Unofficial Portkey Archive

Tears from the moon by leedee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Tears from the moon

leedee

Chapter Six

-

-

-

For the rest of the week, Harry was away on a mission for the training group and Hermione missed him greatly. All she could think about was what had happened on the broom. It was the sexiest and most exciting moment of her life and she wanted to talk to Harry about it, yet she wasn't sure whether or not she should. She didn't want to over talk it and spoil it. She knew he would be back for the weekend, though, it was Bill's birthday and he was throwing a large party at a large wizarding pub. He had turned thirty the year before but he and Fleur had been abroad and the twins had made him promise that they would celebrate the next year.

Bill didn't have much to say about it, Fred and George were taking care of the whole thing. Fleur had insisted that they would throw a respectful event with not too much alcohol and with a five-course dinner. The twins had promised that they would try to make it as respectful as they possibly could.

Two days before the party, as Hermione arrived home she noticed that all of Harry's things were moved, all she found was a note.

Sorry to just leave a note, but I'm still away. Dobby has found me a flat and has moved all my things for me. How about if I come and pick you up before the party?

Harry

She smiled. She felt slightly disappointed that Harry had moved out, she would gladly have let him stay for at least…well, forever. But maybe now they could start dating like a normal couple. If that was indeed what Harry wanted as well.

---

She wore flared, black slacks and a tight, black top. She sat nervously on the sofa waiting for Harry to arrive and as he knocked she almost ran to the door. She beamed at him as she opened. He looked breathtaking. He was wearing dark grey slacks and a Gryffindor red shirt.

"Hi, Harry," she smiled.

"You look beautiful," he admired her and as she turned to take her coat he gazed at her bottom. He offered her his arm and they walked away together.

As they arrived at the pub Harry couldn't help but notice the look on Ron's face as he saw them arm in arm.

"Why don't I get us a drink?" Harry suggested and gestured for Hermione to take a seat with their friends. She walked over to Bill and gave him her gift. Fleur was sitting next to him looking grumpy.

"Fleur, are you OK?" she asked carefully. Fleur didn't answer and Bill laughed.

"This is the five-course meal," he explained and gestured to five bowls on the table with different types of sweets. She nodded, trying to withhold her giggle. She sat down next to Neville at the large table where her old classmates were sitting and Harry soon sat down next to her with two glasses of wine.

"Muggle wine?" she inquired, surprised.

"Well, that's what you like, isn't it?" Harry asked and she smiled at him. Ron rolled his eyes and took a large sip of his beer. Ginny looked annoyed and grabbed Seamus arm.

"Let's dance!" she ordered and he willingly followed. Hermione looked guiltily at Harry, but he shook his head at her.

Luna was talking to Ron about a Qudditich rumour she had heard, and normally he would have found it interesting but he couldn't help looking at his two best friends. They seemed to only have eyes for each other and they were talking constantly in hushed voices.

"Where's Lavender?" Hermione asked Ron.

"How am I supposed to know?" he snapped at her and she looked a bit surprised.

"She couldn't make it, she had something else to do," Luna answered. Ron got up and walked over to the bar.

"Give me a firewhiskey," he told the bartender. He spun around on his barstool and looked over to the table. Apparently Harry had said something funny because Hermione was laughing and gently touching his hand. Ron downed his firewhiskey as Harry leaned closer to Hermione.

"So how about if we go out soon, just the two of us?"


"I'd like that," she smiled sweetly at him. Their faces were close and Hermione looked into his eyes. She saw that he was looking at her nose.

"You have a cute nose," he whispered and she smiled again. Harry turned and saw that Ron was looking at them.

"Listen Hermione, you really need to tell me what's going on with Ron."


"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean. You kind of gave me the idea that there was nothing going on between you, but now he seems upset. I never wanted to get in the middle of anything, and I would never try to steal my best friend's girlfr-"


"I'm not his girlfriend, Harry! And I never have been. I can't help that he's acting like this. Nothing ever happened between us but he seems to be waiting for it to happen."

Harry nodded and understood. This wouldn't be easy. Ron was obviously in love with Hermione, but she didn't feel anything back. He got up and walked over to the bar and sat down next to Ron.

"Buy you a drink?" he offered and looked at Ron, who was stuffing his mouth with some of the sweets from the bowl.


"I can buy my own drinks now, I have my own money," he mumbled.


"I know that! Alright, you can buy me one, then," he answered and gestured at the bartender. They drank their ale in silence, Harry observing Ron.

"Look, Ron," Harry started.

"No."

Harry raised his eyebrows. "No what?"

"You know what. No, I don't want you to see her in that way." There was silence again. "Anyone but her, Harry."

"Ron listen to me…."


"No you listen to me!" Ron spun his chair around to face Harry and looked into his eyes. "I can't stand the idea of you two being together. I wanted to be with her for so long, and if she hooks up with you instead…well, no. I don't want that."

"It's not really up to you mate."

"So you just come back here and steal what is mine after all these years?"

"Is she yours?" Harry asked silently.

Ron froze for a moment and then fumbled. "Well…no, not mine exactly. But she knows how I feel, and - well it doesn't matter. I don't want you to be with her. The thought you two…" Ron closed his eyes and beat his fist into the bar.

"I would never do anything to hurt you," Harry started.

"I never said anything when you got it on with my sister, Harry. I was a good friend then, wasn't I?"

"Yes."


"Then you can be a good friend now, and prove that I'm your best friend."

Harry looked sadly at his hands. He knew he wouldn't be able to get through to Ron at this state. He changed the subject and Ron's spirits lifted slightly as he told Harry about the progress his Quidditch team was making.

Harry glanced back at Hermione, who was talking to Luna and Neville. How would he handle this? He was crazy about her, and he wanted to be with her. He had been thinking about her for two years, but Ron was in love with her. Hermione had told him that there was nothing between them, but still.

Hermione looked up and smiled at him and it made his legs tingle. He looked intently at her and she stopped smiling. It was almost like she understood. He needed to keep his distance tonight; he didn't want it to be too much for Ron. She smiled sadly at him again and turned back to Neville and Luna.

---

Hermione was walking outside to get some air. They were having a good time tonight, she and Harry had even danced a few times. They kept a bit more apart then they had when they had arrived but every time they got close it felt like there were sparks between them. She could hardly fight the urge to just touch him.

She walked outside the pub and let the ice-cold November air hit her.

"Oh," she said surprised as she saw Ron snogging a girl against the wall. He pulled away and looked at Hermione. "Ex-excuse me…" she mumbled as she turned around, shocked. The girl giggled and Ron looked startled.

"Wait!" he called out, but Hermione was already walking back inside. She walked over to the bar. Ron was obviously more OK with her and Harry then she had thought. She felt someone standing close behind her and turned around.

"Please, come outside and talk to me," Ron mumbled in her ear. He was too close for her comfort but she did as she was told. She felt Harry's burning eyes on her as she left the pub.

-

"Just for a minute OK? It's too cold!"

"Do you want my jacket?" he offered, but she shook her head. He took a deep breath and looked at his feet.


"What you saw…it was nothing. Just a stupid drunken thing, it didn't mean anything."

Hermione smiled at him. "Ron, it's fine. I'm glad you've met someone."

"I haven't met someone," he raised his voice and she took a step back.

"You're drunk!" she reprimanded.

"So? You're not my girlfriend, you can't tell me what to do." Hermione felt sad and empty inside. She loved Ron so much, as a friend, why couldn't he just see her the same way?

"I'm going back inside," she said, but Ron reached out and grabbed both her wrists.

"Hermione, please…" he pleaded. Hermione's eyes started to tear up.

"Don't do this now, please. There are so many people inside."

"Hermione…."

"We can talk about this tomorrow, when you're sober okay?"


"I don't want you to be with him!" He was still holding her wrists.

"I don't really feel comfortable…"

He pulled her closer. "I've never felt this way about anyone, ever."

"I don't want to do this here! I think I should go. I better go home."

Ron also had tears in his eyes now. "Hermione," he whispered.

"Please, just let go of my hands," she whispered and the tears spilled over.

"But I-I love you."

"Please Ron," she yanked her hands back, walked quickly into the pub and grabbed her jacket. Harry looked at her but she just turned and walked out again, by the time she got back outside Ron was already gone as well.

She cried herself to sleep. She felt something wonderful happening between her and Harry, but now they had this huge thing between them. Their best friend! She never wanted to hurt Ron and she knew Harry would never do anything to hurt Ron either. Was this it for her and Harry? She cried harder into her pillow. The beautiful thing that was developing between Harry and her suddenly felt wrong and spoiled.

-->