Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Secrets of War by Liz21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Secrets of War

Liz21

Holy wow. Yes, I updated. Yes, it's been forever. So, let's skip the reasons and excuses, and go read what you've all been waiting for! I hope it's been worth the wait. (And it hasn't been edited-I just wanted to get it to you guys.)

~*~

Chapter Thirteen

Draco's bedroom was dark while Ginny sat on his bed, waiting for him to come home. The drapes were shut to keep out the moonlight, the candles were extinguished, and Ginny herself was wearing a black lingerie set. She knew Draco would approve of it, mostly because she found it in her wardrobe, as if waiting for her to put it on and please him. She was beginning to learn just what Draco did expect of her, and what he most desired.

She was surprisingly calm when she heard the front door open from downstairs, and wondered if Draco was allowed to Aparate in and out of the house if it was only on his master's calling. That thought left her, though, when she heard Draco climb the stairs with what sounded like heavy steps, as if the meeting had tired him out, and he could barely make it to his own bed. Though Ginny knew that once Draco found what was waiting for him in his bed, sleep would be the last thing on his mind.

But what she heard Draco do next slightly surprised her, and she almost lost her concentration on the whole matter. Ginny heard Draco stop in the hallway just outside the door, but instead of opening it, he opened the one across from the hall--her bedroom. But Ginny couldn't afford to wonder if he was maybe checking on her to see if she was sleeping well, or if maybe to join her in bed. She just hoped that he would not go looking for her throughout the house when he saw that her bed was empty, because if she had to wait any longer for him, she didn't know what she'd do next.

Relief and nerves hit her at the same time when the bedroom door opened, and a little light poured in from the hallway. It was enough to show Draco's face, and the surprise on it to find his room dark. But Ginny couldn't ignore how his eyes looked either, and couldn't decipher if they were tired or worried.

She watched as Draco drew his wand from his pocket and held it out in front of him. "Ginny?" he called softly before his wand lit the room and a gasp escaped from his mouth at what he saw. Despite him usually keeping his cool, Draco's mouth hung open and his eyes widened slightly while staring at Ginny, who was perched up on her knees, which were slightly spread. A green, see-through robe was hanging off her shoulders, providing little cover up.

A small thrill ran through Ginny's body at the way Draco continued to look at her. Shock was essential to what she wanted to do tonight, and she hoped his only focus would be on her body.

"I've been waiting for you, Draco," Ginny said. And then just to add to it, she fluttered her eyelashes and bit the bottom of her lip.

That did it. Draco dropped his wand to the ground, where it bounced before the light went out. The nervousness that Ginny was suppressing began to creep up with the lack of light. She was aware that Draco was still in the room, and probably still staring even though it was pitch black, but now she couldn't see him either or see what he was about to do. She knew what she wanted to happen next, but what of him?

Just as her eyes began to adjust to the darkness, she was suddenly pushed down onto the mattress, landing on her back with a squeal. Draco was on top of her--even if she couldn't see him, she could distinctly smell his cologne. And if that wasn't enough proof, soon his soft lips were on hers, tugging at her bottom lip before kissing her hard.

Ginny tried to catch her breath as Draco ran his hands to her shoulders where he pushed down her flimsy robe. Her inability to see heightened her other senses, and her skin tingled as Draco ran his fingertips over her bare stomach, and then down to feel the trim of her panties that she knew he so desperately wanted to take off. She was lost in the moment as his hand traveled back up to her chest, where he grasped her breast through the material of her bra.

Ginny dug her hands into his hair and used it to pull Draco's mouth back to her own. Draco hissed at her move, and when she felt him digging into her side, she knew he wanted more of it. He obliged as she shoved her lips into his own and seemed to be content with kissing her for a moment, but then Ginny felt his hands try to snake under her to take off her bra.

"Wait," she managed to spit out between kisses.

Draco's hands stilled, but he his lips continued to move from her mouth to her neck. "What is it?" he asked in a rough voice.

Ginny hesitated as she felt his tongue trim her earlobe. "I-I want to be on top."

She didn't have to ask twice. One moment his lips were on her, and the next Draco grabbed onto her waist and rolled them both over so his back was now on the bed. Ginny sat up and straddled his lap before he could get his hands on her again.

"Can you light a candle? Ginny asked as she dug herself into him. "I want to see your face when you come."

She barely got out the last word when she heard Draco's fingers snap and candles on both end tables lit up, bright enough to light up the bed. She was finally able to see the lust in Draco's face that she felt against him, and knowing what hold she had over him, she bent down and lightly kissed his lips.

"Draco?" she asked softly before she kissed him once more, and then went over to nibble on his ear. "Why am I here?" she whispered.

Draco's body lurched as she blew onto his ear, and when he went to grab at her, Ginny pushed his hand back. "You-you mean in my bed?" he asked, his voice unsteady.

Ginny took a minute to reply as she rotated her hips into a circle, making Draco moan as she felt him throb against her. "You know what I mean," she asked as she moved her hands down to his crotch, where she began to slowly undo his pants. His heavy breathing filled the room. "Why am I here in this house? Why did you take me away from the prison?"

Draco's breathing hesitated for a moment, and no words fell from his lips, but Ginny didn't expect them to. She pushed his pants down and his erection sprung free. Ginny looked up, and making sure her eyes were connected with Draco's, she took him into her hand.

Draco let out a loud groan as his body shook at her touch. Ginny moved her hand up and down his length as she watched his face twist with pleasure. "Will you tell me, Draco?" she asked once more as she increased her pace. "If you give me what I want, I'll give you myself in return."

Draco's erection jumped in her hand, and she saw that he was panting. Sweat began to form on his forehead as he squeezed his eyes in concentration.

"Look at me, Draco."

Draco opened his eyes as Ginny let go of him, but positioned herself over him once more. She pulled her underwear to one side, and put herself right on the tip of Draco, close enough to where she could feel him throb.

"Just tell me and you'll be in me," she said, struggling for control.

Draco's hips jerked up, but Ginny moved away from him. "Ginny," Draco said. "Don't make me beg."

Ginny shook her head. "That's not what I want. I just want the truth, Draco. Just for once, tell me what's really going on."

Draco grabbed for her once more, but she pushed him back. "Ginny-"

Ginny hovered over him. "Tell me." She pushed down lightly on him, so he was barely in her, but enough to let him know what he would get.

"It's because," Draco said between deep breaths, but as he paused, Ginny pushed down a bit farther. "Because," he started again.

Ginny stopped. "Just say it, Draco."

"Because I love you!" he spat out before he grabbed her hips and slammed her down onto him.

Draco's sudden words and action caused Ginny to lose control as she briefly gathered in the feeling of having him inside her. Draco continued to hold onto her hips as he directed her movements on top of him, continually bringing her up slightly before back down again. And for a moment she almost gave into the sensations running through her body, of the feeling of his hands gripping onto her, as if he couldn't let go. But then his words finally hit her, and a feeling of anger built up in her that she hadn't felt since the first night he brought her to Malfoy Manor, to the ultimate prison of her life.

"Don't you dare say those words to me," Ginny hissed, and before Draco could make another move, she grabbed her wand hidden in the back of her bra, quickly stood up, and yelled, "Incarcerous!"

Rope shot out from her wand and wrapped around Draco's body, binding his arms down and his legs together. Ginny's eyes tried to keep focus on her work, but saw that Draco's face was quickly turning from shock, to confusion, to anger. Her face was set, though, as she finished her work with tying the last rope around his mouth, permitting him from speaking.

Ginny's body shook as she tried to speak "How dare you say those words to me," she said in a low hiss. "How dare you say something like that as if it actually means something, as if we actually mean something."

Draco tried to open his mouth, but the rope held it shut, but it didn't permit the muffled sound of his voice.

Ginny turned her wand to his face. An anger she hadn't felt in a long time built up in her. It was on a different level then she had of Voldemort who killed all those she loved, and of the Death Eaters that had tortured those that were still alive. It was beyond years of hatred of the name of Malfoy itself. It was that someone so evil, so despicable as the man lying in front of her, could even try to reach her in a place that only loved ones have been before. To have words like that come out of Draco's mouth made everything right in the world seem wrong. For Draco to think that he had the right to say that to her made her want to hurt him as much as he hurt her.

With the flick of her wrist, the ropes tightened around Draco, making his eyes bulge slightly at the pain. But Ginny didn't even blink in his response. She had never considered herself the best person, but she knew what she was feeling right now was nowhere close to who she was. For a moment, she almost felt like she was in Draco's place, the one with the power, and Draco was her, the one who was tied up and under control. But still, Draco fought the ropes, and tried to speak.

"I said be quiet!" Ginny yelled, sparks firing out of her wand into Draco's face. Her shoulders heaved, and to her anger, tears started to come to her eyes. "There's absolutely nothing you can say now to get you out of this. There are no words, no matter how sly, no matter how sneaky you think you are. I know all about your secret!"

Those words caused Draco to become still. She knew she finally had his attention when the anger left his face and it was filled with a tiny remorse of fear, but it was nowhere near to the amount she still felt. But despite how she felt, she couldn't stop the words from coming out of her mouth.

"It's not love you feel," Ginny said. "It's no where near that. I know about you're obsession with me. I saw the picture of me on your desk-the one from Hogwarts. How long has it been, Draco?" And as she spoke, she released the ropes from around his mouth, permitting him to speak.

But he didn't. Draco didn't defend himself, come up with excuses, or even move. But just because he wouldn't cooperate, didn't mean she was giving up. With her eyes on him, Ginny took a few steps back until her legs hit the chair, and she reached under the cushion. When her hand reappeared with a bottle in it, this time she was certain she saw fear in Draco's face.

Draco finally opened his mouth. "Where did you-"

"Get this bottle of Versatiem?" Ginny interrupted. "From the only person I fear I have left to trust in this world." Ginny stepped back up to the bed and unscrewed the cap, and with Draco immobile, poured a few drops into his mouth.

Ginny had seen a person on Versaitem before. A change comes over them when they lose all control of what to say, but Draco's face seemed alert. His eyes were slightly dazed, but he still had the Draco scowl of if he knew exactly what was about to happen, whether he wanted it to or not.

"How long has it been, Draco?" Ginny asked. "For how long have you wanted me?"

Ginny watched as Draco tried to fight the affects of the potion as his face tensed, and his voice hesitated, but still an answer came out. "Since we were at Hogwarts," Draco said.

A chill came over her body, though she didn't know why. She had figured out as much, or at least assumed, but to hear it from his lips made it that much more real. "And is that my reason for being here? Did you bring me here not out of hate, but out of your obession?"

Once again Draco hesitated, but then whispered, "Yes."

Ginny's heart began to race. "How long did you plan on me being here as a prisoner?"

This time, Draco looked directly into her eyes. "Since the night your family was murdered."

Ginny's wand shook with anger as she listened to him state so simply how is plans aligned with her family's death. For a moment, she truly wanted to make him suffer She wanted to use the curses that she knew he had used on others. She wanted to show him an ounce of what her family had gone through before they were murdered. But she was running out of time, and she wasn't done yet.

"And what of Harry?" she asked, her voice trembling slightly "I know how much you hated him, everyone did. But maybe you hated him even more because he had me, and you couldn't. And … and if you say that you planned to have me here when my family died, and the few people I had left that would stop you from taking me was Harry…" Ginny took a deep breath. "Were you responsible for Harry's death?"

"Only through his death could you be mine forever," Draco said, almost in a whisper.

A sob escaped Ginny's mouth, but she refused to cry in front of him. She had done enough of that. "You bastard," Ginny hissed. Everything that she thought at one point, that she tried to reason with, was all hitting her at once, and it was beyond a slap in the face. It felt like she was being kicked while she was already on the ground in pain, and that she was wishing for death because she knew it would never get better. But all the realizations he was making clear only left more question, the one that led her to question if any of this was possible.

"Did you-" Ginny hesitated over the word that she feared, over knowing that what happened to Luna could have happened to her. That all this time, she could have been sharing her bed with a rapist, and yet she couldn't get the word out herself. But she had to know-she had to know why her memory was blocked.

"Did you block my memory before I came here? Did you block my memory after … having sex with me?"

She hated herself for not having the courage to say the word rape, because to say it would make it that much more real, and as she watched Draco try to struggle against speaking, she was hoping it wasn't true because she didn't know if she could handle anything else.

"Yes."

Ginny was thankful there was a chair behind her, because when her knees buckled, she sank right into it. Her wand loosed from her hand as she stared at Draco with wide eyes and an open mouth. But should she have been surprised that a man capable of murdering her loved ones would rape her as well? Wasn't it just another step to claiming her as his?

But to think that she had voluntarily slept with the man that took her innocence made it worse.

She only came to when she saw Draco start to struggle with his bonds. The potion was beginning to wear off, though Draco still looked at her with a dazed look and seemed unaware that he was under his own control again. Forcing herself to worry about things later, Ginny quickly grabbed the dress and robe she had draped on the back of the chair, pulled it on and ran for the door with the wand in her hand. She was halfway out the door when she stopped and looked back at Draco still lying there.

"How does it feel to know that after all you went through to make sure I was yours, that you'll never really have me?"

Draco stared at her. "It's a pain that I hope you will never feel."

Ginny hesitated, because for a moment he acted like the Draco he wanted her to see, but she knew it wasn't really him. Without another look, she left his room and ran down the hall to his study.

She blasted the door open with her wand and told herself to catch her breath when she was inside the room. She knew her ropes would hold Draco-she was taught before the war on techniques of how to hold some for hours to even days if permitted. And all she needed was some time to write Snape an owl to meet her outside Malfoy Manor. From there she didn't know where she would go or hide in a world full of Death Eaters-all she knew was so far Snape had been right, and she had to get as far away as Draco as possible, even if it meant risking death. Because if Draco was twisted enough to rape her, and to kill her loved ones so he could have her, what's to stop him for killing her when he finally realizes he can't have her?

Ginny walked by the desk towards the fireplace, but then stopped. Staring at her was the picture frame of her from Hogwarts. Ginny couldn't help but pick up the frame and watch her younger self smile so brightly; it disgusted her to know that Draco thought that smile was towards him.

But she wanted to be out of his life completely. Ginny tore open the frame and ripped out the photo, and was about to slip the photo into her pocket when she stopped. She turned over the photo, and written on the back was "Promise me you'll always be mine."

Ginny stared at the message with confusion. She remembered the photo was taken for Harry, but didn't recall writing that message. And what was more confusing was it wasn't in her handwriting, but the script looked familiar, as so did the message. Where did she hear that before?

Ginny tried to tell herself to let it go and to write to Snape, but deep down she felt something stirring in her, and she knew something was missing. That after all Draco had told her, she still felt like the was more to the puzzle. Or maybe Snape was right-maybe she had grown attached to the only person left in her life, and now she was making up reasons to stick around longer because she couldn't bear to be on her own again. Maybe after being stuck in Malfoy Manor, she was becoming as crazy as Draco was.

But she refused to give in to her thoughts, crazy or not. Ginny dropped the photo on the desk and busied her hands with opening up drawers in search of ink and parchment. The two was locked, but the third drawer, a deeper one, opened where she found a pad of parchment. Taking the whole thing, she was about to close the drawer in search for ink when her eyes fell on what was hidden beneath the parchment.

It was the box she found in the garden of Narcissa's secret love notes.

She had almost forgotten that she searched for the box earlier and was unable to find it buried beneath the daisies. Placing the parchment on the desk, Ginny lifted the box out of the drawer-it still smelled of soil. She didn't know why she was so interested in the box at a time like this. She should have been worrying about her own escape, but all she could think about was the portrait of Narcissa at the other end of the secret tunnel, waiting day after day for her son to talk to her though he never will. And that once this woman, who died for her son, felt so great a love that she had to keep it a secret.

Ginny looked at a bare wall next to Draco's desk where she knew the secret tunnel was. She could so easily run down there and ask Narcissa all about what Ginny had wanted to know since she found the box. And if it wasn't for her own curiosity, maybe it was because despite how cruel the woman had been to her and her family, Ginny felt like she was holding Narcissa's heart in her hands, and Ginny couldn't just leave it hidden away forever.

She almost went for the trap door when she stopped herself once more. She might be able to help Narcissi a little, but that would by no mean help Ginny out in the situation. She thought of Snape once more, and if things would go according to plan, Draco would never know that Snape was involved in Ginny's escape. And if Snape was innocent, then she could have him go to see Narcissa himself.

Dropping the box on the desk, Ginny opened the lid and took a handful of the letters and put them into her pocket, spilling several on the desk. If Snape would show these to Narcissa, then maybe it would ease her pain only a little to remember of a love she once had. And that was all Ginny knew she could do for the woman.

Knowing she had to cover her steps, Ginny picked up the other letters to stow away in the box, when what she saw made her stomach squirm for reasons unknown.

One of the secret letters laid open next to the photo of herself on the desk. And on both of them were the identical handwriting. Only this time the letter said, "Meet me at midnight in the classroom with the clearest view of the lake. This time I'll send an owl along to let you know I'm near."

And before she could take another breath, thoughts came rushing into her head of a dream she had only just that morning. Of her being in Hogwarts, with the clock chiming midnight and a owl hooting. Of her waiting for someone, and then suddenly Draco was there in his Slytherin outfit, asking her to promise him she would always be his.

"You weren't supposed to find out this way."

Ginny screamed at Draco standing at the door. Before she could move he pulled out his wand and yelled "WAND HERE", causing hers to fly out of her hand and into his own, which he put in the robe he threw on.

"How did you get out of those ropes?" Ginny asked, nearly yelled. "No one knows that spell except for-"

"The person who taught you it right before the war?" Draco interrupted. He walked into the study with his wand still out. "Tell me, Ginny, do you remember who that was?"

Ginny took several steps back as Draco approached with his wand. "Of course I do. It was …" But suddenly she couldn't remember who it was that taught her the spell. Not that she could concentrate much on anything with Draco there, her wandless and out of control. How could she think of such a petty detail when her plan was falling to ruins and she was doomed?

Now Draco was close enough for Ginny to see the anger in his face. His face was a shade of red Ginny had never seen on him, but it was his gray eyes, dark as clouds, that terrified her the most. They were the kind of eyes that she knew would lose all control any moment, and that she would soon feel pain.

"And tell me, Ginny," Draco continued, so close now that Ginny was backed into the wall. "Tell me where you were on the night of your family's death."

Beyond the fear she was feeling, there was still the confusion and frustration. "What does that have to do with anything?"

Draco smirked at her in such a way that he seemed crazed. "Oh, believe me, it has everything to do with it."

Ginny glanced down at his wand. "You were there with me when I visited that memory," Ginny said. "I got a letter right before dinner time to go to Diagon Alley. It was from Luna."

"Except you're forgetting that Luna was captured several weeks before that."

"I-" Ginny stopped. "That's not possible. I told my parents I was going to see her. If she was captured, then they would have known."

Draco leaned forward, his face inches away from hers. "You'd be surprised what your parents did and didn't know."

Ginny glared at him. "And why would I believe a rapist and a murderer like you?"

Draco grew still and his face tensed. "I won't deny being a murderer, but I have never raped anyone."

"Liar!" Ginny screamed. "You raped me! You raped me when I was in prison, and then blocked my memory. And now that memory spell is making me forget other things."

Draco stared at her for a moment, and moved so suddenly to his desk that Ginny jumped. She watched as he tapped his wand on the first drawer that was locked, and then pull out a flask with silver liquid in it. Ginny remained quiet until she read the label, which said, 'G.W. Memories.'

Draco looked up at her. "Would you like your memory back?" he said as he handed her the bottle.

Ginny could only stare at it with her mouth open. She had been right all along. "I-but you can't unblock memories."

Draco retracted his arm and walked over to the pensieve. "Not in the way that Snape knows of memory charms, which I assume is whom you have been talking to. But in this bottle isn't your exact memory of what happened-it's mine."

Ginny felt she was frozen to the wall, but her eyes wouldn't leave the bottle that Draco held. Did she really want to see what was so horrible that Draco hid from her? But then she remembered telling Snape that she'd go crazy if she could never know what exactly happened. But at the same time, what if seeing it drove her to insanity?

"There are side effects, of course," Draco said, "of being shown a part of your life that was erased. Shock is an obvious one, but it may drive you mad." He held out the bottle once more. "Is that worth the risk to you?"

She was dimly aware that her feet started to walk toward Draco and the bottle, though she remained silent. Was she better off not knowing and keeping what little sanity she had left? Though, she could only imagine what Draco would do to her after this episode-maybe she was better off being crazed and not even realizing she was stuck in Malfoy Manor for the rest of her life with a man who raped her.

She reached for the bottle, which Draco almost seemed reluctant to let go. "I want to do this alone, though," she said. There was no way she was going to watch herself get tortured with the man who did it.

Draco hesitated, but then nodded and let go of the bottle. "I'll be here waiting, though."

Ginny didn't want to think of that, so instead she busied herself in pouring the bottle into the pensive, and without taking a look at Draco, touched the liquid and submerged herself into Draco's memory.

Ginny expected the memory to lead her to her prison cell, but was surprised when she found herself in a bedroom. The room was not one she knew, though she could hear the rustling of a city outside the window, which was right where Draco was standing.

Ginny hesitated, knowing he couldn't see her, before she walked up to him. She watched his face as he anxiously looked outside the window. He looked almost exactly like the Draco she had just seen in his study; his hair hung free from gel, he was broader, and his face was still tense and years beyond his age. She glanced down at his hand where he was playing with his wand, though it seemed more out of a nervous habit because he paid no attention to it. But at a knock at the door, he quickly slipped it into his pocket before he said, "Come in."

Ginny watched as a woman slipped in with a shawl over her face, as if in disguise. She closed the door behind her, locked it, and didn't turn back around until she took her shawl off, exposing a wave of red hair. Ginny's stomach dropped as she watched herself in front of her.

The Ginny in front of her did not act surprised that she had just entered a room with Draco Malfoy in it, a Death Eater. Instead, she took off her robe while looking at him calmly. "Why tonight? I could barely get away."

Ginny felt herself back up and sink down in a chair behind her. She knew that Draco had blocked a memory-he even admitted it himself. But she pictured that he did something horrible to her in prison, when she was captured and was defenseless. So for Ginny to see herself in a room with Draco, willingly, made no sense to her, and only omitted a sharp pain in her head when she tried to figure it out, but nothing came to her.

Draco took a step away from the window, and towards her. Ginny froze when Draco's reached towards her and brushed her cheek. "Because I needed to see you."

Ginny watched in great confusion as her other self sat down on the bed with a sigh. "Believe me, I needed to see you as well. But, it's just that Percy came over, and it was all because of me that he's at the Burrow right now."

Ginny felt her stomach drop, and was glad she was sitting or she surely would have fainted. It was the night that her family was murdered. The night that she had no memory of where she was when it took place, only before and after.

Draco sat down next to her and when he grabbed her hand, the other Ginny stopped talking and leaned forward into him. "This is just harder than I thought it would be," she said into Draco's chest. "I just want it all to be over."

Ginny watched Draco's face as he stroked her hand-it was still as tense as it was when he was waiting, and the other Ginny must have noticed something was wrong because she soon sat up and gave him a puzzled look, but before she could say anything Draco leaned in and kissed her.

Ginny watched as Draco and herself fell into the bed, locked at the lips. And when they started to frantically take off each other's clothes, it was almost too much for her to watch. She knew that she had kissed Draco before, and even taken off his clothes, but that was in the present time, in his manor when she was a prisoner. But this, she couldn't accept this.

She wanted to look away when they were both naked-it was odd seeing herself in the nude from this perspective, and she felt almost dirty, like she was watching two lovers in secret. But this was herself on the bed, and there was no way she was lovers with Draco. Though through her thick layer of denial, she could see at how Draco was looking at the Ginny on the bed, with the same tenderness in his eyes that he had when Ginny remembered having sex with him. And his touches were gentle, and exact, as if he's done it a million times before, just like he did when Ginny first had sex with him after the ball.

But Ginny quickly stopped herself there. She thought that was her first time having sex with anyone, especially him, and she remembered how she felt no pain despite she was a virgin. And before her eyes, she watched as Draco positioned himself over the other Ginny before swiftly entering her, them both crying out in pleasure.

Ginny turned her head away. She couldn't watch anymore of it. Whatever it was in front of her, she didn't want to see it. She had no idea what was going on-she thought that Draco had raped her, taken her against her will, but what Draco was showing her was exact opposite. Here was something that made all of her accusations false. And it was beyond not knowing what was happening-she felt she didn't even know herself.

Ginny didn't look back over until quite some time, after she heard them both cry out in climax, and after she heard them rustle for their clothes. She knew she could have left the memory at any time, but she still need answers. She needed something to understand it all.

The other Ginny and Draco were standing next to the bed, fully clothed, and were giving each other a light kiss, before Ginny started crying.

"When will I see you again?" she asked, trying to wipe away her tears as if embarrassed.

Draco stopped her and wiped them himself. "I think I have a plan," he said. "But you have to trust me."

Ginny stopped and stared at him. "Of course I-"

She paused when Draco pulled out his wand and pointed it at her. "Draco, what are you doing?"

Ginny stood up from the chair and watched the two. Ginny's face turned to uncertainty, and Draco, those his face was steady, his hand trembled.

"This is the only way," Draco said. "This is the only way you'll be mine forever. He's going to win, Ginny. The Dark Lord is going to win, and there's only one way he'll let me have you."

Ginny held out her hand. "Draco-"

Draco hesitated. "I love you, Ginny," he said, and before Ginny could say another word, he yelled, "Obliviate!"

Ginny watched as a bright light flew out of Draco's wand, hitting her other self right in the chest. Ginny watched her fall, almost as if it was in slow motion, onto the bed where she was still.

Ginny watched in a numbing shock as she watched Draco bend down, kiss the other Ginny on the lips, and straighten back up. "If things go according to plan, you will be back in my arms one day," he said. "Please know that I did this only because I love you."

And with that, Ginny watched as he left the room thus ending the memory and the case to why Ginny was in Draco's manor in the first place.

~*~

There! How's that for a climax?

First, this is not the last chapter. There are still several more to come, and hopefully soon.

Two, many of you predicted this-good job! But, everything is still not explained.

Three, this very important scene was a bit earlier in the story than I was planning, but I thought it was due time that you all knew.

Thank you so much for your patience. I'm trying to get this out as soon as I can since I'm graduating in two months, and I can only imagine the real world is going to be even crazier.

Liz21