Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Grand Adventure by Searcy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Grand Adventure

Searcy

A Grand Adventure

To Be or Not to Be

Harry was in absolute heaven! A certain brown-eyed witch who happened to be in possession of a wonderfully wicked tongue was at that very moment doing the most amazing thing to his painfully hard manhood. It seemed that the brainy beauty had found a new pastime to use that gorgeous mouth of hers for other than answering questions no one else cared to know the answers to and telling both he and Ron off for being cheeky gits. Harry suddenly lost the ability to form a coherent thought as he felt Hermione's tongue feathering alone the thickened, pulsing veins of his cock before taking him inside her mouth completely…

"Harry…Harry…Harry wake up!"

Harry was jolted from his illicit nighttime musings by a forceful shake of his shoulders. He opened his eyes and found himself staring at a much tamer version of the Hermione from his dreams. She was as attractive as she ever was but that oh so lovely mouth of hers wasn't wrapped around his stiff member neither was she naked and primed for the taking, but all of that could be rectified rather easily. Glancing around the fairly darkened room Harry made out that the door to his room was firmly shut and the clock at his bedside read 6:00 am. Putting his seeker's abilities to use Harry reached up with both hands; slipping one about her waist and snaking the other up her back and cupping her head in his hand Harry drew Hermione's mouth to his in a lush tongue tangling kiss. Hermione surrendered to the kiss without much hesitation. She enthusiastically fell into Harry's embrace, matching his fervent attentions with her own.

When the need to breathe forced their mouths apart Harry dropped his lips to Hermione's neck and peppered the column of throat with kisses. Hermione stifled a moan as she straddled Harry's lap and buried her fingers in his thick ebony locks. Feeling the rumbling purr of her moan from where he was nuzzling her neck Harry lowered the hand that had been grasping her head to her shoulder and catching the thin strap of the camisole she was wearing drug the strap down her arm as he simultaneously dropped his head and sucked her rigid nipple into his mouth. Hermione gasped and rocked forward as a flash of heat rocked through her body. She could feel the heat and hardness of Harry's erection beneath her, a whimpering moan floated up from her lips. Harry increased the pressure of his mouth at her breast; grazing it with his teeth then soothing over the raised flesh with licks and swirls of his tongue. Hermione tamped down a groan as Harry moved his attentions from one breast to the other. Her clit pulsed and she felt the damp heat of her arousal between her legs; at that moment she longed for nothing more than to have Harry inside her but they were supposed to be joining Nora and Camille on a trip to Bournemouth Beach and her parents were just down the end of hall sleeping. Gathering the will from the knowledge that her mother or father could come in at any moment (they were both relatively light sleepers) Hermione grasped Harry's shoulders and pushing him backwards panted out in a desperate whisper.

"Ha…Ha…Harry…pl…please…st…st…stop!"

Raising his head and staring at her, Hermione took in Harry's appearance. There he sat looking at her through lust clouded eyes, hair more tousled than usual, lips damp and slightly swollen from their heated kisses, bare-chested and granite hard beneath her thighs, he looked sexier than anyone ought be allowed to. Hermione quickly scrambled out of Harry's embrace before she changed her mind and let him have his way with her right then and there. Backing away she readjusted her top, covering her exposed breasts. Harry ran a hand through his hair and sheepishly muttered.

"Sorry…"

Hermione interjected in a tremulous voice.

"Its alright…I startled you."

Harry chuckled wryly.

"I've been startled awake loads of times and it's never produced that sort of a reaction before."

Hermione smiled.

"Really…never?"

Though her tone was heavily laden with sarcasm Harry frowned as he vehemently replied.

"No, thankfully, that's the first time I've ever been startled awake and kissed the person doing the waking!"

Harry quietly added.

"It was the dream."

"Dream?"

Harry smiled slyly.

"I was having the most pleasant dream before I was so abruptly woken up."

Ever curious Hermione asked.

"What exactly were you dreaming about?"

Harry's voice dropped to a soft rasping timbre as he crooked his finger and said

"Come back over here and I'll finish showing you."

Hermione smiled as she shook her head.

"Your demonstration will have to keep until later right now we have to get ready, Nora and Camille will be here soon. And we really shouldn't keep them waiting as it's a bit of a drive to Bournemouth."

Harry sighed.

"Right I forgot I've got to share you today."

Hermione smiled again and whipping around headed for the door. She stopped when Harry called out to her.

"Hermione…"

Hermione paused at the door and looked back at Harry.

"Seeing as I've got to share you think you could do me a favor and not wear that blue bikini of yours."

Hermione blushed as she muttered "Right" and bolted out the door. Harry sat there on the bed for a few minutes more thinking of every non arousing thing he could before giving up, gathering his things and trudging down the hall to take a very cold shower.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Two and a half hours later Harry found himself crammed in a van alongside Hermione, Camille, Nora and her older brother Rowan, his mate Ian and five other school friends of theirs; Lauren, Angela, Michael, Callum and Liam. It was apparent to anyone with eyes that Angela and Michael were a couple; they were seated at the very back of the van wound so tightly around each other that Harry wondered how they were managing to breathe. Callum and Liam were a pair of pranksters that reminded Harry vaguely of Fred and George. Liam seemed to be partial to Nora though she didn't appear to notice him at all. Harry suspected that Camille and Ian were involved in some way. They kept casting each other intense covert glances across the seat. Lauren was oddly quiet and seemed to be sulking over something. Harry wondered if she and Hermione had had some sort of falling out as he'd noticed her tossing more than one irritated glare in Hermione's direction. Hermione was chatting with Rowan; actually they had been talking since the moment he and Hermione had climbed into the van. Harry was startled from his itinerant thoughts by the sound of Rowan speaking to him.

"So Harry, what kind of whiz kid are you?"

Harry furrowed his brow as he responded to Rowan's inquiry.

"What do you mean whiz kid?"

Rowan clarified himself.

"Well you and Hermione are schoolmates and seeing as how she's off at that school for geniuses I was just curious as to what kind of genius you are."

Hermione had told Harry that none of her muggle friends and acquaintances knew that she was a witch. As clever as Hermione was it made sense that anyone who knew her would assume her going off to a special school meant she was heading off to a place for the exceptionally clever. Harry glanced at Hermione for a second then answered Rowan.

"I'm nowhere near being a genius…"

Hermione interposed.

"Don't listen to him, Harry's very clever."

Harry laughed.

"Nowhere near as clever as you are…Hermione's best in our year, has been since we first started."

Rowan smiled broadly as he said.

"That's our girl, eh."

Lauren interjected in a spiteful tone.

"Yes that's exactly like Hermione, even in a school full of weirdoes she's the weirdest one there."

Harry and Camille both turned around to glare at Lauren. Camille looked as though she was about to say something in retaliation when the van slowed and Callum exclaimed.

"Bout bloody time we got here…I swear that drive gets longer every time!"

Everyone grabbed their belongings, tumbled out of the van and headed for a day of fun in the sun. The eleven friends and acquaintances found a spot on the beach and unloaded their things before running off for the first swim of the day. The hours passed by swiftly with the group going from one activity to the other; they tossed about a Frisbee, played a game of beach volleyball and built a rather lopsided structure that they attempted to pass off as a sandcastle. Harry had for the most part enjoyed himself. It had been nice to get out and do something as ordinary as hanging out at the beach like a normal teenager laughing and goofing around but several things had become clear to him over the course of the day. Harry was sure that he had finally found the reason for Lauren's rather sour disposition; Lauren fancied Rowan. But Rowan took no more notice of Lauren and her attentions than his sister took of Liam and his advances. Not that Harry blamed Rowan for ignoring Lauren her personality strongly reminded him of Pansy Parkinson. What Harry did have a problem with was where Rowan was focusing his attentions. For the whole of the day Rowan had been paying extra attention to Hermione, a fact that annoyed Lauren to no end. Harry was none too pleased about that detail either.

Presently Harry was sitting watching Rowan paw Hermione under the guise of giving her surfing lessons. Harry snorted as he watched Hermione slip off of Rowan's surfboard for the umpteenth time. Rowan deftly caught her about the waist and hauled her up against his chest. Seeing them together it was hard not to notice that they looked like the young couples in those ruddy television adverts that ran perpetually during the summer months enticing people to venture to various locales for fun and sun. Looking at the black bikini that Hermione had chosen to wear made Harry wish he'd requested that she wear one of her less revealing one pieces or jeans and a jumper. Merlin knew it would have given Rowan far less to ogle and grab at. Harry was distracted from his train of thought by the sound of Nora and Camille's voices. When he looked up Camille had just turned to Nora and was speaking.

"Rowan and Hermione seem to be getting on rather well."

Nora nodded.

"Rowan's been going on about Hermione ever since she first got home from school and the Grangers came over for Sunday lunch. I wasn't sure about encouraging his interest at first but once she made it clear that there wasn't anything going on between her and Harry I didn't see any point in putting him off."

Upon hearing Nora's statement Harry wondered what she could be talking about. Had Hermione told Nora and Camille what had gone on between them? And if she had what had she said? What had Nora been talking about when she'd said that Hermione had said nothing was going on between them…had their time together truly meant so little to her? The sound of Hermione's laughter drew Harry's attention back to the spot where Hermione and Rowan were gallivanting about in the surf. Hermione was clinging to the shirtless blue eyed blond looking quite happy to be where she was. Quietly he stood to his feet and stuffing his hands in his pockets strode off angrily down the beach, brushing past Nora and Camille as he went. The two girls stared after Harry following his abrupt departure wondering what had gotten into him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hermione's feet lost their rather tenuous grip on the surfboard just as her hands lost their similarly feeble grip on Rowan's shoulders and she went splashing into the water for what had to be the tenth time in the last five minutes. Rowan quickly reached down and grabbing her about the waist hauled her to her feet.

"Alright?"

Hermione nodded sheepishly.

"Fine, no permanent damage done."

Rowan smiled.

"Right then, ready to give it another go."

Hermione threw up her hands and shook her head.

"Oh no, I've done enough falling on my bum today to recognize that I'm well outside my ambit here and to call it quits while I'm still in one piece."

Rowan smiled a second time.

"I wouldn't let anything happen to you or that lovely bum of yours."

Hermione flushed a bit at Rowan's obvious flirtation.

"Um…of course you wouldn't…ahh…thanks for the lesson; sorry I'm such a poor student…um…I'll just pop back up the beach and let you get on with your surfing now."

Hermione turned to leave but Rowan caught her hand in his and said.

"We don't have to surf…we could do whatever else you like…go for swim or maybe take a walk down to the pier."

Sensing the direction the conversation was taking Hermione gnawed her lower lip a bit before saying.

"We really should be getting back everyone will be wondering where we are before long…"

Rowan interrupted the flow of Hermione's words when he moved closer to her and tracing his left forefinger gently along her jaw and said.

"I don't think we'll be missed."

Hermione took a step back and replied.

"I should be getting back to Harry."

Rowan immediately caught the implication of her words and likewise took a step back.

"Ahh I see…you and Harry…you're together…"

Rowan's voice trailed off and Hermione nodded her head in answer. Rowan nodded his head as he spoke again.

"Hermione I'm really sorry…I didn't know…I never would have said anything if I knew that you and…"

Hermione interjected sympathetically.

"It's alright Rowan you had no way of knowing, it being a somewhat new turn of events and all."

"This is new then?"

Hermione nodded.

"Very."

Rowan quirked an eyebrow and asked.

"Very new you say…any chance that I could give your Harry a bit of competition then?"

Hermione bit back a smile as she replied.

"Rowan its very flattering of you to ask but it'd be an awful waste of your time…Harry's got the market cornered most effectively."

Rowan nodded resignedly.

"Figures…"

He paused for a moment to absorb the situation before looking up, smiling and saying.

"Well let's get you back before I have some explaining to do."

Hermione and Rowan arrived back at the group's spot on the beach to find everyone assembled around the massive picnic hamper of food that had been brought along except for Harry. Hermione scanned the immediate vicinity looking for a glimpse of Harry's unruly ebony mane. When she saw no sign of him she began to wonder where he'd disappeared to. Just as she was deciding to go and look for him Camille and Nora materialized at her sides. Hermione quizzed them.

"Nora, Camille have either of you seen Harry?"

Camille answered.

"He went storming off down the beach about ten minutes ago."

Camille threw her head in the direction Harry had gone off in. Hermione's brow furrowed as she posed a second question.

"Stormed off…was he upset over something?"

This time it was Nora who replied.

"I think he may have been a bit narked over something he heard Camille and I discussing."

The furrow in Hermione's brow blossomed into a full blown frown as she asked.

"What discussion were you two having that might have upset him?"

Hearing the edge of anger in Hermione's tone Nora shut her eyes as rushed the words out of her mouth.

"We were talking about how well you and Rowan seemed to be getting on and we might have implied how nice it was to see you and Rowan getting together considering that you'd said nothing was happening between you and Harry."

Hermione's eyes widened as she took in what Nora had just said.

"You told Harry that I saw nothing was going on between us…"

Camille answered back.

"Nora didn't tell him anything…she was talking to me, Harry just overheard…"

Hermione paid no attention to what Camille was saying as she shook her head disbelievingly and moaned.

"Harry overheard you and now he's off somewhere thinking that I've taken up with Rowan and that what happened between us meant absolutely nothing to me!"

Camille and Nora stared at one another then back at Hermione and cried in unison.

"Something happened between you two?!"

Hermione ignored Camille and Nora's question as she asked a final one of her own.

"Nora which way did Harry go?"

Nora stared blankly back at her friend confused by the turn the conversation had taken and the urgency in Hermione's tone. Seeing that no answer was forthcoming Hermione grasped Nora by the shoulders and shook her forcefully as she repeated her question.

"Nora which way did Harry go?!"

Nora took a breath and pointing to her left said.

"That way."

Before either Nora or Camille had a chance to question her further Hermione sped off down the beach frantically searching for a familiar head of wild black hair.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hermione found Harry at edge of the beach sitting underneath the pier. She could tell from the tight set of his shoulders that he was upset. Quickly yet cautiously she walked over to where he was sitting and gently placing a hand to his bare shoulder she asked quietly.

"May I sit with you?"

When Harry did not respond Hermione took the initiative and sat down beside him. Knowing Harry and his temper she'd surmised that the best way to handle things was to deal with them straight on. Taking a deep breath she looked at his profile and calmly said.

"Harry we need to have a word about what you overheard Nora and Camille talking about earlier."

Hermione paused and waited for Harry to speak. When she still received no response she took another breath and continued on.

"What you overheard…what Nora said about there being nothing between you and me…I never said that! Well…I did say it…but that was before you and I…before we discovered our mutual attraction to one another…before we…before things…got physical…"

Harry looked over and saw that Hermione's face was glowing a bright red. Reaching over her took her hand in his and squeezing it gently said.

"I know."

Hermione looked from their joined hands to Harry's face and in a wondering voice said.

"You know."

Harry nodded.

"What I mean is I know you and I know that you would never lie to me especially about something like this. I know you wouldn't say you cared about me if you truly didn't."

Hermione smiled glad that Harry had taken things so well. Suddenly Hermione was reminded of Harry's rather rigid seat and knowing there was more asked.

"If you know that I said that before anything happened between us what's got you so upset?"

"What makes you think I'm upset?

Hermione smiled as she replied.

"I happen to know you fairly well also Mr. Potter."

Harry returned Hermione's smile rather weakly and looking down at their joined hands said.

"Once I calmed down and sorted out that whatever Nora and Camille were on about was some type of misunderstanding it got me thinking about us and where all of this is leading. You know better than anyone what I'm up against…what the risks are for being with me. I just don't see why you'd want to take that risk when you could be with someone like Rowan or Viktor or Ron without the extra added complication of having to fight off mad Dark Lords and their demented followers trying to off you."

Harry paused and spared a glance in Hermione's direction. She was scowling. Just as he was about to ask what she was thinking she spoke.

"Ron…why would you ever think I'd be with Ron?"

Slightly taken aback by the question Harry replied.

"He fancies you…always has. Everybody seems to think that the reason you two row so much is because of the massive amount of unresolved sexual tension between you. Fred and George have got a pool going to see how long it takes you two to snog."

Hermione's face contorted into a mask of confused horror.

"Me snog Ron…has the whole of Gryffindor House gone round the twist! The reason I row so much with Ron is because he's a great annoying prat! As to whether Ron fancies me or not I can't say nor do I want to imagine such a thing as true but I can assure you that his feelings are not reciprocated. I care about him of course but only as a friend. Any unresolved sexual tension I've ever experienced has all been about you…"

Harry interjected.

"Me?"

Hermione rolled her eyes as she replied.

"Yes you, you daft git…what else did you think all this kissing and touching has been about!"

Harry stared backed at Hermione with an astounded expression covering his face.

"I hoped…but I…you really want to be…to do this with me?"

Harry raised their joined hands to symbolize what he meant. Hermione smiled as she rose to her feet and stood directly in front of him. She then lowered herself onto his lap and looping her arms around his neck she stared into his eyes and said.

"Dark Lords and Death Eaters be damned there's no one else I want to be with…it's you for me Harry, just you.

Having said those words she drew his mouth to hers in a kiss that left no doubt who she wanted.

-->