Unofficial Portkey Archive

Tears from the moon by leedee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Tears from the moon

leedee

AN: First of all I want to say thanks for the reviews, they are greatly appreciated. Second I want to thank my beta Chelsey! I also would like to make one thing clear, I might have been a bit unclear about this in the story: Hermione is not in a relationship with Jonathan, they had just been on a few dates and she had told Harry that it wasn't working. So Harry is not being a creep, stealing Jonathan's girlfriend

-

-

-

Chapter Seven

-

-

-

Two days later, November turned to December and the snow started falling over London. Hermione knew she would meet Harry in training soon and she had no idea how to handle it. They hadn't talked about what happened at the pub, but she knew Ron had gotten to Harry as well.

At the moment one of Hermione's favourite subjects was taking place: History of the Aurors. They were reading about the first Aurors and practically every single Auror since. The doors opened and Harry and Cian entered, Hermione and Harry's eyes immediately met but Harry quickly looked away. They took over the class and started telling the class about the importance of knowing Auror history.

"If one does not know the past of our job, one can not understand the importance of it today. Many great Aurors have sacrificed their lives, or mental health, for us to live in a free world. If we just relax and believe the hard part is over - they have wasted their lives. We must fight everyday to remain, or strive to be as good as they were. Take, for instance, the great aurors Alice and Frank Longbottom…" Harry started telling them about the great work the two had done and Hermione listened intently. For a moment her mind wandered to Neville and she felt sorry for him, he - as Harry - knew the loss of parents.

Cian took over and started telling them about a Spanish Auror who lost his life bravely. Harry sat down on the teacher's desk and Hermione looked at him. He was leaning on one of his arms and looking at Cian. His arms looked strong and Hermione wondered what it would feel like to caress them. She followed his arms up to his shoulders - had they always been that broad? She got a glance in her mind of being on Harry's broom with him. Her classmate, Mary, passed her a note.

Harry is gorgeous; I could just eat him up! Is he single?

Hermione smiled and didn't answer the question. He is gorgeous, she thought as she returned to staring at him. Her eyes now landed on his neck, what did it taste like? As she moved up to his face, she suddenly saw that he was looking right at her.

She quickly looked down at the table, her cheeks felt hot.

How embarrassing!

She didn't dare look at Harry again until the class was over. She hurried to pack her things and got ready to leave, it was time for physical training again.

"Hermione, could you stay a moment?" Harry asked discreetly. She stood silently waiting for the class to leave. Mary winked at her as she left. "Are you okay?" Harry asked when everyone had left.

"Sure."

"I haven't heard from you all week."

"Well, I haven't heard from you either," she answered. He nodded and took a step closer to her.

"What happened with Ron outside the pub?" Harry finally got the courage to ask. He felt nervous as he was watching Hermione lean against the wall. She looked very uncomfortable being alone with him.

"Everything went straight to hell," she whispered and Harry was surprised to hear Hermione swear like that. "I should go, I can't be late for training." Harry reached out and grabbed her hand.


"It's all very confusing isn't it?" he asked. She nodded without looking at him. He pulled her hand again and she allowed herself to be taken into Harry's arms. She took in his scent and felt drunk.

"Oh, Harry," she mumbled into his shoulder, it was as if every nerve in her body was alive. She had never felt her shoulders tingle before, it felt odd. She looked up at him and he had a serious expression.

"What are we doing?" he whispered.

"I don't know."

He leaned down and placed his lips on hers. He carefully placed his hand on the back of her head and pulled her closer into the kiss. Hermione didn't protest, it just felt too good. The taste of Harry was sweeter than anything she had ever felt, the warmth of him made her heart beat fast and she almost felt ashamed of the lust rising inside of her.

She was five minutes late for training and the professor made her run twice as long as the others but she didn't mind. It had been worth it!

---

Harry was unpacking boxes in his new apartment. He hadn't got to it yet since he was so busy with training. He had invited Ron to come over later that evening and he wondered how it would go. He had to try to explain to Ron that he wanted to see Hermione. He knew her better than any girl in the world and he never grew tired of her. She fascinated him, she was so smart and their connection was undeniable. They had amazing chemistry and Harry could just look at her for hours. He thought about her sparkling eyes and got a stomach-ache. But what if Ron couldn't understand? What would happen? He'd been having these thoughts over and over. It felt like he was practicing a speech, yet he felt like he shouldn't have to justify his feelings for Hermione. Still, Ron had been in love with her for so long… which was understandable.

Ron arrived carrying a cake. "Mum sent it," he mumbled. He walked into the living room and looked around. Harry had been quite lucky to find this flat; it was much larger than Hermione's and close to the ministry. He had two bedrooms - one which he used as a library. He had a large bathroom with a tub. The living room was a bit on the smaller side, but Harry didn't mind.

"Sorry `bout the mess."

"That's nothing. You should have seen our apartment - Ginny's and mine - when we moved in. Mum finally cleaned it for us." They looked at each other, slightly self-conscious and Ron sat down on one of the boxes. "I know you've asked me to come so we can talk about… her."

Harry sat down on a box opposite Ron, he tried to read Ron's expression. "Yes," he answered simply.

"I know you two have been seeing each other, stopping by The Burrow after flying around. Spending time together at the training and stuff…"

"You're wrong!" Harry spoke up. "Yeah, we have been seeing each other, but not in the way you think. Remember that she's my best friend, as are you Ron."

"You never had feelings for her before!" Ron sounded like he was accusing Harry.

"That's not true. There was always something there…I just never knew what it was."

"So you fancied her when I liked her as well?"


"Nothing ever happened…" Ron interrupted Harry.

"That's not true! I saw you! I saw you at the goodbye party, kissing."

Harry went silent, he had no idea anyone had seen them. "I won't deny it, but that was the first time we kissed-"

"But not the last?" Ron ran a hand through his hair and continued. "Please Harry, please. Not her, anyone but her."

Harry felt devastated, how could he refuse his best friend who had been loyal to him all this years. Ron was like his own brother.

"Ron, listen for just a moment, OK? I really, really like her, this isn't just something that happened. And I'm sorry, but I think she feels the same way. What we both want more than anything is that no one gets hurt. But this thing between us, it won't just go away."

Ron got up and kicked one of the boxes in frustration.

"Well, what am I supposed to say, Harry?"

Harry shrugged.

"Well I can't stop you two," Ron continued, "but I won't say that I'm happy."

Harry felt somewhat content with the answer. "Let's go and get some food at Diagon Alley, I heard a new place opened up next to Ollivanders," Harry suggested.

Ron shook his head. "Nah, I think I'll go home."

"Ron…"


Ron held up a hand. "I'll be fine."

---

Christmas was approaching and Hermione was very busy with training and exams before the Christmas holiday. Everyone was invited to The Burrow for Christmas, but Hermione had declined, saying that she would spend Christmas with her own parents. She felt uncomfortable being there with the way things were at the moment. She wanted the tension to die down and she didn't know what Harry had told Ron. She didn't know if the rest the Weasley's knew. She didn't even know what they could know, Harry and her hadn't even discussed it yet. She didn't want to rush Harry into a discussion about it - she knew from the past that talking about feelings wasn't his favourite thing to do.

She was, however, fairly sure he felt something for her, and it had to be something special for him to tell Ron about it. She hadn't seen Harry for the past week and her instructor had told them that he and Cian had been sent to Scotland to assist in something confidential.

As she was packing her bags to go to her parents she was looking forward to some rest, she felt she deserved it. Hopefully she would be able to keep her mind of Harry for a while as well, not that she minded daydreaming about him - but she just wasn't getting enough done. She was going to meet Harry for lunch at a little restaurant at Diagon Alley before she left, though. He had sent an owl to her the night before.

As she entered and saw Harry sitting at the table, she felt butterflies again. He hadn't seen her but was playing with his fork, spinning it against the table using wand-less magic.

"You shouldn't brag like that," she said as she announced her presence and he dropped the fork.

"And you shouldn't scare an Auror like that, you never know what hex might hit you," he answered and stood up and gently kissed her cheek. They both lingered a moment longer than they had to and enjoyed each other's closeness. Once they sat down, they ordered their food and started talking about everyday things, small things that weren't too uncomfortable.

"So, where have you been? I know it's confidential but…"

"Oh, please, like I wouldn't tell you," he smiled at her, "I've been in Scotland helping the Aurors survey an underground group of wizards selling illegal potions. It was a complete waste of time, turned out to be young wizards selling fake potions."

"Well at least you got out of the awful training building. I'd do anything to just get a way for a while." Harry went silent and looked like he was contemplating something.

"You'll just feel like that while you are in the training. Before you know it training will be over and you'll kind of miss it."

"Miss it? Ha!"

He smiled at her again. He couldn't help but admirer her, she was such a fighter. He looked at her hand on the table and reached out and put his own hand on it. Hermione didn't pull it away but turned it and let their fingers intertwine. They both watched their hands and then smiled at each other.

"This is just a thought… I know you're spending Christmas with you mum and dad and all… But I have been thinking about going away for Christmas, maybe somewhere warm…" He looked at her, hoping she would understand.

"Yes?"

"Well I would love to just go away with you for a while and forget everything back here in London. Probably a stupid idea but-"

"I would love that!" Hermione really did love the idea. A weekend away with Harry would be glorious. She especially loved the idea of doing something impulsive, and since if was such a rare happening for her she loved it even more that it was with Harry.

"Really? We could leave tomorrow morning! But what will you tell your parents?"

She thought for a second and then said:

"I'll just tell them that I'm going away to relax from training, that is partly the truth!"

Harry looked like he couldn't quite believe she was serious. "You have changed!" he stated.

"You've already told me that," she smiled sweetly. "Are you complaining? We could always spend Christmas at the library." She squeezed his hands lightly.

"Maybe for New Years," he smiled and took a sip of his butterbeer.

They eagerly finished dinner and then parted. Hermione had to repack her whole bag; she wanted to bring a bit nicer things than the comfy sweats she had packed.

---

Harry arrived in a taxi early the next morning; Hermione still didn't know where they were going she just knew they were going somewhere warm.

"Where to?" she asked curiously.

"We are going to use the ministry's apparition station since we are going so far.

"Going far, are we?" she widened her eyes and Harry smiled at her. "So, who knows we are leaving?" she asked.

"No one. Not one single soul," he sounded happy as he said it.

They used the ministry's apparition station and when they arrived at their destination an old car was waiting for them. Hermione followed Harry while he levitated her bags to the car.


"Now we drive for two hours," he told her as he climbed in.

Harry enjoyed stealing glances of Hermione. She had fallen asleep in the seat next to him. He looked out at the beautiful scenery outside. They sure were far away from snowy and cold London. Outside the car a landscape in almost gold passed by. The sun was burning hot and the waves were crashing into the cliffs on the side of the car.

They arrived at their target and Harry gently stroked Hermione's arm.

"We're here," he whispered and her eyes slowly started to flutter. She gasped loudly and stared at the scene before her. They had arrived at a white little beach house without any neighbours. In front of the house were miles of white sand, though the house itself was situated on grass. She saw the brick chimney on the side of the house and the old grey front porch. She jumped out of the car and ran toward the house.

"This place is unbelievable!" she screamed and continued running. Harry ran after her and laughed, he had never seen her like this. She ran inside the house and quickly glanced around, a small kitchen with a living room area, no TV - good! A small bedroom, a bathroom with a tub. It was perfect! She turned around quickly and ran out of the front door in such haste that she almost knocked Harry over. She ran all the way down to the water where she fell down to her knees.

"I have never seen anything this beautiful!" she gasped as Harry reached her. He sat down on the sand next to her.

"I have," he answered and put his hand behind her head and pulled her closer.

"Thank you Harry, thank you so much for this!" she closed the distance between him and kissed him. She pulled back and looked at him, the sun was reflecting in his glasses and he was squinting.

"I'm hungry," she whispered and kissed his cheek.

"Well, I think we will find the fridge stocked, or would you rather drive down to the small village and eat at a restaurant?"


"Are you kidding, I never want to leave this place," she beamed. They got up to leave and Hermione took Harry's hand in hers. He tugged and as she stumbled into his side, he put his arms around her shoulder and kissed the top of her head.

-->