Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Secrets of War by Liz21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Secrets of War

Liz21

Okay all of my lovely reviewers--I broke the two week cycle just for you!! If I stuck to my plan I wouldn't have updated this until next week, but I know everyone is anxiously awaiting this chapter. Reason for the two week period? So if I get really busy, you're not left waiting a month for a chapter, because I already have a few written already. Does that make sense? Well, chapter six is done and is waiting to be edited, but since I posted chapter five early, don't yell at me if it takes awhile for chapter seven!!

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER IS A HEAVY R FOR SEXUAL CONTENT. MAYBE NC-17. I REALLY DON'T KNOW--I SUCK AT THE RATING. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO FIND OUT JUST HOW TALENTED DRACO MALFOY IS IN THE BED, THEN STOP READING. IF THAT'S THE CASE, LEAVE ME A MESSAGE AND I CAN TELL YOU WHAT GOES ON IN THE CHAPTER WHERE SEXUAL SITUATIONS AREN'T INVOLVED.

That is all. Enjoy!

~*~

Ginny's body stiffened as Draco's lips descended onto hers. They were warm-warmer than she would have thought. She had always figured that Draco would be a cold person; cold to match his personality. But his lips were warm and pressed hard into hers. The force of the kiss made her stumble backwards onto the bed, and Draco followed her and was now lying on top of her.

She raised her hands to push him off, but he still held her arms, and she couldn't move. Her mind was racing a mile a minute--Draco Malfoy, a Death Eater, someone she was born to hate, was kissing her. She opened her mouth to tell him to shove off, but parting her lips against his only gave him the signal to deepen the kiss and put his tongue in her mouth.

Ginny had every right to bite his tongue, and was about to, when she felt her body relax at his touch. She was conscious of Draco letting go of her arms and use his hands to cup her face, but she still didn't move. His kiss--how his lips tugged against her own--how his tongue lightly played with her--all felt so familiar. Familiar enough, that her body was betraying her and she started to kiss back.

But it wasn't a feeling of love coursing through her body at a Malfoy's touch. Ginny hated him for touching her, for feeling as if he had a right to. And she hated herself for responding to him in such a manner. Harry had never kissed her like this--like if he couldn't touch her for another second, he was about to explode. Something tightened in her stomach--she couldn't deny that it was nice having a male touch her--it had been so long since one had. And she hated it.

Her temper rose as Draco sunk his hands into her hair, tugging on it. When she let out a moan, she almost wanted to cry at doing so, and letting out such a sensual noise for him. So, in retribution, she snaked her arms up to his own hair, still damp from the rain, and tugged on it much harder than was necessary.

Draco let go of her lips and let out a hiss, that only made Ginny grow warmer. "Ginny," he said before he kissed her, harder.

He used her name again--she hated how it sounded on his lips. She hated how he touched her, hated how her body liked it. She wanted to hurt him--she wanted to hurt herself for enjoying such an act. She bit his lip and tasted blood, and when Draco opened his eyes wide, Ginny laughed in her mind at his surprised look.

But then she felt something poking her stomach. Merlin--he got off on pain, at the pain she gave him. And help her, it only excited her.

Ginny quickly pulled at his robe, pushing it off her shoulders. As she undid his shirt, Draco let go of her lips and bit her neck until Ginny let out a yelp. Her body grew warmer--she accepted the pain and wanted more of it.

Once his shirt was off and his chest was naked, Ginny ran her nails down the length of his back, hard. Draco let out a groan and ripped at her night shirt, frantically trying to get it off, and resorted to ripping it in two.

Ginny felt the air hit her breasts--she was naked underneath the shirt. She had no time to feel self-conscious before Draco's hands were on her and he pinched her nipple. "Yes," she whispered. She wanted to say yes, to hurt her more. That this was the most alive she had felt in months, and she wanted more of it. But she wondered if her words would only stop his progress, and she wanted to go until she knew when it would hurt the most, when he would take her and hurt her being her first.

Her inexperienced hands fumbled with his pants button. Draco nudged her hands away and undid his pants himself, and while he drew them off, Ginny moved her body towards the middle of her bed, laying down on the rustled blankets, and waited for him.

When Draco was finally naked, he looked up at her and stopped moving. Ginny's breath caught when she watched his eyes trail up and down her body, naked and waiting for him. She let out a whimper as he took his time sinking her in. She wanted his hands on her again--she wanted him to leave bruises on her pale skin and feel the roughness of his hands. It was horrible what she was doing, but Merlin forbid it was the most alive she had felt in a long time.

Draco finally moved and crawled up onto the bed and straddled her body. Ginny's virgin eyes grew round at catching a glimpse at his length. Her heart quickened--how on earth was he supposed to fit into her? It would hurt, it would hurt more than anything, and she welcomed the pain.

When he put his hands on her again, he was gentle. He lightly kissed her lips, and trailed them down her neck and to her breasts, where he ever so gently took her nipple into his mouth and rolled his tongue around the nipple. Ginny's breath quickened. Wait-but he wasn't hurting her. It wasn't supposed to happen like this. She can't enjoy him while he was being nice. She couldn't let herself enjoy anything but pain at the moment.

Ginny's hands grabbed at his hair and tugged at it, hard. Draco groaned and sucked harder on her, leaving Ginny moaning in satisfaction. Her hips rose off the bed and she dug them into his, feeling his length against her. She had never done this before, but she knew he liked it, so she kept on doing it.

Draco let go of her breast and looked up into her hooded eyes. "Are you sure?"

Sure of what, she wanted to ask. Was she sure she needed to feel the pain--yes, she was sure. Was she sure she wanted him to touch her? Well, it was a little too late for that, wasn't it? She nodded her head. Her heart quickened when she saw him settle himself in between her legs. Breath escaped her lips when she felt him poking at her entrance.

"Mr. Malfoy--you need to take a look at this-"

Ginny let out a scream and scrambled to cover herself up, pushing Draco off of her. Draco cursed loudly. "Snape! Get the hell out of here!"

The door slammed shut. Ginny's heart raced and her face felt hot. She drew her ripped clothes around her naked body, trying to cover herself up, though there was only Draco in the room and he had already seen her naked. He himself was tossed on the side of the bed and he drew himself up to his knees and looked over at her. His face was filled with anger at being interrupted.

He reached a hand towards her but Ginny jumped back. She was desperately trying to cover herself up. Snape's interruption woke her up from what she was doing. It made her see what she was actually doing, what she was about to do. Her eyes widened. She had almost had sex with Draco Malfoy.

Draco seemed to have registered what was going on in her mind. "Ginny-"

"Don't call me that," she snapped. She felt tears gather in her eyes. Oh, she hated herself. She almost had her first time with a Malfoy. What would her family think? What would Harry think?

His hand reached for her again, but she let out a cry and he paused. His look almost broke her heart--he looked defeated, not angry like she would have expected. He gave her a long look before he turned his back on her and reached for his clothes, slowly pulling them on.

Ginny averted her eyes away from him. She couldn't watch him. She could barely touch herself. She grasped at her ripped shirt when a shirt was presented to her. She looked up and saw Draco handing him his shirt to cover herself up with, his eyes staring at the bed instead of looking at her.

Ginny quietly took the shirt and drew it over her head. She wanted to thank him, but she couldn't bring herself to speak to him. She watched him pick his robe off the ground. Without a word, he left the room.

Ginny let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in. Very slowly, she got off her bed and walked over to her closet where she grabbed a pair of Muggle jeans and pulled them on. She wondered if she had any bruises on her body, or any marks at all. Marks that Draco left in what she could only call a fit of passion.

She couldn't look at herself in the mirror when she fastened her jeans button with trembling fingers. She could only feel shame. Shame and a bit of guilt for using Draco in a way not even he deserved. She had wanted to hurt him, she had wanted to hurt herself, and she was paying for it.

A knock sounded on the door and Ginny turned to see Draco poke his head in. "We need you to come out and see this."

Ginny nodded and met him at the door, not looking him in the eye. She followed him down the hallway, watching his naked back move as he walked. She wondered why he didn't put a shirt on yet. They walked down the stairs in silence and to the drawing room where Snape was waiting for them. Ginny's face reddened as Snape looked at her, and she averted her eyes to the ground.

Snape cleared his voice. There was so much awkward tension in the room she felt ready to pop. "Miss Weasley," he said. "I need you to tell me what happened when you saw Mrs. Malfoy's necklace."

Ginny paused, trying to remember what happened past the pain she had felt. "There was a white flash, and then there was pain. Then, in my mind, I saw the necklace, as if it was in my hands." She looked up at Snape. "Why do you ask?"

Snape exchanged a look with Draco before he turned and reached for something behind him. Ginny stiffened as he presented the necklace to her. She waited for pain to fill her body, but nothing happened. She thought she heard Draco sigh in relief, but she forced herself not to look at him.

"This doesn't make sense," Snape mumbled. "Why would you react such a way the first time you saw it, and then have nothing happen the next time? But that's not what I was testing--look at the green gem in the middle."

Ginny bent down and peered at the necklace. She was too afraid to touch it, to take it into her own hands. There was a silver inscription on the bead- G.W.

Ginny bolted upwards. "But that's--those are my initials!"

"And they weren't there before you saw it," Draco said. He grabbed the necklace from Snape's hand and examined it. "So it makes me wonder if my mother did put some kind of spell on it that attaches the necklace to a particular person."

"That's very likely, but why she would do such a thing makes no sense," Snape said. "And I've checked it for curses as well and have found nothing."

Ginny stared at the necklace in Draco's hands. "But why me?" she asked. "Why would a piece of jewelry owned by a Malfoy attach itself to a Weasley? I'm the last person that should have happened to."

Draco looked up at her words and caught her eyes. Ginny's face reddened as he held her stare; her heartbeat quickened. Just a moment ago those eyes had seen her completely naked and willing. Ginny forced herself to look away.

"I think it's best to keep the necklace someplace safe," Snape said. "That is, of course, if it's all right with you, Ms. Weasley. It is, after this point, yours."

Ginny shook her head. "I don't want it. Put it away somewhere--take it away from me. Something is wrong with that necklace, and I don't want to find out what it is."

Snape handed Draco the box. "I know just the place for it," Draco said, leaving Ginny alone with Snape.

Ginny turned as well, ready to flee from Snape out of embarrassment at what he saw, but he stopped her. "I apologize for walking in when I did," Snape said, "but I believe it's for the best that it happened." Snape's voice dropped. "You can't get close to him, Ms. Weasley, not until we know what his true motives are."

"I don't want to get close to him!" she said quickly. Snape raised an eyebrow at her. "What you saw was an accident," Ginny said. "It will never happen again. I refuse to let it happen again."

Snape stared at her for a moment before he nodded his head. "Just be cautious, Ms. Weasley. There's a small chance that Draco put that attachment spell on that necklace. If you put it on, you may have ended up becoming attached to a piece of Malfoy property, and you would be under his control."

Ginny shuddered at the thought. His ordering her around now was a problem, but she was capable of denying him. But if she was tied down by the necklace, there would be no telling if she would be able to refuse to do his bidding or not. "Will I see you again?" She hated sounding hopeful, because she still hated Snape for who he was, but he was the only one alive that was on her side.

Snape nodded. "I believe you are attending Ms. Parkinson's ball? I wasn't going myself until Draco mentioned he was bringing you, and I fear you may need protection."

"What do you think Draco will do to me?"

"Not Draco," Snape said. "From all those attending. If they catch word that a member from the Order is there, anything could happen. There are some who would very much like to seek revenge on the Order of the Phoenix."

Ginny nodded. She knew that Order members had killed many Death Eaters in order to survive. They weren't proud of it, not like the Death Eaters were in their murdering, but the Order had taken many lives and ruined many evil plans. And though she knew Azkaban no longer held any prisoners, there were some that had spent a better part of their lives in that dreadful place because of an Order member, or of an Auror who was closely tied to the Order. The Death Eaters may have won the war, but they were far from forgetting those who had done them wrong.

Snape straightened his robes. "I must leave before Mr. Malfoy returns. If you need anything at all, send me an owl, but there is no saying I'll respond incase Draco intercepts the message."

Ginny nodded and watched him walk out the room. Her head was swirling from the day's events. She had wondered if the pain from the necklace was due to it attaching itself to her--that could explain why she saw the necklace in her head, and why she didn't suffer the second time she saw it. Ginny bit her lip as she leaned against an armchair. But the question was whether or not Draco knew there was an attachment charm on the necklace, and if he had meant for her to have it. Though she would have loved to blame Draco for such a thing, it stuck out that he was reluctant for her to see the necklace in the first place. If it was meant for her, she wouldn't have had to beg and annoy him into letting her see it. Unless he knew it would seem odd if he was too willing to let her see what was his mother's, because if he just handed it over to Ginny with no complaint that would be too suspicious…

"Snape left?"

Ginny jumped at Draco's voice. She had been so lost in her thoughts that she didn't hear him come in. "Just a minute ago," she said. Her eyes stared at his naked chest--why the bloody hell couldn't he put a shirt on--and moved up his body to his face, where she saw he was watching her. Ginny blushed and looked away. "Can I go now?"

"Yes; it's been a long day for both of us. Tomorrow we'll go to Diagon Alley to get you a dress for Pansy's ball."

Ginny nodded, and without looking at him she walked by him, conscious of their arms brushing. Out of the corner of her eye she saw his body stiffen. She almost stopped--she almost asked why he did it, why he kissed her--but her feet kept on moving and led her up the stairs and to her room.

She wanted to take a bath, to wash her body after being touched by Draco, but she was suddenly too tired to do such a task. She shrugged off her pants before crawling into the bed, and it wasn't until she was settled in that she became aware that she was still wearing Draco's shirt. Her hands gathered the black fabric and brought it to her nose; it smelled of Draco-- of something musky and mysterious. She inhaled once more, feeling ashamed for doing so, before she sank deeper into her pillow and fell asleep.

~*~

During some part of the night, Ginny had awoken to the creaking of her bedroom door. She strained her blinking eyes to see who it was, but Flipsy must have pulled down her bed curtains. "Flipsy?" she called out. The only response was the shutting of the door. Ginny drew herself up on her elbows and pushed back her blankets. She was ready to see who it was, when a bed curtain was drawn to the side and she saw, by the moonlight from the open window, that it was Draco.

"Malfoy!" Ginny squeaked, trying to fully sit up. Her hands scrambled for her blankets--she was only wearing Draco's shirt and in her position, it showed the tops of her thighs. But before she could do so, Draco stopped her hand by laying his on top, and without a word he crawled onto her bed and right next to her.

Ginny's mouth went dry as Draco pushed the blankets aside, exposing her legs and even her feet. He was still shirtless, and wore a baggy pair of pajama bottoms that were slipping from his trim waistline. Her eyes followed a light blond trail of hair that started from his navel and descended beneath the pants. Her face grew warm and she gulped.

Draco placed a hand on her knee and trailed it up, so delicately that it made her shiver. He stopped on the outside of her thigh, playing with the trim of her underwear. "What-what are you doing, Malfoy?" she asked. Oh, she knew perfectly well what his hands were doing, and she made no move to stop him.

Draco's hand abandoned her thigh, and moved like a jungle cat over her body. He rested his hands on either side of his head, his knees straddling her waist. He peered down at her, his hair hanging around his face. "I want to finish what we started," he whispered, his voice low. He bent down and nibbled on her ear, causing Ginny to gasp. "I want to make you mine," he whispered into her ear.

Ginny's eyelids fluttered, threatening to close on her and allow him to do what he wanted. But no, she thought suddenly. This was Draco Malfoy, and she would not allow him to seduce her. She opened her eyes and found herself looking back into his. She opened her mouth to tell him to get off, but before she could speak he bent down and kissed her.

She hadn't noticed the first time he kissed her how soft his lips were. And they were gentle, far gentler than he had ever acted towards her. They weren't rough and demanding like before, when they were tearing each other's clothes off. His kiss was soft, so soft she almost couldn't feel it. Before she wanted him to be rough, to hurt her, but now he treated her as if she might break. Ginny leaned her head into the kiss, pushing hard against his lips, trying to get him to quicken his pace, or to push back, but he only lifted his lips off of hers and kissed the line of her jaw, ignoring her protests. He gently kissed his way down her throat, leaving little marks and blowing air on them, before he found his way to the opening of her shirt--his shirt--that she wore.

Ginny expected him to rip that shirt off as well--she still wanted the aggression--but Draco leaned back up to her and kissed her mouth, this time opening up her lips with his tongue which he slipped in. Ginny was so focused on him kissing her like that, that she almost didn't feel his hand slip under her shirt and head towards her breast. She let out a moan against his mouth when his hand found what he was searching for and gently put pressure on her breast.

Her hands flew to his hair and tugged on it. Draco hissed into her mouth, and for a split second it looked like he had lost all control, but he pulled back. "We're doing this my way, Ginny," he said. "I won't let you take out your aggression on me like that again."

"But-" How had he known? Instead of asking, Ginny leaned up and kissed him, feeling it was easier doing that than trying to figure out what was going on. She found it better to just let her body do what it wanted instead of letting her mind think. She followed Draco's slow pace, though her heart was beating wildly, and she felt that if he'd stop touching her, she'd break.

He only did stop to lift the shirt over her head, but his hands were back on her before she could moan in protest. He kissed his way down to her chest, encircling a nipple with the tip of his tongue, and onward down her stomach. Ginny's breath hitched as Draco slipped off her underwear, exposing herself to him. She thought he would come back up to her, but he kissed the top of her thighs and nudged her legs apart.

Ginny watched him with curiosity, wondering what he was going to do. Never had Harry and she gone this far--the closest he had gotten to her underwear was reaching his hands up her school skirt and feeling it, but that was it. Never had she laid naked for a man like she was doing for Draco. Never had she had a man so close to a place where only she had touched herself. She watched Draco settle himself between her legs, and she was about to ask what he was doing when she saw him dart out his tongue.

She let out a cry at the sensation of him licking her. Her hands gripped the sheet underneath her as he touched a particularly sensitive area, making her body quiver. Draco had seemed to have lost a bit of his control when she felt him grip the sides of her thigh tightly and press his mouth further into her, licking and sucking every bit of her.

Ginny felt her body tighten in a deep pleasure, as if something was building up. She let out a moan and her hips bucked as Draco inserted a finger into her, then two. He moved them inside of her, softly at first, but he soon gained momentum as Ginny withered under him.

"Oh!" Ginny gasped, now clutching onto the pillow behind her, holding on for dear life. It was unlike anything she had ever felt before. It went beyond the pleasure of riding a broomstick up to the highest heights, though she did feel like she was rising and going to fall at any moment. She felt Draco curl his fingers inside of her, and then with a brush of his tongue on the most sensitive area, Ginny felt herself explode.

She had wondered, between riding waves of pleasure, if she had blacked out for a moment. She was dimly area of her screaming out a name, a name that was foreign to her lips.

"Draco!"

That must have been the response he was looking for, because just as she was coming to, Draco moved up her body and was now kissing her, kissing her so hard and thoroughly that it took her breath away. Ginny wrapped her legs around him and pulled him closer. She nudged his pants' waistline with her foot, trying to get them off.

Draco pushed her foot away and tried to pull his pants down without moving away from her. His movements were frantic and desperate, and he swore when his pants would barely budge. Ginny wanted to giggle, but she lost her voice when she saw him move and take off his pants. Ginny's mouth went dry at seeing him--she had forgotten how big he was.

She hesitantly reached out and grasped him in her hand, making Draco groan. A surge ran through her body at knowing her touching him made him feel amazing, and she wanted to do it again. She wanted him to be withering like she was a moment ago.

Though she had no idea what to do next, her hand seemed to have taken over, and was doing quite the job. Draco's body strained on his knees before her. He grabbed Ginny's face and brought his lips to hers, but Ginny would not be disrupted from her task. She glanced down at her hand, feeling him pulsating, and in a flash ducked down and took him in her mouth.

This time Draco nearly fell backwards, unable to hold himself up anymore. He positioned himself so his back was firmly on the bed, and his hands were in Ginny's hair as she bobbed up and down. A wild rush was building in Ginny--it was like when he was pleasing her, but this was a different kind of pleasure. It was the pleasure of knowing he was at her command, that he was completely vulnerable now and needed her. It was knowing that she could send him to where she just was, that she could give him something as great as that pleasure.

"Ginny," he moaned. Ginny continued to pump him as she licked the tip. "Oh Merlin, Ginny," Draco cried out.

Ginny's heart quickened. She could feel he was almost there. She gently cupped his balls, making Draco's body hitch forward. She glanced up to see his eyes closed, and his mouth open.

"Weasley."

Ginny slowed down her movements, dazed that Draco just called her by her last name. Was this some kinky wordplay he was doing, using a name he spoke as if it was dirt?

"Come on, Weasley. I haven't got all day."

Ginny gasped and let go of him. How dare he speak to her that way! She had every sense to grab what she just had in her mouth and squeeze it painfully. She completely sat up and bent forward to slap him across the face.

"I said wake up!"

Ginny opened her eyes and found Draco hovering over her bed, staring at her. Ginny let out a scream and grabbed her blanket to cover her naked body, but she found that her shirt was back on. In fact, now that she looked at him, Draco was fully clothed.

Ginny frantically looked around her. All her bed curtains were tied up, just as they were when she had gone to bed, and it was morning, not night. Her heart was still racing though; her face was hot.

"You okay, Weasley? What on earth were you dreaming about?"

Ginny jumped and stared at him with wide eyes. "Nothing, Dra-Malfoy! Nothing at all!" Oh no, she thought quickly to herself, she did not just have a sex dream about him…she did not…

Draco raised an eyebrow at her. "All right then," he drawled. "If it was nothing, then can you please get your arse out of bed and get ready? It's already lunch time and we have to go shopping today."

"Lunch time? How long have I been sleeping?"

"Too bloody long, that's for sure." He dropped his eyebrows. "Are you feeling all right? This may be some side effect to the necklace."

Ginny shook her head. "No, no I'm fine. I'm sure I'm fine."

Draco stared at her. She saw his eyes glance down at the shirt she wore. "I'll meet you downstairs in ten minutes," he said, and with a lingering glance he left her room.

Ginny let out a breath when he was gone. She crawled out of bed, finding her legs trembling. She could barely look at herself in the mirror as she pulled out some clothes. Shame and guilt didn't cover what she was feeling at the moment. Disgust and embarrassment were certainly thrown in there, along with the mystery of why she would have had such a dream in the first place.

Ginny was pulling off her underwear when she stopped. She glanced down at them and let out a groan of agitation. They were soaking wet. She took them off and pitched them into a corner of the closet. If she had a wand, she would have burned them. Furious with herself, she threw on whatever clothes were nearest and marched out of her room, slamming the door behind her. The Ginny Draco was about to see wasn't going to be a happy one, and she wouldn't be anywhere near being turned on by him.

~*~

Her bitter mood certainly didn't leave her when they entered Diagon Alley, and it was joined by discomfort. From when Ginny first saw Draco as she walked down the stairs, she felt butterflies in her stomach betraying her. She had sneaked several glances at him while they walked to the gate. She finally admitted that yes, he was attractive, and it was normal for her to be attracted to him, considering she was nineteen years old, hadn't been touched by a man in months, and was constantly around him. But even on his good days, she still found hatred towards him, or at least dislike. And she reminded herself of Snape's warning of him, to be careful until they knew exactly what was going on. She decided that sex with Draco was the last thing she wanted to do, not that she ever wanted it in the first place.

But she still felt uncomfortable being so close to him after such a vivid dream, and after what they had done in real life. Draco must have felt it too, because he was making no snide remarks towards her--he was barely talking at all. She found that a silent Malfoy was scarier than a yelling Malfoy.

When they had approached Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, he had told her she could pick out whatever she wanted, and that he would meet her back here. She stood in the alley, watching him walk away and slip into Knockturn Alley. With a frown, she entered the store.

Despite what his motives were, Ginny was thankful that Draco had left her to do the shopping by herself. She couldn't imagine trying on a dozen dresses for him, or if he would ask her to. She had just brought a beige dress to the counter, asking for it to be billed to Draco, when she heard the door open.

"My, my, I didn't expect a little weasel to be in here."

Ginny jumped and turned around. It was Pansy Parkison, and she was glaring. "Draco should know better than to just let you run lose, especially with that red hair."

Ginny grasped at the hood of her robe--she had forgotten to put it up after she changed. She stood strong in front of Pansy. "Malfoy doesn't control me," she spat.

Pansy let out a loud laugh, but she sounded nowhere near happy. "Is that what you convince yourself to make you fall asleep at night? Or to make you sane? Tell me, Weasley, what is it like being owned by a Malfoy? Kind of defeats everything you and your dead family had worked so hard for."

Ginny's face reddened with fury. "You leave my family out of this," she hissed, "you filthy Death Eater."

Pansy's eyes flashed and she took a step closer. "So filthy that my side won?" she asked. "What does that make you then, besides a traitor and a whore?"

Ginny's mouth dropped open. "Neither! How dare you-"

"You telling me that Draco hasn't nailed you yet?" Pansy hissed. "I know that's why he wanted you. Everyone else might think that he did it to torture you, but I know him better than that." Pansy took a step closer. "I know everything, in fact, Weasley, and if you think you can have him-"

"I don't want him!" Ginny nearly screeched. "Take him if you want him so bloody bad, because I don't!"

Pansy's face grimaced for a moment, and Ginny looked like she was in pain. "There was once a time that I did want him," she said. "But things have changed. Like, for example-" She whipped out her wand and pressed it into Ginny's chest. "I can torture you in public and not get punished for it."

Ginny's face whitened. She quickly looked around her, but the only person in the store was Madam Malkin, and she was busying herself with a stack of robes as if nothing was happening.

Pansy glanced over at Madam Malkin. "She knows she can't do anything," Pansy said. "No one can, Weasley. The only person in this whole world that gives a crap that you're alive isn't here right now. Doesn't that fact just make you all warm and fuzzy inside?"

Ginny took a step back, her hands reaching behind her in hopes of grabbing something heavy to hit Pansy with. All she found was the counter, which her back was now pressed against. "Malfoy would kill you if you hurt me," she said. And not until it was said from her own mouth did she truly believe it.

Pansy must have to, because her wand wavered. "There will be a time and a place where he can't rescue you," she said. She put her wand back in her robe and headed for the door, not taking her eyes off her. "Malfoy can't always be around, and I'll make sure of that the next time we cross paths."

Once she slipped out the door, Ginny's knees buckled and she knelt on the ground. Ginny hugged her shaking body. She had always been brave--she wasn't put in Gryffindor for nothing--but all of her courage was washed away at knowing without a wand, she was completely defenseless. That she would have to depend on Draco to survive outside Malfoy Manor.

The door chimed open and before she heard Draco call her name in shock, she knew it was him. He knelt down in front of her, grasping her shoulders. "What happened? Are you ill?"

Ginny forced herself to look up at his face. She was now dependent on this man to live, despite what she had thought before. Ginny nodded. "I feel a bit sick to my stomach."

Draco got to his feet and helped her stand up. "Lean on me," he advised her before they left the store and to the Apparation point. Ginny did so, and had to force herself not to cry at the act. Despite everything she stood for, despite years of family hatred and efforts in the war, it had come to this. Of all the years Draco had ridiculed her for being poor; of listening to all trash talk Ron had given the blonde boy. After his father had tortured her with Tom Riddle's diary and he had nearly killed Dumbledore--after kissing him and almost giving him something she had never given to Harry--after all of this, she knew he was the sole reason why she was alive, and that she would have to live with that dependence for the rest of her life.

When they entered Malfoy Manor, Ginny released a sob and sank to her knees. Her shoulders heaved as she mourned for had happened and for what to expect. She knew that after a good cry, she would have to stick to her plan of accepting it and moving on. And she would, but at this moment all she could do was cry.

She was thankful that Draco didn't touch her, because she knew that she would break down completely if he did. But he did stay by her, and she felt his eyes on her. She didn't care though--she cried until she could cry no more, until her body felt weak from the effort. As she sniffled, a handkerchief was handed to her, and she took it gratefully.

When she could collect herself as best as she could, Ginny stood on trembling legs and handed the handkerchief back to Draco.

Draco took it. "Are you feeling better now?"

Ginny thought for a moment, and then looked up into his face. "I'm getting there."

Draco nodded and looked down at the handkerchief in his hand, wet with her tears. "There's something that might make you feel even better. Come with me."

Ginny followed him with curiosity, wondering what on earth he could have that would do such a thing. They entered the drawing room where Draco picked up a package wrapped in silk cloth. "I had someone at the Daily Prophet who owed me a favor--I had him look for the issue it came out in."

Ginny stared at the package in puzzlement, and when Draco handed it at her, she only touched the silk. She was afraid to unwrap it and to see what Draco had gone at such lengths to get. Tenderly, she pulled apart the cloth.

The cloth sank to the floor and she gasped. Tears started to build up all over again. In her hands was a frame, and inside the frame was the picture that appeared in the Daily Prophet of when her and her family went to Egypt.

She looked up at Draco, who seemed uneasy at her reaction. "But why?" she asked.

Draco glanced away and shrugged his shoulders. "You don't have anything to remember them by, do you?"

Ginny shook her head and clutched the frame to her chest. "I-I don't know what to say-"

Draco held up his hand. "Please, say nothing at all. The last thing I need is for a Weasley to get all mushy on me."

Ginny let out a laugh and finally smiled. "I think I can do that." She glanced back down at the photo. "Is it all right if I have a few minutes alone?"

Draco nodded and left the room, saying when he came back they could have tea. Ginny sank into an armchair and gazed down at her family, who excitedly waved at her. It was this man she was dependent on, and such a man would do such a thing for her.

As she smiled down at her family, she felt her hatred for Draco ease away.

~*~

*runs from angry reviewers* Twice I stopped the ever progressing sex scene! Hell, one was a dream! Now, how many readers are ready to throw a shoe at me?

*ducks head* Hey! That almost hit me! All right, I probably deserve it. I do like to tease, after all. But despite my antics, chapter five was not their chapter to have sex in; so that's not to say that it will never happen…just when time allows it to.

This chapter was a blast to write, but it caused me to work through a handful of chocolate and two glasses of wine. Just writing about Draco in such a manner makes you really think about that guy in your life, or in my sake, lack of guy. *sigh* Wouldn't life be grand if we all had a Draco Malfoy to ourselves?

I hope you enjoyed the D/G goodness in this chapter. Please review!

Liz21