Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Arithmetic Theory by SoraSummers
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Arithmetic Theory

SoraSummers

A/N: I understand that a lot of people were confused by the last chapter. Let me attempt to remedy some of this.

Cloud - Main character from the game Final Fantasy 7. As a boy he had always dreamed of growing up to be in Soldier, and become the next great warrior, like Sephiroth. Cloud left his hometown (leaving Tifa behind, though they weren't close) and joined the military. He never made it into Soldier like his best friend Zack, who became Sephiroth's partner. To make a long, long story short (and skip all the untrue flashbacks) Sephiroth was a good guy who went insane when they reached their destination in Cloud's hometown, where he was reunited with Tifa. Sephiroth murdered Tifa's father, and then Tifa tried to confront him. Sephiroth sliced her across the chess and sent her down a flight of stairs. Zack came in and ran past Tifa to confront Sephiroth. Sephiroth makes quick work of Zack, he tells his dying words to Cloud. Some sh*t goes down, and Cloud confronts Sephiroth. Sephiroth stabs Cloud through the chest, but miraculously Cloud turns the tables and throws Sephiroth to his death. Many years pass and a clone of Sephiroth starts killing people. Lots more stuff happens and eventually Cloud duels Sephiroth in the very lifestream of the planet. Cloud wins once and for all, but the destiny of the world is a topic still heavily debated. Some say that the humans were destroyed, some say that they were not. We'll only know the truth when Advent Children comes out.

Tifa - Knew Cloud as a child, grew to love him as a man. Cloud was seemingly in love with Aeris, before her untimely death (still to this day the greatest plot twist ever in a video game). As the game progressed Cloud and Tifa came closer, and shared a night together before the final battle. What they did overnight is still up for debate. Cloud saves Tifa's life after the final battle and says something about knowing where to find Aeris. This clouds (no pun intended) Cloud's feelings even more. Who did he love? We may never know.

Kongol - Basically a huge giant who realized the error of his ways and joined the good guys. He really didn't have much character to him.

Serge - a young man, dead in one world and alive in another. He is haunted by a dream of him murdering his friend, Kid. After many dream sequences (all replaying the exact same dream) we finally come to the present and witness the dream become reality. Very moving sequence (followed by the most impossible battle ever - I don't think it is possible to win, I think that you have to lose).

That's basically it. Their backgrounds won't come into play in the story, just some nifty little one-liners for fun. They will be of help to Harry and some others in the story as well. Who these others are, you'll find out later.

Keep an eye and an ear out for these references - they'll have bearing - mostly foreshadowing - to the plot. There are Star Wars references as well, and I'll be throwing some more in later as well from other works of literature that I happen to like.

The next update should come soon, perhaps tomorrow, if not, most likely Thursday.

Cheers!