Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Secrets of War by Liz21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Secrets of War

Liz21

There's a minor H/G scene at the end. Very minor-won't make you gag, or anything, and it's important to the story.

Enjoy!

Chapter Seven

Flipsy had come into her room shortly after Draco had left, and had given her a potion for her stomach. Ginny had asked why she had come, when she was told that house-elves weren't allowed to give out potions in Malfoy Manor. She was grateful the house-elf came instead of Draco, and she trusted her, but she remembered of how Flipsy said she had to give Draco a potion to get better. Flipsy hesitated when Ginny asked her this, and said it was okay, that Master had checked the potion for poison. Then she cut off Ginny's questions by putting the vial to her mouth.

Her stomach, ill from seeing a picture of herself on Draco's desk, did feel better after the potion, but couldn't settle down. How could one be calm after seeing such a thing? She remembered telling Colin how the picture was meant for Harry. Did Harry have it on him the night of his death, and that's how Draco got a hold of it? But that would mean that Draco was there the night Voldemort murdered Harry and Ginny refused to think of such a thing. She couldn't imagine having kissed the man who watched Harry be tortured and killed. At the thought, she knew she would have been sick if it wasn't for the potion.

She sat in bed all day, every moment waiting for Draco to appear. It unnerved her knowing that she would have to see him again, and that he expected her to be 'normal'. In the beginning, she was able to look past him asking for her as a prize, because she had thought he would torture her. It was unnatural that that thought was normal for her. She could have accepted the pain, because it was the norm from a Malfoy. It was how Malfoys were supposed to treat Weasleys. Anything other was just wrong and went against so many things. When it was apparent he wasn't going to torture her, she was able to look past it as seeing that he changed, and with him being nice to her on occasions, it was easy to look past the oddness. Even when they were naked and kissing, Ginny was able to look past being intimate with her enemy, and based it off of simple attraction.

But this, finding a picture of herself on his desk, went against everything she had been able to look past. The picture was a symbol of his obsession of her. It wasn't just about revenge and torture for him, like she thought in the beginning. It wasn't just about getting something out of a Malfoy owning a Weasley. And it wasn't just about a sexual attraction. That one picture showed Ginny that Draco's feelings for her went much deeper than simply wanting her. She had a picture of her family because she cared for them; she loved them and wanted to see them everyday. So for Draco to have a picture of her only meant he had borderline feelings, except that his were never earned or deserved to be there.

Ginny rolled over to stare at her family. She remembered being ten, and finding a picture of Harry in the Daily Prophet. There was an article written about him going to Hogwarts, and the article was accompanied by a photo of him shopping with Hagrid. Ginny had cut out the photo and placed it next to her bed, so she could see it every morning when she woke up. She couldn't wait for Ron to come home, because in a letter to her he had mentioned how he was friends with Harry, and even teased her about her silly crush. Only, when Ron did come home, he made fun of her for having the photo, calling it creepy and unnatural. He said that Harry was his best friend and didn't deserve to be treated that way, and then took the photo from her and ripped it up.

Years later, Ginny was able to see that it was odd, and that her school-girl crush had turned into an obsession. And now, after seeing the picture of herself, she felt she was seeing it from Ron's point of view, and only saw it in one way--disturbing. She wanted to go back into the study and rip it up herself, but at the moment she couldn't bring herself to move.

A knock sounded on her door. She didn't answer, though. She knew who it was and what he wanted, but she wanted nothing to do with him. Through her silence, Draco didn't knock again, and she thought that he had given up when she heard the door open.

"I'll let your rudeness slide on account of you being ill," she heard Draco drawl. She willed herself not to stiffen at his voice, but continued to stare at her family, asking for their support to comfort her.

She heard Draco approach the bed. "Are you feeling better after that potion?" Draco asked.

"Yes," Ginny muttered into her pillow. "Yes, thank you." She didn't know what else to say. She wondered how long she could avoid looking at him before he either got angry, or noticed something was wrong.

"The Pensieve is ready," Draco said. "It's best if we do it now before dinner, in case you get sick again from eating."

Ginny glanced towards the window, noticing that it did seem later in the day. How long had she been lying on her bed like that? Taking one last look at her family, Ginny let go of her pillow and sat up. She managed to climb down from her bed without looking at Draco, though she could feel him staring at her. She walked out of her room with Draco following her, and started to head for the study when she stopped. Her heart was pounding and this time she did look at Draco, to see if he noticed her heading for a room she wasn't supposed to know was there.

Draco was studying her, but after a moment didn't say a word. "It's this way," he said, leading the way down the hall. "Be careful not to touch the door knob, or you'll get shocked."

Ginny nodded as she followed him. When they approached his study, he held the door open for her, and she tried to thank him, but was too unnerved to speak. When she entered the room, her eyes immediately darted over to the desk to find the frame, but saw it was gone. She looked at Draco and found him watching her, making her jump slightly and look away.

She could tell that Draco wanted to say something, but instead he led her to the Pensieve. "I'll allow you to do a few memories, but nothing that will take up too much of my time," he said. "And I'm going with you."

This time Ginny was able to look at him without discomfort. "What do you mean you're coming with me?" she asked. "This is personal--these are my memories!"

Draco narrowed his eyes at her. "Do you want to see them or not?"

Ginny opened her mouth to yell at him and tell him of course she did, but for him to keep out of her business, but instead she glared at him. "Fine," she said. "But you may not like what you see."

Draco matched her glare, but was silent as Ginny started to gather a memory. Wanting to see her family first, she pulled out her last memory of them, and put it into the bowl. She looked up at Draco. "Are you ready?"

Draco nodded and grabbed her hand. Ginny fought a shudder at his touch and put her own hand into the liquid, feeling it pull her and Draco into the bowl.

After feeling like she was going to fall forever, she landed softly in a small room. Draco fell next to her, only now they weren't holding hands. Ginny knew where she was before she looked around. It was her bedroom in the Burrow, and it was of the night before it was burned to the ground.

She felt Draco nudge her, and she looked over to see him staring at the bed in the corner. Ginny looked over and saw herself, only about two months younger. She seemed healthier then, what with still living at home and her whole family being alive.

"Is this when I think it is?" Draco asked her, his voice low.

Ginny nodded. "It's a matter of hours before Voldemort came," she said; her voice shook for a second.

"Then what are you doing here?" Draco asked.

Ginny went to answer when suddenly an owl flew through the window. Ginny watched as her younger self jumped off her bed and sped over to the owl, quickly untying the letter from the leg. The owl left without waiting for a response.

She felt Draco tense next to her. "Is that a letter from Potter?" he asked.

Ginny frowned as she watched herself read the letter. "I-I don't really remember," she said. "No, it couldn't have been, because I ended up going to Diagon Alley."

Before Ginny could guess on who it was, Ron opened the door. Ginny let out a cry at seeing him in the flesh, and she went to run over and hug him, when Draco stopped her by grabbing onto her arm. "He's not real, Ginny," he said into her ear as he held her down. "Remember? He's dead. Dammit, I knew this was a bad idea."

Ginny tried to squirm out of Draco's hold to get to her brother, but as she watched him talk to the Ginny with the letter in her hand, sense started to pour into her. Of course Draco was right--this was only a memory. Ginny stilled in Draco's grasp and tried to calm her beating heart. She had almost lost it there at a glance of one family member--was she sure she could handle seeing the rest? Ginny busied herself away from her thoughts as she watched Ron try and grab the letter out of the younger Ginny's hand.

"Don't, Ron!" Ginny said. "What did Mum say about trying to read my letters?"

Ron went to grab it again, but Ginny shoved the letter down her pants, making Ron grimace. "Real mature, Gin," he said, pouting that he had lost. "And Mum must not notice how many of these letters you get a week. We're in a war, Gin. You can't afford to be communicating with Harry like you are. It's too risky."

"It wasn't from Harry," Ginny said. "It's from Luna. She wants me to meet her at Diagon Alley soon."

"Absolutely not," Ron said, crossing his arms. "You know Mum won't let you go out by yourself."

Ginny watched her younger self open her mouth to yell back, when two people popped their heads inside. Ginny felt Draco tighten his grip on her when she saw it was Fred and George.

"Mum says come down and help set up for dinner," Fred said. "Both of you."

Ron turned to Fred and pointed at Ginny. "She thinks she can go to Diagon Alley!"

George let out a laugh. "Nice one, Gin. Don't really see Mum fancying that idea."

"Maybe if we come with you, you can go," Fred said. "Mum won't like the idea of you going by yourself. It's too risky."

The younger Ginny glared at all three men. "No, you guys can't come with, and I'll be perfectly fine by myself. I just went last week to get food!"

"That's because it was in the middle of the day," Fred pointed out. "And one of us would have come with, but we were all on duty."

Ginny opened her mouth to yell, but was interrupted by Molly calling at them to come down the stairs and help with dinner. With a glare, Ginny pushed past her brothers, and Ginny and Draco were forced to follow.

As they walked down the flight of stairs, Ginny glanced over to see Draco looking all around him. When they entered the living room with the mismatched furniture and the tiny space, Ginny knew exactly what was going on through his head. Thankfully, though, Draco kept his mouth shut, and raised an eyebrow at her when he found her staring at him. "What?" he asked.

Ginny was saved from answering when they entered the busy kitchen. She felt her heart break at the sight of her family all in one room, after Ron, Fred, and George piled in the kitchen after Ginny. She watched her parents over the stove cooking dinner, and Bill and Charlie setting down plates. Even Percy was helping out by grabbing bread out of the cabinet. She felt Draco's hand clutch her shoulder, and it was only then did Ginny realize she was crying.

"We can leave, if you want," Draco said to her. "Maybe we should--I think it's too much for you."

Ginny shook her head as she wiped her tears. "No, I need to see this," she said. "I need to see them--I missed them."

Draco was silent, but he didn't let go of her. Ginny turned her attention away from him and towards her family.

"What's this about you wanting to go to Diagon Alley?" Molly said to Ginny, who was standing between Ron and the twins. Molly pointed at the twins. "You two, put down some silverware."

"It's only for an hour or so," Ginny said. "Luna owled me and said she wanted to meet for dinner. You know I haven't seen her in ages, Mum."

Molly continued to stir a stew. "Have her come here, then. We'll set an extra place for her."

"It's for her birthday, though," Ginny said quickly. "And she needs to interview the restaurant owner, anyways, for some article her dad wants."

Arthur looked up from slicing a chicken. "I don't know, Gin. There was a raid there just two weeks ago-"

"And I went last week and I was fine," Ginny said quickly. "Look, I can even owl you when I'm on my way home, so you know when to expect me."

Ginny stopped watching her younger self and looked over at Draco. "This is so odd," she said with a frown. "I can't for the life of me remember what happened at Diagon Alley. All I remember is this right now, and then coming back."

"It must be from shock," Draco said. He took a look around the room. "To see all this go down…I'd probably forget what I just did as well." He looked back at Ginny. "Why did you pick this memory? It seems you're mostly fighting with your family; I'm sure you have better memories than this."

Ginny shrugged her shoulders. "I wanted to see them as I last remembered them." She turned to gaze at her family, and gave a soft smile. "Despite all of our fighting, I loved them so much."

Draco gave her a squeeze, as if to comfort her, and Ginny welcomed it. She stared at herself, who had just grabbed a cloak from a hanger and wrapped it around herself. Ginny felt herself start to cry all over again when she watched herself kiss her mum and dad goodbye, and wave at her brothers. If only she had known that it was the last time she'd see them, then she would all hug them once more. But if she had known that that night, they were all going to die, Ginny didn't know if she would have stayed or not to be with them.

Ginny saw herself head for the door, and she knew they would have to follow or leave the memory. Ginny ignored herself and continued to stare at her family, drinking up every last detail she could about them. Ron was glowering after Ginny; Fred and George were fencing with two table knives. Bill and Charlie were laughing at them, and even Percy smiled, despite how serious he tried to look.

Ginny's stomach dropped in a dreadful realization that had not hit her until the sight of her brother. Percy had been distant from her family for so long, even after the war had started. But it had been Ginny who convinced him to come back home; she had begged him to come home, even if it was just for dinner. She had told him the importance of family in times of need, and how they all needed each other.

Ginny placed her hand over her mouth; she felt like she was going to be sick. "Oh no," she mumbled. "Oh, Merlin, no."

Draco turned her to face him. "What's the matter?" he asked, trying to look her in the face. "Are you ill?"

Ginny barely nodded her head before Draco pulled out his wand. In a flash, they were out of her memory and back in his study. The moment they were on the floor Ginny buckled to her knees and hid her face behind her hands.

"I killed him," she cried. "It's my fault he's dead."

Draco knelt in front of her and grabbed at her hands to move them aside, but she wouldn't budge. "What are you talking about?" he asked. "Ginny, you know it's not your fault of what happened. You staying there wouldn't have stopped the Dark Lord."

Ginny shook her head and let out a sob. "It was me that made Percy come home for dinner that night," she said. "He-he was busy at the Ministry, but I owled him, telling him that we needed him there." Ginny looked up at Draco. "I do that and then I just leave. I left him to die."

Draco quickly shook his head. "But if you stayed you would have died too," he said.

"What if he thought that before he died?" Ginny went on. "What if when everyone else was being murdered around him, he knew that if he didn't listen to me, he would have been safe?" She let out another sob, and her body trembled.

Before she could fight it, she felt Draco wrap his arms around her and pull her into his chest. But once she was there, her face muffled into his robe and her frail body protected by his arms, she didn't care anymore. She didn't care that he had a picture of her on his desk. She didn't care that he had some deep obsession with her, and that he was now touching her. All she could do was give in to the security she felt from him and just cry.

He held her as her body shook. Ginny bunched her hands into his robe, and hung on for dear life. She thought she could handle seeing her family again. She was able to look at the picture of them everyday; why was the memory so different? She started to regret choosing the memory she did. Would it have been easier if it wasn't of the night of their murders? A whole new set of tears came on at the guilt she felt for leaving her family that night. Draco was right--if she stayed, she would have died as well, but then her family would have been whole, just like she told Percy.

But as quick as the guilt set in, something else arose in her. Questions started to flood her mind, ones she hadn't thought of asking since their death, and they were all directed at the person who was holding her.

Ginny let go of Draco's robe and moved back far enough to look him in the eye. "Did you know?" she asked. "Did you know that my family was going to die?"

Draco was silent, and simply stared at her. She felt his arms let go of her, leaving her weak and vulnerable. "Does that really matter?" he finally said.

Ginny's body shuddered, knowing the answer by his question. She took a breath and willed herself not to cry anymore. "Just answer the question, Draco. Did you know my family was set to be murdered that night? And that I was supposed to die as well?"

This time Draco looked away, and his avoidant eyes was the confirmation to the dread she felt at the pit of her stomach. She should have expected it awhile ago, maybe even the first night she spent at Malfoy Manor, when she learned that he was responsible for the capture and death of Harry. And then not too long ago she had learned that he had killed Hermione, and there were probably countless other people that she loved that he murdered or tortured.

The sadness and the guilt she felt were quickly being replaced by anger. Everything in her life had been destroyed, and wherever death and destruction was involved, Draco was there. Maybe when he said he won her to torture her he was right, because at the moment, it was killing her to be so close to someone who destroyed everyone she loved. Her body shook with the anger she felt; she bunched her fists into balls and she glared at Draco. He must have felt it, because he finally looked back into her face.

"Ginny-"

Ginny raised her hand and slapped him. His head moved to the side from the blow, and she saw by the look of shock in his face and by his red cheek that she had hurt him, but it wasn't enough. One slap wasn't nearly enough to make him feel every bit of pain he had caused her. Ginny balled her fists and hit his chest, over and over again. She wanted to scream at him; she wanted to tell him how much she hated him. But all she could do was try to hurt him, and it was something that she was getting no relief from.

Only when she started to grow weary of hitting him did she realize that he was letting her. His hands weren't on her, trying to pull her off, or trying to block her fists. He just simply knelt there, taking everything she had to give to him, and not saying a word about it. Tears started to fall all over again when she realized that no amount of hitting or slapping would make things better. And when she felt Draco's arms encircle her once more, all she could do was give up the fight and crawl back into his chest.

Her cries were silent as she clung onto him. She hated him for what he had done, and she hated herself for seeking comfort from him, but he was all she had left. He had let everyone die around her, and left her with only him.

Slowly, the tears stopped. Ginny sniffled into his robe, conscious that it was now wet from her crying. Once she knew that she was fine, or at least better than she was a moment ago, she let go of Draco. He too released her and just watched her as she wiped her eyes and wet cheeks. His silence unnerved her, but she welcomed it at the same time.

Before she could feel awkward at the situation, Draco stood up and gave her his hand to help her. She took it, and once they were both standing, Ginny glanced at the Pensieve. "I want to do one more memory."

Draco shook his head. "Absolutely not. You've had enough for today."

"And that's why a little more won't hurt," Ginny said. "I just…I need to get it out of my system. I saw my family, and it was more heart-wrenching than I could have imagined, but I still saw them and know I'm okay with not seeing them again. I don't think I could see them again, if I wanted to, but as hard as it was, that was my closure." She stopped and took a breath. "I just need to see one last person, and then I promise I'll never step near that Pensieve again."

Draco stared at her, and then back at the bowl. "You'll promise that?" he asked. "That on top of never speaking of their names again?"

Ginny bit her lip, but nodded. "I just need to do this one thing. And then I'm done."

Draco was silent for a moment, and just stared at the Pensieve, before he sighed. "Let's do it then. But I don't want another memory of your family. I don't think you could take anymore of them."

Ginny nodded and stepped up to the bowl. She placed the tip of her wand on her temple, and after a moment's thought, she pulled out a silver thread and placed it into the bowl. Before she could give Draco a chance to see what it was of, she grabbed his arm and touched the liquid.

They landed in a dark, drafty room. It smelt of water, though to Ginny's knowledge, there was none around. She felt Draco's hand grope her arm, trying to find her. "Where are we?" he asked.

Ginny opened her mouth to answer, but just then a fire lit in a small fire pit and filled up the room, or what little of a room it was. There was a single bed and a desk with parchment sprawled on top the surface. Maps were hung on the wall, but it was the wall that drew Ginny's attention. It was not of wallpaper or any typical wall material-it was a cave.

She saw Draco looking around, and then glance up at the cave ceiling. "We're in a cave," he said. He looked at the bed and pointed at it. "And there's a bed. What's a bed doing in a cave?"

But Ginny ignored him, because in a moment his question would be answered. Just then, two people walked into the room, their shadows bouncing off the wall. Ginny braced herself as she saw Draco stiffen in recognition of the people. She herself wrapped her arms around her as she stared at Harry and her younger self, roughly the same age as she was in the last memory.

"You shouldn't be here, Gin," Harry said as he led her over to the desk. He shuffled a few papers and then sat down in the chair. Ginny and her younger self frowned at him, at how sick and tired he looked. His face was pale, with bags under his eyes, and he was as thin as ever.

The younger Ginny took a seat on the bed. "I haven't seen you since you came here," she said. "And I know Ron and Hermione have been here before, so don't give me that."

"But Ron and Hermione didn't come alone," Harry said. "If something would have happened-"

"Nothing did," Ginny said. "Harry, you're practically in the backyard of the Burrow. I should be able to see you every night if I want to. It's not good for you to be alone in here." The younger Ginny paused and looked around the room. "I don't like it in here-how can you stand it?"

Harry shrugged. "It's not so bad after your father fixed it up. And your mum found a good spell to keep the bats out."

The younger Ginny got off the bed, went to Harry, and knelt in front of him. She took his hands and her frown increased. "Why can't you stay at the Burrow with the rest of us? You know any of us will be your Secret Keeper."

Ginny watched as Harry's body grew rigid and he let go of Ginny's hands and stood up. He walked across the room, and then back. "You know I don't trust Secret Keepers, Gin," he said. "Not after what happened to my parents."

Ginny stood up and watched him pace. "But if you'd only come for dinner once in awhile-"

Harry stopped and shook his head. "It's too dangerous. Don't you remember what happened last time I was around someone? They died. Neville died because he was with me."

"And that was a risk Neville chose to take," Ginny said. "And they would have killed him anyways, Harry. They're targeting all the members of the Order just as they are you."

But Harry just shook his head at her remark. He looked around the room and then back at her. "You shouldn't be here," he said. "I can't risk that. I can't risk-"

The younger Ginny crossed the room towards him and silenced him with a kiss. Ginny felt Draco grow rigid next to her, and for the first time since Harry entered the room, she snuck a look at Draco. His face was solid, but she saw the red in his cheeks and the glare in his eye as he watched the pair. Ginny glanced down and saw his fists rolled in balls, and they were shaking. She wanted to touch him, to tell him it was all right, but after all the hurt he had caused her, she knew this was the only way she could properly hurt him in return. He had his moments; she was now going to let hers happen for what it was worth.

She looked over to the couple and saw Ginny pull away. It was just a short kiss, one she knew was used often just to silence Harry during his rants. It seemed to have worked, as Harry took a breath and his body grew less rigid. He even gave a small smile. "I needed that," he said.

Ginny gave him a smile in return and then hugged him. "I miss you, Harry," she said, her words slightly muffled as she dug her face into the side of his neck. She pulled back and looked him in the face. "How much longer do you have to be in here?"

Harry rested his hands on her hips. He shrugged his shoulders. "Until I can think of some new strategies. Whatever I'm doing now isn't working. I'm growing weaker by the fight while Voldemort is only getting stronger." Harry sighed. "I wish Remus was still here. He was always good at coming up with plans."

"I visited his grave last week," Ginny said. "Him and the others." Harry opened his mouth but Ginny put her finger over his lips. "Ron came with me, don't worry."

Harry nodded, and then to both Ginny's surprise, he kissed the finger on his lips.

"Harry, I-" Ginny said, drawing back her finger. But she didn't get a chance to say anything before Harry pulled her close and kissed her hard.

"That's it," Draco growled next to her. He grabbed onto Ginny's arm. "We're leaving. Now."

Ginny scowled at him. "No we're not," she said, tearing her eyes away from the kissing pair. "I'm not done yet."

"If you think I'm going to stand here and watch you get it on with Potter-"

"Jealous?" Ginny hissed. Her eyes widened. It was out before she could think about what she was implying: that he did have feelings for her, or at least wanted her enough to be crazed at what he was seeing.

It must have hit home, because Draco's grip on her tightened and his face burnt red. "Why would I be jealous over something I've already had?"

Ginny glared at him and tore her arm away from his grasp. "Don't touch me," she snapped. "Our deal was to see this memory and then I'll never see Harry or speak of him again. And I'm not ready to leave yet, so deal with it."

Draco went to grab her arm again, but Ginny slapped his hand away. Draco drew back, only to come at her again, this time using both hands. Ginny tried to push him away, but he managed to wrap both arms around her, holding her tight. Ginny squirmed, trying to get lose. "Malfoy, let go," she said, finding it hard to breathe. "You can't make me go."

"I can do what I want," Draco hissed into her ear, their faces now close. "You seem to have forgotten who makes the rules here, and if you think you can boss me around-"

"Harry, no."

Both Ginny and Draco stopped talking and stared at each other in confusion before they turned to look at the couple who had moved onto the bed. Ginny was lying on the bed, her hair messy, and Harry was on top of her, breathing hard.

"What?" Harry asked before bending down to kiss her again, but Ginny only moved her head to the side.

"I said I can't," she said. She tried to sit up, but Harry's weight kept her down. "I can't do what you want to do."

"But, Gin," Harry said, "Do you know how long we've waited? Do you know how long I've wanted…I've wanted to…" Harry's voice trailed off as his face grew red.

This time Ginny managed to sit up, pushing Harry to the side. She ran a hand through her hair and avoided his look. "I'm sorry, I just can't," she said.

Harry must have realized his defeat because his shoulders sagged and he sat down next to Ginny on the bed. "It's okay," he said, though his voice didn't sound like it was. He grabbed her hand. "Maybe after the war, when everything is over?"

Ginny watched herself nod, though saw there was no expression on her face. She glanced over to find Draco staring at her instead of the couple of the bed. She saw him take it his wand out, and with a pop they were back in the study.

Draco let go of Ginny when they were on the ground, but he kept her right in front of him. "You never told me that Potter tried to have sex with you," he said. "When you said you guys didn't do it, I figured Potter was being a saint again."

Ginny's face burnt red and she looked away. "Does it really matter what happened?" she said. She tried to move away, but Draco held onto her arm.

"Why didn't you have sex with Potter?" Draco asked, his voice low.

Ginny squirmed, but Draco held on. "I just wasn't ready to," she said. "Not all girls just jump into the bed, all right?"

"Not even during a time you knew any day could be your last?" Draco said. "Or his? Wouldn't you want to have had him before he died?"

"Draco, let go-"

"You're hiding something," he said. "What's the truth between you and Potter?"

Ginny glared at him. "There's nothing to hide, I just didn't want to-"

"Have sex with the one man you were in love with since you could talk?" Draco interrupted. "Yes, that makes loads of sense, especially since you were only too willing to have sex with me."

Ginny would have slapped him if she could. "You don't know anything," she hissed. "You don't know what it was like being his girlfriend, what it was like being with The Boy Who Lived. People expected things-my family assumed things-but I couldn't do that one thing. I just couldn't."

"Not even after all the times he begged for it? What was it like, Ginny, having someone who's defeated the Dark Lord having to beg you for sex and then you refuse it?"

"Draco, let go of me now."

"Did you get off on knowing the control you had over him?" Draco continued, pressing himself onto her. "Did you enjoy not giving him probably the only good thing he would have felt before his death?"

Tears started to sting at her eyes, but she refused to cry. "I said it wasn't like that!" she yelled. "It wasn't like that, now let me go. I said let me go, dammit!"

"Then what was it like?" Draco nearly snapped. "What was it, Ginny? What was so wrong with you and Potter that you wouldn't let him touch you like he wanted to?"

"I didn't love him!" Ginny screamed, tears now exploding from her eyes. "I loved him like a brother, but not like that! I just…I just couldn't."

Draco let go of her and stared at her. "I knew it," was all he said. And all Ginny could do in response was hide her shameful face in her hands and cry.

~*~

Ah-another twist to the story! I hope you enjoyed it! Chapter eight is waiting to be edited, and I'm in the middle of nine now, though it's giving me a bit of a brain fart. School is back in session now, so I'm hoping the second half of the semester won't delay my writing.

Thank you for reading, and please review!

Liz21