Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Grand Adventure by Searcy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Grand Adventure

Searcy

A Grand Adventure

Summer's End

Normally the Grangers would have taken several weeks off and spent the time in some exotic locale. The Grangers had planned to spend this year's holiday in Australia but after speaking with Dumbledore and agreeing to have Harry stay for the summer the family had happily changed their plans. Dumbledore had cautioned the Grangers against venturing too far from the auspices of the Order's protection so long as Harry was a fixture in their household. So the week following Harry's birthday Jonathan and Emma left the practice in the capable hands of their associates and took two weeks off for a family holiday. They piled Hermione and Harry into the car and headed up to London.

Seeing as how Harry'd never gone on an actual holiday Emma thought it would be fun if they all acted as if they'd never been to London and behave like tourists. It didn't take much convincing to get the others to play along. The foursome spent their days seeing the sights; they went to the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, they also took in the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, London Bridge, the Tower of London, the London Eye and Madame Tussauds. They visited the National Gallery, the Museum of London, the Natural History Museum and the Tate Gallery. The evenings were filled with a variety of activity as well. They popped into the theatre and took in Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables and The Mousetrap (Emma made sure that Jonathan didn't spoil it for Harry). They dined everywhere from Planet Hollywood near Leicester Square to Indigo in Convent Gardens to Pissaros.

The morning they were set to leave London Harry and the Grangers ventured into Diagon Alley to collect his and Hermione's school things. The trip into the wizarding world was very subdued as Diagon Alley was virtually empty. Harry and the Grangers were accompanied by a personal guard of Order members that included Mad Eye Moody and Kingsley Shacklebolt. The ride home was a somber one; everyone seemed to be lost in their own thoughts.

By the time Jonathan, Emma, Hermione and Harry arrived home and got themselves settled it was early afternoon. After a quick lunch Jonathan and Emma headed to the office to check in and to catch up on paperwork. Harry and Hermione could spend the afternoon finishing off the last of their summer homework or they could hang out by the pool. They decided to wile away the afternoon lounging by the pool and after a quick trip upstairs to change the pair made their way to the pool. Hermione flopped down on a lounge chair and pulled out a book while Harry dove straight into the pool. After about a quarter of an hour Harry levered his wiry frame out of the water and padded dripping wet over to where Hermione was perched on the lounge chair.

"I thought the point of swimming was to actually swim."

Hermione replied without looking up.

"As I recall we decided to spend the afternoon lounging by the pool, nothing was ever discussed about actually swimming."

"But it's a given when you say you're going to lounge by the pool that you plan to get in the water."

"Nothing is given if it is not explicitly stated and I never made any allusion to getting wet."

At that comment Harry asked.

"So you don't plan on getting wet then?"

Hermione shook her head and answered back saying.

"I'm enjoying the sun far too much to go getting wet."

Harry replied with a hint of mischievousness "Uh-huh". Before Hermione could fully process the meaning of Harry's grunting reply she found herself being lifted off the lounge and borne through the air towards the pool. She let out a shriek as Harry jumped into the cool depths. Hermione emerged spluttering from the water and sent a large splashing wave of water into Harry's face as his head broke above the water. This set off an immediate retaliation by Harry. For the next several minutes the quiet afternoon was rent by the splashing and laughter of the two teens. The duo made their way to the side of the pool breathlessly where Harry smiled cheekily at Hermione and said.

"Guess you changed your mind about getting wet."

Hermione smacked Harry on the shoulder and replied with a single word.

"Git!"

Harry chuckled at Hermione's remark as he pressed her up against the side of the pool. Hermione smiled as she slipped her hands underneath the water and began to trace her fingers across the hard planes of Harry's abdomen; at the feel of her hands on his bare skin Harry sucked in a breath of air. Hermione's smile widened as she continued to run her hands across his chest and arms. She playfully nibbled the pulse point at the base of Harry's neck an action which elicited a moan from Harry. Smiling wickedly Hermione trailed kisses across Harry's neck and shoulders; Harry slipped his fingers into Hermione's dripping brown curls and drew her mouth to his in a deep passionate kiss. They kissed passionately for several minutes before they broke apart. Harry took in the sight of Hermione's full pouty lips slightly swollen from his kisses, her smooth sun-kissed skin, the rise of her full breasts and thought to himself how absolutely gorgeous Hermione was. Wrapping his arms around her he pulled Hermione snugly into his arms. His mouth sought hers and they kissed. His right hand caressed her thigh as it inched its way to the bare scrap of cloth that covered her center, he lowered his head and slowly licked the rise of her breasts as he deftly released the tie of her swimsuit top with his left hand. Hermione half-moaned half-whispered his name.

"Harry."

His response was a deep breathy whisper as he busied himself with caressing her bits as he flicked his tongue gently across her exposed hardened nipples and whispered emphatically.

"Gods, you're beautiful."

Harry drew her nipple into his mouth and began to suckle on it as if his very life depended on it, Hermione knotted her hands into fists in his hair pulling his head closer to her chest. He gently slipped his hand inside her bikini bottoms and continued his torturous caresses. Hermione shuddered and her breathing quickened as Harry kissed and caressed her body, the desire he was creating in her was unbelievable.

Harry wrapped his arms around Hermione and hoisted her out of the water. He walked over to the lounge chair and gently laid her down. Harry relieved both Hermione and himself of their remaining items of clothing. Hermione placed her hands on either side of Harry's face and drew him towards her, she wrapped her legs around his waist, Harry saw the unspoken desire in her eyes he dipped his head and their mouths met in a kiss as Hermione raised her hips and he entered her. His hands found hers and they intertwined as he moved above her, lovingly kissing her face as he pumped inside her. Hermione tightened her hold on Harry urging him deeper, their moans and grunts of rapture floated through the afternoon air as they each found their own release.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The last weeks of the summer hols sped by in a haze of activity for Hermione and Harry and before either of them knew it September 1st was a scant two days away. Preparation for the trip to Kings Cross set off a flurry of activity at the Granger home. Emma Granger went into a tizzy much like the ones Harry had seen Molly Weasley fly into over the years. She had Jonathan to haul down their trunks and all their books and assorted school supplies. While Jonathan was at that Emma set about making sure that every robe, shirt, skirt, sock and pair of trousers was washed, starched, pressed and neatly folded in piles. Once that was done Emma set about making sure that each trunk was packed securely and neatly. Witnessing the process explained where Hermione got her penchant for thoroughness from.

The morning of September 1st arrived and an excited Hermione bounded into the kitchen early that morning and was shocked to find Harry sitting at the table fully dressed nursing a steaming cup of tea with a rather morose expression covering his face. Hermione walked over to where Harry was sitting and dropped into the chair beside his and softly called out.

"Good Morning Harry."

Harry looked up and a smile covered his face as he answered back solemnly.

"Morning Hermione."

Hermione frowned at his tone and continued her querying.

"You sound rather depressed, what's wrong?"

Harry took a deep breath and expelled it before responding.

"I've just been thinking about us and how things have changed between us and how that changes everything else."

Hermione's stomach gave an uneasy flip.

"Harry if you're trying to call things off because of what you're facing I'm telling you right now I won't have it…"

Harry could see that Hermione was winding herself up to give him a right dressing down so he turned to face her and grabbing both her hands in his and interrupted her flow of speech by saying.

"Hermione I'm not trying to call things off with you. If I honestly believed that keeping you at a distance would keep you safe I'd do it in a heartbeat but you've been by my side so long you'd be a target whether we're a couple or not."

Harry paused and then added.

"Besides I rather like this new dimension to our relationship."

Hermione leaned in and throwing her arms around Harry's neck and kissed him soundly. The kiss ended and Hermione leaned back and posed a question.

"If you weren't thinking of calling things off what were you worrying over?"

Harry sighed as he replied.

"Ron…"

Hermione began to bite at her lower lip nervously. Harry continued.

"He may not have ever said anything but its obvious that Ron really fancies you and I'm sure that he's not going to happy about us."

Hermione moved closer to Harry and kissed him lightly on the cheek and said.

"It'll be difficult I know but Ron will come round…he always does in the end."

Harry nodded.

"Yeah he does doesn't he."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ron Weasley scanned the mass of young witches and wizards as he strolled down platform nine and three quarters, searching for a sign of his best friends. As he pushed his way through the crowd, Ron garnered more than a few dirty looks as he trod on the feet of several of his unsuspecting schoolmates. Ron continued his appraisal of the crowd searching for a sign of Harry and Hermione. This had been the first summer the trio hadn't spent at least a week together since they began Hogwarts. Ron had been at the Burrow all summer long while Harry had been at Hermione's. Ron had asked his parents when Harry and Hermione were coming to stay with them but he'd never gotten a straight answer. His parents would say things like "We'll see" and "We'll have to ask Dumbledore about that" but the whole summer had passed without there meeting and now as they were set to return to Hogwarts Ron was getting anxious to see his friends.

Ron looked up towards the entrance to platform nine and three quarters and caught sight of Mad Eye Moody and Nymphadora Tonks along with Hermione's parents. A smile lit Ron's face as he then caught sight of Harry and Hermione making their way down the platform in his direction. He was about to call out to them when he noticed that his best friends were holding hands as they drew closer. The implication of the gesture is clear and Ron barely has a moment to collect himself before Harry and Hermione are standing in front of him.

"Hello Ron."

Ron nodded and in a quiet voice replied.

"Hello Hermione…Harry."

"Hello Ron."

Before anything more could be said among the friends they were descended upon by the Grangers, Weasleys and members of the Order. Summer hols are rehashed and before long the mad dash to board the train begins. Ron and Hermione say their goodbyes to their families and Harry is hugged and kissed by both Emma and Molly and has his hands wrung by Jonathan, Arthur and Mad Eye Moody. After having said their goodbyes the trio boarded the train and Hermione made her way to the front of the train to prepare for the prefects meeting. Harry decided to take the opportunity to speak with Ron, cautiously he began.

"Ron…about Hermione and me…I…"

Ron interrupted Harry's words with a shake of his head and said.

"It's always been you mate…any fool could see that by the way she fusses over you…"

Ron paused for a moment then added.

"Just be good to her or I'll kick your bloody arse."

Harry nodded his head and smiled as he clapped Ron on the back and the two headed in search of an empty compartment.

-->