Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Secrets of War by Liz21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Secrets of War

Liz21

Ah! The chapter that took forever to update! I am sorry for the delay--my beta has been rather busy lately, and I didn't want to post the chapter full of errors. I hope it was worth the wait, though. Go and enjoy!

~*~

Chapter Ten

It seemed as if time had slowed down. Ginny was aware that she was staring into Luna's face, one of her best friends at Hogwarts, but was frozen from shock. A million questions were pouring into her head. Why was Luna at the ball? Was she really Flint's fiancée? What had happened to her after Ginny was imprisoned?

Ginny began to feel her own legs move towards Luna. "How," was all Ginny could mutter. "How…" And then she felt herself completely break down. She ran the remaining distance and flung herself onto Luna, crushing her into a hug. "Oh, Luna," Ginny cried, aware that there was a new row of tears. "You're alive. I thought you'd-" What had she thought? Once she was imprisoned, the only news she heard of the outside world was Harry's death. She had thought often of all of her friends, and wondered if some were still alive, hiding somewhere, but she always expected the worst. It was, after all, the reality of the war.

Ginny pulled away and stared into Luna's vacant face. "Luna, aren't you excited to see me?" Ginny asked, trying to stop herself from crying. Here she was, a moment ago completely alone in the world, with only Snape on her side, and now Luna was back. Though Luna was never in the Order, she still helped the group out, and did what she could from her position as a reporter for her dad's magazine. She had many sources that knew a few Death Eaters, and through them she was able to find important information, like when and where they were going to attack next. And now, in a mansion full of Death Eaters, Ginny wasn't alone anymore.

Luna blinked at her. "It's hard to say I'm happy when I know why you're here," Luna said, in almost a whisper. "Is it true that you're with Malfoy?"

Ginny hesitated at how Luna phrased the question--she made it sound as if they were a couple. "Didn't you hear? Draco won me as a prize. I've been living with him ever since."

Luna slightly cocked her head. "That's funny," she said, "how you call him by his first name. Flint's been trying with me for a while now, but I just have no spirit left to do it."

Ginny covered her mouth. Had she really been calling Draco by his first name, especially to Luna? "I mean nothing by it," Ginny said quickly. "It's just some thing he ordered me to do-"

"I sense something powerful from him," Luna said. She looked into Ginny's eyes. "I could feel it when Flint was harassing you. Malfoy wasn't just angry. He was possessive."

Ginny wanted to laugh. "That's only because he owns me," Ginny said. "You know how men are about their property-"

"I think he loves you."

This time, Ginny did feel as if her body was frozen. Everything seemed to have slowed down, except for her heart, which was beating rapidly. "That's-" she said, "that's just impossible. Draco hates me."

Luna gave Ginny a smile that broke her heart. "It is better to be loved by the enemy than to be hated."

Ginny watched Luna look away. When she wasn't looking, Ginny glanced down at her left hand, and saw the huge engagement ring on her finger. "Luna," she said slowly, "what happened to you? Why are you with Flint? It just doesn't make sense."

Ginny almost gasped when Luna turned back to her, and she saw tears coming down from her eyes. Through the whole war, never had she seen Luna cry. Never had she seen her spirit break.

"There were…consequences to what he did," Luna said.

There was a knock on the door. "Ginny?" It was Draco's voice. "Are you okay in there?"

Ginny's head whipped to the door. "Um-yes!" Did Draco know Luna was in there with her? Did he even know what Luna was Flint's fiancée? "I'll be out in a minute!"

Luna smiled once more, though she was still crying. "It's nice that he cares about you. You must never take that for granted, Ginny. There are worse things than living with a Death Eater."

Ginny shook her head. "I don't understand," she said. "You're marrying Flint--surely he must have feelings for you."

Luna sighed and rested her hands on her stomach. "The only things he cares for, is what are his."

Ginny wanted to shake her head again, to ask Luna to be clearer, when her eyes darted down to Luna's hand. The dress Luna wore was not fitted like the others, and was quite loose around her stomach. But when Luna pressed her hands against her skin, Ginny noticed that the young woman wasn't as small as she remembered her to be. Luna was always stick-skinny, having no curves, and certainly no stomach, not like the one she seemed to have now. Her stomach was only a slight bump, but the sight of it washed Ginny with cold dread.

And then what Flint said earlier popped into her head. "I got to her friend though."

Ginny's hand went to cover her mouth as she felt her eyes sting with tears. Luna must have known what she was thinking, because she bowed her head in shame. "Oh, Luna," Ginny whispered. "He didn't…he didn't…"

"If he had known I would get pregnant, I don't think he would have touched me," Luna said, staring at her feet. "I was imprisoned, just as you were, but once I arrived I was kept in a private cell just for Flint's…use." She looked up at Ginny. "He said he had always liked my hair in Hogwarts, and wanted to touch it for himself."

Ginny shook her head. "That horrible man," she said. Anger quickly replaced the sadness. "How dare he think he can just…" But Ginny couldn't say what he did, not to Luna. How could she confirm just a horrible fact to the poor girl? She could barely accept the idea of Flint raping Hermione, but it was easier on her, because Ginny knew the girl was dead and would never have to deal with it again. But for Flint to have meant Ginny's other friend, one living and right here in the flesh, Ginny just wanted to tear him to pieces.

"When he found out I was pregnant, he said he wouldn't have his child be a bastard," Luna whispered. She looked off to the side, as if staring at something important. "I'm beginning to wonder what life was worse--being held prisoner in the cell, or being imprisoned to his home and bed." She stopped and squeezed her stomach. "I don't want to bring any child into that kind of world."

"Does anyone else know?" Ginny could hardly imagine Pansy knowing, and being okay with it.

Luna nodded. "Most know," she said. "Word got out when Malfoy brought you back to the Manor. After he did that, more and more Death Eaters were admitting to doing the same thing. Only, none of them care about the women they possess like Malfoy cares about you."

Another knock sounded on the door. Ginny jumped and grabbed her mask. "I'm coming, Draco, settle down." Ginny hastily put the mask on in place, and after making sure it was on properly in the mirror, she turned back to Luna. "I'm sorry, but I have to go," she said. "When can I see you again? Surely Draco would let you come over to the Manor."

Luna smiled at Ginny once more, and each time she did, Ginny wanted to hurt Flint even more. Luna had always been a spirited girl, where nothing could ever bring her down, but now, after learning the truth of her, to Ginny Luna looked like she too had died in the war, just in a different way.

"I fear this may be the last time we ever see each other, Ginny."

Ginny shook her head. No--she had just found Luna. There was no way that she'd never see her again. She wanted to argue, but she knew her time was short. "I'll talk to you through Snape," she said. "You can trust him."

Luna looked as if she wanted to say something, but nodded instead. "Just remember, Ginny," she said as Ginny pushed on the door, "there are worse things than Malfoy loving you."

Ginny stared at the blonde girl, and then at her hands, protecting what she could not protect from Flint. Ginny stared at her until the image was burnt into her brain, and then she left the room.

When she entered the powder room, she found Draco pacing the tiny room. "What are you doing in here?" she asked.

Draco jumped and turned around. "Bloody hell, Weasley," he said as he walked up to her. He grabbed her chin between and pulled her face towards him, examining it. "What happened in there? Were you crying?"

Ginny looked back at the door. Draco must not have seen Luna slip in. She stared at Draco as he looked at her puffy eyes, and her red face. And all she could think of at the moment was how Luna proclaimed that he loved her.

"It's nothing," Ginny said, grasping Draco's hand and pulling it away from her face. "But we should probably get out of here--I don't think Parkinson would appreciate you in a woman's restroom."

And to Ginny's surprise, Draco grinned. "She already saw me in here. She practically flipped her lid."

Ginny wanted to smile too, at the image of Pansy freaking out, but she couldn't stop thinking about Luna. And what Luna said to her about Draco. She stared at Draco, and wondered if he knew the truth about Luna.

"Well, shall we go back to the ball?" Draco asked, his hand gesturing towards the door.

Ginny stared at the door he pointed towards, and then back at the door where Luna was. She slowly nodded, and as Draco led her out of the room, she said her silent goodbyes to her friend.

Ginny was aware of Draco talking as he led her back to the ballroom, but she couldn't make anything out. Her head was swarming--she had just taken in too much information. Should she tell Draco that Flint didn't rape Hermione--that it was Luna? But how would Draco react to knowing that she not only just talked to Luna, Flint's fiancée, but she had her mask off. Ginny knew she could trust Luna, but wouldn't bet money that Draco did.

"I have to make a few more rounds, and than we can dance," Draco whispered into her ear.

Ginny couldn't help it, but blushed at the thought. Her, dance with Draco? The idea seemed ridiculous, but oddly, she wasn't complaining. Instead she said, "Can I just stay here? I don't think I can take any more Weasley comments for the night."

Draco frowned and then looked around. He still didn't have his mask on, and his face showed that he was not happy with her request. "Fine," he said, finally, "but I won't have you be by yourself."

Ginny wanted to ask who she could be with--she couldn't be with Luna, and she knew no one else at the party. Before she could state that, Draco grabbed her arm and pulled her towards on side of the ballroom, where there was a table full of appetizers. Very few people stood over here, all except for one man in a pure black dress robe and mask. In fact, when Ginny got closer, she noticed how the material of the robe seemed to match with the greasiness in the man's hair.

"Oh, bloody hell," she said as she noticed that the man was Snape. She wondered why she hadn't notice him before. Besides standing alone and not socializing with anyone, he stuck out like a sore thumb. Leave it to Snape to have no color other than black on him, and to not even bother washing his hair for a ball.

When they approached Snape, Draco looked around and then said, "I need you to watch her while I go talk to a few people."

Ginny glared at Draco and tore her arm from his grasp. "I don't need a babysitter."

Draco ignored her. "Her name is Rhonda, and she is not to be left alone. Flint and Pansy have already eyed her."

Ginny thought Snape rolled his eyes, but the mask hid it. "Very well, Malfoy," Snape said. "Just don't leave me with her all night; I doubt she'd make good company."

Ginny glared at the older man, but he didn't seem to notice. Draco squeezed her elbow, promising he'd be right back, and to her infuriation, she blushed again, especially with Snape watching. The last time he had seen the two together, he had walked in on them in a very embarrassing situation.

As soon as Draco was out of sight, Ginny turned to Snape. "Did you know that Luna was still alive?" It was out before she could think about if she really could trust Snape or not. But if he said he'd protect her, as the last member of the Order, maybe he could do something for Luna as well.

Snape took a sip from a glass of scotch he was holding. "I shouldn't be surprised that you already found that out," he said. "But yes, I did. I was the one who ran the spell on her to find out if she was pregnant."

The crowd broke and Ginny was able to catch sight of Flint talking to three blonde women, none of them Luna. "How could he?" she asked, staring the man down. "How could he do such a thing and get away with it?"

She heard Snape sigh. "Things have changed. We now live in a world where there is no punishment for wrong-doing. What Flint did was just the same as what every other Death Eater did, and they all got away with it. Miss Lovegood is just lucky that Flint is willing to provide for her and the baby."

Ginny spun onto Snape. "Lucky?" she yelled. "Lucky? Have you seen her? Have you seen the dead look in her eyes? He broke her; she's no longer the friend I once knew. She's more dead than alive because of him."

Snape made no reaction towards Ginny's outburst. "Things may change for her once she has the child." He looked at Ginny. "I'm not saying I approve of the matter; there's just nothing that can be done about it."

Ginny shook her head and glared back at Flint, who looked over and caught her eye. "There has to be something we can do," she said. "I can't just stand by and watch Flint ruin her." She looked back at Snape. "Luna is the last family I have--I can't just do nothing about it."

"How can you help her when you can't even help yourself with Malfoy?" Snape asked before draining his drink.

But Ginny ignored his words. Her situation with Draco was…tolerable. Luna was right--she was lucky to be with Draco, and not with Flint instead. After all the times she felt she suffered in Malfoy Manor, she doubted she could shed another tear, knowing her friend was in a much worse situation.

Ginny eyed the table near them, where she saw a bowl of punch she was hoping was spiked. "I'm getting some punch," she muttered before she walked away from Snape, not waiting for his permission to go.

As she poured herself a glass, she had to concentrate to keep her hand still. She was so mad she was shaking. If it wasn't Flint and Luna, then it was Snape being ignorant of the problem. Snape promised to help Ginny--shouldn't he help Ginny's friends as well? And then there was Draco. What would he say on the whole situation? Would he be willing to do something if she asked? Ginny set down her glass on the table and stared at a cheese spread next to the punch. But what if Snape was right? What if there was nothing anyone could do? What could Ginny do herself to free Luna?

"Why, hello there, Miss Rhonda."

Ginny froze at the voice, and shivers went down her spine at the feeling of Flint right against her back. Ginny could feel his hot breath on the back of her neck, and it made her want to throw up.

Ginny's hands clutched onto the table. "Yes?" she asked.

She felt Flint's hand touch her hip. "I…wanted to apologize about my actions from before. Things got a bit…out of hand."

Ginny's eyes stared at a serrated knife that was on the cheese spread platter. Oh, how she just wanted to grab it and slice him up right then and there. "I'd discourage you from touching me, Flint, what with your fiancée around."

Flint gave a low laugh, and when Ginny was hoping he'd let go, he only dug himself into her. Ginny almost yelped as she felt his erection dig into her back. "She won't be a problem," he said. "But I wanted to show you how sorry I am by giving you at tour of the mansion. I doubt Malfoy had the decency to do it."

Draco--that's who Ginny needed now. Where was he when Flint was rubbing himself into her? Or even Snape--was he watching the whole scene, but sticking to his comment that nothing could be done? But something must be done--something must be done to stop Flint.

Ginny continued to stare at the knife, and before she knew what she was doing it, she carefully grabbed it and slipped it into her left glove. "Yes," she heard herself say, "a tour would be nice." Making sure the knife was secure, she turned around to face Flint, and smiled. "We'll be going alone, right?"

Flint's eyes widened slightly, and then he grinned. "Why, of course," he said, his hand touching Ginny's arm, grazing it slightly with his fingers. "Anything for you, Rhonda."

Ginny nodded and then Flint grabbed her arm and led her out of the room. As they walked away from the table, Ginny glanced back at Snape, but found him talking to Crabbe. Ginny also looked around for Draco, but couldn't see his blond head anywhere. Ginny let out a grin--if she couldn't count on them to do anything about Flint, then she had to do it herself.

Flint led her down the hallway and past the bathroom where she met Luna. He didn't say a word to her until he opened up a door and led her into a room where there was a piano, several couches, and a bar. Nothing fancy, and nothing worth showing, Ginny noted. She was at least thankful there were lights on in the room.

"So," Ginny said, stepping away from Flint to examine a painting on the wall, "where did you meet your fiancée?"

She heard Flint groan; he was nearby. "Must we talk about her?" he asked. Ginny froze when she felt Flint's hand settle on her waist and pull her towards him. "I'd much rather talk about you."

Ginny swallowed the disgust she felt bile up her throat when Flint began to kiss the back of her neck. "Did you know her from school?" she asked instead.

She shook every time she felt his wet lips on her skin. "Sort of," he said finally, between kisses. "She was a few years younger then me. But that's not when I got her."

With Flint busy at her neck, Ginny slowly drew the knife out of her glove. "What do you mean…got her?" she asked as she held the knife in her right hand, and close to her.

Flint let out a deep laugh, close to Ginny's ear. "The traitor had it coming to her," he hissed, then licked her earlobe. "She was practically begging for it."

Rage built up in Ginny, and now it took all of her effort to keep her from shaking. She clutched onto the knife. "Begging for what?"

Flint let out another laugh, and took his hands and grabbed at her waist, digging himself into her back. "My, you sure are clueless, Rhonda. But I like women better that way." When Ginny thought he wasn't going to answer, she felt his lips against her ear once more.

"I made her mine," he whispered, "even if it meant tying her down and fucking her while she screamed."

Ginny turned so quickly that Flint let go in surprise. Before Flint could realize what was going on, Ginny pressed the blade to his neck.

"You disgusting bastard!" Ginny yelled, pressing the knife so hard that the skin it touched grew red from the pressure.

Flint's eyes grew wide. His hand went into his pocket, searching for his wand. "Don't!" Ginny yelled. "If you even try to get out wand, I'll slice your throat without a moment's thought."

Flint hesitated, and then drew his hand out of his pocket without the wand. He held his hand above his head. "Settle down, Rhonda," he said. "Is this some kinky foreplay?"

Ginny pressed onto the knife, drawing a bit of blood and making Flint gasp. "It's only about sex to you, isn't it?" Ginny snapped. "You have no decency for anyone else as long as you're getting off."

Despite being held up by a knife, Flint glared at her. "And what's it to you?" he growled. "Who the hell do you think you are that you can just-"

"If you don't let Luna go, I swear to God I'll kill you," Ginny said.

Flint's eyes rounded once more at the mention of Luna's name. "This is all about that traitor?" he said. Ginny pressed deeper, cutting him off and making him cough.

"Promise me you'll let her go," Ginny said, breathing heavily. "Leave her and her baby alone, and I'll let you live."

And for a moment, Ginny thought he would actually agree. Flint grew still and silent. His eyes were calculating, but he made no resistance. No more disgusting words came out of his mouth; he only stared.

Ginny relaxed her grip on the knife. "Now that we have a deal-"

But before Ginny could finish her sentence, Flint lunged at her. He knocked away her hand that held the knife, only cutting himself barely, and jumped on top of her. Ginny let out a scream as she felt him push her to the ground onto her back, him right on top of her.

"You stupid bitch," he hissed as he bent up and slapped Ginny on the face. Ginny felt as if her face was on fire at the burn, and the blow of it snapped her head onto the ground, leaving it aching.

Flint let out a laugh as he held Ginny down by pressing on her shoulders and straddling her hips. "You think you can hurt me?" he yelled as he ripped at Ginny's dress, tearing it down the front. Ginny felt the air hit her chest and then screamed again as she felt Flint's tongue on her chest. Flint laughed again. "That's right, scream, baby. I like it when they scream. You should have heard the voice on that traitor friend of yours."

Flint grabbed both her hands and held them with one hand above her head. With his other hand, he reached underneath him and pushed up her dress and fumbled with her underwear.

Ginny kicked her legs under him, but he was too strong. She turned her head to the side and saw the knife that was knocked out of her hand near her, but just out of reach.

Flint's eyes darted to the knife, and then quickly grabbed it himself. "Oh, you want to use this, do you?" he asked as he dug himself into her crotch. Ginny let out another cry at feeling him hard against her.

Flint pulled the knife to her face, so close that her eyes widened. "Oh, don't worry my love," he said. "Your face is far too beautiful to ruin. Though, how beautiful I wonder, what if that mask being in the way."

Ginny's heart beat raced. After all he was doing to her, if he took off the mask and found out who she really was, it would all be over. He'd not only rape her, but kill her too.

Ginny shook her head and tried to squirm out from under his body, but he just held on tighter. He set the knife down next to him and winked at her. "I'll be using that later," he said before he used his free hand and reached down for her mask.

Ginny let out another scream before he slipped it off, praying someone would hear her. Tears stung her eyes--where was Draco? She needed him. He would save her; he wouldn't let Flint touch her the way that he was.

All she could think of was Draco, then, as Flint took off her mask and stared at her in shock.

"Weasley?" he finally muttered. His mouth was wide open, and then slowly, he closed it, and his eyes were gleaming. He quickly covered his surprise with a smirk. "This is even better than I thought." His hand grabbed her chin and squeezed painfully. "You don't know how long I've wanted to show you what it was to be a filthy traitor such as yourself," he hissed. "But Malfoy's stupid guards would never let me get to you. That's the only reason why I took your friend Lovegood--she was the next best thing to you."

Ginny tried to shake her head as she cried. No, that couldn't be it--was it her fault that Luna was raped by him? Was it Draco's fault for protecting her? But where was Draco now, when she needed him most.

Flint let go of her face and busied himself with her underwear, tearing it off of her. Ginny screamed so hard that her voice soon grew raw, and her legs grew tired of trying to fight him off. Flint grinned as he pushed back his dress robe. "That's it, baby, just take it. No use in fighting me off, because you'll never win."

A flash of green light erupted in the room, and Flint was thrown off of Ginny. Ginny lay on the ground in shock as she saw Flint hit the wall of the far side of the room, and crumble onto the ground.

"Ginny!" she heard Draco yell, and then suddenly there he was, right next to her. His face was bright red, his eyes wide as he took in her state: her ripped top, the dress bunched up at the bottom, and her red cheek.

"You came," was all Ginny could say, and despite all that happened, she smiled.

Draco grabbed her and picked her up off the ground, cradling her into his chest. He turned to where Ginny could see that Snape was right behind him; both men seemed out of breath.

"We need to get her out of here before Flint comes to," Draco said quickly. "Do you think you can hold off anyone who tries to stop us?"

Snape nodded; his wand was out as well. "Quickly," Snape said as he beckoned Draco out of the room.

As they left the room, Ginny glanced at the knife on the ground and then into Draco's face. "Thank you," was all she said before a she was overcome with weariness, and she fainted.

~*~

When Ginny came to, she was in her bed. Someone must have changed her, because she no longer had her ripped dress on her. She felt her neck and ears, and found the jewelry missing as well. Ginny sighed and snuggled deep into the blankets that were up to her chin. It had been a long night, and too many horrible things had happened.

And now, not only was Luna's secret discovered, but Ginny was discovered as well. She wondered if Flint would tell everyone that a Weasley was at the party, and knowing him he probably would. He might even boast about almost raping her; surely that would have been some sort of a prize to him.

But what worried her most, besides almost getting raped and possibly killed, was what position Draco was in. Flint may not know that it was Draco who attacked him, but all signs pointed to him. Would Draco get in trouble for bringing her to the ball? And then attacking Flint, even though he was only protecting her? Ginny covered her face with her hands. It seemed as if she was responsible for everyone's troubles. She couldn't forget what Flint told her, that because he couldn't rape her, he raped Luna. How much of that was her fault? Should she feel the blame because Luna is in captivity with a baby on the way? How many times had Luna had to go through that horror, all because Ginny was protected by Draco?

And it all led her back to Draco. Luna spoke so softly of him, even thought she knew he was a Death Eater. Luna spoke of love and of not taking it for granted, of how it could be much worse. And after the night's events, Ginny knew that Luna only spoke the truth. To have to deal with someone like Flint, Draco was an angel in comparison, and Ginny was lucky to have him.

Ginny heard a soft knock on her door, and she called, "Come in."

Draco poked his head in before he entered, shutting the door behind him. He was still in his dress robe, his hair was slightly out of place, and he seemed tired. "How are you doing?" he asked, approaching her bed and standing next to it.

Ginny shrugged. "A bit shocked, but that's all," she said. She paused and stared at Draco. Why did it seem that he was always saving her life? And how could he keep on doing it, if she thought he hated her? "How did you know where I was?" she asked.

Draco ran a hand through his hair and sat down on the edge of the bed, not looking at her. "When I came back to where I left you with Snape, and saw you were gone, it just sort of clicked. Who else would drag you out of the room but Flint?" Draco paused and stared at the comforter. "I saw how he was looking at you earlier, and I think you insulting him just turned him on even more."

Ginny pushed back her sheets slightly and sat up. "I thought…I thought if maybe I got him alone, and threatened him, that he would leave Luna alone and-"

"Don't be foolish, Ginny," Draco said, finally looking at her. "Look, I didn't even find out about Lovegood until after all this when Snape told me, and even I knew nothing could be done. Flint's a bastard, but when it comes to women, no one stops him. No one can. You just have to accept it and move on."

Ginny's mouth dropped open. "Move on? Draco, he raped my friend? How can you just expect me to deal with it?"

Draco shook his head. "I don't expect you to. I'm just trying to say that there's nothing you can do about it, so don't do anything stupid again and end up getting yourself in a worse position than Lovegood."

Ginny wanted to fight back, but it occurred to her that this was Draco's way of showing he was worried, or that at least he didn't want to see her in the same situation again. Ginny closed her mouth and studied Draco, from his blond hair to his set, stubborn face. And all that was running through her head was Addion Malfoy's words of love with Draco, and how Luna proclaimed it too. Was she so blind to see that there was something there? That when she thought he hated her, he still had the picture of her on his desk. And why would he come to her rescue when she needed him most? Why would he continue to defend her every time her name even came up?

Draco sighed. "Look, it's late. You should get some sleep." He moved to get off of the bed, but Ginny grabbed his arm and held him back.

She felt her face grow red, and she began to shake out of nerves. "Don't leave," she said.

Draco looked at her, only slightly surprised. "What? Do you want a sleeping potion again?"

Ginny stared at him before slowly shaking her head. "That's not what I want," she said, her voice above a whisper. "I want you to stop lying to me."

Draco's eyebrows burrowed in confusion. "I don't understand. Lie about what?"

Ginny inched closer to him, and saw his eyes dart from her lips to her own eyes. "About how you feel about me," she said.

Ginny noticed his eyes widen, but only for a second. "Ginny, I-" But Ginny didn't give him the chance to respond before she leaned in and kissed him.

It was just a quick kiss, short enough to not give him time to reject her. Ginny pulled back and looked into his clouded eyes. "I want you to show me exactly how you feel about me," she whispered.

She noticed Draco's breathing quicken, but he made no move. He seemed frozen in place as he sat next to her in bed. As time went by, fear set in. What if Ginny had misjudged him? What if he was only doing all of this for her because she was his property, and he wanted to protect what was his? What if Addion and Luna got it all wrong? What if there really was nothing there, and she was as alone as she thought she was?

Ginny leaned back, and was about to apologize, when Draco grabbed her shoulders and pulled her in, pressing his lips against hers, hard. Ginny gasped at his touch, but only for a moment before she feverishly kissed back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him close as he nipped at her bottom lip and then swept his tongue into her mouth. He leaned into her so suddenly that he fell on top of her, with her back onto the bed and him on top of her.

Only the sheets separated them, but Draco continued to kiss her, from her mouth to all the way down her neck, leaving sweet kisses along the way. Ginny's breathing was heavy as Draco stopped and looked up at her.

"Are you sure you want me to show you?" he said before leaning down and kissing her. "Because if I do, I can't stop this time, Ginny. There's just too much to show."

Ginny stared into his gray eyes, and then his slightly bruised lips, and realized all she wanted was them on her. "Yes," she said.

Draco stared down at her before nodding, and bent down to kiss her as he slowly pushed the sheets away from her body.

~*~

Before I get attacked for the evil cliff hangar, I promise chapter eleven soon! I have one more scene to write, then it's whisked off to my beta. I hope to have it up by the beginning of next week. Then I have finals and will be back home for a week or two, but plan on getting some writing done there. Summer shouldn't slow down the updates--if anything it will speed them up!

I hope you enjoyed, and please review!

Liz21