Unofficial Portkey Archive

Tears from the moon by leedee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Tears from the moon

leedee

Chapter Eight

The sound of pots and pans ringing through the house woke Harry. He rubbed his eyes and put his glasses back on. It was dark and he felt hot and sweaty - it took him a few moments before his mind caught up where he was. He decided to take a shower before he would go out and see what Hermione was doing. There was no hot water and the cold water made him feel even more refreshed. He put on his pants and walked out to the kitchen where he found Hermione cooking. She turned as she heard him enter. She stared at his broad chest and shoulders; he was the sexiest thing she had ever seen.

"I'm making dinner," she announced.

"I see that." She shrugged and laughed slightly embarrassed.

"Do you want some wine?" she asked and gestured at the many bottles standing on the counter. Harry walked over and looked at the bottles.

"Oh, I like this one," he said as he uncorked it.

"You've had it before?" she tried to sound casual.

"Mhm."


"In Australia?"

"Yes."


She got quiet, imagining all the dates he might have been on with beautiful Australian women. Weren't Australians supposed to be blond, tanned and absolutely gorgeous?

He noticed her silence and poured her a glass of wine.

"So, why don't you jump in the shower? It felt wonderful, really freshened me up. I'll watch dinner."

"I think I'll take you up on that," she answered and smiled at him.

Harry walked over to the refrigerator and looked at what they had to choose from. The man he had rented the house from had surely not disappointed them. There was plenty of food, cheese, strawberries, chocolate and….

Harry jumped and pulled out his wand, startled by Hermione's scream. "Oh forgot to tell you, there's no hot water!" he yelled, laughing as he put his wand back in his pants.

"Thanks!" she sarcastically shouted back from inside the bathroom.

He grabbed a baguette and decided to make some garlic bread. It would go great with the rosemary chicken Hermione had in the oven. He whipped some cream and but it in a bowl in the fridge, it would go lovely with the strawberries. Harry grabbed his glass of wine and walked out on the deck. He stared out at the ocean and closed his eyes as he listened to the waves. The smell of the saltwater tickled his nose and he smiled.

He felt a pair of arms snuggle him from behind and he placed his hands on hers.

"That went quick."

"Well I wasn't really up for a long shower in cold water," she answered. Harry turned and looked at her and lost his breath. She wore a light yellow summer dress. It ended just above her knee and it danced around her legs as the wind blew. Her hair was wet from the shower and water was dripping from it.

"You are so beautiful Hermione." She stood on her toes and kissed him.

"I have to check the chicken," she said and turned around. Harry set the table out on the deck; he lit a candle in the middle and again looked out at the sea. It was intriguing and compelling.

---

"Cheers!" They gently touched their glasses together and took a sip.

"Wow, imagine, I could have been freezing my butt off right now at my parents house," Hermione said and looked out at the beach. Harry stared at her, the sun was starting to set and it looked like she was covered in gold. Her hair was curlier than ever since she had let it dry on its own. She had never looked as radiant.

"So, tell me about Jonathan." Hermione looked surprised at him and then took another sip.

"Let's clear the table first," she said, trying to change the subject, but Harry waved his wand and the food quickly disappeared. She changed sitting position and tucked her legs under her.

"He's not my boyfriend or anything," she started.

"Good to know," Harry interrupted, "wouldn't want him turning up asking me why I took his girlfriend abroad."

Hermione ignored his comment and continued:

"But we have been dating for a while. Well, we've only been out once since you've been back!" she added hastily. Harry didn't answer but listened closely. "I don't really know what to tell you, I never fancied him. I just agreed to go out with him. But don't worry about it."

"I'm not worried," Harry answered honestly, "I know you wouldn't have agreed to come here with me if you had feelings for someone else."

He got up and got the strawberries and whipped cream. "Yum," she shoved one in her mouth. "So, now you tell me, how many ladies were there in Australia?"

"Not many."

"But some?" Hermione instantly got jealous.

"Well, basically I went on a few dates, but it didn't lead anywhere. You know how I am with girls…"


"I'd rather not think about that," she sounded grumpy.

"I was going to say, that I really have to like a girl to go out with her, and I never liked anyone. Not like I like you." He looked attentively at her and she smiled.

"How did this happen, Harry? We were best friends and now we're… well, whatever we are, it is something new."

Harry chewed on a strawberry and then answered. "Honestly I think this was supposed to happen. I remember when I noticed that Ron liked you, I hated it. I thought it was because I didn't want to get left out, but the truth - I realize now - is that I couldn't stand him being with you."

"But you and Ginny…"

"Was just a crush. What did I know about love? I didn't know what it felt like or what I was looking for. I saw a pretty girl and…" Harry saw the hurt look on Hermione's face. "I always thought you were insanely beautiful, but in my mind it was almost forbidden to think about you like that. I told myself that we were friends and that was it. But it didn't take me long to realize the difference between my feelings for you and Ginny, or the difference between my feelings for you and Ron. Then outside the Three Broomsticks, well you know what happened. That kiss was…" He looked like he was looking for the right word.

"Life-altering?" Hermione suggested and she was surprised to hear herself say it.

"Exactly," he answered calmly. He looked deep into her eyes. "It was perfect and I couldn't get it out of my head for two years. When I returned and saw you, you had only become more beautiful…" He went silent again.

"Wow, Harry, listen to you expressing your feelings. You've always hated that!"

"Yeah, well, after the war I decided that I wanted to make the most out of life. It was so good for me to leave, it was the best decision I made."

She smiled sweetly at him. "Well, I guess I'm happy you left as well. Look at where it got us, after all," she agreed.

"I'm so glad I realized what I was feeling for you was… well… more than friendship. Not many people have something like this I believe."

"What do you mean?" Hermione reached for her glass and looked inquiringly at him.

"I see this light in you, Hermione. I just want to be around you, like I always have been, but in a different way. We are just so lucky that it's more, do you know what I mean?"

Her face felt hot, she didn't know if it was the conversation, the wine, the evening sun or that Harry just made her insides melt. She suspected that it was a combination of all four.

"Well, I guess I should tell you the truth as well," she started and Harry looked anxious. She smiled and continued. "I haven't been able to get you out of my mind for these two years. And to tell you the truth it started long before we kissed at your goodbye party. I never thought you could feel the same way about me. I still can't believe I am sitting here in this romantic place with you, it seems too good to be true."

"I know, it does feel that way, but you know what, I figure we've been through so much lately, we deserve this. It's not too good for us, it's just about time. Everyone thought you and I were going to marry…" their eyes met and Harry continued, "well… someone else, but we found each other."

She smiled; Harry did feel for her what she felt for him. She yawned widely.

"You're tired, let's get you to bed," Harry suggested and gave her his hand. She followed him into the bedroom but was suddenly frightened. What was going to happen now? Naturally they would sleep in the same bed, but what else?

She sat down on the bed and watched Harry undress. Her heart was beating faster than ever and as he unbuttoned his shirt and let it fall off his shoulders, she felt like she would pass out. He stepped out of his pants and was only in his boxers. He walked towards her and took her hands in his hands and gently kissed her. She leaned back and Harry climbed up on the bed and lay down next to her on his side. He started kissing her neck and it felt so wonderful. She moaned and ran a hand through his hair. She looked into his eyes and he kissed her again. As his tongue was exploring her warm mouth she felt as if she was drifting away, she felt an excitement so strong that she had never felt before. Harry moved on top of her again and she could feel his excitement. She gently pushed him off and sat up on the bed and panted, she felt like she couldn't breath.

"Are you okay?" he asked concerned, still lying down.

"I- I have to tell you something."

Harry sat up. Hermione turned to face him on the bed. This was going to be hard.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asked getting more worried.

"No." She gently caressed his cheek. "It's just, well this, what we're doing in this bed." He nodded. "Well, I haven't -you know, before."

It took Harry a few moments before he understood what she meant. "Oh." He looked surprised.

"Yeah." Hermione looked down at her hands; she felt slightly ashamed and wondered what Harry thought. Would he see her differently? She hated that her old insecurities would sometimes creep up, always afraid that people would see her as the geek, the book-worm without a life.

"That's okay, Hermione," he whispered and put his hand on her neck. He gently caressed it and continued: "We're in no hurry, right?" Hermione looked down at Harry's strained boxers and he started laughing. "Well, I can't help that," he continued

She smiled back at him. "So you really don't mind?"

"No, are you kidding? Why would I mind? Come here." He pulled her into a hug and they lay back down on the bed.

"Do you mind kissing for a few hours?" Harry suggested and lifted his eyebrows.

"I'd love that," Hermione said and pulled him down on over her.

---

Hermione was walking along the beach, the sand tickled her toes but she loved it. She walked out into the water and stopped when it reached her knees. The sun was bright and it burned her shoulders even though it was still morning. Further along the beach she had seen a few more houses and two children playing in the sand. She had watched them for a while; she used to always admire the happiness in children, how carefree they were. How truly happy they seemed to be, like there was no harm in the world. As she looked at them she realized that that was how she felt now. Like nothing could go wrong, at that moment right there on that beach she realized that she had everything she had ever wanted. She only started walking back towards the house when her stomach was growling too loudly for her to think. She found Harry on the deck reading the Daily Prophet.

"How did you get that?" she asked and sat down on the chair opposite of him.

"First of all, good morning. Second of all," he leaned forward and kissed her lips. She smiled foolishly. "Hediwg can find me where ever I go," he continued.

"Smart bird."

"Yeah. I like the smart birds," he winked at her.

She got up and walked into the kitchen and started making breakfast. Some English muffins would do, it was almost time for lunch anyway. She walked back outside and gave Harry his muffin.

"It's Christmas Eve today," she said more to herself than to Harry. He put down the paper and looked at her.


"Do you wish you were with you parents?"

"No, not at all, this is the best vacation I've ever had," she beamed and he smiled back at her.

Harry got up and stretched. "I'm going for a run, wanna come?"

"No way, I'm here to rest."

She watched Harry jump from the deck and start running. His physic was like nothing it ever had been; it was enjoyable to just watch him.

As he was running Hermione got ready. She pulled out one of her favourite summer dresses. It was white with small, pink flowers embroidered on it. She usually found these kinds of dresses a bit too girly for her, but it felt fitting at this beautiful place. She put her hair in a braid and sat back on the deck with a book.

As Harry arrived back he had his t-shirt off and Hermione looked at his sweaty chest. Harry smiled, he couldn't help but notice her stares.

"I'm taking a shower, want to join me?" he said and winked at her.

"Oh - I, no." Her cheeks got slightly pink and she looked back down at her book.

---

They took the car into town that evening. They had dinner at a lovely little seafood restaurant. All through dinner they cast loving glances at each other and caressed each others hands.

"We should stay here forever," Harry said, he saw that Hermione looked somewhat sad.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing. I just can't help but think about what they will say at home you know. Will Ron and Ginny hate us?"

Harry took her hand in his. "Listen, Hermione, they wanted us to be apart but it didn't work. What's between us is too strong, they'll realize that."

He leaned over the table and kissed her. Hermione looked at the other patrons around her, she figured they were all Muggles. A woman smiled sweetly at them, and Hermione smiled back.

---

When they returned to the house they took a moonlight walk on the beach, fingers entwined. They walked silently, just enjoying the moment.

"So will you pass your flying test?" Harry asked her after a while.

"No, not as it is at the moment. But if you give me more of your brilliant lessons I should be good. I wonder if it's considered cheating that you help me…."


"Well, I'm not helping you on the test, I'm just training you. That's fine. I'm going to help Mary when we get back as well."

Hermione looked up at him. "Oh are you now?"

He stopped walking and smiled at her. "Jealous?"

"No!"

They continued walking in silence for a few minutes.

"She thinks you're gorgeous, you know," Hermione declared.

"I don't care Hermione." She was content with that answer.

---

Both of them had gotten quite cold after their long walk on the beach and Hermione was making tea while Harry was lighting the fire. He couldn't get the moist wood to catch fire and finally he just pointed his wand and the flames burst to life.

"That's cheating," Hermione joked as she walked in from the kitchen. She sat down on the floor in front of the fire and Harry came out from the bedroom carrying a blanket. He wrapped it around them both.

"I wish tomorrow wasn't our last full day here," Hermione said and pouted her lip.

Harry nodded while looking into the fire. Hermione leaned her head against his shoulder. "Harry?"

"Yeah," he answered still looking into the fire.

"Could we stay a few more days?"

"Yes," he answered simply.

She lifted her head from her his shoulder and leaned forward to look at his face. "Are you serious?" He looked back at her and smiled.

"Why not? These two days have been brilliant. I know we were supposed to stay only three nights, but let's stay a few more!"

---

The next morning, Harry talked to the owner of the house and he was only happy to rent them the house for as long as they wanted. Christmas day passed quickly, never in her life had Hermione spent Christmas in a bathing suit on the beach. She loved it! The fact that Harry was tanning next to her half-naked didn't hurt at all. They were lying on a blanket on the deck. Hermione was in a summer dress, reading a book. Harry sat up and put his t-shirt on and was about to leave, he looked at Hermione and changed is mind.

Harry leaned forward and kissed Hermione gently, it only took her a moment to deepen the kiss. The taste of Harry drove her completely insane. Harry pulled back and eyed her closely.

"You are so beautiful", he whispered so softly it was barely audible. He caressed both her cheeks with his hands and pulled her into a kiss.


"Take me to the bedroom," she mumbled while kissing. Harry lifted her from the floor and carried her to the bedroom. He gently placed her on the bed and still standing he pulled off his shirt. Hermione sat up and let her hand touch his chest. She put both her hands over her head and Harry pulled her dress over her head. He climbed into the bed and as Hermione felt his weight on her she welcomed the feeling. She ran both her hands down his back as he kissed her neck. She moaned loudly and it spurred Harry to keep at what he was doing. He steadied himself on his elbow.

"Are you sure?"

She just smiled slightly and then pulled him down again and hungrily kissed him.

Hermione slowly ran her hands down Harry's back, feeling his muscles tense under her touch was making her more excited. She moved along with his slow moment and for a moment it almost felt like they were dancing. As Harry lowered his lips from her neck to her breasts Hermione couldn't hold the moan escaping her lips. He looked up at her and shot her a sexy smile. He gently caressed her breast with his other hand and Hermione arched her back and Harry took the opportunity to slide her underwear off of her. He slowly climbed up and gently kissed her lips again.

"You are so wonderful," he whispered between kisses.

Hermione put her hand on Harry's cheek and turned his head, his neck was exposed and she hungrily attacked it. She enjoyed hearing the similar moans from Harry, to the ones she had recently done.

"Like that, do you?" she whispered in his ear.

"Mhm."

Harry raised himself back up and pulled of his boxers, and for a moment Hermione felt a small shiver of fear. Harry lowered himself again and Hermione let out a small gasp as he felt Harry's hands travel down between her legs. She soon relaxed at his touch, and it only took her a few moments to start enjoy what he was doing.

"Does that feel OK?" he asked softly.

She didn't answer, but Harry took her closed eyes and her panting as a good sign. Her panting became faster and harder and Harry loved seeing her like this.

"Oh my God," she mumbled and arched harder against him. Her nails dug into his shoulder and Harry kissed her neck harder. He felt her quiver slightly and then release the breath she had been holding. He felt that she was ready for him, and hesitated for a moment. She opened her eyes as she felt him stop his movement.

"I want you to make love to me," she said. She assured him again with a nod and winced as she felt Harry enter her.

"Are you okay?"

She tried to smile encouragingly at him. "Are you?" she whispered back.

He kissed her softly again, his tongue softly trailing her lips. He started moving a bit faster and Hermione tensed again.

"Am I hurting you?" Harry stopped moving.

Hermione pushed away the hair in his face with both hands. She lifted her hands and kissed him hard and intensely. Harry started moving again, faster and faster. Hermione looked at his chest heaving and was incredibly turned on by the sight of Harry naked on top of her. Harry moaned loudly as he came, and collapsed over her.

He lay with his head on Hermione's chest, still very much out of breath. He looked up at her.

"Are you OK?"

"How many times are you going to ask me?" Hermione laughed.

"I'm just worried about you," he answered as he slid off and out of her, lying on his side next to her.

"Well, I won't tell you that that was a pleasant experience," she admitted.

"I know. That's why I wanted to make sure you had a nice time before we made love."

She nodded. "You did a good job of making sure," she reassured him and Harry smiled proudly.

"Don't worry, it'll get better," Harry promised.


"Oh, so you think I'll want to give it another go, huh?" she teased.

"I sure hope so, because I thought that was wonderful. You were wonderful, you felt wonderful, and you taste wonderful." He mumbled between the kisses he was planting on her sweaty neck.

"Well, we have a few more days left at the house, gives us lots of time to practice."

"Are you saying I need practice?" Harry joked back and looked up at her.

"I wouldn't know, now would I?" Hermione leaned forward and kissed him again.

"Goodnight," Harry said and rolled on his back, Hermione put her head on is chest and he held her.

"I think you're wonderful, too, Harry."

-->