Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Arithmetic Theory by SoraSummers
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Arithmetic Theory

SoraSummers

A/N: Well, I was bored at midnight, so I figured, why not? So here's the first update for AT in two months. Enjoy!

*****

Chapter 43

Harry didn't waste any time getting to work that night, immediately drawing the curtains around his illustrious four-poster and beginning to whittle away at his Marauder. He wasn't planning on telling anyone about the modifications he was making, at least not until he had already slaughtered them all in training the next night.

The process really only took a few moments, and Harry was able to fall asleep with the blissful thought of lighting up all of his friends the following night.

*****

It was too bad he had to sit through a double-potions lesson with the Slytherins as the last class that day before their dog-fighting lessons.

"Today you will be brewing the Granite Potion. The instructions are on the board. You have two hours. I trust you will all be able to complete the potion in time," He gave Neville a slimy smile, "though it may take some longer than others."

Neville, however, was no longer the little boy to be pushed around, and he wasn't stupid either. With no blush or even recognition of Snape's insult, he started in on his potion and was one of the first to complete the complicated coagulation.

Harry, on the other hand, was so wrapped up in his thoughts of the impending dog-fight that he would partake in in a few hours didn't even realize when he had wasted the first ten minutes staring off into space until Hermione slightly nudged his arm to snap him out of his comatose-state.

Unfortunately, this did not go unnoticed by Snape. "Granger! Potter! No helping one another! You both will receive zeros for the day, now leave my class and expect a visit from your Head of House regarding cheating."

Harry, enraged, stood up a bit to quickly, knocking his cauldron all over the floor (thankfully it was nearly empty) in his haste to retort. "That's so unfair! You practically give Malfoy the exam beforehand, why isn't that cheating?"

Snape, now livid, leered at Harry, who was ignoring an irate Hermione who was covering her eyes with one hand while her head shook at Harry's inability to control his temper. "Detention Potter. Unless you have something else to add?"

"You can shove your - ow!" Harry broke off when Hermione dug her fingernails into his palm, making Snape's smirk grow yet again.

"Hmm, it seems that at least Miss Granger is intelligent enough to not talk back, but I cannot have her injuring my students like that, ten points from Gryffindor for attacking a fellow student, Miss Granger, and five each for a public show of affection - you're holding hands."

"Yeah Snape? Well holding hands is a lot more action that you're ever going to be getting so why don't you go -" but what Snape should go do was cut off, as Hermione had cast a silencing charm on Harry and dragged him out of the classroom.

"Honestly Harry!" She said in a huff, her cheeks reddening in a way that Harry found incredibly attractive. "Thanks to your stupid day-dreaming and temper, you have a detention and Gryffindor lost twenty points!" She grabbed her hair in frustration. "Don't you have anything to say for yourself?"

Harry, only slightly ashamed, responded with a classic dumb-boy-not-thinking-about-what-he's-saying answer. "Er…you know you look really hot when you're angry?"

Hermione gaped at him for a second before growling in frustration and stomping off, presumably to Gryffindor Tower, without another word.

"What did I say?"

*****

Harry didn't see or hear from Hermione again until they all met out on the quidditch pitch later that night for training. Harry couldn't help the small smirk that was playing on his lips as he walked up to his friends, something that didn't go unnoticed by his friends.

"Oi Harry, what's the smirk for?" Seamus asked, grinning.

"Yeah," Dean continued, "Hermione's looking pretty flushed too, what have you been up too all day since Potions?"

"Well I dunno Dean, seems Hermione's speechless, but I bet ya that it was Harry who was tongue-tied!"

The duo began laughing louder than a New Orleans man on Mardi Gras while the others looked on in mild amusement.

Harry and Hermione ignored the two of them, instead focusing on Biggs and Wedge. "Alright, why don't we just get right down to it, eh?"

Putting on game faces, everyone began to straddle their brooms and get ready for flight, while Harry grinned madly. "Coming Harry?" Ginny asked as she took flight next to her boyfriend.

He nodded and pulled out his wand, holding it next to his broom. "Conjecture mobulus."

To everyone's astonishment - except Harry's - a slot opened up in Harry's broom, allowing the wand access, and the two bonded like father and son at a football match. Now he boarded his broom, and took off into the air.

"Let's dance."

Curses started flying, but Harry kept himself restrained until he found a good opportunity. He flew in behind Dean, who immediately started juking and corkscrewing in an attempt to get out of the way, but Harry stayed on target and bellowed, "Fire!"

To the astonishment of everyone in the vicinity of the quidditch pitch, a bright red jet of light shot out of the point of Harry's wand, painting Dean from behind.

"Oh mother fu-"

"Language Ron!" Hermione chided before taking a shot at the red-head from the side. Ron, being much more skilled on a broom than Hermione, easily dodged and swerved, coming up right behind the bushy-haired fiancée of Harry potter and taking her out of the fight.

In the meantime, three other Victors had fallen victim to Harry's infusion of his wand into the broom. It gave him an insurmountable advantage over everyone else, he had the ability to aim and shoot while making evasive maneuvers as well as the fact that his shots were much more accurate and easier to pull off.

Needless to say, Harry had ended the duel in less than ten minutes, and was afterwards bombarded with questions. An hour later, they had all taken to the air with the same modification on their brooms that Harry had, making the fighting much more even, but Harry was still able to easily pull out the victory.

Sweaty and tired from training, Harry collapsed on his bed that night after chucking all his clothes to the foot of his bed. He did a quick cleansing charm on himself before his eyes gave up on him and he fell into a deep slumber.

*****

A/N: Sorry about the lack of depth and absence of importance or plot in this chapter, but oh well. I dunno when the next update will be, could be in two months, might be next week, we'll see. I'm just gonna keep dragging this fic along tooth and nail, it will probably be finished eventually.

Alright, so hit me up with a review, you know I love'em! Oh yeah, and everyone that likes funny-offensive lyrics and rap music has to go out and but Hooray for Boobies by Blood Hound Gang, as well as One fierce Beer Coaster by the same band. Great albums! And after you've listened to them, check out my new fic, Harry Potter and theBLOODHOUNDGANG (though the name will probably change soon, just look for my name as the author) and listen to the songs as you read the chapters, it's pretty funny!

Go Cubs!