Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Power Within by MisCard
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Power Within

MisCard

Here it is-the honeymoon! I know that Ron's parents seem OOC in this chapter, but that's just the way I see them reacting to this situation. I hope you enjoy the chapter!

Immediately after the ceremony, lunch was served per normal. The only difference was the setting in the hall and the fact that Harry, Hermione, everyone in the wedding party and her parents were invited to sit at the head table to eat. The normal house tables had replaced the individual chairs so everyone could sit in their normal house seats. The slytherins had come back down for lunch and sat grumbling through the entire meal. As soon as they finished eating they immediately went back to slytherin house. A few people made their way up to talk to Harry and Hermione; one such couple being Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. They didn't seem too thrilled with the occasion or the fact they were brought there under false pretenses. Of course they put on happy faces and gave their congratulations, but it didn't really seem genuine. As soon as everyone was finished eating, Dumbledore asked them all to stand and with a wave of his hands transformed the Hall again. There were balloons, streamers and little fairies flying around dropping confetti on everyone. The floor turned into a wooden dance floor and music started playing from the wizarding wireless.

"So was today everything you hoped for when you dreamed of getting married one day?" asked Harry while dancing with Hermione.

"No; I was never the girl that dreamed of fairy tale weddings and happily ever after. I was the girl who thought I wasn't pretty enough for any boy to be interested in" Hermione replied not quite meeting his eyes.

Harry placed a quick kiss on the tip of her nose and rested his forehead on hers. "I wish you could look through my eyes and see yourself from my point of view. Then you would see how beautiful you really are Hermione. But I didn't fall in love with your outer beauty. I fell in love with what's inside of you; your intellect, your honesty, your loyalty and how you gave your heart so freely. You knew who I was on our first train ride to Hogwarts, but you treated me like everyone else. You got to know the real me, you love me for me and that's why I fell in love with you."

By this time Hermione had tears running down her face. She had no words to express how much she loved Harry in that instant, so she kissed him and put every ounce of feeling into it. When they pulled away gasping for breath, they continued to hold each other close and dance away the afternoon. A huge wedding cake appeared during the celebration and the couple had fed each other a piece as was tradition. Then four more cakes appeared and were served out to everyone there. Everyone stayed in the Hall the entire afternoon, dancing and talking to one another. The party went on until dinner rolled around and then the tables appeared once again. After everyone had ate their fill the Great Hall finally emptied out for the first time since breakfast. Hermione's parents had decided to stay until the following day and went to say their good nights to them. After hugging and congratulating them once again, they made their way back to their room. Remus said his goodbyes as well, saying he had some Order business he had to attend to. Ron walked up with Lavender on his arm, looking very cozy. They told the couple goodnight as well along with Ginny and went back to Gryffindor tower.

Dumbledore walked up to the happy couple smiling and said "Did you enjoy your special day?"

"Yes Headmaster, thank you for all your help" said Hermione smiling at him warmly.

"We wouldn't change a thing Sir" said Harry gratefully.

"Well, then I guess all that's left is for me to give you my gift" said Dumbledore. He laughed when he saw the looks on their faces.

"But Sir, you've already given us our wedding" said Hermione.

Smiling secretly, Dumbledore said "if you will follow me I will show you your gift." They followed him up the staircase a few floors and found themselves in front of a white door. "I believe you will find everything you will need tonight in this room. We didn't get your quarters ready yet, that will be ready tomorrow night. For tonight, you may stay here." He gestured to the door and swept down the hall, bidding them good night. Harry looked at Hermione with a confused face and opened the door. They both gasped at the room that lay before them. It was set up much the same as the Gryffindor common room with a sofa, couch and roaring fire. The only difference was there was a king sized bed with a beautiful canopy over it. The walls were a very light blue color and the ceiling was reflecting the night sky. There was a small table in the corner that had bottles of butterbeer and what looked to be a pile of sweets from Fred and George's shop. The same music they were listening to downstairs was now playing on a small radio on the table also. When Hermione went to enter the room, Harry's hand shot out to stop her.

"What are you doing Harry?" she asked confused.

"I may not have seen many movies, but I've seen enough to know that I'm supposed to carry you over the threshold" he said smiling. He bent down putting one arm under her knees while the other supported her back. He picked her up and she wrapped her arms around his neck. They walked into the room laughing, both wondering just what the night would bring.

Once inside, Harry put Hermione down carefully and closed the door. He walked over to the table and took off his robes, leaving his black dress pants and white shirt on. They both stood there for a moment just looking at each other until Harry asked "why does this feel so weird all of a sudden?"

"I don't know; you'd think after everything we've been through and done lately we'd be really comfortable with each other!" she teased.

Harry walked over to her and bent to give her a kiss. They continued to explore each other's mouth, their passion growing with each passing minute. Harry couldn't get over the fact that she was his; he always figured he would be alone all his life. He wrapped his arms around her waist and they started swaying back and forth to the music while continuing their kiss. When the song finished, the announcer came on and said "and now for a special request that was just anonymously owled in to us. We were asked to play a special song for a very special couple on their big day. So here it is: I Live My Life For You by the wizard band Firehouse.

Harry and Hermione pulled apart and looked at each other, surprised. When the music started, they started swaying to the rhythm and listened to the song they knew someone had requested for them.

"You know you're everything to me
And I could never see, the two of us apart And you know I give myself to you
And no matter what you do, I promise you my heart

I've built my world around you and I want you to know I need you, like I've never needed anyone before

I live my life for you
I want to be by your side in everything that you do And if there's only one thing you can believe is true I live my life for you

I dedicate my life to you
You know that I would die for you
But our love would last forever
And I will always be with you
And there is nothing we can't do
As long as we're together

I just can't live without you, and I want you to know I need you like I've never needed anyone before

I live my life for you
I want to be by your side in everything that you do And if there's only one thing you can believe is true I live my life for you"*

They continued to dance, and Harry captured Hermione's lips once more. He worked his way down her jaw and randomly placed kisses on her neck and shoulders. He reached around the back and started working on the row of buttons that was keeping her dress on. When it finally proved too hard a task, he stopped his ministrations and walked around to the back of the dress. He started unbuttoning the buttons one by one, and after each one was opened, he placed a kiss on the newly revealed skin on her back. When it was finally unbuttoned all the way, he took hold of the shoulder straps and slowly slid them down her arms. At the feel of the lacy sleeves being pushed down and his hands trailing after them, Hermione shivered in anticipation. He slowly peeled the dress completely off, and saw that underneath she had on a lacy white strapless corset that had eye hooks all the way down the front. It also had garters with white lace stockings attached and a thong underneath. She looked so stunning that Harry could hardly breath. He'd never been so turned on in his life! That little outfit combined with her heels and long, curly hair flowing down her back had him hot. His hands roamed over every inch of exposed skin as he walked around to face Hermione, and he saw the slight blush on her cheeks.

She reached out and started unbuttoning Harry's shirt slowly. She slid the shirt off, and then focused her attention on his pants. He kicked off his shoes as she unbuttoned and unzipped them, letting them drop to the floor. He stepped out of them and stood in only a black pair of boxers that had snitches on them. Hermione smiled when she saw them, and stepped closer to him. He reached up and carefully took the wreath of flowers off of her head. He placed it carefully on the table and turned his attentions back to the corset she had on. He started undoing the hooks and soon that was discarded on the floor with the rest of their clothes.

He stepped back and looked at her, amazed at how beautiful she was. She was standing there in only a thong and stockings, and he felt himself become painfully hard. Her breasts were fuller now, he figured because of the pregnancy. He stepped closer to her, running his hands down her sides and grabbing her hips, pulling her flush against him. He wrapped his arms around her, marveling at the feel of her skin, and bent down to kiss her. He placed his lips, slightly open, on hers for a few moments. When he couldn't stand not tasting her, he took her bottom lip between his teeth gently and sucked on it. He heard a guttural moan from Hermione, and lost control. He squeezed her to him so that her breasts were flattened against his chest. He stopped his ministrations on her bottom lip and covered her mouth with his, plunging his tongue in and exploring every inch. Soon he felt her tongue warring with his almost as frantically, and he could feel her shivering. Her skin was so hot under his hands, and when he pulled back he saw her hooded, glazed eyes and swollen lips. He scooped her up in his arms and carried her to the bed, lying her down while laying gently on top of her.

He kissed her lips, and then started to make his way down her neck, biting, nibbling and sucking gently. He loved the sounds she made, and how he could feel her throat vibrate with every moan. He kissed her shoulder and collarbone, then made his way to her right breast. Her nipple was hard as he took it into his mouth. Swirling his tongue around it and sucking, he reached his hand down and slipped it between her legs. He could feel the wetness there already, and pushed the fabric aside. Plunging his finger in while still suckling her breast, he started to work his finger in and out of her. Her body arched up so much that he had to move to keep doing what he was doing. She was panting now as he moved to her left breast, repeating what he had done to the other one. He used his thumb on the hand between her legs to message her nub, and she cried out his name. Trying to keep control of himself, he worked his fingers faster and sucked harder. Suddenly she grabbed the blanket in both hands, arched off of the bed again and almost screamed his name again. He could feel the walls around his finger tighten, and a shudder traveled over her whole body. She stayed tensed for a moment, and then he could feel her body start to relax.

He looked up at her face to see her laying there with her eyes closed. She was still breathing rather heavily, but she was slowly getting it under control. When she opened her eyes and looked at him, he was surprised to see an almost feral look in her eyes. She reached up and put her hands on either side of his face. Drawing it up to hers, she kissed him softly. She pulled back and placed the palms of her hands on his chest. Pushing him back onto the bed, he looked up to see her straddling him. She bent down, kissing and sucking his neck. She placed kisses on his collarbone and made her way to one of his nipples. As she lightly grazed it with her teeth, he sucked in a breath at the jolt of pleasure and pain that ran through his body. She did the same to the other one and kissed her way down to his belly button. Continuing down, she slid his boxers off and reached her hand down, wrapping her hand around his hard length. He moaned as her mouth followed the path her hand took, slowly taking him in her mouth a little at a time. When she had made her way down as far as she could go, she just as slowly made her way back up. She was killing him and he didn't know how much longer he could hold back. After a couple of times, he reached down and ran a hand through her hair. "Please stop or else I'll be finished before we start."

She gave him a small smile and moved so that she was positioned above him. Bracing her hands on his shoulders, she slowly slid down his length until he was buried in her. She sat still for a minute with her eyes closed and a look of pure bliss on her face. She lifted herself up until he was almost out of her, and then went back down again. She started out at a leisurely pace and continued to go faster and faster. Soon she was riding him fast and hard, her head thrown back and her body arched. Harry's hands came up to grip her hips and unable to hold back any longer, slammed into her one last time, feeling his release. She continued her ride and he felt her starting to tighten around him, her body trembling. She cried his name once again, and collapsed onto his chest. They lay there like that for a while as they both tried to catch their breath. Soon she picked her head up off of his chest and placed a lingering kiss on his lips. He cupped her cheek in his hand and rubbed his thumb along her lips. She kissed his thumb and he felt a wave of contentment wash over him.

They pulled apart from each other reluctantly and made their way under the covers. While she snuggled into his chest, he wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head. "I think today was the best day of my life" she whispered. He smiled to himself and said "me too." They soon fell asleep, wrapped in each others arms and mumbling 'I love you' to each other. Throughout the night, one of them would wake the other for another round of lovemaking until finally in the early hours of dawn they both fell into a deep sleep, thoroughly exhausted.

That same night, a rat went scurrying through the forbidden forest, trying to make his way back to his Master's lair. He couldn't wait to tell him the news; Potter and his mudblood were married! This would give his Master a sure-fire way to lure Potter into his hands, and he was sure to be rewarded greatly! Running under the tree stump and down into his secret passageway, Wormtail finally reached the hideout and transformed himself back into human form when he reached the door. After entering, he made his way up to the room his Master always stayed in and knocked on the door.

"Enter" said a chilling voice from the other side.

After slowly opening the door and walking in, bowed low he approached Lord Voldemort and said "M-m-master, I-I have g-great news f-for y-you!"

After waiting for him to continue, Voldemort yelled "WELL! What is it you came to tell me?!"

"S-s-sir, I h-have j-just come f-from Hogwarts s-sir, and I j-just..."

"SPIT IT OUT!" yelled Voldemort, standing and towering above the shuddering mass that was Wormtail.

"P-Potter and the-the mudblood h-have married!" said Wormtail, finally spilling his news.

"What? They were married? Today?" asked Voldemort, now intrigued.

"Yes, yes s-sir. I-I was s-sneaking around out-outside when I-I heard some s-students talking ab-about it." wormtail replied.

"Well, I can't believe Dumbledore would allow that!" said Voldemort with a hint of disbelief in his tone. Suddenly, the door to the room burst open and Lucius Malfoy ran in. "How DARE you barge in here like that!" Voldemort shouted at Malfoy.

"I'm sorry Master" said Malfoy, bowing in front of him "but I've just received urgent news from my son at Hogwarts. It's seems Potter and the mudblood Granger have married!"

"Yes, I already know that. Wormtail just brought me the news" said Voldemort "now we just have to figure out what Dumbledore is up to. There has to be a reason this happened today. Wormtail, go back to Hogwarts and see what else you can find out. I will need to think about what to do with this information."

"Master, we can use the mudblood as a way to lure Potter to his death. We'll not only kill him, but her too!" said Malfoy.

"Yes, well what if that's what the old fool wants us to do? No, there has to be a reason they were married today; there will be a great reward for anyone who brings me the reason!" said Voldemort, looking at Malfoy.

"Yes, Master. I will tell Draco to find out all he can" Lucius said while bowing and leaving the room.

"What are you up to Dumbledore?" Voldemort asked, to no one in particular as he sat back down in his chair again and Nagini came to lie at his feet.

The day after their wedding, Harry and Hermione woke up sated and happy. Dobby appeared in their room around noon with lunch so they wouldn't have to go to the Great Hall to eat. "Dobby is to be telling Harry Potter Sir that Headmaster wants to see him today" said Dobby after setting the food on the table.

"Thank-you Dobby" said Harry "will you tell him we will be there as soon as we've eaten and dressed for the day?"

"Yes Sir!" said Dobby and disappeared.

After eating their lunch, they went to see Dumbledore in his office. Dumbledore told them that their room was ready and all their stuff had already been transferred into it. The three of them went to the Gryffindor common room, and were surprised to see a new painting off to the side. The painting of Sir Cadogan had been hung on one of the bare walls, and Dumbledore gestured towards it.

"This is the entry to your room. What would you like as the password?" Dumbledore asked.

"How about snuffles?" asked Hermione quietly. "Would that be ok with you Harry?"

Harry gave a sad smile and said "that would be fine with me."

"Ok then, Sir Cadogan, please set 'snuffles' as the password" Dumbledore said, and the sentry nodded in understanding. The portrait hole opened and the three of them ventured in to see the Potters new room. It was just like the dormitories with maroon and gold colors, but with only one big bed for the two of them. There were two writing desks and a small fireplace set into one wall with a couch in front of it. They also had their own private bathroom which both was glad of. "Now, you will have the same room next year also. We will just expand it a little to make room for the baby."

"Thank-you Professor Dumbledore. We appreciate everything you've done for us and for being so understanding" said Hermione, smiling happily at him.

"Yes, thank-you Sir, for everything" said Harry gratefully.

"I'm glad I could help. Just take care of yourselves, we still have a long school year ahead of us" said Dumbledore. "I will leave the two of you to get acquainted with your new living quarters" he said and walked out of the room.

"Well, I guess our new life together starts today!" said Hermione smiling at Harry. "Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be" he said, then walked over and gave her a kiss.

After that day, life for Harry and Hermione got very hectic. Classes resumed on Monday and the homework seemed to pile up. Professor McGonagall called Harry into her office to tell him that his lifetime quidditch ban had been lifted by the Ministry and that she wanted him to be Captain of the team. Harry was ecstatic, he was afraid he would never get to play quidditch again thanks to Umbridge. The only downside was the amount of time it took away from Hermione and his homework. He had to organize tryouts and practices which thankfully Ron helped with. Their team wasn't the best, but the hard practices they had paid off when they beat Slytherin in their first game. There was a huge party in the Gryffindor common room and someone had brought butterbeer and lots of sweets from WWW. Someone had also turned on the wizarding wireless and music floated through the air, mingling with all the laughter.

Hermione was sitting on the couch with Ginny and Lavender while Lavender caught them up on the latest gossip. While Harry was discussing the finer points of the game with Ron and Dean, he looked over to see that Hermione wasn't really into the conversation. She had seemed really weird today ever since they had woke up this morning. When she looked up and saw him watching her she glared at him, got up and made her way through the portrait hole to their room. He looked at Ginny and Lavender with a questioning look, and they just shrugged back in return. He begged off of the conversation and made his way into their room. Hermione was laying face down on their bed, and he could see her shoulders shaking which meant she was crying. He rushed over and sat on the side of the bed, running his hand over her back.

" 'Mione, what's the matter?" he asked concerned.

"Leave me alone!" she said, her voice muffled by the blanket.

Harry was thoroughly confused. 'Have I done something?' he thought, going over everything they had done the last 24 hours. "Hermione, are you mad at me? Have I done something to upset you?"

"Y-You know what you did!" she said, still crying.

"If I knew what I did, why would I ask?" Harry asked, still confused but now getting angry. He was being accused of doing something and he had no idea what it was.

She lifted her head up off the bed, looked at him and gave him a glare that would have made McGonagall proud. "It makes it even worse that you don't even know what you did!" He looked at her totally helpless and bewildered.

"Love, I have no idea what I've done, but whatever it is I'm sorry" he said, trying to get her to calm down.

"You really don't know?" she asked, not believing him at all. When he shook his head no, she said "last night, when we went to bed? You-you just fell asleep! You didn't even say goodnight to me!" She started crying again and turned away from him.

"What? That's why you're mad at me? Because I didn't say goodnight?" Harry looked at her with an exasperated look on his face. Was she serious? "Hermione, I was exhausted. I had class all day, quidditch practice after that and then had to do all of my homework. I'm surprised I made it to the bed!"

She just stared at him with the meanest expression on her face. Harry was totally at a loss as to what to do. He had never seen her act like this before. Suddenly, she started crying again and launched herself into his arms. Harry slowly put his arms around her, thoroughly confused. He could feel the sobs racking her body, so he just held her and rubbed his hands over her back soothingly.

"I'm so sorry Harry. I-I don't know why I acted like that. It's just...we hardly get to spend any time together anymore." He had to admit that she was right. Since their wedding, they had spent maybe two nights together where they didn't have anything to do.

"I know love, but we knew this was going to be hard. Have you been feeling ok?" Harry asked.

"I feel fine, if you don't count the nausea or the fact that my clothes don't fit me anymore. Or that my emotions seem to go up and down like a roller coaster." As she said this, Harry understood her outburst a little better. "Sometimes when I'm doing my homework, I just blank out. I know that I know the answer, but I can't remember it! I feel like I'm going crazy!" She pulled back from their embrace, and looked at him sheepishly. "I didn't mean to take it out on you Harry. I guess it just hurt my feelings last night, and these darn hormones don't help either."

"I think I understand. Have you talked to Madam Pomfrey about all the things you just told me?" he asked, cupping her right cheek with his hand and rubbing his thumb over it. He just couldn't get over how beautiful she was and how her skin had a certain glow to it now.

She closed her eyes, enjoying the feeling of his touch. "I talked to her about it when I saw her last. She said it was perfectly normal, and could even get worse." When Harry heard this, he got a frightened look on his face. 'It could get worse than this?' he thought to himself, dreading the possibility. "Do you think we could just spend the rest of the night in here together? My nerves are stretched thin, and if I have to hear any more gossip from Lavender I might scream."

Harry looked from her to the door longingly, then looked back at her. Upon seeing the hopeful look on her tear stained face, he sighed and said "sure love, just let me wash up and change."

In a dark, dank room in his hideout, Lord Voldemort sat in his chair doing what he had been doing for some months now. Every night he sat here, trying to figure out what Dumbledore and Potter were up to. So far there was no new news from his spies, and his patience was growing thin. Just as he was contemplating who he could torture to ease his mind, there came an impatient knock on the door.

"Enter" said Voldemort, looking to see who came in. Lucius Malfoy rushed into the room and kneeled in front of his Master, not meeting his eyes. "Have you any news?" Voldemort asked.

"Yes, Master. My son has just sent me a note by owl. He heard two teachers talking in the corridor near Slytherin house; they were talking about Potter and Granger."

"And..." Voldemort growled, getting angry.

"They were speaking of how Granger was being excused from performing magic in her classes" Malfoy said, trying to get to his point.

"She's being excused from class work? But why?" Voldemort interrupted, his curiosity peaked.

"Her magic is being disrupted and is not reliable" said Lucius who then dared to look into his Masters eyes "because she is carrying Potter's child."


**The song in this chapter is from Firehouse. It's called "I Live My Life For You" and it's from the 80's. This is the last of my pre-written chapters, so I don't know when I'll have another update. Hopefully in a couple of days. Thanks for reading, and if you liked it please leave a review and let me know. Even if you didn't like it, tell me what I could change to make it better. Thanks!