Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Arithmetic Theory by SoraSummers
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Arithmetic Theory

SoraSummers

A/N: Here's the new installment! Like I said, things are gonna slow down from here on out, and this is the last three chapter installment, from here on out it'll be one chapter at a time. R/R!

*****

Chapter 25

After Weapons training (they had finally gotten to start using their weapons) Harry, Ron, and Hermione walked back to the common room, Hermione and Ron having one of their traditional bickering contests.

"I told you that if you took a swipe at Dean, even just for fun, that you would get in trouble!" Hermione scolded.

"No you didn't!" Ron retorted. "You just said that it would be a bad idea and the teacher would look down on it!"

"URRGGHH!" Hermione yelled. "That's practically the same thing!"

"No it's not!"

"Yes it is!"

"Well you should have explained it better than!"

"I'm not your mother!"

"Then stop acting like her!"

"SHUT UP!" Harry roared, breaking Ron and Hermione's attention from each other and onto him. He rubbed his temples furiously. "You're giving me a migraine!"

Not another word was spoken between Ron and Hermione for the rest of the walk back to the tower. When they got to the common room Ron stormed off into a corner mumbling something about a Transfiguration essay.

"Hey Dean, Seamus, where ya going?" Harry asked as he saw his two fellow Gryffindor sixth years head past him and towards the portrait hole. "Oh, we were gonna go play some football and quidditch. I promised I'd practice beater with Seamus if he played football with me. Do you guys want to come?"

"No!" Hermione said quickly, her eyes sparkling with excitement. Ignoring Harry's questioning look, she continued. "We have something we have to do."

Dean and Seamus shrugged and left, leaving a confused Harry looking confusedly at a nervous Hermione.

"So, what are these plans we've got?" He asked her.

She gave him a nervous smile. "Well, Dean and Seamus are going out to the pitch right?" Harry nodded, not grasping the point. "And Ron is doing homework…"

"Yeah…" Harry said, wishing she would get to the point.

"And Neville's spending the day with his parents…" She bit her lip lightly.

"And…?" Harry asked, starting to get annoyed.

"Well, do you remember our, er, conversation this morning?" Harry's eyes sparked up. Hermione saw this and grinned. "And now no one will be in your room for a long time…so…"

Hermione giggled when Harry grabbed her hand, finally getting the message, and rushed up to his room with her. They entered it together and slammed the door shut, each putting every imaginable locking and silencing charm they could think of on it.

When they were done, Hermione smiled at him seductively, laying back on his bed. She motioned with one finger for him to come over and join her. He did, crushing his lips against hers on the bed.

*****

Two hours later Harry and Hermione walked back downstairs holding hands, each wearing an identical satisfied grin. Harry believed that the last two hours had been the greatest of his life.

Ron saw them coming down the stairs, somewhat confused at the looks on their faces. Realization dawned on him and he blurted out, "Did you two just shag!?"

Harry and Hermione turned beet red as every head in the room turned to look at them eagerly. Parvati and Lavender were practically drooling in anticipation.

Hermione glared daggers at Ron, Harry was to embarrassed to speak. "No Ronald Bilius Weasley! We did not shag! I can assure you that Harry and I are both virgins! Are you satisfied now!"

Ron, not ready to back down after their earlier fight, retorted, "Well you were locked up in that room for two hours! What the bloody hell else would you have been doing!"

Hermione was radiating in her anger. "There are other things couples can do to show they love each other than shag Ron!"

Parvati piped up from the other side of the room. "Oooh, like what, chili dogs?"

The common room exploded in laughter and Hermione, tears of anger and embarrassment streaming down her face, stormed from the room. Harry glared at Ron after she ran out.

"Why do you always need to push her buttons Ron?"

Without waiting for a reply, he fled the room in search of Hermione. Ron was his best friend, he loved the guy, but sometimes he could be really dense.

Harry found Hermione sobbing outside by a tree next to the lake. Harry didn't say anything, he just sat down next to her and wrapped his arms around her, placing a delicate kiss on her temple.

Hermione's sobs dissolved quickly, and she was now only sniffing sadly into Harry's chest, Harry lovingly stroking her hair.

"Hermione?"

Harry turned around to see his red-headed best friend standing nervously behind them. He smiled at Ron and rose to his feet, kissing Hermione softly on the cheek. "I'll wait for you two in the common room."

Hermione gave him a small smile and nodded, then turned to Ron. "Do you wanna take a walk around the lake?"

He nodded and they left together, presumably trying to work out their differences. Harry hoped that the bickering would stop after tonight. But he'd best not get his hopes up…

Harry walked back to the common room in solitude, and he was surprised to see that the room was rather empty, excluding the other Gryffindor sixth years, Parvati, Lavender, Luna, Dean, Seamus, and Neville (he had apparently gotten back to the castle since the fiasco).

It was Neville who spoke up, his voice quivering in fear and anticipation. "So, where are Hermione and Ron?"

Harry yawned and rubbed his eyes. "They're taking a walk around the lake, trying to sort out their differences."

There was a collective sigh from the Gryffindor's. "So is, Hermione…okay?" Parvati asked, seemingly on the brink of tears. "I feel really bad, I-I shouldn't have said that, all I did was make it worse." She started sobbing while Lavender patted her on the shoulder.

"It's okay," She said, kissing her best friend's forehead. "I'm sure Hermione isn't mad at only you, isn't that right Harry?"

He nodded. "Yeah Parv, she didn't even mention you when we were out by the lake, only Ron. You were just sort of like the last straw. Don't worry I'm sure that she doesn't hold any ill will towards you for it." He smiled reassuringly and the moment was finished, everyone knew that it would be fine.

"So," Seamus said, wearing an evil smirk. "You will give us the details tonight before we go to sleep, right?"

Harry groaned and rubbed the back of his neck. "A gentlemen never tells."

Dean snorted. "A gentlemen never does whatever the bloody hell you did to Hermione up there!"

Everyone laughed, Luna much harder than the rest. "So guys," Harry said, grinning as he plopped down in the nearest loveseat. "You obviously know all about me and Hermione's love lives, how about all of you?"

The next full half an hour was spent with excited and joyous conversation of each Gryffindor sixth year. It seemed that Parvati was seeing a 'Brad Pitt cute' Ravenclaw fifth year, while Lavender was going to the first Hogsmeade weekend with a Hufflepuff seventh year prefect.

"So Luna, how's it going with you and Ron?" Harry asked, grinning.

Luna gave a dreamy sigh. "Oh, my Ronald, he is so shy. But he is very cute, don't you guys think?" Lavender and Parvati nodded eagerly. Dean and Seamus scowled at them.

"What, and I'm the male equivalent of Marietta Edgecomb?" Seamus asked in mock anger.

Parvati giggled at his outburst. "No Seamus, I happen to think you are very handsome." Lavender and Luna nodded in agreement, while Seamus blushed and Dean laughed.

Neville was shifting uneasily, obviously not wanting to bring up the person of his affection. Lavender ruined it for him.

"So who is it that you fancy Neville?"

He whimpered a little and cast a pleading glance at Dean, who was chuckling softly. Dean spoke up. "Neville's got a thing for Ginny."

Lavender and Parvati gasped, while Luna nodded her head, as if she knew it all along. "But Dean, you're dating Ginny!"

Dean smiled and shook his head. "I am now, but when she wakes up," They all cringed, feeling bad for Ginny who was still sleeping in the hospital wing. Dean sighed. "When she wakes up, I'll give it a few days until she's totally recovered, and then I'm going to break up with her."

Lavender and Parvati gasped again, then looked somewhat angry when they noticed that they were the only ones that seemed surprised by this news. "Hey! How long have you guys all known this!" Demanded Lavender, hands on her hips while Parvati had her arms crossed in front of her and was nodding in agreement.

Dean shrugged. "I had a long talk with Neville about it the night she went in there. That's when I realized that I love her but I'm not in love with her," Parvati and Lavender gasped, but their expressions softened slightly. "Then Harry came in to see how she was doing, and I told him then. I told Seamus as soon as I got back to the dorms, him being my best mate and all."

He smirked at Lavender and Parvati. "If I had told the two of you, then the whole school would have known about it before Ginny did!"

Lavender and Parvati blushed and grinned guiltily. Parvati spoke up. "Then let's make a pact," Everyone turned to look at her. "A pact that we'll get together, just the nine of us sixth years, at least once a week to have fun together and such. A pact that we'll tell each other everything about our lives, even after Hogwarts. A pact that we'll all stay the best of friends forever."

Harry looked thoughtful at the offer. It did seem to be a good idea, but Harry wasn't sure if he could tell them everything.

"Count us in."

Everyone turned to the door to see Hermione grinning broadly at them, Ron smiling and nodding his consent at her side. They came and sat next to Harry, Hermione sitting next to him and nodding in approval.

Harry smiled, he would tell them everything. "Okay," He said, looking pointedly at Dean, Seamus, Lavender, and Parvati. "We'll share everything with one another. There's a lot about us that the four of you know nothing about though," The four looked at him in interest.

"If we do this, I'll tell you everything about us and about Voldemort," A few people cringed. Harry turned and smiled at Hermione. "Can you make another sheet, with that jinx on it, like you did with the DA last year?"

She smiled and nodded, then ran up to her room to grab some parchment and put a jinx on it. Harry turned back to the rest. "In order for us to do this, we'll make a pact, and we'll be a group of sorts, we can even give ourselves a name."

They all smiled at this. "On this parchment you'll have to write your name, and then next to it, you have to write, 'I am not afraid of Lord Voldemort.'"

The four not currently in the DA gulped, but nodded. Harry smiled. "Okay, now first I wanna hear you all say it aloud. Dean, you first."

Dean took a deep breath and said, "I am not afraid of L-lord V-vold-derm-mort." He let out a great sigh when he finished, and Harry clapped him on the back.

"There ya go buddy! Okay, how about you go next Ron."

Ron nodded and, without hesitation, said, "I am not afraid of Lord V-Voldemort." Harry smiled, knowing that was the first time his friend had ever been able to say the name.

"Neville?"

"I am not afraid of Lord Voldemort." He said, flawlessly and without even a hint of fear in his voice.

Harry grinned and turned to the next person. "Luna?"

She yawned lazily. "I am not afraid of Lord Voldemort."

By the time the rest of the sixth years had finished saying 'I am not afraid of Lord Voldemort' (Seamus, Lavender, and Parvati had said it rather shakily) Hermione had returned with the parchment.

"Okay," She said merrily. "You all agree to keep everything you hear within our group to stay in the group, and not to tell anyone, even your parents or boyfriends?" Everyone nodded. "Okay then, sign here." She put the parchment down, putting on her own name and writing, 'I am not afraid of Lord Voldemort'.

When everyone was done signing, Seamus was the one who broke the uneasy silence and asked the question they were all dying to know. "So what happens to the one who breaks out pact?"

Hermione gave him an evil grin. "They'll make Marietta Edgecomb look like the cover girl for PlayWizard Magazine." Everyone gulped and nodded, vowing to themselves to never break the contract.

"Okay then, I guess it's time you guys learned everything in the wonderful life of Harry Potter." Harry said, eliciting a few grins from his friends. "I'm telling you now, there are some things that I'm about to tell you that less than five people on the planet know. Things that Voldemort wants, and would do anything to get."

Everyone nodded, Harry knowing full well that only one person in the room knew everything that he was going to tell - Hermione.

Over the next four hours Harry filled them all in on his adventures from first year through the present, as well as his abusive times at the Dursley's. Everyone was awed at the information they were getting, and all were very proud of Harry, Hermione, and Ron for their exploits. They were also proud of Luna and Neville as well as Ginny when they heard about the Department of Mysteries.

"Finally," Harry said, now with only the prophecy left to tell. "There is one last thing I have to tell you. Only Neville, Hermione, Dumbledore, my cousin Dudley, and Lupin know about it."

Ron looked directly at Harry, a hurt expression on his face. "Sorry Ron, I just never got the chance to tell you. It's about the prophecy…"

Over the next twenty minutes he gave them all the details of the prophecy, and all of what it entailed. Harry observed the room when he was finished. Lavender and Parvati were crying softly on each other's shoulders. Dean and Seamus were shocked, unable to do or say anything. Luna was wearing a dreamy sort of pity look on her face. Ron no longer looked upset, but horrified.

"You are all targets of Voldemort," Harry said quietly. "If any of this information gets out, it could mean not only my death, but the destruction of the wizarding world as we know it."

Harry let this sink in for a while before taking on a more cheerful tone. "Okay, so my dad and his friends called themselves the marauder's. What do we call ourselves?"

Everyone looked thoughtful for a moment, trying to think of a good idea. Hermione spoke up softly. "How about The Victors? We'll win through Voldemort, adversity, what's supposed to be impossible. We'll be victorious in everything." She gave a small laugh. "I guess Harry, Ron, and I have been victors for a long time now. So whaddya say?"

She put her hand in the middle of the makeshift circle they had made. "Victors to the end?"

Harry smiled and put his hand in. "To victory."

Ron and Neville followed suit. "Victors to the end." They said in unison.

Luna put her hand in. "Anything for my Ronald. I'll be a victor too." Ron blushed a little, but said nothing.

Parvati and Lavender put their hands in to complete the circle. "Victors forever."

Harry smiled around at his friends. They were the nine people that would bring down Voldemort, probably ten when Ginny awoke, as they couldn't leave her out, she was already to far involved.

He knew these were the people that he could trust with his life, and they were all true friends that would be with him to the end.

He would never be alone, his friends would always be there for him, and he for them.

Chapter 26

Tuesday morning at breakfast, all nine of the sixth years sat with each other, all wearing knowing smirks.

"So," Lavender said, starting conversation. "Tonight, will we all go to the training session then? Should we stay after in DADA and tell Moody?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah, I guess that would be best." He grinned at them. "We should get Tonks and McGonogall out there today, and you four can start on your animagus training."

Dean, Seamus, Parvati, and Lavender all squealed in glee, though Dean and Seamus looked somewhat embarrassed after their outburst. Harry just smiled at them. "We also have to get you guys some nicknames, like me, Ron, and Hermione have."

"Ooh, what are your names?" Lavender said, interested.

Ron choked out between mouthfuls of toast, "I'm Piggy."

Parvati giggled. "I wonder why," She whispered under her breath to Lavender, who started to giggle with her.

"Hermione's Scarlet," Harry said, and the others gave him knowing looks, all remembering the scarlet woman remarks of fourth year. "And I'm Drake."

Lavender scrunched her nose up. "Ew, I don't like that one much, it sounds to much like Draco."

Everyone else nodded in agreement, but Harry just shook his head. "Well, Hermione thought that it would be fitting with how Snitch was always following me around everywhere and such."

"Hmm," Seamus said, looking Dean up and down. "There's only one possible nickname for our football showoff here," Dean blushed. "We'll just give him the name of what he thinks he is - Pele!"

The others nodded eagerly in agreement, Harry thought it was a brilliant idea. "I do not think I am Pele you stupid Irish Leprechaun!" Dean retorted, laughing at his own remark. Now that Harry thought about it, Seamus was rather short, and kind of looked like the leprechauns they had seen at the World Cup in their fourth year.

"I am not a leprechaun!" Seamus said, flushing red in embarrassment.

"Well it looks like you are now Seamus, Hey!" Hermione giggled. "We could call you Rumplestiltskin!"

Her and Dean clutched their stomachs in laughter, while the rest looked at them questionably. They had all had a wizard upbringing, and knew nothing of the Rumplestiltskin legend.

"Yeah, but Rumplestiltskin is too long, let's shorten it." Lavender said thoughtfully.

Parvati giggled. "Yeah, I know, how about Rumpy!"

Everyone exploded in laughter, Seamus turning beat red. "You'll pay for that one Patil." He said dangerously.

She only giggled and slapped him on the shoulder. "I'm so scared, Rumpy!"

Everyone laughed again, Seamus joining in this time. People from the other tables were starting to look at them questionably, while Dumbledore was looking at them with a knowing smile.

"So who still needs a nickname?' Hermione asked skeptically.

Harry spoke up. "Maybe we should wait to see what their animagus forms are before naming them?" He suggested.

Hermione gave a small smile. "Yes, that sounds good, so you two are off the hook, for now." Parvati and Lavender nodded. "But Neville, on the other hand," The young man winced. "Is not. So what do we have for our favorite Longbottom?"

"I know!" Dean said, glancing at Hermione. "He's a grynx animagus right, like the most powerful of lions," Hermione nodded, grinning. "Hmm, so what name do we give to the king of the lions…"

Hermione giggled. "Simba!"

Dean and Hermione once again broke into a fit of giggles, while everyone else watched them bemusedly. "Another muggle thing huh?" Neville asked, though he didn't seem to mind the name at all. Dean and Hermione both nodded, still grinning.

*****

The nine of them had fun calling each other by their new nicknames all day long, giggling madly at the off looks they got for them.

Finally they reached DADA class, and after a lecture on the uses of healing spells, the nine of them hung back to speak with Moody.

"There something you lot need?"

"I told them everything Professor. These guys are my best friends and they know more about the war now than even you do. I just wanted to let you know that they'll be joining us in training from now on, we've formed sort of a little group. The nine of us, and Ginny. That's all you really need to know."

Harry said this without a hint of remorse or doubt. It wasn't a question, he wasn't asking. He was telling. Moody gave him a smile of respect.

"Dumbledore told me that this may have happened, doesn't miss a trick, that man." He smiled at them. "Okay then, you lot know that spot. Ten o'clock tonight, don't be late."

They all smiled and said that they'd be there, then left together. Everyone pretty much had the same classes, only a few of them having to break apart for classes like Runes or Arithmancy.

Finally it was 9:30, and Harry motioned to the others in the common room that it was time to go. "Come on guys, and don't forget your wands, you'll probably need them. Moody likes to surprise us sometimes. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!"

The others laughed and left through the portrait hole unquestioned by anyone, there weren't many seventh years and all the younger kids believed that the older students had the privilege of going out after hours. This was good because there was no way to fit nine people under two invisibility cloaks.

They made their way down to the Forbidden Forest, Lavender and Parvati chatting about what kind of animagus they would be. Finally they reached the edge, and they all went in, with only a small squeak from Lavender at the notion of spending a few hours in the forest.

Harry stopped them all a few steps into the forest. "Okay everyone, we're gonna put the disillusionment charm on ourselves so that it will be harder to hear us, I'm also going to use the Sound Blender Spell, so our movements will just sound like part of the forest, and not out of place. Whether or not Moody has a trap planned for us, we're gonna go after him anyways."

Everyone nodded eagerly and put the spells on themselves, making them the ultimate group of commandos. Harry silently split them into groups of three, with group leaders of Harry, Hermione, and Neville. Harry had Dean and Seamus in his group, Hermione was with Rona and Luna, and finally Neville was paired with the gossip twins.

Hermione's group (being the strongest collectively) headed straight up the middle towards where the meeting was while the other groups split, Harry's going right while Neville's flanked on the left.

Sure enough, Harry spied Moody laying in wait about twenty meters from the meeting spot. He motioned for his group to stop, and hoped that Hermione had noticed Mad-Eye. Harry was sure that Kingsley was on the other side, where Neville's group was.

Harry turned to Dean and Seamus and motioned with his hands for them to go around about fifty meters and then double back. Harry was sure that in the formation Moody and Kingsley were in, that there was one more person in the middle of them, waiting for the attack, and he would be the most powerful. Knowing that Moody and Kingsley were two of the ministry's best auror's, that only left one possibility for the third ambusher.

Dumbledore.

Harry silently climbed a tree a few meters before he reached Moody, then, using a combination of silent banishing and summoning charms, he maneuvered himself directly behind the unsuspecting auror.

Using a long branch as support, Harry slowly lowered himself down, hanging to the tree by the crook of his knees, and pointed his wand at Moody's back, only a few inches away.

"Kriptify." Harry said in an almost inaudible whisper. Moody didn't stand a chance. With a mild thump, Moody slumped to the ground, and Harry passed him triumphantly.

He made his way to the clearing, making sure to stay out of sight. His eyes scanned the area, not seeing Dumbledore. The old man had once told him that he did not need a cloak to become invisible, so Harry assumed he must be under some kind of enhanced disillusionment charm. He waved to where he knew Dean and Seamus would be and gave a thumbs up, wiggling his branch a little so that they would see him.

"Longbottom! Stupefy!" Came Kingsley's voice, and Harry, who was staring intently at the clearing, saw a few leaves ruffle where Dumbledore had moved. He grinned to himself.

Meanwhile, Neville had bellowed the shielding charm and deflected Kingsley's attack. Kingsley was set to attack again when…

"Stupefy!" Came Parvati and Lavender's voices. Harry grinned, Neville had caught the seasoned auror off guard by attacking him, then Lavender and Parvati had snuck up on him and stunned him. Brilliant.

He saw Hermione's group enter the clearing, and the movement that Dumbledore made to intercept them.

"Revalo!" Harry bellowed, sending the revealer curse directly where he knew Dumbledore was, catching the old man off guard and revealing him to Hermione's group, who wasted no time in attacking.

"Kriptify!" The three voices yelled, and at the same time came Dean and Seamus' voices, "Stupefy!"

Then Dumbledore did something amazing. He conjured a huge silver shield and absorbed all of the attacks. The shield glowed red and burst, sending a shockwave of energy out in a circle around him, complete with aftershocks.

The defense caught Dean, Seamus, Luna, Neville, Parvati, and Lavender all off guard and they were immediately knocked out. Ron had managed to fling himself out of the way while Hermione had transfigured herself into a phoenix and taken flight.

Harry seized the opportunity and leapt from the tree, rapidly taking on his basilisk form. Before Dumbledore could react, Harry had wrapped himself around the old man, not crushing him, but holding him securely.

Harry let out a hiss of victory, but it was short lived as he suddenly found himself bring shrunk back down into his human form. He mentally cursed himself. 'How could I be so stupid!? Of course Dumbledore's got a spell to revert an animagus to their original form! Remus and Sirius did it to Wormtail in third year!'

The old man smiled down at Harry, who was now paralyzed under the full body bind, then returned his attention to Hermione, who was flying overhead and Ron, who was running towards Dumbledore, trying to distract him.

Hermione flew into Dumbledore's face, forcing him backwards. At the same time Ron shot a stunner at Dumbledore, but blocked by Hermione, he didn't see it until it was to late.

The phoenix flew up just as the stunner reached her, and Dumbledore was helpless to stop it. The stunner knocked him to his back.

Ron was jumping in joy while Hermione reverted back to human form and threw herself around him, kissing him on the cheek and congratulating him for stunning the most powerful wizard on the planet.

They quickly revived everyone else, dragging Kingsley and Moody into the middle next to Dumbledore. They took their wands and celebrated merrily before finally waking them up. Harry grinned at the three as they finally came to.

"We win."

The nine of them cheered in ecstasy, while Moody and Kingsley looked at Dumbledore in astonishment.

"Unbelievable," Kingsley stammered. "Dumbledore, Potter actually got you?"

The old man smiled and shook his head. "No Kingsley, I am afraid not. Harry nearly did get the better of me, but I got him in the end. No, it was Mr. Weasley who got the final shot in."

Mad-Eye's jaw dropped and Kingsley looked at Ron in awe. "Unbelievable…" He stammered again.

Dumbledore spoke. "But yet, he could have not done so without the aid of young Miss Granger here, who also saw it through to the end of the battle." Hermione beamed in pride. "And yet, she may have never gotten the chance to distract me if Harry here hadn't wrapped me up in his basilisk form."

The two aurors gasped. "Don't worry, I kept my eyes closed." Harry said reassuringly.

Ron spoke up. "Hey, I may have gotten the final blow in, but we would have never even made it to Dumbledore without Harry's Disillusionment and Sound Blender spells. They let us sneak up on Kingsley and Moody, then Harry revealed Dumbledore from his invisibility thing, and the rest was well, you know, they told you." He paused to let it sink in. Harry felt a welling of pride build up for his best friend. Ron could have taken all the credit for himself, but he decided to spread the wealth.

"I do have a question though," He said, looking at Dumbledore. "How the bloody hell did you conjure up that shield? It was brilliant!"

Dumbledore smiled softly at them, and said, "All in due time Ronald, now, let us get to work, shall we?"

For the next hour Harry practiced hexes and curses with Hermione and Neville under Moody and Shacklebolt's scrutiny until they were perfect. Tonks and McGonogall had shown up and were working with the others on their animagus training.

Two hours later Parvati and Lavender threw themselves on Harry, hugging him and kissing him on the cheek. Hermione, who knew they meant no harm, giggled at them.

"Oh thank you so much for letting us in your group Harry!" Lavender squealed, hugging him.

"Yeah, if you didn't, we'd have never become animagus!"

Harry laughed at them. "So what kind of animal are you guys?"

They beamed at him. "Unicorns!" They screamed in unison, hugging each other.

"Ooh, they're so pretty!" Parvati squealed.

"Yeah, and their my favorite animal!" Lavender yelped.

Harry smiled at both of them before turning to Dean and Seamus. "So what are you two gonna be?"

Dean puffed his chest out proudly. "I'm gonna be a cheetah!" Harry immediately thought that it was a perfect form for the footballer. A cheetah was fast, intelligent, all perfect characteristics of a footballer.

"How about you Seamus?" Seamus shivered, looking uncomfortable.

"I-well, uh," Harry frowned, what could be so bad.

Seamus bit his lip nervously. "Well, my form is a thestral!" Everyone gasped. "I know, I mean, the animal that embodies death! Who wants a form like that?"

Harry gave Seamus a reassuring pat on the back. "Look on the bright side, a thestral form is dead useful. Very few people will be able to see you, you would be great for espionage and such."

This seemed to cheer him up a little, and Harry bid them all goodbye at the castle gates, he now had to go to Dumbledore's office and create his pensieve.

Chapter 27

Harry made his way to Dumbledore's office, arriving at nearly the same time that the headmaster did. "Tongue Toffees." The man said, and the gargoyle sprang to life, creating a staircase to the headmaster's office above.

Harry silently followed the staircase and the impending oak doors beyond, finally coming to rest in Dumbledore's office, portraits snoozing loudly on the walls, Fawkes purring quietly on his perch in sleep.

Harry saw it on the corner of the desk. A small, simple basin with a silver gleam coming from it. Harry remembered the first time that he had seen the pensieve, in this very office, back in his fourth year. Then he had seen a stream of court scenes that were memories of Dumbledore. Today he would be feeding his own memories to the pool of shimmering silver light.

Without a word, instinctively knowing what to do, Harry pulled out his wand and touched it to his temple, remembering back to that fateful night in the shrieking shack.

It started when he came in with Hermione…Ron slumped to the ground in a corner, and there, at the far end of the room, was Sirius Black, the murderer. But then events of the past and present had come to light…Remus had come in…then they discovered the truth about Scabbers…Snape almost ruined it all, then he was knocked out…next Peter was sprouting up from the ground…finally it showed Wormtail's escape.

Harry removed his wand and placed the memory into the pool, swirling it in with the silvery mixture. Then he placed the wand to his head yet again.

It was the end of fourth year, he and Cedric were arguing over who should take the cup…they were in the graveyard, Wormtail running towards the…Cedric was laying on the ground, spread eagled, dead…Harry was tied to the gravestone by Wormtail…the potion was brewed…Voldemort was revived…Riddle taunted Harry, then gave him his wand, and prepared to duel…they dueled…Harry through off the Imperious Curse…the wands connected…the ghostly echo's of Cedric and Bertha, and the muggle Frank Bryce, and then his parents emerged from the wand…he was running, running for the triwizard cup and Cedric's body…he accio'd the cup, and was whisked back to Hogwarts…

Once again Harry removed the wand and placed the memory in the pensieve. He nodded to Dumbledore to say that he was alright and then continued.

He was in the Department of Mysteries, they were searching for Sirius…they finally realized that Sirius wasn't there…Harry picked up the prophecy…the death eaters came…they talked, threatened Ginny…Harry pulled Hermione forward, subconsciously protecting her…they were running through the rooms, dueling the death eaters…Hermione was knocked out by Dolohov…Ron had the brain wrap around him…Ginny was stunned in the face…Luna was hurled across the room, knocked unconscious…Neville was stabbing MacNair in the eye…Harry was cornered…Neville was put under the cruciatus curse…the order came in…Harry ran from the scene, blasting Lucius Malfoy in the process…the prophecy was broken…Dumbledore arrived…Sirius was killed by Lestrange…Harry ran after Bellatrix in a fury…Harry was using the cruciatus on Bellatrix, she screamed and fell back…Voldemort appeared…Dumbledore saved Harry again…Harry was possessed…Voldemort grabbed Bellatrix and ran…

Harry gasped and sat down quickly, exhausted and afraid. He looked at Dumbledore in horror. "There's things, things that…I don't…can't…no one can see…"

Dumbledore frowned at Harry, giving him a slab of chocolate. He turned to the pensieve and stirred it, peering in, trying to see what had upset Harry so much.

After a few moments, Dumbledore pulled away from the pensieve and sat next to Harry. "I see…"

"P-Professor…I-I'm s-sorry. It was just…I just…"

Dumbledore gave Harry a penetrating stare. "You know that the use of an unforgivable curse on another human being is punishable by a life sentence in Azkaban?"

Harry nodded sadly. Dumbledore sighed. "With Arthur as Minister, I believe we can overlook this incident as a temporary breach of insanity, coupled with the fact that you were dueling a known powerful death eater that you had just watched murder your godfather in order to save your own life. Do not fret Harry," He said calmly, watching Harry twitch in his seat repeatedly. "You will face no punishment for this, but if you want to save Sirius, and have it known that he has died a hero as well, you must allow everyone to see this entire pensieve, we cannot pull thousands of people out of it all at once."

Harry gave him a small nod. "I understand." He looked up at his mentor, the old man's eyes looking off into space, as if searching for a memory. A sudden thought came to Harry.

"Sir, have you ever used an Unforgivable Curse?"

Dumbledore's eyes found Harry's, and that was all the answer he needed. Yes, Dumbledore had used one before, the killing curse. Harry could almost see the event, Dumbledore and Grindelwald dueling in the midst of Germany. They attacked ferociously, Grindelwald sending unforgivables every which way, trying to catch the much younger and swifter Dumbledore off guard.

"Crucio!" Grindelwald screamed, hurling the hex at Dumbledore. With a wave of his wand Albus conjured a silver shield that deflected the attack.

"Frontanum!" Dumbledore countered, and the spell gave the dark lord a hard, invisible push backwards.

"Is that all you've got Dumbledore? The prodigal muggle lover cannot even use a simple Unforgivable Curse? You are weak Albus, to weak. I alone have the power to rule over both the muggle and wizarding worlds! Avada Kedavra!"

Once again Albus merely waved his wand and immediately turned a near by statue to life, throwing itself in front of the killing curse and deflecting it away from the wizard.

"I will not deny that you are intelligent, Adolf, starting your racism within the muggle community first before transcending the bridge to the magical world, and after which you had conquered our world, you would have betrayed your loyal muggle followers, bending the entire world to your will." Albus shook his head. "I cannot allow you to do that?"

The dark lord laughed. "You'll have to kill me first! And you can't do that can you? You are doomed, Albus. Your nobility is your weakness."

Dumbledore saw his opening and took it. "And your overconfidence is yours! Avada Kedavra!"

A green jet of light shot from Dumbledore's wand, covering the distance between Grindelwald and himself in a heartbeat. The man did not even have time to be surprised before he was slumped on the ground, dead.

"Adolf, I am sorry, truly sorry. Your greed and spitefulness have driven you too far. From both the muggle and wizarding worlds you are vanquished. Incendio!"

The robes Grindelwald were wearing caught fire, as did the flesh of the dead man. Albus watched sadly as the man burnt to a crisp in a small fire in front of him.

Suddenly, two German guards came upon Albus and the burning heap that had been their commander. "Obliviate!" Albus roared, rendering the muggles' minds.

He spoke sadly. "You will tell your men, and the Americans when they come, that your leader murdered his wife, then took his own life. You two set the body on fire before the Americans could take it away and revel in their pride. That is what happened here."

And with a whisk of his cloak, Albus Dumbledore was gone.

Harry sat back hard in his chair, sweat trickling down his forehead, aches in all his muscles, but most noticeably he had a searing headache.

"Hitler?" Harry asked incredulously. "Grindelwald was Hitler? How many people knew?"

The old man smiled and shook his head sadly. "Your legilmency seems to be progressing rather well Harry. Yes, Grindelwald and Hitler were one in the same. But I, and now you, are the only two that know of this grand secret."

Harry gaped at him as he continued. "There was a war raging in the muggle world as well as in our own. I began to put the pieces together after the first two years of attacks in the muggle world. I seemed to be the only one that had even noticed the other war, no wizard or witch seemed to care of anything other than the war that was currently looking in our face."

He shook his head again. "I confronted him in the muggle world, confirmed to myself that they were the same person. I could not allow the onslaught of the wars continue. I finally confronted the man in Germany, and you know the rest from there."

"I'm assuming you don't want me too tell anyone else, right?"

Dumbledore shook his head. "No, I have carried this secret for to long. You may tell the Victors, Harry, but no one else. It will be nice to finally share this information with more than just myself."

Harry wasn't surprised that Dumbledore had found out about the Victor's, after all there was the whole duel that had only ended a few short hours ago.

"Is that all sir?"

"Yes Harry, and please, do call me Albus."

Harry smiled. "Right. Goodnight Albus."

"Goodnight Harry."

Harry left the room and made his way back to Gryffindor tower, thinking about the next day. They would leave at night, he supposed, just in time for the nine o'clock showing of Harry's pensieve at Diagon Alley.

They had decided to use Diagon Alley as the place to show the pensieve because it was the best place they could think of to gather a large group of people. Hermione had written Rita Skeeter a few days earlier, telling her to meet them at the pensieve showing for an exclusive interview with Harry.

Although Harry knew that Skeeter would ask some unfair questions, he knew that with Hermione at his side he could handle anything. They would announce that they were actively engaged in a serious relationship, but nothing more.

Harry grinned when he though of the word 'engaged'. In just a few weeks he was sure that Hermione and him would be engaged to be married. Today was September the ninth, and Hermione's birthday was on the nineteenth. He would take her out for a romantic night in Hogsmeade, then propose to her in a way that no one would expect.

Before he knew it Harry was standing at the portrait entrance to Gryffindor Tower. "Papercut." He muttered and the fat lady's portrait opened without a word, giving him access to the Gryffindor common room where Hermione was waiting up for him.

"Hey there," She said, smiling at him from over her book on the couch. Harry smiled and walked over to her. He sat down next to her and threw an arm around her shoulders, hugging her close.

"So what are you reading?"

"It's called 'Where the Red Fern Grows'. it's a muggle novel about a boy who wants to hunting dogs so he works for an entire year to save up the money. Then he finally gets him and trains them, and the book is about their adventures."

He smiled, kissing her cheek. "How does it end?"

She rolled her eyes at him. "Well I haven't finished it yet you dolt!"

Harry grinned at her. "Sorry, how was I supposed to know that you have never read it before? You must've read 'Hogwarts, A History' about fifty times by now."

She smirked at him. "Thirty-two, to be exact."

Harry laughed and threw his head back against the couch. "Oh Scarlet, what will I ever do with you?"

"Well I dunno," She said, laying her book down and smiling at him seductively. "What do you want to do to me?"

Harry leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips. "This," He moved to her cheek. "And this," He moved further down to kiss her neck. "And this," He moved to the hollow of her throat, smiling at the slight moan that escaped her throat.

"Psst, Dean! Get Colin! They're gonna shag! We can send the pictures to PlayWizard for millions!" Hissed a voice from the stairs. Harry and Hermione broke apart to glare at Seamus, who was smirking at them from the stairs.

"Oh drat, I guess we were found out." Dean said, snapping his fingers.

"Well now, what's going on here?" Came a new, sweet voice from the portrait hole.

"Ginny!" Jumping from the couch to run and embrace her best female friend. "When did you get out of the hospital wing?"

Ginny returned her hug enthusiastically and replied, "Just now. I woke up a few hours ago, and Pomfrey just let me out now. So what have I missed?"

Dean came down the stairs and gave her a good hug, kissing her on the cheek. "You missed your brother stun Dumbledore in training today, that was pretty cool."

Ginny's jaw dropped. "I don't know what's more surprising. Ron stunning Dumbledore or the fact that you even know about the training." She grinned for a second. "Never mind, no contest. Ron stunning Dumbledore for sure!"

They all laughed before Ginny became serious again. "So how much exactly did I miss if Dean now knows about our training?" She crossed her arms determinedly.

Hermione sighed and tugged Ginny by the arm. "We'll tell you everything in bed. Come on, you can use one of the extra's in our dorm. Goodnight Harry," She pulled him close and kissed him passionately on the lips.

They were both grinning madly as they pulled away. "Goodnight Hermione," And he pulled her in for a similar kiss, this time it lasting much longer. When they pulled apart Seamus and Dean were smirking at them while Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Come on, let's get to bed." Harry said, walking up the stairs.

"What Harry, no kiss for me?" Seamus asked, his voice rich in his homeland accent.

Harry laughed and went to his room, rolling his eyes at the lip-smacking sounds that Dean and Seamus were making behind him.

*****

A/N: Okay, I know the Hitler thing was stupid, but it was all I could come up with, after all, Grindelwald was defeated around the same time as WWII ended, so…

Preview: A night of surprises for the wizarding world. How will they take it? Will they believe Harry? And also, a late night dinner study session for Harry and Hermione. Will they discover anything new?

Cheers!