lit and rather dusty. Ron wasn't sure what they would find in here, but he decided to leave that to Luna. At the moment, she was looking over some books about old magic and traditions - something that Ron was surprised to see her interested in. It was then that Luna almost dropped the books when she saw another one on the shelf. She carefully put the others back and grabbed the new book. Unlike the others, which were covered in dust and seemed to have been around for ages, this book was dust free and pure white. This caught Ron's attention. He leaned over Luna's shoulder and was surprised at what he saw. It was a Bible.

"I never pegged you as the religious type, Luna," Ron said. Luna shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm not exactly. I just think it's nice to have something to believe in," She replied. Ron smiled. Although he had never been particularly religious, he very much liked that sentiment. He might even put it to use one day. Luna went up to the counter to purchase the book. Once they were ready, Ron and Luna left the bookstore. They clasped hands.

-->