Unofficial Portkey Archive

After The Night, Sun Shines by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

After The Night, Sun Shines

Harry85

Disclaimer: Nope I don't own Harry Potter. Which is a shame, because it'd have gone Harmony if I did…

A/N: An idea I had just after reading DH to make right things after the crapilogue. Hope you'll like the story, and please if you read, review, thanks.

After The Night, Sun Shines

Chapter Thirteen: Easter Hols

As the red silhouette of the Hogwarts Express came into view, both Lily and Hugo ran excitedly toward it on the platform 9 ¾ . Harry and Hermione laughed softly at their youngest kids' antics, standing close to each other. Harry had his arm wrapped around her shoulders, and both of them couldn't wait to see their other children.

They had missed them, even if Hugo and Lily were enough to keep them occupied, that was sure.

The train entered the station and slowly stopped, then the doors opened to let the students leave. One after the other, Albus, James with his girlfriend Kate, and Rose reached the platform, but Harry had to pinch himself when he saw Rose hugging no one else than Scorpius Malfoy and talking quietly with him, laughing at something the Slytherin had said.

"Can you believe it? Your daughter is actually friends with Malfoy's son!" Harry said, shock still on his face. He felt also a bit queasy about the matter.

"Oh, come on, Harry. Don't pull a Ron on her now, ok?" Hermione said, remembering how the redhead had joked with their daughter about having to beat Scorpius in every test at the beginning of her first year. She had been quite upset with him although she hadn't showed it fully.

Harry looked at her, then slumped his shoulders in defeat. "If it's ok for you…I wonder how his father will take the news though"

"Oh, I don't think Draco has a choice, if he doesn't want to lose his son's affection" Hermione said. "From what Rose told me of her friend, he's very determined and doesn't back away at the first trouble"

"So you knew they were friends?" Harry asked, surprised, while the kids started coming toward them.

"I suspect there's more than friendship there, to be truthful" she replied with a smile, and Harry chuckled.

As the group reached them, Albus and Rose immediately greeted their parents hugging them, while James just nodded to them, and Kate blushed a tiny bit.

"Hi, Mr. Potter" she shyly said.

"Kate, you're going to make me feel old. Call me Harry" he warmly said, extending an hand to her, who shook it eagerly.

"Hi, Dad" James finally said, smiling, still holding his girlfriend close.

"Well, if the two of you want to give each other a proper hello, we will wait for you on the other side of the barrier, James" Harry said with a wink.

Both the teens blushed, but his oldest son nodded anyway, and so they left the pair alone. Few minutes later, when he joined them, Harry could see James had indeed given Kate a proper goodbye from the goofy grin he had plastered on his face.

Once at home, the kids settled in their rooms, then joined the adults in the kitchen. Albus was checking on Lily and Hugo, while James and Rose helped prepare the table for dinner.

The two of them exchanged a look of understanding, and both knew the moment of that talk with their parents was coming.

They would do it in the next days though, as both had agreed putting too much stress on those two as soon as they had arrived wasn't going to be good for the final result.

At the same time, Harry and Hermione exchanged looks as to decide when they should tell the kids. They had discussed the matter, and agreed that they should let James and Rose know first, and then Albus. However they reckoned there wouldn't be troubles, since some of their kids had actually tried to get them together in the first place.

Harry had roasted a chicken and then there were potatoes, salad, and treacle tart for dessert.

Hermione had to admit Harry's skills in the kitchen were extraordinary.

"Harry, I've never eaten a better roasted chicken, you know" she admitted, and everyone else agreed.

"Oh, come on, you're giving me too much credit" he said, sitting with them and smiling. "You don't want to give me an oversized ego, do you?" he teased them, and all started laughing.

"No, your ego is already big enough as it is" Hermione teased back, and Harry pretended to be mortally wound by her words.

Lily and Hugo couldn't stop laughing hysterically, Albus was pretty amused too, and Rose and James exchanged a knowing glance.

Harry's heart soared seeing all of the kids happy. They were definitely past the worst period, and while he was sure they would all always remember Ginny and Ron forever, they had moved on and were ready to live their life in happiness. Exactly what he and Hermione were trying to do with each other, too.

After dinner, Rose and Albus played a game of Exploding Snap, Lily and Hugo were messing around with some of their toys in the living room, and James was revising for the exams he would have to take in some months. He was a fifth year so he had OWLs after all.

"Studying during holidays? Who are you and what have you done with my son?" Harry joked, approaching him.

James grinned. "It's Kate who is rubbing off on me. She won't let me hear the end of it if I don't go back to school prepared, she actually threatened me she's going to not speak to me again if I don't take studies seriously"

"And we don't want that, now, do we?" Harry teased his son, who blushed and shook his head.

"Although, I threatened her of the same if she doesn't loose up a bit, and she promised me she would"

"I like this girl. She can keep you grounded and focused, but still she can let you have the fun you want. I think the two of you complete each other"

James had a remark about Harry and Hermione ready on his tongue, but decided to keep it for himself. He and Rose would talk to them soon, no need to haste things too much.

Some days passed and finally was time for the talks. Both James and Rose and Harry and Hermione decided to have a nice chat with the others that night after dinner, so the scene was a bit funny when, once the little ones were in bed, the two teens approached the adults.

"Dad, Hermione, we would like to talk to you" James aid.

"Actually we need to talk to you too, James, Rose" Hermione said, wondering what the kids would have to say them. Rose and James were no less surprised that their parents had to talk to them too.

So, they locked themselves in the kitchen, a Silencing Charm placed to not wake Lily and Hugo.

"So" Harry awkwardly started. "You might have noticed that the sleeping arrangements are changed a bit"

James raised his eyebrows at that. "What do you mean?"

"He means that now me and your dad sleep in the same room and the same bed" Hermione said. They were old enough to be blunt with them, and it was the truth. Since Valentine's night, she had moved to Harry's room and had found it was a most pleasurable way to wake up at morning, spooning with him.

It had been her suggestion to make the sleeping arrangements definitive, and he had not even tried protesting. He had instead agreed with a devilish grin and a rather passionate kiss. She still remembered perfectly what he had said.

"Does this mean I'll have all for myself and will be able to make unspeakable things to you every time I want, now?" he had teased her, while holding her close, neither wanting to get up, fearing that was just a wonderful dream.

"Harry" she warned him. "Behave. Remember that the kids live in the house too, and we don't want them finding us in compromising situations"

He had pouted and she giggled softly. "All right, all right, you'll have me all for yourself. Happy now?"

"Much" he huskily said before attacking her lips again and resuming the activities of the previous night.

She smiled softly at the memory, a certain tingling setting again in her body as she remembered exactly what they had done after that.

"Mum?" she finally heard her daughter calling her.

"Sorry, sweetheart, I was just lost in thought"

"Had to be a really pleasurable thought if you were grinning like mad, Aunt Hermione" James teased her making her blush. Rose giggled, guessing what her mother had been thinking about. She wasn't smart for nothing.

Harry cleared his throat. "Anyhow, what we are trying to tell you is that now me and Hermione are a couple, and we hope you won't be upset by this. We know it may be too soon, but…"

He was, however, stopped by his own son.

"Dad, we actually agreed to tell you two to bloody open your eyes and get together already, so it's perfectly fine with us" he said, grinning, Rose showing an equally large smile, while their parents were surprised, to say the least.

"Only, try to keep your night activities silent, ok? We would like to sleep and rest before the last part of the school year" he teased them, then he and Rose left with a wink, leaving two speechless adults behind.

After a moment or two, Harry chuckled. "Those two are something else"

"They really are" Hermione agreed. "Well, if they are ok with it, there's nothing to worry about"

"What are you implying, Ms. Granger?" Harry said, standing up and going to hug her.

"Something that requires a bed and a foolproof silencing Charm" she coyly said before claiming his lips.

"I like how your mind works" he growled before carrying her to their room, locking it and placing several Silencing Charms, just to be sure.

----------------

It was just few days before their return to Hogwarts, and Rose missed Scorpius terribly. She was just thinking about him, barely able to concentrate on the Potions essay she was writing, when a brown owl tapped her window.

She let the bird in, and untied the roll of parchment from its leg. As she opened it, the owl waited on her desk.

"You need a reply?" she asked, and the bird hooted.

"Ok, let's see who is writing"

Dear Rose,

My father is definitely a jerk. I knew that already but now I have proof.

He saw us talking at King's Cross and he got mad at me for befriending you. I knew he would, but I don't care.

He's told me to not talk to you again, but I spat him back if he doesn't let me live my own life how I want it, I was out of here. I sincerely hope it won't come to that, I love both him and my mum, as jerks as they can be at times, especially him, but if he puts me in the position to choose between them and you, it will be you.

I don't want to lose you, Rose.

You've become important to me, and I like to think I'm important to you too. I won't let my father break what we have managed to build in these months.

Your Friend,

Scorpius

Rose was shocked. Turning the parchment she scribbled her answer in her usual neat writing.

Dear Scorpius,

I value our friendship lots, but I'm not sure you should leave your family for it. I want you to be happy and if you leave your family I fear you won't be. I don't want to be the cause of a rift between you and your parents, so maybe it's better to follow what they say.

Your friend forever,

Rose

As she rolled it up, a tear fell on the parchment, staining the paper. She hastily tied it to the leg of the owl and let it fly away, her own heart flying away with it.

-->