Unofficial Portkey Archive

On Your Doorstep by papermask
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

On Your Doorstep

papermask

It was late.

Ron and Luna appeared back at Ron's house. Luna was holding onto Ron's side and sobbing into his shoulder. Ron ran his hand over her golden hair. Rage still flowed through his body. At least he knew that this was the last time he would have to see bruises on Luna's body. He would take care of her, no matter how long it took, he would make her better. Luna sniffed and looked up at Ron.

"Oh Ronald, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have gone over there. I'm just stupid. I'm so sorry," Luna cried. Ron held her head in his hands, tears streaming down her face.

"You're not stupid, Luna. You have nothing to apologize for. That bastard is the one who needs to be sorry, and believe me, he is, I made sure of that. He'll never hurt you again," Ron said. Luna began to wipe the tears away from her eyes.

"Thank you, Ronald," Luna whispered. Ron kissed her forehead and helped her to her feet. They walked over to the couch, where Ron helped Luna get comfortable.

"I'm going to make you a Pepper Up Potion," Ron said. Luna smiled and nodded her head. Ron went into the kitchen and grabbed the proper ingredients. He couldn't believe he let this happen again. He never should have let her go alone. Ron mixed up the potion and walked back out into the living room. Luna was hugging a pillow. She had stopped crying, but she still sniffed every few seconds. Ron brought her the potion. Luna thanked Ron and drank. Ron watched as the bruises slowly faded from her face. Much better. Ron felt Luna lay her head on his shoulder. This time, his face didn't turn pink. He wrapped his arms around her. They sat in silence for a few minutes, just being comforted by each other's company. Luna suddenly spoke.

"Did I ever tell you what Rolf and I were fighting about? I mean, the first time," Luna asked. Ron shook his head.

"He...He kept calling me crazy. He told me that I lived in a fantasy, that my whole world was one big joke. At first, it just sounded like everything else that other people have told me. That's when it hit me. I've heard stuff like that all my life. It got to the point where I started to believe it. Ronald...Do....Do you think I'm crazy?" Luna asked, while tears started to fall down her face once more. Ron looked at her and wiped her tears from her face.

"You're just as sane as I am," Ron said. Luna laughed lightly. Then, she kissed him. Not a peck on the cheek, or a light touch on the forehead, but a full, love-filled kiss on the lips. Ron was slightly surprised, but soon he kissed her back. His hands held her beautiful face while her hands moved up to his hair. Once air became an issue, they broke apart. Luna sniffed and snuggled up against Ron. He welcomed her small frame up against his. Ron summoned a blanket, and soon, he and Luna fell into a peaceful sleep on the couch.

The next morning, Ron woke up, once again, to the delicious smell of Luna's cooking. He got up off of the couch and walked into the kitchen. Luna was still wearing her clothes from the previous day. Her hair was pulled up into a messy bun. Ron thought it looked adorable. She turned around and smiled at Ron. She held two pans, one in each hand.

"Eggy in a Basket, or Rocket Dosa?" Luna asked Ron with a smile. Ron laughed and chose the Rocket Dosa.

"Did you sleep well?" Ron asked. Luna nodded her head lightly. Ron smiled and took a bite out of his Rocket Dosa.

"Come on Luna, sit with me and have some breakfast," Ron said.

"Oh, okay then," Luna said happily. However, she seemed to have something on her mind.

"Ronald...do you regret what happened last night?" Luna asked. Ron almost choked on his food.

"No! No, of course not. Why? Do you?" Ron asked, afraid of what she might say. Luna quickly shook her head.

"No! Not at all. I just...I don't know, for some reason I got the feeling that maybe you would regret it. I don't know why," Luna said, feeling slightly guilty.

"Well," Ron replied, "I don't, and I never will, okay?"

"Okay," Luna said with a smile. Ron kissed her on the cheek. At that moment Hermione popped into the living room.

"Ron...Luna?" Hermione called. The two came out of the kitchen, holding hands. Hermione's face lit up.

"Oh, this is wonderful! I just knew this would happen!" Hermione shouted excitedly. Ron blushed slightly while Luna laughed.

"Well, I only came by to ask if you two would like to join Harry and me for tea, but now you are required to come. Harry has to know about this!" Hermione said happily. Ron and Luna both nodded their heads. Ron, Luna, and Hermione walked to the fireplace. Luna grabbed some floo powder, and in an instant, they were off to Potter Manor.

They popped into the living room of Potter Manor. Harry was waiting on the couch. Hermione ran up to Harry and kissed him.

"Harry, Harry look!" Hermione said, pointing to Ron and Luna's joined hands, "It happened!"

Harry smiled. Hermione was beside herself. Ron squeezed Luna's hand. She broke the silence.

"Well, are we going for tea?" Luna asked. Harry and Hermione nodded their heads enthusiastically.

"Just let me get my shoes," Harry said. Hermione smiled and rolled her eyes. Ron took this moment to kiss Luna on the cheek. Luna beamed. Harry came back with his shoes on. Everyone smiled, and with a small pop, they were gone.

-->