Unofficial Portkey Archive

Story of a girl called Hermione Granger by rockstar
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Story of a girl called Hermione Granger

rockstar

Disclaimer: - Don't own any character from actual Harry potter series...

(Author's Note: - Can anyone tell me about how to answer back the reviews (Author's response)?)

***********************************

From next day onwards Hermione and her family along with her unwanted cousin (only on Hermione's part) became very busy in preparations of Christmas.

As Robert and Jane have to go at work as well, lots of responsibilities came upon Hermione and Romilda. And as Miss Vane has to go to meet Draco Malfoy, it was Hermione who has to do most of the works. It was decided that major shopping would be done by Hermione's parents while small items shopping like decoration items and other little things were to be bought by Hermione, and as per her parents, Hermione and Romilda.

Hermione's mom always tried some new and special kind of decorative items. So she made a list & gave it to Hermione.

It took Hermione a good part of next 3 days to search for the place where she could get all the needed items. Hermione wasn't very much into shopping. Even to buy her own cloths, she would just go for once and bring all she needed in one shopping trip. Only thing she absolutely loved to shop was books. According to her one just couldn't get enough books.

***************************************

So, next few days were all about shopping. All Hermione did was shopping for what her mom wanted.

She also received mails from Luna. She was having a great time in states. She had met a boy there, more kind of a guide. It seemed like she had started to crush over him. She even sent some pictures of hers from states. Occasionally they did call each other. When Hermione told her about Romilda dating Malfoy, Luna burst out laughing. They both made lots of jokes about it, until Hermione's mom told her to go to sleep, as Hermione was talking to Luna during midnight. Hermione had always been a Mamma's girl, so it was quite natural she had to agree with her mom.

**********************************

It was a kind of a tradition in Hermione's family that is her mom, dad and Hermione herself. Hermione and her dad would decorate the Christmas tree and then they would help Hermione's mom in preparing food and stuff for dinner party. This year Hermione's Uncle and Aunt, John and Sally Smith had also arrived 2 days before Christmas and were going to stay with Hermione and her parents till the day next to Christmas. They were also going to help in Christmas dinner preparations.

Uncle John was cousin of Robert and Aunt Sally was a school friend of Jane. They both met at Hermione's parents' marriage and hooked up immediately. Hermione liked both of them. Especially Uncle John, he was kind of fun to be with. He always lightened up a tense situation and also he was a good cook. Chocolate Pie had been his specialty and Hermione loved it. Hermione had been closest to him in all the aunts and uncles she had. And Aunt Sally, she was a bit strict, though not with Hermione.

*******************************************

So 2 days before Christmas Hermione and her dad were decorating the tree. Jane had already told them how she wanted every item to be placed on the tree. And then she started working on the food and stuff. John, Sally and Romilda were helping Jane in the kitchen. It was already evening time.

"So pumpkin how's been your school so far?" Robert asked Hermione while they were working on the tree. Hermione was sitting on the floor handing him the decoration items.

"Nothing out of normal dad, it's always the same for me. You know that." Hermione replied.

Once they were done with the decorations, Robert spoke.

"So how does it look?" Robert asked moving a bit further away from the tree to have a better look. Hermione went towards where he was standing.

"It's absolutely brilliant dad." Hermione exclaimed happily. She was feeling really good and excited. She loved to work with her dad. They both made an excellent team.

Robert smiled at Hermione and kissed her forehead. "Let's call your Mom and see what she has to say?" he said. Hermione agreed. Her mom always had something new about the decorations till the last moment. Hermione and her father never admitted but Jane's ideas were usually good.

"Jane" Hermione's dad called to her mum and to her displeasure "Romilda" he called.

Jane came out of Kitchen, but Romilda didn't.

"What is it Rob?" Jane asked "And Romilda had just gone out." she added as she came and stood next to Robert and Hermione to look at the tree.

"How is it?" Hermione asked. She looked at it appraisingly and then smiled. "It's beautiful dears. Tomorrow morning we will shift it in the backyard and rest of the work can be done tomorrow. What you say?" she asked looking at Robert.

"Yes Mam." Robert said with a mock salute. Hermione and her mom started laughing. Hermione absolutely loved these moments.

Hermione never told her parents but she loved them a lot. She was not very good at expressing herself but her parents knew that she loved them.

***********************************

Jane was back to Kitchen and Hermione and her dad settled on the couch and switched on the TV. Hermione thought about asking her dad about the guest who were going to join them at dinner party.

"Hey dad" she said.

"Yeah Hon" her dad asked looking at her.

"Who are yours and Mom's new friends coming to the party?" Hermione asked, trying to sound casual.

"Oh...they are James and Lily Potter. We met them at one of the charity ball. Very nice people they are." Robert said.

"Potters. Aren't they one who owns that big law firm in central part of London? They are quite known in their profession." Hermione said, looking a bit surprised.

"Yeah, it's them. Rich they are, but very down to earth. James is quite funny and Lily, you can say she keeps him in line." Hermione's dad said laughing, probably remembering some kind of funny moment with Potters.

"Your mom and Lily got along very well. Since charity ball they kept in contact with us, very rare for the people who come from the rich societies. Over time we became good friends. So we decided to call them over." Robert finished.

"Wow dad, you really seem much caught up with them." Hermione said which was very true. Her dad was a kind of introvert person or more like, kind of awkward around new people. He didn't mixed up with the people easily, a trait Hermione inherited from him.

'Theses Potters must be something, that dad has become so fond of them.' Hermione thought 'WAIT! POTTER. It clicks something in my mind'.

"Do they have someone in their Family named Harry Potter?" Hermione asked her dad.

To Hermione's immense surprise Robert started laughing at her.

"Dad what?" Hermione was getting a bit annoyed now.

"Sweetie, Harry Potter is their son and he would be joining us as well. How do you know about him?" Her dad asked curiously.

'This is same with all the fathers in the world. A boy is mentioned in your talks and questioning starts.' Hermione thought

She was not sure whether to answer or not. She decided to go with the facts...

"Well he is from Hogwarts and quite popular in my school. He dated Cho Chang from my school, for some time. And she is one of the most popular girls in our school. So it was obvious others talked a lot about them." Hermione said in a matter of fact voice.

"So do you have any kind of crush on him?" Robert asked in a teasing manner.

'DAD teasing me...seem like I am in an alternate world. Since when had he started taking interest in my love life, which doesn't exist at all?' Hermione thought with a little shock

"Jeez dad, you know me better than that." Hermione answered him in annoyed tone, so he won't question her further...And that's what her dad did, he never brought up the topic again...

These questions always hit a sore spot for Hermione. Never till date had any boy showed any interest in her. And though she never said or cared much about it, it did hurt her sometimes.

*************************************

It was Christmas today. Hermione woke up early without her Mom shaking her to wake up. It was time for opening the presents, Hermione's favorite part of the day.

She went straight to her parents' bedroom and started banging on the door "MOM, DAD COME OUT. WE HAVE TO OPEN THE PRSENTS." she shouted.

Next she went to Uncle John and Aunt Sally's room. After telling them to come down she was on her way to downstairs. She purposefully avoided calling Romilda. She knew it was a family time and whether she wanted it or not, Romilda was family. But she didn't want to spoil her morning by having another argument with her.

But her mom called Romilda to open the presents with them.

Hermione always liked to open gifts with her mom and dad before rest of the family would arrive.

Hermione's dad got her a telescope and she got a personal diary from her mom...

'Why would I need a diary' Hermione mused. She never wrote personal diaries. Her mom answered her unasked question...

"Dear you have already turned 16. Lots of changes will occur in your life. You may not want to talk to anyone about them. May be not even me. This diary will help. You can write your emotions about different things in it that you don't want to tell others. It will help you to let out your emotions." she gave Hermione a mischievous grin "It helped me a lot when I started crushing on your dad." Jane finished.

Hermione smiled at that.

'I never knew Mom had it in her' Hermione wondered warmheartedly.

"Yes Hermione. Your mom would never let anyone touch her diary. She kept it like it was a long lost most precious treasure..." Aunt Sally said and started laughing...

"What diary?" Robert asked oblivious to the conversation.

"Nothing dear." Jane said giving him a kiss on the cheek. They had always been careful in showing their affections around Hermione. Though, Hermione didn't know why.

Uncle John and Aunt Sally had brought Hermione a dress as a gift. Hermione in return got them gifts as well. A pen for Uncle John as he loved writing in his free time, but what he wrote was a mystery to them. For Aunt Sally, she brought her a cook book. Sally wasn't very good at cooking but loved it all the same...

Hermione's biggest challenge was to get a gift for Romilda. In the end they decided to give a joint gift, from Hermione and her parents. Hermione's mom bought a make-up gift with latest stuff and accessories in it. Romilda loved these kinds of stuff and accessories...

Hermione always wondered what was so great about these kinds of stuff. She never used any of it. She found all this as a waste of time. She never denied to herself that Romilda was a beautiful girl and would have done great without make-up on her face...She was natural. But Hermione wasn't going to tell her as Romilda would have thrown another insult at Hermione about her looks.

***********************************************

A/N: - Tell whether you like it or not...Keeping my fingers cross ... Suggestions and criticisms are welcomed ...Read and review.

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->