Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Grand Adventure by Searcy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Grand Adventure

Searcy

A Grand Adventure

Friendly Exchanges

When Jonathan and Emma Granger had purchased the English Country house at 423 Meridian Way they decided to restructure the house to make it more of a reflection of the lifestyle they led. They also wanted to turn the house into a warm and inviting place in which to raise their then three year-old daughter. Thus, the Grangers had conducted a major renovation of the 1920s style home before moving in. One of their major changes was to reorganize the "upstairs-downstairs" hierarchy of space. Jonathan and Emma had the servants' quarters of the house gutted and in its place built a family room and a large eat in kitchen that overlooked the refurbished walled-in garden. Large glass windows and doors flooded the area with light while extending the space onto the outdoor terrace.

Since the moment the family had moved in, that space had been Hermione's favorite. There was an alcove that housed a cushioned window seat that Hermione had clambered up on at the age of three and thirteen years later had not relinquished. She was often found sitting in that window seat with a book or some other employment basking in the warmth of the sun. So no one in the Granger household found it strange to see Hermione curled up with her laptop perched on her knees, eyes frantically crisscrossing the screen as she read.

Masturbation refers to sexual stimulation, especially of one's own genitals (self masturbation) and often to the point of orgasm, which is performed manually, by other types of bodily contact (except for sexual intercourse), by use of objects or tools, or by some combination of these methods. Masturbation is the most common form of autoeroticism, and the two words are often used as synonyms, although masturbation with a partner (mutual masturbation) is also common.

Hermione's cheeks reddened with a flush of heat at the thought of pleasuring herself in Harry's presence while he repeated the scene she'd seen play out the evening before.

Ways of masturbating common to members of both sexes include pressing or rubbing the genital area, either with the fingers or against an object such as a pillow; inserting fingers or an object into the anus (anal masturbation); and stimulating the penis or vulva with electric vibrators, which may also be inserted into the vagina or anus. Members of both sexes may also enjoy touching, rubbing, or pinching the nipples or other erogenous zones while masturbating. Both sexes sometimes apply lubricating substances to intensify sensation.

Reading or viewing pornography, or sexual fantasy, are often common adjuncts to masturbation. Often people will call upon memories during masturbation.

Had that really been what Harry was doing? Had he really been picturing when he'd been in the throes of pleasure? In the moment when he had called out her name had he really been picturing her like that? Hermione pressed her thighs closer together and shook her head to clear it as she refocused her attention on the screen of her laptop.

Men and women may masturbate until they are close to orgasm, stop for a while to reduce excitement, and then resume masturbating. They may repeat this cycle multiple times. Called "edging", this "stop and go" build up can achieve even stronger orgasms. Rarely, people quit stimulation just before orgasm to retain the heightened energy that normally comes down after orgasm. Doing this could lead to temporary discomfort due to pelvic congestion.

Male masturbation techniques are also influenced by a number of factors and personal preferences. Techniques may also differ between circumcised and uncircumcised males, as some techniques which may work for one can often be quite painful for the other.

Hermione vaguely wondered what Harry's preferred technique was. From her little peek the previous day she knew that he was circumcised. Quickly her eyes skimmed down to the next passage.

The most common male masturbation technique is simply to hold the penis with a loose fist and then to move the hand up and down the shaft until orgasm and ejaculation take place. The speed of the hand motion will vary from person to person, although it is not uncommon for the speed to increase as ejaculation nears and for it to decrease during the ejaculation itself. When uncircumcised, stimulation of the penis in this way comes from the "pumping" of the foreskin. This gliding motion of the foreskin reduces friction. When circumcised, there is more direct contact between the hand and the glans, thus a personal lubricant is sometimes used to reduce friction. Sometimes, if too much pressure is applied, it may be rubbed sore for a time.

Hermione was so intently focused on her reading that she didn't notice the side door of the terrace open as Nora and Camille invited themselves inside. The two girls stood behind Hermione reading over her shoulder for several minutes before Nora spoke.

"Not that it doesn't make for interesting reading but why exactly are you reading about masturbation?"

Hermione emitted a squeak as she jumped in her seat. The movement upset the laptop that had been rather precariously balanced on her knees; she just managed to catch it before it crashed to the floor. Once she'd righted herself Hermione turned round to face her friends and in a snippy tone asked.

"Honestly, don't you two knock?"

"No."

Nora and Camille answered in unison as they took up seats on either side of Hermione. Camille took the laptop from Hermione's hands and flipping it open began reading. Nora reasserted her question from earlier.

"You never said why were you looking up masturbation?"

Before Hermione could answer Camille interjected.

"That isn't all our dear Hermione has been researching. She's also been looking up sexual intercourse and various sexual positions."

Camille scrolled further down the page and clicked a few items. Suddenly she exclaimed.

"Bloody hell these pictures are animated!"

Nora leaned across Hermione and stared at the computer screen. Her eyes widened as she took in the sight of a 3-D animation that showed a couple on a bed. The woman was lying atop the man, her back to his chest. The man's hand was stroking the woman's clitoris as his penis slid in and out of her vagina. Nora leaned back and looking at Hermione in complete and utter astonishment screeched.

"Hermione Jean Granger…reading up on masturbation…looking at very graphic…very detailed 3-D images of sexual positions…what in the world are you doing?!"

Hermione snatched the laptop from Camille's hands and snapped it shut as she admonished.

"Keep your voice down!"

Nora snapped back.

"Answer my question!"

Instead of Hermione it was Camille who answered.

"Really Nora stop acting like you're her mum. It's obvious enough what she's doing. The question is why she is doing it."

Camille directed her gaze towards Hermione and asked in her best imitation of a clinician's voice.

"Has something happened that you would like to share with the group?"

Hermione sighed and asked.

"Can we just say I was a bit curious after our conversation yesterday and leave it at that?"

Both girls shook their heads no as Hermione had known they would and proceeded to tell them what had transpired after she'd sent them off home. She was careful to recite the sounds of the episode and not what she had seen. She'd rather Nora and Camille not know that she'd seen Harry masturbating or that seeing him had excited her so that she had run off to her own room and made rather good use of the vibrator Camille had given her as a birthday present at the start of last term. It was completely silent for a full two minutes following Hermione's explanation. When the silence was broken it was Camille, who in the sincerest voice Hermione had ever heard her use asked.

"So all of this research is to get you ready for the big moment?"

It took a moment for Camille's insinuation to sink in. When it did Hermione jumped to her feet and sitting the laptop on the window seat replied.

"Of course not! Do you honestly think that's what I've been doing…planning how to get Harry into bed!"

Camille looked askance at Hermione and Nora before responding.

"Yes actually I did. What other reason could you have for launching a research project on the finer points of masturbation and sexual positions if you weren't going to be using them on the bloke who is sleeping down the hall from you having a wank to the sight of you in a bikini?!"

"Well it certainly wasn't for that!"

Hermione turned and strode out the open terrace door. Camille and Nora quickly followed. Camille called after Hermione.

"Why wouldn't you?!"

Hermione turned to look at Camille as she finished her query.

"Why wouldn't you be with him…it's obvious that's what you want. And from what you've said he wouldn't mind being with you either..."

Hermione interjected.

"It's not as simple as all that. I couldn't just jump into bed with Harry or anyone else for that matter. And the situation is much more complicated than it appears…and I've told you before I'm not the type of girl Harry goes for…"

"Obviously you are considering that he's wanking off and shouting your name!"

Hermione was about to reply when she looked up and saw Harry making his way down the stairs and into the kitchen. She dropped her voice and said.

"Now's not the time to discuss this."

Nora and Camille turned and looked to see Harry helping himself to a glass of juice. Camille turned back towards Hermione and asked.

"What are you going to do about…"

Camille allowed her words to trail off as she threw her head in the direction of the kitchen where Harry was. Hermione sighed as she replied.

"Nothing."

"Nothing…what do you mean nothing?"

Nora looked astounded as she questioned Hermione. Hermione paid no attention as she firmly replied.

"Nothing…nothing at all. I've got to go."

That said Hermione turned and headed back inside the house. Before stepping inside Hermione took a deep steadying breath and composed her face into what she hoped was a normal expression. Hitching a smile on her face Hermione stepped back inside. There sitting in the window seat was Harry. Perched on his lap was Hermione's laptop computer; a peculiar expression covered Harry's face as he sat staring at the screen. Curious as to what he was looking at Hermione asked.

"What are you reading up on?"

Harry looked up and a clearly embarrassed flush crept up his cheeks as he spoke.

"I was just about to ask you the same question."

Hermione stared at Harry, just as she was about to ask him what he meant Harry turned the laptop around so that she could see what he'd been looking at. Hermione's eyes widened in horror as her gaze fell upon the 3-D image of a woman lying atop a man, as his hand stroked the woman's clitoris while his penis pumped in and out of her vagina. Hermione remembered snatching the computer from Camille and closing it. She thought she had turned it off but clearly she hadn't. And Harry had found it. Merlin what he must think of her, hastily she attempted to explain.

"Harry…I…it's not what…I was just…Nora and Camille…oh bloody hell!"

Hermione gave up her miserable attempt at an explanation and dropped down on the window seat beside Harry burying her face in her hands. Her words were muffled when she next spoke.

"You must think me horribly perverted."

Harry shook his head.

"I live for most of the year in a room with Seamus, Dean and Ron, believe me you haven't seen perverted."

Harry paused before continuing.

"Not to say that it isn't a bit shocking that you have an…er…umm…ahh…interest in such things…"

Hermione looked up at Harry as she cut in.

"And why shouldn't I have an interest in things of a sexual nature?"

"Not that you shouldn't have an interest…I just never imagined that I'd be witness to your interest in the matter."

Hermione nodded and the room grew quiet around them. They sat in silence for several minutes both lost in their own thoughts. The silence was broken when Harry asked a question.

"Why exactly were you looking at…at…at that?"

Hermione looked over at Harry an odd expression covering her face. For a moment Harry was sure he'd overstepped the bounds of their friendship. He was about to apologize when Hermione answered him.

"Curious I suppose."

Harry nodded mutely. It was Hermione's turn to pose a question.

"Are you ever curious about it?"

Harry nodded again as he muttered his reply.

"Yea."

As the single word left his mouth Hermione noticed that Harry's voice had taken on that husky tone it had held the previous afternoon when he had called out her name. What happened next was a blur and for the rest of her life Hermione was never exactly sure of what had happened. One moment they were staring intently at one another and the next they were in each other's arms mouths fused kissing each other madly. They drew apart breathlessly. Harry opened his mouth to say something but as he was lost for words he clamped his mouth shut. Without uttering a word Hermione stood to her feet and extended her hand; Harry rose from his seat in the window seat and slipped his hand into Hermione's. Hermione turned and lead Harry across the room and up the stairs.

-->