Unofficial Portkey Archive

Buttercup by MemoriesFade
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Buttercup

MemoriesFade

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from the Harry Potter Universe.

There is a bit of fluffiness in this chapter as I am not immune to writing fluff. It is why the update is here so soon. Some of you may like it or may not like it. Feel free to let me know at the end.

You are fantastic readers and reviewers by the way. So, thank you very much for your continued interest. And if you don't want me to respond to your reviews because I annoy you, feel free to say so.

~~~~~~~~

Ginny sighed miserably for the sixteenth time that morning. She had been stuck in the hospital for a week. And, for the very first time, she woke up alone. There was no one there to argue with her that she shouldn't try and sneak out of the hospital. She had absolutely no company since she had woken up two hours prior. And she found herself swarmed by thoughts of the Malfoy family, mostly Draco Malfoy.

Bill had stopped by a night ago and asked about the letter she had sent Draco. It was only after extracting a promise that he wouldn't try and murder their parents that she divulged what must have happened. The letter was supposed to be delivered by Molly. However, Ginny could only assume that the older woman had thrown the letter away rather than sent it. It was the only thing that Ginny could come up with. Molly Weasley had ensured that she owl all the letters Ginny wrote.

However, this was not what had Ginny in turmoil. Bill had said that Draco had said he would have married her. For some strange reason, instead of being revolted, something had swelled inside of Ginny, in her very heart. It had been amazing, yet, scary at the same time. For Ginny could only come to one conclusion. She had feelings for Draco Malfoy. It was utterly despicable and she refused to continue to let it happen.

But she couldn't stop the feelings. It was impossible. Every single time she saw Draco and Serena interact, she found herself becoming more and more attracted to the man she slept with seven years ago. He was handsome. That much was undeniable. He had the strong bone structure, the unbelievable body. And from what Ginny could remember, which was everything, he was irrefutably amazing in bed. Despite it being her first time, he had made her feel incredible all over.

Just the thought of their coupling had goose bumps rising on her flesh, shivers running down her spine. He had lit her on fire. That night, he had made her feel. It had been awkward at first, her shyness getting in the way. But after letting go, allowing Draco to take her over, to infuse himself with her, she had experienced something she hadn't ever experienced in her life.

In her years of living in Pennsylvania, there had been offers. There had been men who would have been more than willing to go into a relationship with her. But she had been scarred. Her scars had run deep down to her heart, to her very soul. She couldn't think of sleeping with anyone else, too worried that she would never experience anything as beautiful as she had experienced with Draco.

"Are you sure?"

She laid nude before him, her body open to him. There was nothing on her body he hadn't seen or touched yet. Her cheeks were flushed, a red blush setting in from her face straight down to the tips of her toes. All caused by his stare, his lustful stare as he gazed at her through hooded eyes.

She could feel him, his hardness pressed against her thigh. He was beautiful, though she would never tell him that. She had a feeling that he wouldn't take a liking to her calling him beautiful. He would probably take it as a jibe towards his masculinity. But whether or not he thought so, he was beautiful.

It was as if he had been carved by marble. He had sculpted arms, beautiful abs, and she blushed as she thought about his lower parts. She had seen a man's anatomy, during very embarrassing interludes at the Burrow between her brothers and, once, Harry. The thought of Harry made anger flare inside of her.

She looked up into the stormy grey eyes of Draco Malfoy. "I'm ready."

"You're sure? I don't want any of your brothers storming in here to kill me."

"It'll be our secret," she whispered, bringing his head down to kiss her. She tilted her hips up, rubbing against him, which caused him to groan into her mouth. "Shall we take care of that?"

He braced his arms on either side of her head, leaning down to nibble on her ear. "I've never been with a virgin. But I think it may hurt."

"I'm ready," she whispered.

The pain was swift. It felt as if her insides were tearing apart. Before he had used his fingers and even then it had been uncomfortable and a little painful. The uncomfortable feeling had given way to pleasure before when he had used his fingers along with his tongue. Now, however, it didn't seem like this pain would subside. It hurt, it stung, and it made her insides cry out for help. It was almost unbearable.

She hadn't even noticed the tears in her eyes until he leaned down and kissed them. "I promise the pain will go away in a moment."

She bit her lip, willing herself to stop crying. But she didn't have to wait longer than a minute until the pain went away. Instead of the unbearable agony, she felt full to the hilt. She felt connected to him. She looked up at him, his jaw clenched, a sign that he was restraining himself from fulfilling his animalistic urges and taking her violently.

When another minute passed and he didn't move, she growled, frustrated. Deciding to take things in her own hands, she moved her hips experimentally against his. White spots appeared before her eyes. What she felt was like nothing she had ever felt before. Draco let out a groan, trying to get her to stop before she prematurely ended the night. But that didn't stop Ginny. She continued moving, trying to hit the spot she had hit before, the spot that would, no doubt, send her careening over the edge.

Draco, not being able to allow her to take control for much longer, gripped her hips with a little more force than necessary. She let out a moan of disappointment, quickly followed by a moan of passion and pleasure. He had lifted her legs onto her shoulders, the angle causing her immense pleasure as he moved within in her. Their bodies picked up pace, establishing a rhythm between them.

"Harder," she moaned.

Not wanting to make her more sore than necessary, he hadn't obliged. Instead, he had continued to thrust into her, each time finding the spot that made her let out curses and moan his name wantonly. His fingers reached down to the spot where their bodies connected, finding the little button that would bring her over the edge. With long, skilled, fingers, he touched her, causing her to scream out his name.

Ginny hadn't expected it to be anything like this. It was as if something had exploded inside her. Her body went rigid, her inner walls clamping down onto Draco's member, eventually causing him to fall over into orgasmic pleasure as well, spilling his seed inside of her. He was drained of energy. But he had managed to gather her small body into his arms and roll them over until she was on top, their bodies still joined.

"Mmm," she moaned in contentment.

He chuckled. "I'll take that as a compliment."

"Take it however you like," she muttered, trying to burrow further into his chest. "I wonder if it's going to be like that every time."

She squeaked in surprise at the feeling of his limp member starting to harden inside of her. And when she looked up inside those beautiful eyes of his, she had known that she would very well find out. And even if it would never be like that with other men, she knew it would always be like that with him, even if they would only experience it for this one night.

Ginny snapped out of her thoughts, a blush staining her cheeks. She could feel phantom touches along her body. The blush only grew as Narcissa Malfoy barged into her room, three women following behind her. Not to mention, she was feeling very uncomfortable under the sheets, aroused after seeing the image of Draco above her in her mind, feeling his touches along her body.

"Are you alright, Ms. Weasley?" Narcissa glanced at her curiously. "You look flushed."

"Fine," Ginny said quickly. "And, please, call me Ginny, Mrs. Malfoy."

"Well, then, you must call me Narcissa," Narcissa replied.

"Narcissa, what are you doing here?" The name felt foreign on her tongue. But she didn't want to get into an argument with the woman before her. "Who are these people?"

"This is Maggie, Ginny." Narcissa motioned to the woman, who looked vaguely familiar as if Ginny had seen her somewhere before. "She's the woman we got your dress from for the Greengrass Ball."

"Oh," Ginny said. "What's going on?"

"I spoke to Healer Weasley," Narcissa said, moving around to Ginny's bedside. "She said you will be well enough to attend the Malfoy Ball tomorrow evening."

"Narcissa, I really do not want to attend a ball upon my release," Ginny whined.

"No, no, dear," Narcissa said, her eyes twinkling. "You will want to attend this ball. It's quite special actually."

"Why?"

"You will see," Narcissa said. "Now, Ginny, how do you feel about a white dress?"

~~~~~~~~

Narcissa left the hospital two hours later, a smile on her face. Maggie would be designing Ginny's dress for her. It would be beautiful. However, that is not what had Narcissa smiling. Narcissa's grin was on her face because she was being followed by a beetle. She had been ever since she had stepped out of St. Mungo's and made her way towards the Leaky Cauldron, Maggie in tow.

"Did I tell you about that awful Tracey woman?" Narcissa spoke to Maggie in low tones but loud enough so that the beetle can hear her, flying discreetly by her side. "I am so happy she is out of my son's life."

Maggie smiled, amused. She had been told of the plan two days ago. "Yes, and now I'm able to design Ginevra a lovely white dress. It will be the most beautiful white dress I will have ever designed."

"Yes, the Malfoy Ball will hold so many surprises," Narcissa murmured. "I just hope we will be able to keep it all a secret. I wouldn't want news to get out about Draco and Ginevra. We mustn't let Draco find the dress either. I know he is terribly eager to see what his companion will be wearing."

"Isn't it bad luck?"

"Terrible bad luck, Maggie," Narcissa said, concealing her amusement as the beetle landed on her shoulder. "Oh I just cannot wait for tomorrow evening. At last things will pan out. Serena will have her parents together at last. Draco will look handsome in his tuxedo. And Ginevra will look stunning in the white dress that you will design for her special day."

"The only way Draco wouldn't marry her is if that awful, despicable, Tracey woman shows up," Maggie said loudly.

"Oh hush, Maggie," Narcissa said. "Everything will be ruined if an article gets published. It will all go to shambles if that Tracey Davis shows up."

Narcissa and Maggie watched as the beetle flew off her shoulder. Both were eager to find out what would be in this evening's edition of the Daily Prophet. More so, they were eager to find out if Tracey Davis would come out and ruin the Malfoy Ball, which she would, more than likely think, was a wedding for Ginevra Weasley and Draco Malfoy.

~~~~~~~~

Saturday came with much anticipation for many. The girls, namely Pansy, Luna, and Hermione, had been brought into the plan after the article ran in the evening edition of the Daily Prophet. The three had stormed into Draco's house and demanded an answer. To Draco's surprise, they had agreed to keep it from Ginny and make sure she was none the wiser as it would only ruin the plans. Ginny had her own idea of getting revenge, giving Tracey a taste of her own medicine. But she would get that and the boys would get their revenge.

Right now, he stood in the antechamber of the ballroom of Malfoy Manor, awaiting his date for the evening, the mother of his child. Serena was safely tucked away in her room inside the Manor, a house elf ordered to watch over her just in case Tracey got any crazy ideas, which was unlikely. However, it didn't hurt to be careful.

Thoughts fled from his mind as the Weasleys appeared in his marble lobby. He didn't see her though. He saw George and Angelina, dazzling in her gold gown. Their son Fred was in one of the guest rooms as well with Jasmine, both having gone to sleep an hour prior. Ron and Pansy caught his eye next, Pansy fussing with her cerulean blue gown. Charlie and Hermione were behind them, the latter unsettled by the Portkey journey, rubbing her stomach through the chiffon of her lavender gown. Bill and Fleur, dressed in a soft pink dress, were next to them. Percy and Penelope, swathed in a yellow gown, were next.

And then he saw her. It was as if a sea of red parted to show him a pearl. She was a vision. The white and gold gown she wore was by no means extravagant. Yet, it spoke of how expensive it was in the beautiful design, cut, and material. Thick gold straps connected from her shoulders to the neckline of the dress, the gold extending down to her midsection where it wrapped around in wiry gold thread. The bust of the dress pushed her creamy breasts up without looking too provocative. The dress loosened slightly at the waist, the hem of the dress pooling on the floor.

When she moved to speak with Hermione, he got a look at the creamy expanse of her upper back before seeing her hair. The back was tossed up in what looked like a careless bun, golden wiring threaded throughout. The front also had the same golden headband, wisps falling out of her hair. It looked as if it had been thrown together. However, she made it look elegant. Draco could barely manage to listen to conversation around him when he saw her.

He nearly jumped when Pansy pinched him. "I see you like Ginny's attire."

Draco glared. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Well, since you have no interest, me telling you about the lacy gold bustier she has on underneath will have no effect." Pansy smirked as his eyes flashed. "Ginny, come. You don't have an escort and neither does Draco."

Ginny snapped out of her conversation with Hermione. "What?"

Draco strode up to Ginny, taking her hand and placing a kiss on it. "Ginevra, you look enchanting."

"Thank you," Ginny stammered, heat flooding her cheeks. "What's all this about being my escort?"

"I can't very well make you go in there without an escort," Draco said smoothly. He tucked her arm into the crook of his. He turned to Bill and gave him a discreet nod. "I think you can all go ahead through those doors." He pointed to the doors that led to the foyer of the Manor. "They'll announce your entrance. Father and Mother are greeting guests."

"Why don't we go too?" asked Ginny, confused.

"I'm one of the guests of honour," Draco said. "I can't go in until after all the guests."

"Who is the other guest of honour?" asked Ginny as her brothers and their dates poured out of the room.

"You'll see," he said.

Ginny glared. "Draco, what is going on? First your mother puts emphasis on the fact that I must wear a white dress-"

"Do you not like the dress?" Draco raised an eyebrow. "I think you look beautiful."

Ginny tried not to let his words affect her. "Then I'm not allowed to even look at the Daily Prophet much less read it. I have two Aurors watching my every move. In fact, they're here tonight, waiting for me to enter the ballroom. Now, what is going on? What plan have you concocted with my brothers?"

Draco sighed. "Don't worry about it. Just promise you will not overreact when you see Tracey Davis."

Ginny stilled. "What?"

"Your brothers and I intend on taking care of her," Draco said. "If she makes any move towards you, go ahead and hex her to pieces. Otherwise, leave it alone. Do not let her comments affect you."

"Draco, I don't like this at all," Ginny muttered. "Why can't we just send her off to Azkaban? I-I just don't want to see her. I've been having nightmares that she came to finish off the job ever since Hermione mentioned the blood tracking charm. She's after me Draco. Why do you guys think it's a good idea to have us in the same room?"

Hearing her speak those words, her vulnerability, only increased his anger. He could tell that the accident had shaken her up more than he or her brothers thought. Otherwise, they would have probably rethought putting the two women in the same room. And looking down at her biting her lip, he started to think that maybe the plan wasn't as foolproof as they thought. But it was too late to back out now.

He, in an unusual showing of comfort, wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "I won't make her harm you."

Though she wore five inch heels, she still had to look up at him. "Are you sure?"

He had the sudden urge to lean down and ravish her lips. He quickly removed his arm from her shoulder, feeling a little upset that her warm skin was no longer on his own. If warning bells weren't ringing in his head before, they certainly were now. He decided the best thing to do would be to put some distance between him and the woman who was beginning to look like a Grecian goddess.

Thankfully, he was saved by his parents as they entered the room. Narcissa wore a one shouldered black silk chiffon gown. Her hair was swept up in a regal chignon, making her look like the queen of socialites, the name which she had been dubbed. Lucius was her perfect match, his cane at one side, Narcissa on his other. They were truly a beautiful couple to look at.

"Narcissa, you look beautiful," Ginny complimented.

"I doubt I hold a candle to you," Narcissa replied. She kissed Ginny's cheeks. "How are you feeling?"

"Nervous," Ginny said softly. "Draco just told me about Tracey."

Lucius rested a hand on her shoulder. "Ms. Weasley-"

"Ginny," she interjected.

"Ginevra," Lucius said. "What happened to your Gryffindor bravery?"

Ginny sighed. "It fled when I got attacked from behind."

"Draco," Narcissa called. "It is time."

"Is she out there?"

"Yes and under the impression you want her back," Lucius said.

Ginny's eyes became sharp. "I'm ready."

"Very good," Narcissa said with a smile. "Lucius, come along. We will enter first."

Ginny tucked her arm through Draco's, ignoring the tingling she got when he gave her arm a squeeze. It meant nothing. That was the mantra she recited until they were standing in front of the doors to the ballroom, which were located down the hall from the foyer. She heard as Narcissa and Lucius were introduced. Watched as they glided into the ballroom and waited for their name to be called.

A ghost butler came through the door. "Young master, are you ready?"

"Yes, Linus," Draco said.

"You have a ghost butler?" Ginny raised an eyebrow. "Isn't it creepy?"

"I have one at my home as well," he said.

"I always thought you would end up living here," Ginny remarked.

"One day I will," he said.

"When?" asked Ginny.

"When I get married," he replied.

Ginny didn't answer because a voice in the ballroom said, "The guests of honour, Draco Malfoy and Ginevra Weasley."

"Guest of honour," Ginny muttered angrily as the doors swung open.

She didn't have time to snap at him anymore because the eyes of every person in the ballroom were on her and Draco. He tugged lightly, causing her to move forward. She eventually got the hang of walking again. And she even managed to not blush profusely when murmurs broke out across the room. Instead, she had a light pinkish tinge to her cheeks, which looked more like makeup than anything else.

Draco led her towards his parents, who were standing with her brothers. "That wasn't so bad."

"You're probably used to this," Ginny mumbled. She was happy to reach her brothers, especially since Ron was already holding a glass of red wine out for her. "You are my favourite brother right now."

He chuckled. "We'll all be your favourite brothers in a bit."

"Ginny," Luna exclaimed, approaching the group. "Your dress is bloody fantastic."

"Luna, you are dazzling." Her friend wore a gathered blue haltered gown, her baby bump clearly outlined. "And how is your baby doing?"

"Marvellous," she said wryly, rubbing her stomach. "He or she is kicking like mad."

Ginny's eyes were drawn to a figure dressed in a fuchsia gown. Ginny couldn't help but to think that she did look beautiful in the gown. It would have made Ginny's life a lot easier if she had worn some frilly gown that looked like it belonged in the garbage. But she shouldn't have expected anything less from someone who had dated Draco Malfoy. He had good taste.

"Draco," Blaise said, nodding towards Tracey.

"George," Draco called.

George placed a champagne flute in Draco's hands. "One sip is all it will take."

"Draco, darling, your father has arranged the shield," Narcissa said.

Bill tugged Ginny into his embrace. "It's time to see the show."

Draco nodded towards the Weasleys before making his way towards his ex-girlfriend. His smirk was on his face as he saw her smile at him. She was caught in his trap, her line of thinking that Draco would come crawling back to her. Oh, how wrong she was, very wrong. He kept the smirk on his face as she walked towards him, her hips seductively swaying.

"Draco," she said coyly.

"Tracey, it's good to see you." Draco leaned into her ear. "Do you need a drink?"

"Oh, Draco," Tracey said, giggling. "I knew you would come around. I bet that Weasley isn't satisfying your needs."

He placed the champagne flute in her hand. "You're right. She isn't."

"Well, I'll be happy to get back to helping you out," Tracey whispered seductively. She took a sip of the champagne. "Hmm, is this a new brand?"

"I do believe so. The only one worthy of you," Draco said, his features morphing into the cool hardened gaze that had people running. He leaned in again. "If you ever come near her again, there will be nowhere you can run to for safety. You will not be able to hide from my wrath Davis. Am I understood?"

"What has gotten into you, Draco?"

That was all she managed to shriek before her eyes glazed over, a feral shriek leaving her mouth. No one around her so much as batted an eyelash. She clawed at her face, screaming; yet, not a single person in the ballroom, except the Weasleys, Zabinis, and Pansy, noticed a thing happening.

"Those nightmares you're having will become a reality," Draco whispered as she broke down in sobs. "That image you have of me torturing you, those Weasley brothers torturing you, will happen. Am I understood?"

She sobbed, nodding her head.

"Good," Draco said. He motioned to Charlie who came over with an empty glass. He gave it to her. "Hold this. You'll not have any memory of any of this when you wake up. You'll only know not to mess with myself or any of the Weasleys."

Tracey grabbed onto the glass. However, no one foresaw Ginny marching over to them. And when they did, it was too late. Ginny raised her hand, slapped Tracey across the face and decked her in the eye. Charlie, anticipating Ginny might reach for her wand, wasn't quick enough to stop the blue light from shooting out of Ginny's wand, gashes appearing across Tracey's body. Before she could do more bodily harm, the Portkey activated, Tracey disappearing.

Ginny's chest heaved as Charlie wrapped his arms around her. "Shh, you're okay. You're fine. Everything is fine."

"The patio," Draco muttered, not wanting the spell to wear off and allow the guests to see Ginny during her break down. He led the two Weasleys outside, the fresh air not only doing wonders for him but Ginny as well. "Someone will notice her in the middle of Diagon Alley. She'll get to St. Mungo's."

"What did you guys do to her?" Ginny was huddled into her brother's chest.

George came out onto the patio at that moment. "I've been working on daydream pumpkin juice for a while now. I altered it for Davis. Instead of daydreams, she ended up living some nightmares of being tortured by us. It'll wear off in an hour or two. I added an altered memory potion as well. She won't remember anything since Hogwarts. And she will have a fear of us."

Ginny sniffed. "Thank you."

"Ginny, what were you thinking?" Hermione came out on the patio, followed by Angelina, Ron, Pansy, Bill, and Fleur. Percy and Penelope still had no idea what was happening as they two had been shielded from everything. "You could have slipped into a panic attack and done more damage to yourself?"

Ginny groaned, pushing Charlie away. "Hermione, I am healthy. And I do not intend on going back to the hospital."

Hermione waved her wand over Ginny. "You're fine anyways."

"Bloody brilliant, Ginny," Ron commented, giving her a hug.

"Ginny," Luna shrieked, coming out onto the patio and grabbing her friend from Ron's grip. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Luna," Ginny replied.

"Good show, Ginny," Bill said. "I would have preferred if you stayed with us, though."

"That vile woman deserved it," Fleur said.

"I couldn't agree more," Angelina added.

Draco watched the scene from a distance. He didn't want to feel like he was intruding. He was more than happy when Blaise appeared at his side with a glass of Firewhisky in hand. It didn't make him feel like an outside if Blaise was standing there as well. Blaise was also an outsider. Though, at least he had a wife who wasn't considered so much an outsider. Then again, Draco had a daughter with Ginny.

He shoved those thoughts out of his head as he saw the Weasleys retreating inside. Blaise followed. Draco was about to go in as well. But he spotted Ginny walking down the patio steps, her white dress and red hair standing out against all the green of the lawn. He hesitated, not knowing whether or not she wanted to be alone as she had sent in all of her brothers. Though, he did follow her out, through the small maze and to the centre of the maze. She took a seat on one of the benches, surrounded by some of his mother's favourite flowers.

"I know you're there," she said, looking up at where he was hiding in the shadows. "I'm glad you followed me."

"Is that so?" He didn't sit on the bench with her. But he did step closer towards her.

"I wanted to thank you," she said, becoming enraptured by her feet. "You didn't have to band together like that with my brothers. And I appreciate it, even if it was a little bit too much of a damsel in distress moment for me, personally."

"You're allowed one or two every now and then," he said. He held out his glass. "You look like you could use some."

She wrapped her hands around the glass, taking a small sip. "Thank you. And I'm sorry I didn't listen to you and not attack."

"It was worth it to see you slap her," he said.

She laughed. "What is it with men and seeing women fight?"

"It's a turn on in some cases," he drawled. "Girls swoon when guys fight. Guys do the same."

"You swoon?" Ginny laughed as he glared at her. "I only swoon if guys are fighting shirtless. And only if they have very good bodies."

"Interesting, so to get you to swoon, I should take my shirt off and fight one of your brothers?"

Ginny wrinkled her nose. "No. That would make me hex you. You can go fight someone else like Harry."

Draco shook his head in amusement. "I take it you meant that as a joke."

"I think we both know where my feelings for Harry are," Ginny murmured.

"In the bottom of the lake at Hogwarts," Draco quipped.

"Precisely," Ginny said with a giggle. She gave him his drink back, standing on her feet. "I guess we should get back, being the guests of honour."

"Yes, Mother and Father might think we're off trying to give them more grandchildren," Draco said.

"Do they want more?" asked Ginny as they walked back through the maze.

"Mother wants a Quidditch team," Draco answered.

Ginny stopped him before they could walk up the steps. "I sincerely mean it when I say thank you."

"Think nothing of it," he said softly.

She leaned up towards him and placed a kiss on the cheek. "It meant a lot that you were willing to stand up for me."

With those words, she left, leaving Draco to wonder why a chaste kiss had his blood boiling. He downed the drink in a swift gulp, his thoughts revolving around a redhead witch who seemed to arise some forgotten lust from him. And he had to stop himself from bringing up the memories of their night together when she turned and looked at him seductively from the patio doors.

"Are you coming?"

Draco's grip tightened on his glass as he followed her inside. The ball was in full swing by this time. Draco's parents moved together on the dance floor, a few of the Weasley men joining in with their wives. Different society ladies were in rather boring conversations about the latest dress designs and jewellery. All in all, it was an event that would go down as smashing in tomorrow's paper.

"Ginny, you must dance," Luna said, waltzing with Blaise on the spot. "It's an incredibly enchanting night. Blaise will dance with you if you'd like."

"No, you go on," Ginny said. "I don't want to ruin your night."

Luna shrugged as Blaise swept her away, her laughter reaching Ginny's ears. "Blaise!"

"She's right you know," Draco commented.

"About what?" asked Ginny.

"You should dance. It makes the evening much better."

"Are you offering to dance with me?" Ginny turned to face him, a questioning look on her face. "If you plan to, I won't decline."

That seemed to be the only confirmation her needed because as soon as the words left her mouth, he swept her into his arms, spinning her around the dance floor with dizzying force. She laughed as she spun back into his arms, finding herself being led into a traditional waltz. If anyone who didn't know Draco well looked at them, they would think he wasn't enjoying himself as he twirled the redhead around the floor song after song. But for the few who did know him, knew the smirk on his face meant he was enjoying himself.

Narcissa finished a piece of the chocolate raspberry cake, which Ginny had managed to whip up in under three hours when she heard Narcissa was planning on using a house elf made cake. "Should we alert them to the fact that the night is over?"

The couple, so enraptured with each other, had not noticed that the night was over. The guests had trickled down until only the Weasleys, Malfoys, and Zabinis remained. Though Luna and Blaise were still in each other's arms as well, the two had moved away from the couple twirling in the middle of the floor. The two didn't think that they belonged there, in Draco and Ginny's moment.

"We should go," Pansy whispered to Ron.

"Should I get Ginny?" asked Ron. "I don't want her to have to go home alone."

Pansy stared at Ginny, who was laughing at Draco's disgruntled face. "I think she'll be alright."

"But-"

Bill cleared his throat. "Ron, leave Ginny alone."

"She's enjoying herself," George pointed out.Angelina rested her head on George's shoulder. "She deserves it."

"Charlie, let's go home." Hermione yawned. "I'm extremely tired."

"Well, it has been a wonderful evening ladies and gentlemen." Charlie stood and helped Hermione out of her chair. "I would go say goodbye to Ginny but I think one of you women might hex me."

"She looks beautiful." Fleur sighed.

"Are you sure we should leave her here with Malfoy?" asked Percy.

"She is fine," Penelope said, leaving no room for argument. "I, however, am not. My feet are killing me."

"We'll go home then," Percy said, not managing to leave without tossing Draco a glare.

"Good thing we didn't let him in on the secret," Charlie whispered. He wrapped an arm around Hermione's shoulder. "We'll see you then."

"Bye," the remaining Weasleys muttered.

Pansy clasped Ron's hand. "We'll go too."

Ron looked ready to protest but Bill silenced him. "Go. George and I are spending the night here in any case. Ginny will be fine."

"I forgot you four were staying," Pansy said.

"You and Mr. Weasley are welcome to stay as well, Pansy," Narcissa said, walking up to the remaining guests. "We have many rooms. If you're too tired to travel, you're more than welcome to take one."

Ron shifted uncomfortable. "Um, if Pansy wants to, we can."

"That would be lovely, Narcissa," Pansy said.

"There are many available guest rooms in the east wing," Narcissa said. "If you're ready to go now, I can have Linus lead you up there."

"Actually, Mrs. Malfoy, I'm quite tired as well," Fleur murmured.

"Oh of course," Narcissa said. "Linus!"

"Mistress called." The ghost butler appeared.

"Show the Weasleys and Ms. Parkinson to the east guest wing. I had their rooms prepared earlier, near their children," Narcissa said. "Ms. Parkinson and Mr. Weasley can stay in the blue room."

"This way, please," Linus said.

"Ginny-"

"Is fine," Angelina said, getting up from her seat. "Ron, leave her alone. I haven't seen her laugh this much in a very long time."

Disgruntled, Ron allowed Pansy to tug him away. "She better be alright in the morning."

Lucius appeared at Narcissa's side. "The Zabinis wanted me to bid you goodnight."

"Let us retire for the evening, dear." Narcissa smiled as her son spun Ginny around in a circle to the soft music, which the orchestra continued to play as Narcissa had instructed. "Should we tell them?"

Lucius watched the couple. "No. Let them be."

"He does look quite happy," Narcissa said softly as Lucius began to lead her out the room. "It was a successful night."

"Very," Lucius said, giving the couple one last look.

Ginny, hearing the heavy doors close behind Narcissa and Lucius, looked around. "Oh, I hadn't noticed the evening was over. Did you?"

Draco gave her an amused smirk. "Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Ginny was shocked to find the ballroom empty. "I would have gone home."

"You seemed to be enjoying yourself immensely," Draco commented.

A house elf appeared, frightening Ginny.

"What is it?" asked Draco.

"Little mistress is awake and asking for young master." The house elf cowered at Draco's feet.

"I will be there in a second," Draco murmured.

As the house elf disappeared, Ginny asked, "May I come too?"

Draco nodded. "She is as much your daughter as mine."

Ginny watched as he told the orchestra they could take their leave before following him as he exited the ballroom. They went up the steps in the foyer, making a right when they reached the top. Ginny wasn't all that surprised to find that the bedrooms were further into the Manor. It was, more than likely, done so that the occupants would not be disturbed should there be noise in the foyer or dining room.

Draco stopped outside of a room, pushing open the door. "Serena?"

"I couldn't sleep." Serena was in the middle of a very large white canopy bed, her red hair sticking out amongst the lavish pale green and white pillows and sheets. "Mother, I didn't know you were here."

It was the first time Serena had ever called her Mother instead of Mum. "Yes, well, I was at the ball."

Serena had a wide grin on her face. "Did you dance with Father?"

"Yes," Ginny answered.

"Let's see if we can't work on getting you back to sleep," Draco whispered. He sat on her bed and took his shoes off before slinging his jacket and tie over one of the chairs at the little table meant for her tea parties. After he was finished, he slid underneath the covers with her. "Why can't you sleep?"

"I don't know," Serena said. She stared at her mother. "Aren't you going to come and lay down as well?"

Ginny raised an eyebrow. "Do you want me to?"

Serena moved closer to her father and lifted her covers as if inviting Ginny to slide underneath. Ginny slipped out of her shoes before sliding underneath as well, giving Draco a discreet questioning gaze. She didn't want to encroach on his territory. But he just gave a little jerk of his shoulders, giving Ginny the impression that he didn't really care whether or not she stayed.

Ginny ran her hand through Serena's hair. "Did you have a bad dream?"

"I woke up and went to find Father in his room. But he wasn't there," Serena muttered. "I didn't know what happened to him."

Draco placed a kiss on Serena's forehead. "I'm right here."

"Love you," Serena mumbled, closing her eyes.

"I love you too," Draco whispered.

"And I love you, Mum." Serena clasped her mother's hand in one of her own and Draco's in the other. "Goodnight."

Ginny smiled as the little girl's breathing evened out. "I think she tricked us."

Serena had snuggled down further on the bed, causing Ginny and Draco's face to be only mere inches from each other. Both were staring down at the top of Serena's head, amused at the little girl's cunning. She had once again manipulated her parents into a position which could only be described as slightly awkward for the two. The awkwardness increased as they both looked up at the same time, their eyes locking.

Ginny inhaled sharply. "Do you remember when you asked me if I regretted it?"

Draco nodded, keeping his movements gentle so as not to awaken his daughter.

"I don't," Ginny whispered.

It may have been the low lighting. It may have been the fact that they were in such close proximity to each other. It may have been Ginny's confession. It may have even been the little alcohol he had consumed. Whatever it was, Draco didn't care. He raised his head slightly, careful not to jostle Serena, and brought his lips down on Ginny's. At first, she didn't respond. But soon, he coaxed her into being an active participant. It was gentle, soft, matching the moment to the tee.

And when he pulled away, Ginny didn't open her eyes. She didn't want to look into his eyes and see the disdain. Instead, she kept her eyes closed and tried to even out her breathing. The wine and Firewhisky she had consumed earlier in the evening lulled her into a comfortable haze. And soon, her body relaxed, her hand still in her daughter's, she was fast asleep.

Draco, on the other hand, was in complete and utter turmoil. He didn't know what had overcome him to do such a thing. His Malfoy pride wouldn't let him admit that he was scared but he was. Though he was beginning to have feelings for Ginny, he feared what might happen if he embraced those feelings. The last thing he wanted to do was to get into a relationship with her and have it not work out. Serena would be devastated.

With that last thought, Draco too drifted into slumber.