Unofficial Portkey Archive

After The Night, Sun Shines by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

After The Night, Sun Shines

Harry85

Disclaimer: Nope I don't own Harry Potter. Which is a shame, because it'd have gone Harmony if I did…the song is form Elton John from "The Lion King" soundtrack. Childish, I know, but I love it, lol.

A/N: An idea I had just after reading DH to make right things after the crapilogue. Hope you'll like the story, and please if you read, review, thanks.

This is the end of the story, guys. I hope you liked it as much as I had fun writing it!

After The Night, Sun Shines

Chapter Eighteen: Epilogue

Harry Potter woke up, as every morning, and turned to his side to look at his wife. He smiled, and pulled her close which earned him a satisfied little moan from her as she snuggled near him, still sleeping.

He still couldn't believe he could be so happy. It had been ten years since the day Ron and Ginny had died, and nine years, more or less, since he had married Hermione.

He couldn't have asked for anything better, and he had to admit he was happier now than he had been with Ginny.

If five kids weren't enough, Harry and Hermione had wanted some of their own, so this lead to the birth of Eliza Natalie Potter, eight years old, and Daniel Remus Potter, five years old.

As if on cue, the youngest came into the room, and joined them in bed, resting peacefully near his mother. Harry inwardly chuckled at that.

Eliza had brown curls and piercing green eyes, while Daniel was all his mother, with brown hair and orbs, although he had inherited his father's messiness when it came to hair. He couldn't keep them down if he tried.

Eliza was quite vivacious and couldn't wait to get on a broom, to Hermione's disappointment as she was crazy afraid of one of her kids getting hurt falling from a broomstick. However, the girl seemed to have inherited Harry's flying skills, so there wasn't really to worry there. But a mum can't help it, can she?

As for Daniel, he was more quiet and seemed to have taken a like to the library, where he would stay hours looking at the moving pictures in the books. He still wasn't quite able to read but he was starting to do that with Hermione's help, as she was really happy her son seemed to have inherited her knack for books.

"Going to read "Hogwarts: A History" more times that you ever did, he is" Harry loved to tease her, at which she would stick her tongue at him, making him laugh.

As for the older ones, James was playing professional Quidditch for Puddlemere United, and he was the best Seeker of the league for three years in a row now and going for the fourth. He was quite popular with the girls, and he usually had fan girls throwing themselves at him at every match or party he attended. But he had eyes only for a certain brunette who had stuck with him since his Hogwarts days.

He and Kate were getting married in a month, and Harry couldn't be more proud of his eldest. He could have chosen a flashy girl, all appearance and no brains, and no one would have thought it strange seeing the bimbos that kept lusting after him, but he chose to spend his life with a nice young woman, who was beautiful in her own way but was smart too, could keep him in line if the need came but knew how to have fun too.

She had taken the path of healing, going to work for St. Mungo's, so Harry was quite friendly with her. He had resumed his job at the Auror Department, and more often than he cared for he would have to go check on fellow Aurors in the hospital, thus he often met her.

Harry was eerily reminded of him and Hermione seeing how James and her interacted, which made stronger the feeling that maybe he should have opened his eyes many years before, and see what was just in front of his face. But there was no sense in thinking about that now, he could not change the past. At least, he was with her now.

Albus was out of school too of course and had joined his father in the Auror ranks, and was currently in a relationship with that redhead from Ravenclaw, Julie Fanhorn, with whom he had definitely hooked up in sixth year after that for two years they had danced around each other, giving it a go and then calling it off at least three times. They were currently very happy and Harry knew his son was thinking about marriage.

Rose, she had pursued her love for Transfiguration and had taken McGonagall's place as teacher at Hogwarts, now that the elder witch decided to dedicate herself only to the Headmistress' business. She claimed to have become too old to fill two positions at the same time, and Rose had proved to be a very skilled teacher in the two years she had held the spot till now. Hermione was tremendously proud of her daughter and Harry was so happy with her too. She and Scorpius had just gotten engaged, but decided to take things slow and plan the wedding for the next summer.

As for Hugo and Lily, they were in their seventh and last year at Hogwarts. He followed his natural father's school career, barely making it year after year thanks to the help of his cousin, which instead was top of her class and appointed Head Girl this year. Harry couldn't help seeing some of his own mother in her, at least from what he had been told of her, and not only the name. She was actually single, but Harry suspected she had an attraction for the Head Boy and from what he had been able to witness at King's Cross year after year the boy was smitten with her too. They were just too stubborn to admit it and give it a shot. Hugo was instead seeing a fifth year Hufflepuff, but it was nothing particularly serious for now.

Hermione had managed to meddle her career and caring about her two new children, and she even turned down the spot as Vice-minister because that would leave her too little time to spend with them, and her family in general. Harry had suggested he quit working again so she could take the job but she hotly refused, and in the end it was better for all of them. She would stress herself less, and still do a job she loved, Harry could do something he liked much too, and the children would be cared about by Molly, who was more than happy to have them as the Burrow was really quiet now that all of her seven kids were on their own.

Harry's musings on his family were interrupted by someone, particularly his wife, wishing him good morning.

"Good morning to you too, love" he said, kissing the top of her head.

"What were you so deep in thought about?" she asked, resting her head on his chest.

"Nothing special, just what a great family we have" he said with a smile on his lips. "And that we ended having a family as big as the Weasleys" he joked. "If someone had told me, I wouldn't have thought it possible"

"Neither would I" she confirmed, smiling herself. "But this is how life goes, you plan something and then it comes and swipes those plans away and pushes you into something you never expected"

"You can say that again" he whispered. "I never guessed I would end married to you, but believe me I am glad life pushed us together"

"Me too, Harry" she said, pecking him on the lips. The presence of their sleeping son prevented them from doing more like they would have both wanted.

"Well, time to get up and prepare breakfast for this little rascal here and the little sleeping princess" Harry said, moving out of bed while Hermione remained there with their son some more.

Harry was right, they really had a great family, she thought looking at her sleeping son.

As for the rest of the Wizarding World, Kingsley Shacklebolt was still Minister, and he would probably be for a long time, since his popularity kept growing. Having Harry and Hermione, two of the heroes of the war, on his side was a plus, and he did all what was needed to start changing some prejudices in their society.

Hermione had fought to grant Elves, Centaurs and the other magical creatures like werewolves some rights, and Kingsley completely approved her view on the matter, as well as Harry. It was something that would need a couple of generations of wizards to fully change but at least they had planted the seeds.

As for dark wizards, after the "Voldemort Avengers" group, no other entities like that arose, and while, like Dumbledore had often said, evil never truly died and they could only fight to keep it at bay, for the moment the idea of a new war was really far from coming.

Hogwarts was still divided into Houses, and some rivalries like Gryffindor against Slytherin would never truly vanish, however Headmistress McGonagall had toned it down quite a bit creating projects were the houses would have to work together, thus trying to promote that unity the Sorting Hat had been talking about in Harry and Hermione's Hogwarts years.

The two of them would at times go visit at the castle, for the joy of the students who could look closely at that Harry Potter they studied about in books, especially in History of Magic.

While Harry was still a bit queasy about being famous, he had come to terms with it, and with the fact he would never be normal in their world, but this didn't stop him to go and meet some old friends like Hagrid, Minerva, Neville who was still the Herbology Professor, and now his stepdaughter Rose too.

While she was thinking about those things, Daniel woke up and started tugging on her arm to go downstairs and have breakfast. The smell of freshly made pancakes and bacon, as well as eggs, was coming up from the kitchen and when her own stomach rumbled, she knew it was time to go and have a bite with her husband and their children, as she heard running on the steps which could only mean Eliza was up too.

As she walked down, she couldn't help thinking that they were truly happy now, and nothing could change that.

Yes, now all was definitely well.

-->