Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Grand Adventure by Searcy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Grand Adventure

Searcy

A Grand Adventure

Resolved Tensions

It was just after five when Rowan's van pulled into the Grangers drive. Harry and Hermione scrambled out and waved goodbye to Rowan, Nora, Ian and Camille as they trudged inside. Hermione headed towards the family room expecting to find her parents sitting on the couch; her dad watching some sporting event or another on the telly with her mum curled up at his side engrossed in a book. Thus, she was somewhat surprised to find the room empty. Reaching down she flipped on the lamp that sat on the side table at the edge of the couch. There, lying right next to the lamp was a piece of ivory stationery embossed with a large gold filigreed G. Hermione smiled as she looked at the custom made stationery her mother was so fond of using. She picked up the scrap of paper and flipping it open three twenty pound notes slipped into her palm. Hermione stared at the money for a second before sliding her gaze back to read her mother's flowing script.

Dearest Poppet,

As you and Harry are off having a grand time your father and I have accepted an invitation from Jackie and Dan to join them for an evening at the theatre and dinner. We're seeing The Mousetrap. Though we've seen it before, Jackie and Dan haven't and I thought your father and I could do with a bit of time together and this was as good an opportunity as any.

As you know from having seen it yourself, the show is a bit on the lengthy side and as we will be having dinner afterwards it will be quite late before we get home. So you and Harry will be on your own for the evening.

Enclosed you will find money for dinner for yourself and Harry. Your father is being asinine. He's standing over my shoulder admonishing me to tell you and Harry to behave yourselves, as if either of you needed to be told that. In the event that you need us for anything Daddy has his mobile and we've left the number to the restaurant by the phone.

Please try not to go overboard with the sweets, have fun. Hugs and kisses to you both.

Love,

Mum and Dad

Just as Hermione finished reading her mother's note Harry strode into the room and asked.

"Parents not home?"

Hermione turned and shook her head.

"No. They've gone into London with the Lautenbergs for dinner and a night at the theatre."

Harry nodded and made a sort of grunting noise that Hermione assumed was an acknowledgement of what she'd just said. Hermione waved the three twenty pound notes in the air and added.

"Any particular requests for dinner, mum and dad left money for take away?"

Harry shrugged, and then said.

"Pizza?"

Hermione nodded.

"Pizza it is then."

Hermione turned and headed into the kitchen. She stopped at the phone that sat on the counter and pulled open a drawer just underneath. She rummaged around in the drawer for several seconds before she found what she was looking for. Turning back to Harry she help up a menu to a local pizzeria and asked.

"Fancy any kind of pizza in particular?"

Harry shrugged a second time and said.

"So long as there's meat and dessert involved doesn't matter much to me."

Hermione rolled her eyes at how much that comment sounded like Ron before turning her attention back to the menu. After several minutes of consideration and consultation with Harry Hermione picked up the phone and placed their order which included Antipasto Misto and Garlic Mushrooms starters, two spinach, bacon and avocado salads, two calzones and two orders of spaghetti Bolognese (Harry had insisted that they needed a snack for later), one large Margherita pizza (oregano, mozzarella, tomato), one large Four Seasons pizza (mushroom, ham, pepperoni sausage, olives, anchovies, mozzarella, tomato) and for dessert Chocolate Fudge Cake and Profiteroles with strawberries. Just as she had placed the phone back on the hook it rang. Guessing it was her parents checking that she and Harry had made it home safely Hermione grasped the receiver and called out a cheery hello. The word had barely left her lips before her ears were assaulted by the screeching voice of Nora Derricks.

"WHAT'S THIS ABOUT YOU AND HARRY BEING A COUPLE?!"

Hermione closed her eyes and flinched at the high harsh tones of Nora's voice as she deadpanned.

"A little louder please Nora, I don't think the northern half of England heard you!"

Nora ignored Hermione's cheeky sarcasm as she retorted.

"ROWAN SAID YOU TURNED HIM DOWN ON ACCOUNT OF HARRY BEING YOUR BOYFRIEND! SINCE WHEN IS HARRY YOUR BOYFRIEND? WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANTHING TO ME OR CAMILLE? HOW LONG HAS ALL THIS BEEN GOING ON?!"

Before Hermione could answer any of Nora's queries Harry's less than pleased baritone filled the room.

"ROWAN ASKED YOU OUT...YOU NEVER MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT HIM HAVING ASKED YOU OUT!"

A gasp rippled across the line as Nora dropped her voice and whispered.

"Oh God, Harry's there!"

Hermione exhaled slowly and calmly replied.

"Yes Harry is here…he's staying here for the summer…where else would he be?"

"I'm so sorry Hermione I wasn't thinking…I just wanted to know what was going on. When we got home Rowan had a go at me for making him look the prat on account of my encouraging him to chat you up when I should have known that you were with Harry. And what with you running off after Harry at Bournemouth like some woman possessed…I...I wanted to know what all had changed and when, I didn't mean to get Harry all riled up…"

Hermione interjected into Nora's rambling apology.

"Nora it's alright. I know that you weren't purposely trying to make a mess of things…"

Nora cut across Hermione and in an obviously relieved tone said.

"So you're not angry with me?"

Hermione sighed.

"No Nora I'm not angry with you."

A squeal erupted from the other end of the line.

"Oooohh Hermione you're wonderful! Now you must tell me everything, don't leave out a single detail! Who made the first move…who..."

Hermione interjected for a second time.

"Nora now's not exactly the best time for a play by play of the last few days as I really need to have a word with Harry just now."

Nora's voice held a distinctly conspiratorial note when she next spoke.

"Oh of course, you two have a few issues to sort out, call me later yeah."

Hermione muttered a vague "Yes, later" before she hung up the phone and turned her full attention to Harry who was standing with his arms folded across his chest wearing a slightly murderous scowl. Tentatively, Hermione reached out and placed a hand on Harry's forearm as she called his name.

"Harry…"

The rest of her sentence was drowned out by Harry's question.

"When did he ask?"

Hermione exhaled.

"While he was trying to teach me to surf."

Harry nodded and muttered something that sounded like "I knew it" before turning to Hermione and asking a second question.

"You weren't going to tell about it were you?"

Hermione took Harry's hand in hers and answered him saying.

"I didn't really have time to think about whether or not I was going to tell you about Rowan...when I got back to our spot at the beach you were gone and Nora and Camille were going on about you being upset because you overheard them talking about Rowan and I and having run off. Once I caught you up you were sitting there under the pier being all noble…getting ready to end things on account of you thinking I deserved better and all I cared about then was making sure you knew how much you mean to me and that the only bloke I've got eyes for is you, Rowan and his advances were honestly the last thing on my mind."

No sooner than the words were out of her mouth Hermione found herself flush against Harry's chest. In the next second his lips descended to hers in a slow burning kiss. Harry gently touched his tongue to Hermione's before drawing back ever so slightly. Hermione wound her fingers in Harry's hair and drew him back towards her, wrapping her tongue around his deepening the kiss. The pair stumbled backwards into the counter at Hermione's back and the kiss grew more heated. Harry's hands found their way beneath Hermione's top and stroked the warm bare flesh. Soft whimpering moans could be heard escaping Hermione's mouth and she pressed herself even tighter to Harry's solidly, unyielding masculine frame. The sudden chiming of the doorbell shattered the moment and brought both Harry and Hermione back to the present. Taking a step back to collect himself Harry said.

"That'd be the pizza."

Hermione nodded.

Harry added.

"I suppose we should answer that."

Hermione nodded as well but made no attempt to move. The doorbell sounded again. Seeing the dazed look in her eye, Harry smiled and said.

"Don't move…I'll be back."

Harry leaned over and picked up the money Emma Granger had left and hurried off in the direction of the front door. Hermione heard the door open and the voices of Harry and the deliveryman as they exchanged pleasantries and recounted the order. She heard Harry thank the man just before she heard the sound of the door snapping shut. Harry shuffled back into the kitchen carrying two pizza boxes with two large bags balanced on top. Setting his burden down on the counter he said.

"What do you want first…salad, pizza or something else?"

Hermione sent Harry a sultry look as she replied in a husky voice.

"Definitely something else."

Harry looked up as he heard the passionate rasp in Hermione's voice. Raising an eyebrow quizzically he mumbled.

"What?"

Hermione smiled as she replied.

"I said I'm hungry but not for anything on that counter."

In the next instant Hermione found herself being lifted off the floor into Harry's arms. As Harry rushed up the stairs he looked down and asked her.

"Your room or mine?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Two minutes later the pair lay across Harry's bed struggling to maneuver each other out of their various articles of clothing while kissing rather heatedly. Harry kissed his way to the spot just below Hermione's collarbone and alternately kissed and nibbled the spot as his right hand journeyed down her stomach and inside her shorts and bikini bottoms to stroke her lovely warm wet heat. Hermione let out a low moan as she whispered Harry's name as she began to trace her fingers across the hard muscles of his back and shoulders. At the feel of her hands on his bare skin he sucked in a breath of air and with his left hand pulled aside the top of her bikini and sucked her nipple into his mouth. Hermione's breath stuttered as Harry's thumb found her clit and two of his fingers slipped inside her. She bucked her hips and tangled her hands in Harry's wild locks as moved his attentions to her other breast. As he slowly licked the rise of her breasts Harry increased the rhythm of his stroking fingers. Hermione shuddered and her breathing quickened as Harry kissed and caressed her body, the desire he was creating in her was almost unbearable. She gave herself over to the feelings flooding her body and her senses and half-moaned half-whispered.

"Harry…I want you…inside me…now!"

His response was a deep breathy whisper as he paused in his task of caressing her silken folds. He flicked his tongue gently across her tautly budded nipples and whispered.

"Are you sure?"

Hermione's reply was an enthusiastically moaned "Yes Please".

Harry drew away from Hermione long enough to rid himself of his swimmers. Hermione likewise divested herself of her bikini and shorts. No sooner than that was done the pair were back in each others arms. Hermione pulled Harry's lips to her own and kissed him passionately as he settled himself between her thighs. Just as he was about to slip inside her Harry stopped. Hermione looked up and asked.

"What's wrong?"

Harry's reply came out in a wretched tone.

"We can't do this…we haven't got protection."

Hermione framed Harry's face in her hands and said.

"It's all right…its taken care of."

Seeing the slightly confused look on his handsome face Hermione elaborated.

"I'm on the Anti-Conception Potion…it'll cover us both."

Harry opened his mouth to ask another question but was silenced by a kiss from Hermione. The kiss took on a life of its own and deepened into a sumptuous exploration of lips, mouths and tongues. As the kiss became more animated Hermione pressed her bare form wantonly alongside Harry's undulating her hips against his. Groaning Harry gripped her waist and plunged inside Hermione's warm wetness. Hermione hissed in pain and shut her eyes at the sudden intrusion. Harry stilled his movements.

"Hermione are…"

Whatever Harry was about to ask was cut off by the downward roll of Hermione's hips. The feel of her around his erect member prompted Harry to move. So they were both gasping and moaning as Harry drove in and out of Hermione's tight slit. Their lips met in a hot kiss as Harry increased his pace; thrusting deeply. Hermione met Harry stroke for stroke rolling her hips and wrapping her legs around his waist as he drove in and out of her. Knowing he was near to exploding and not wanting to leave Hermione unsatisfied Harry slipped a hand down between their bodies and began vigorously stroking Hermione's clit in time to his thrusts. Hermione's back arched off the bed and she cried out as she clinched around Harry's rigid length. As Hermione writhed beneath him Harry lost control and with and grunt spent himself. After several moments Harry gathered himself and rolled off to the side of Hermione; reaching out he hooked an arm around her waist and pulling her close whispered.

"You okay?"

Hermione nodded and snuggling closer to Harry whispered back.

"Perfect."

Harry smiled as he pulled Hermione more snuggly into his arms and closed his eyes in utter content.

-->