Unofficial Portkey Archive

Love and Like by rockstar
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Love and Like

rockstar

Author's note: - Apologizing in advance for spelling and grammar mistakes.

Disclaimer: - I don't own Harry Potter and anyone or anything related.

-------------------------------

Time For A Get-Together

They both stood in silence staring at the retreating back of Ginny and Roger, and oblivious to all the tension and awkward circumstances taking place between the adults, little Teddy continued eating and savoring the taste of his favorite chocolate flavored ice-cream with a dreamy expression on his face.

-------------------------------------------------

Hermione had discussed with Ron about when that they could put their plan in action. They had decided the upcoming Friday night would be appropriate.

Hermione hadn't told Ron the real reason for Harry's withdrawal from his friends and Weasley family. Only thing she told him was that Harry was upset because of his temporary suspension from the Auror program.

Two weeks after Hermione had lunch with Harry and Teddy, Ron had come to her office one evening. The moment he had entered her office he had started complaining about Harry's behavior, about how Harry had turned down his offer for best boys-friends time at least thrice, that's how Ron put it.

However, as Ron didn't know the real reason, so it took some time for Hermione to calm him down.

Finally, when Ron asked her why Harry was behaving the way he was, she told him about his suspension. Ron told her that she should go and talk some sense in Harry.

Hermione knew that for last two weeks, Harry had been spending his time either with Teddy or cooped up in his apartment. He had stopped drinking at Hermione's insistence, but he was still brooding. At times Hermione felt like Harry was hiding something from her and was avoiding her on purpose.

Hermione was getting tired of his behavior. Like Ron, she too had tried to get Harry go out with her for some fun time, but he always refused, not directly, but did nonetheless.

That was when Hermione and Ron had come up with a plan to get Harry out of his depressing shell. They had planned a get-together just for three of them at a newly opened magical pub in London.

Their plan was simple. They were going to barge in Harry's apartment and drag him to the pub with them.

------------------------------------

"Ready?" Ron asked.

"Yeah, let's do it." Hermione replied with determination. Ron simply nodded.

It was Friday night, and Hermione and Ron had come to Harry's apartment to take him with them.

Ron pressed the doorbell and they both waited for Harry to open the door. After a couple of minutes, door opened and a very tired looking Harry was standing on other side of the door.

"Hey Harry," Ron said cheerfully.

"Ron, Hermione, what you both are doing here?" Harry asked looking surprised.

"Can we come in?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah sure," Harry said looking a bit uncertain. He stepped aside to let Ron and Hermione in.

Harry closed the door and turned around to look at his best friends.

Before Harry could ask anything, Ron spoke, "Get ready,"

"Why?" Harry asked looking puzzled.

"We are going out." Hermione answered.

"Where?" Harry asked looking at Hermione and Ron.

"We'll tell you later, but first, you get ready." Ron said leaving no place for argument.

Harry opened his mouth to speak, but Hermione interrupted him.

"You're just wasting your time, Harry. Tonight you have to come out with us. That's it. Now hurry up." Hermione said in a strict voice.

"She's right mate. Either you are going to come with your own freewill or we are going to force you. The end result will be the same in both the situations, you are coming with us." Ron said.

"Is it really necessary?" Harry asked dejectedly.

"YES!" Both Ron and Hermione shouted in unison.

"Okay, okay, I got it. There's no need to shout at me." Harry said rushing towards his bedroom.

After 15 minutes, Harry came out of his bedroom looking clean and fresh. He was wearing a white button down shirt, blue jeans, and a brown jacket.

"Let's go." Ron said and three of them left the apartment.

------------------------------

Harry, Ron, and Hermione entered the pub. It was large and adorned with flashlights. There was a dance floor where many couples were dancing on some slow music.

"What are we doing here?" Harry asked.

"We are having a get together, for just three of us." Ron replied looking around the pub in search of an empty table.

Just then, a leggy brunette waitress wearing a skimpy black dress approached them.

"What can I do for you?" She asked in a seductive voice, looking at Ron and Harry and completely ignoring Hermione. Brunette looked at Harry and then her eyes shifted towards his forehead and an odd glint appeared in her eyes. She opened her mouth to say something, but Hermione cut her off.

"We want a table where we can have some privacy from the prying crowd and where nobody would disturb us." Hermione said frostily.

Waitress looked annoyed at the interruption and glanced at Hermione looking at her up and down.

"Right, this way," Waitress said. She turned around and started walking, gesturing the three new customers to follow her.

She led them further inside the pub and to a small private booth away from the dance floor. Most of the crowd at the pub was gathered around the bar and the dance floor. So, the place where the trio were sitting was quite good for those who wanted privacy.

Three of them sat down. Harry and Hermione sat on one side and Ron sat in front of them. Waitress left, telling them that their server for the evening will arrive on their table in a moment.

"Why are we here?" Harry asked again

Hermione shared a look with Ron and they both rolled their eyes together.

"Don't roll your eyes at me." He said looking a little annoyed with his best friends.

"We are here, because you have been acting like a jerk for last couple of weeks." Ron explained in a way as though if talking to a five-year-old boy.

"Yeah," Hermione nodded agreeing with Ron.

"Today, we have brought you here, so that you can enjoy the night instead of sulking around at your apartment." Hermione said.

Harry frowned at what his best friends said.

"I was not sulking." Harry grumbled.

"Sure, you could have fooled me." Ron retorted.

Harry gave an irritated look to the two conspirators and then he looked away from them, lost in his thoughts.

Ron once again opened his mouth to speak, but Hermione silenced him with a look.

After sometime, a redhead girl came to their table. She was wearing the dress similar to the black dress sported by brown-haired waitress, who led them to the table, was wearing.

She had long and straight red hair tied in a loose ponytail, light brown eyes, and a slender figure. She smiled suggestively at Harry as she arrived at their table.

Harry simply sighed and looked away from the girl, and concentrated on Hermione, who was looking back at him worriedly.

"I am all right." He mouthed. Hermione squeezed Harry's hand, and gave a small smile.

"So what would you like to drink?" Waitress asked looking at Trio.

"I'll have Butterbeer." Hermione said.

"Oh come on, Hermione try something stronger." Ron teased.

Hermione shook her head. "No way," She said remembering the fiasco she had made of herself last year, at the marriage anniversary Ron's parents, Arthur and Molly Weasley.

"You know, we'll be here to catch you in case you decide to climb on the table, sing like a banshee, and then fall down on your arse." Harry whispered in Hermione's ear, trying very hard to suppress his laughter.

"Why you little…" Hermione hit a little hard Harry's arm while turning red due to embarrassment.

"What did I miss?" Ron asked leaning closer to Harry and Hermione.

"Your mum and dad's anniversary party, last year," Harry didn't need to say anything else as Ron burst out laughing.

"Ronald Weasley, you say anything about that incident and I'll turn you into a giant slug." Hermione threatened looking at her best friend with narrowed eyes.

Ron immediately shut his mouth.

"I am waiting." Waitress interrupted.

"Oh yeah, sorry," Harry said, "I'll have Fireshisky. Ron, what about you?" He asked Ron.

"I'll also take Firewhisky." Ron said.

"Very well, I'll be back in a couple of minutes with your drinks." Waitress said and before leaving, she gave on last look at Harry, who didn't notice it.

"That girl was just so obvious, definitely a star struck fan girl." Hermione mumbled. Both Ron and Harry simply nodded their head getting along with what Hermione said and sharing a private laugh when Hermione wasn't looking.

"Ok Hermione, now that you have mentioned about slugs, why did you tell Teddy about my slug vomiting incident?" Ron grumbled, "First of all he found it very funny that somebody could vomit slugs out of their mouth, and then he kept asking how I was able to contain that many slugs in my stomach. I mean he practically asked me whether I eat slugs."

By the time Ron finished, Hermione's body was shaking with silent laughter. She patted Ron's arm. "Teddy is just a curious child, Ron. But I also want to know about it. So spill it out, how did you manage to contain slugs in your stomach."

Ron jerked away his hand from Hermione. "You are a double-crossing best friend." He moaned getting up from his seat.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked trying to hide his amusement.

"I need to use the loo. I'll be back in a few minutes." He said and left after throwing a last glare towards Hermione's direction who was still shaking with laughter.

"Well, that was fun." Harry said looking at Hermione, making both of them loose themselves in another round of hearty laughs.

"Hermione, did you tell Ron about Ginny?" Harry asked tentatively, once their laughter settled down.

"Of course not, Harry." Hermione said squeezing Harry's hand.

Harry smiled with relief and squeezed her hand in return.

------------------------------------

After few minutes, the redhead waitress came back with their drinks. She put the glasses filled with their respective drinks on the table and left without giving another glance towards Harry and Hermione.

As waitress left, Ron joined them. Three of them picked their glasses and said, "CHEERS!"

"You know, it's good, but not as good as Madam Rosmerta's Firewhisky." Ron said taking a sip of his drink.

"Well, she's got the best." Harry said agreeing with Ron.

"True," Hermione added taking a swig of her drink.

"You know, I would like to toast this sip to Teddy." Hermione said with an amused smile as she raised her glass and took a large sip of her drink.

Harry and Ron both stared at Hermione as though if she had grown a second head.

"What? I am in a good mood today." Hermione said defending herself.

Harry laughed heartily as Ron gave an annoyed look to Hermione.

"Why did you toast to Teddy?" He complained.

Hermione simply shrugged her shoulders in return and grinned mischievously.

"Fine, I would like to toast to," Ron thought for a moment, "Yes, Cormac Maclaggen." He finished with a smug smile and took a large swig from his glass.

Hermione scowled at him but refrained herself from saying anything.

"What about you Harry?" Hermione asked.

"Umm…I would like to toast to Lockhart." Harry said in a laughing voice.

Three of them burst out laughing and Hermione turned red as well, remembering her fascination with their former defense teacher.

Harry wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer.

"Don't be embarrassed Hermione. It can happen with anyone, after all you were just a little fan girl." He said with an impish grin.

Hermione pushed him away. "Git," She muttered, making Harry laugh with gusto.

Hermione looked at Ron as Harry continued to laugh. They both shared a smile looking at their cheerful best friend. Their plan had worked well.

--------------------------------

Three of them continued their toasting until first round of their drinks was finished.

"I'll go and get more drinks." Ron said getting up.

"No, I don't want to drink anymore. One mug of Butterbeer is more than enough for me." Hermione said.

"Aw, come on, Hermione. If you don't drink, how would we continue toasting?" Ron said with a pout.

Harry laughed at Ron's expression.

"He's right Hermione, for once let yourself go." Harry said.

"But you know I can't hold my liquor." Hermione said looking troubled, "Even Butterbeer makes me feel tipsy."

"Don't worry, Hermione. We'll make sure you reach your apartment in one piece and that too without embarrassing yourself." Ron contributed.

"Sure, and who'll make sure you reach your place in one piece." Hermione sarcastically, looking at Ron.

"Ah, don't worry. I'll make sure you both reach your respective places safely." Harry interjected with a serious expression on his face, although a small smile was threatening to come over his lips.

"Fine, but only Butterbeer, nothing else," Hermione warned Ron.

"Yes mam," He said giving a mock salute to Hermione. His eyes met Harry's just for a brief moment. He gave him a mischievous smile and left. Harry knew what that smile meant, Ron was definitely up to something.

---------------------------------

Ron came back after sometime with a large bottle of Butterbeer and two large bottles of Firewhisky. He handed the bottle of Butterbeer to Hermione and for once, she didn't object. Then Ron gave one bottle of Firewhisky to Harry and kept another bottle for himself.

"Now pour yourself a drink from your bottles and then let's continue toasting and I have already paid for our bill." Ron said filling his glass with Firewhisky.

Harry and Hermione shared a look, but didn't say anything. They knew how much it meant for Ron to pay for his best friends, as lack of money had always been an unpleasant topic for him during their school days.

They once again started their toasting game. After her first toast when Hermione took a sip of her drink, it tasted a little different from the normal Butterbeer. However, she didn't pay much attention to it as Ron started toasting.

Three of them toasted to many things like Quidditch, Divination, library, light reading, Hogwarts, friends, family, the adventures they had together at school and after school, house elves, Sirius, Dumbledore, Aragog (which made Ron shudder with fear), Fluffy, Norbert, sorting hat, Snape's greasy hair, Molly Weasley's cooking, mismatched socks, and many more things. Harry even toasted to his Cousin Dudley's pigtail that Hagrid had conjured with his umbrella when he had come to pick Harry on his 11th birthday.

Hermione was starting to feel intoxicated after each round of toasting. By the time she had drained more than half of the bottle of Butterbeer, she was feeling completely drunk. She was finding it extremely difficult to concentrate on what was going around her. At some point, she had lost the track of the toasting game she was playing with her two best friends. She had no idea, what her best friends were toasting to. Whenever it was her turn to toast, Harry would nudge her lightly and she would just mumble some incoherent words and gulp down her drink.

"Hermione," Harry nudged her again.

"Huh?" She said feeling disoriented. She looked at Harry closely. He was looking amused as he said something to her.

"It's your turn," Harry repeated realizing that Hermione hadn't heard a word he was saying earlier.

"Myyy turrrnnn," Hermione slurred.

"Yessssy Missy Herm-own-ninny," Ron said giggling loudly and emptied his half-filled glass at once, and then his head fell on the table and he started snoring loudly. It looked like Harry was the only one sober enough to take his two inebriated best friends home. He had avoided drinking too much of the Firewhisky, as he knew from the start that he was going to be the only one who would remain sober in the end. Also the way he had been drinking for last couple of weeks, it had increased his tolerance level towards the strong alcoholic drinks.

He also knew that Ron had spiked Hermione's Butterbeer with Firewhisky. By the time, he had realized this, it was too late, and Hermione was already drunk by then.

Harry sighed and looked at Hermione. She was looking at her empty glass, trying to figure out something.

He cupped her face and turned her face away from the empty glass and towards him. Hermione looked at him with glazed look in her eyes.

"Hermione, listen to me carefully," Harry said slowly so that Hermione could get what he was saying. Hermione just nodded.

Taking it as a sign that Hermione was listening to him, Harry continued,

"I am taking Ron home. You'll stay here. Don't go anywhere; I'll be back in a minute. Okay?" He said. Hermione nodded slowly, her eyes wide.

"Okeee," Hermione said childishly.

Harry grabbed Ron's hand and with the help of his wand, he managed to take Ron to the entrance of the club. Once they were outside Harry apparated himself and Ron to Ron's place where he lived with his girlfriend. After leaving Ron with his girlfriend, Jessica, Harry quickly apprated back to the pub.

When he entered the pub, he saw that a little crowd was gathered around the bar where Hermione was standing on the counter of the bar, holding a bottle in her hand like a microphone, and singing a muggle song in a high-pitched voice and boy, she was singing horrible.

She didn't seem aware of people pointing at her and laughing at her horrible display of singing. She just continued to sing her song, and then she started moving her body, making Harry realize that it was time to remove her from the bar before the staff threw her out of the pub.

He made his way through people standing around the bar and reached to Hermione.

"Hermione," He called tugging at her hand.

Hermione stopped singing and looked down. She smiled widely when she realized that it was Harry.

"Hawwy," She said in a drunken voice. She offered her hand for him to climb on the counter. However, instead of climbing on the counter, Harry pulled Hermione down. He scooped her in his arms and made his way through the dispersing crowd and towards the entrance of the pub. Hermione simply closed her eyes and rested her head on Harry's shoulder.

Once they were out of the pub, Harry walked a little away from the pub and put Hermione down. Hermione started swaying due to her intoxicated state. Harry just caught her in time before she hit the street.

"Hermione, I am going to apprate both of use to your apartment." Harry said leading Hermione towards an empty alley adjacent to the pub.

Hermione pulled her hand back and shook her head vigorously.

"I wanna walk." She said, her eyes half-closed.

"Hermione, your apartment is far-off from here." Harry tried to explain.

"I don't know. I want to walk." Hermione said stubbornly and started walking leaving a befuddled Harry behind.

Harry just rolled his eyes and jogged behind her. He grabbed her hand and stopped her from going any further.

"Leave me," Hermione grumbled, trying to free her hand from Harry's firm grasp, but with no avail.

She looked at Harry with a cloudy look in her eyes and gasped loudly.

"Harry, why didn't you tell me that you have a twin brother?" Hermione asked leaning into the empty space next to Harry as though if somebody was standing there.

Harry suppressed a smile and spoke,

"I don't have a twin, Hermione. You are just seeing the double because you are drunk." He elucidated amusedly.

"I am drunk?" She said and contemplated for a moment, "No, I am not drunk." She concluded.

"But you are." Harry said as a smile appeared on his lips.

"Oh," Hermione said.

"So will you carry me?" She asked all of a sudden.

"What?" asked a bewildered Harry.

"Carry me," Hermione said as though if it was obvious, "You know I am drunk, so I can't walk straight. But as we are walking to my flat, you should carry me." She said as she reached out for Harry, wrapped her arms around his neck, and rested her head in the crook between his neck and shoulder.

For a moment, Harry just stood there looking stunned. Then he got relaxed and wrapped an arm around Hermione. He could feel her warm breath on his neck.

"Hermione," Harry called checking whether she had fallen asleep or not.

"Hmm…" Hermione replied sleepily, raising her head and looking at Harry.

Hermione felt entranced looking into emerald green eyes of her best friend.

Drinking had loosened her up a bit. She cupped Harry's cheek and looked into his eyes intensely.

"You know, your eyes are gorgeous." Hermione whispered. Her face was very close to Harry's face. Regardless of being smashed, she could feel the deep-rooted emotions welling up in her heart.

Harry's eyes widened with surprise. He just stood there motionless and stared back into the chocolate brown eyes of his best friend.

Hermione blinked once and gave a sad smile to Harry, and before Harry could realize what was happening, Hermione pressed her lips against his lips.

----------------------------------

Author's note: - Please REVIEW and tell me what you think.

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->