Unofficial Portkey Archive

Buttercup by MemoriesFade
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Buttercup

MemoriesFade

Disclaimer: I am not getting paid for this story. I do not own anything from the Harry Potter Universe.

~~~~~~~~

"Good morning, Ginevra," Lucius greeted.

Ginny jumped in shock, almost slamming the door behind her. Fortunately, she managed to catch herself and quietly close the door. She had been extra careful to extricate herself from Serena's bed without jostling the other two occupants. In doing so, she had hoped to be able to find her brothers or, at the very least, sneak back to her flat and change out of her dress, which didn't show a sign of having been slept in. Her hair, on the other hand, stuck up at all ends, which was the reason for the blush staining her cheeks.

"Morning," she mumbled.

"I didn't mean to scare you," Lucius said gently. "Shall I take it that Draco and Serena are still asleep?"

Ginny nodded in reply. "Yes. They both seemed like they could use some sleep."

"Oh there you are, darling." Narcissa's eyes landed on Ginny as she made her way over to the two standing in the hallway. "Ginny, I didn't know you spent the night."

"Serena couldn't sleep," Ginny said. She felt like a teenage girl trying to explain to her parents why she was out of bed. "She managed to con Draco and me into sleeping next to her."

"She gets her deceptive ways from her grandfather." Narcissa gave Lucius a pointed stare. "That's neither here nor there. Ginny, dear, why don't you go have a shower in Draco's bathroom? I'll have the house elves send some clothing and shoes in there before you're through."

"I'd rather not," Ginny said. She could just imagine the scenario should Draco walk into his bathroom to find her showering. "Isn't there another bathroom I could use?"

"Well, I am renovating the rooms." Narcissa tapped her chin. "I suppose you could use mine and Lucius' shower."

"It's fine. I could just pop home." Ginny looked from left to right. "Which way is the closest Floo?"

Lucius watched in amusement. "Ginevra, it won't hurt to stay for breakfast."

"I'm sure Serena would love to see you as soon as she wakes up," Narcissa said.

"Alright," Ginny agreed. "Where is Draco's room?"

Narcissa pointed to the door opposite them. "Draco used to like being close at hand to Serena when they used to live here. To be honest, I would appreciate if they would move back in."

"Didn't Draco say he had to be married before he moved back here?" asked Ginny.

"Not necessarily," Lucius said.

"It wouldn't hurt," Narcissa grumbled.

"I'm going to shower," Ginny said. "Is there any way I can ensure Draco won't come bursting in?"

"A locking charm," Lucius suggested.

Ginny fingered her wand, knowing Draco could probably get through a locking charm. He was a capable wizard, after all. Actually, as far as Ginny remembered, he was more than a capable wizard. Not to mention, he could probably get a house elf to open the door if he'd like. However, she didn't bother arguing. Instead, she gave the couple a nod and disappeared into Draco's room, which she found to be quite large.

At first, she thought she had walked into the wrong room. Upon further inspection, she realized that Draco simply had a sitting room. She noticed that he also had a balcony, her eyes catching sight of a small table and two chairs on the large balcony. She couldn't help but to observe the rest of the room, which sported a fireplace, two couches, a lovely plush rug, and a writing desk, which had an eagle owl quill and a picture frame of baby Serena on top. Furthermore, she was surprised to find that the room didn't have the overbearing theme of silver and green or green and black. Instead, the room was decorated in a soft cream color with brown accents.

Snorting at the sight of the double doors, which she assumed led to the bedroom, she pushed them open, resisting the urge to jump on the bed and indulge in some much needed sleep. It wasn't that Serena's bed wasn't extremely comfortable. It was just that sometime around four in the morning, she had been awoken by the fact that her hand had lost all feeling due to Serena's death grip. She had spent the next four hours trying to wriggle her hand free without disturbing the young girl. All in all, she had only managed three hours of sleep.

Though the four hours of being awake had been unfortunate, she had used the time to think about her kiss with Draco. She made her way pass the large bed swathed in cream and brown sheets, and the large windows hidden behind brown drapes, held open with tassels, more than likely worth more than her flat, and sheer cream curtains. She opened the door on one side of the bed, happy to find the bathroom, which proved just how much money the Malfoys had.

In the centre of the room, underneath a canopy, reflecting the stars, held up by pillars of marble, was a marble tub, big enough to fit at least fourteen people comfortably. The toilet alone could probably buy Ginny a beautiful house in the country. Off to the corner of the room was a marble shower, which could easily fit a bed and a vanity. The counters were marble as well with his and her sinks, odd seeing as how Draco probably had the room for all his life. Then again, this would probably be the room he would share with his future wife.

Deciding it would be in her best interest to shower as quickly as possible, she stripped out of her gown and pulled her hair out of its elaborate style. As she moved to remove the corset she had on, a popping sound caused her to jump in fright. She spun around to see an elf, holding clothing items and shoes in his hand, while apologizing profusely. After three seconds of babbling, the house elf left the folded items on the marble counter and disappeared.

Ginny jumped in the shower as soon as she had taken off her undergarments, turning the hot water on. She became less worried of someone bursting in on her after the first few minutes. Her rational thinking provided her with the thought that they wouldn't see anything. Steam filled the room, covering the glass door, making her outline visible but nothing else.

She enjoyed the warm spray of hot water as her thoughts went to Draco. More specifically, she began thinking about the fact that Draco had used this shower. Draco had, undoubtedly, been in this shower naked. A shudder ran through her body as she thought of a naked Draco, causing her to immediately turn the water to cold rather than hot. The icy cold managed to cool her body to a more normal state.

But not even the cold water could stop her mind from drifting to the kiss. It had been soft, gentle. And she couldn't stop herself from touching her lips at the thought of his lips. It wasn't what she had expected from him. She had expected rough, passionate, not that the kiss hadn't been passionate. It still had, after all, managed to stir something inside of her.

She shut the shower off, knowing all this thinking wouldn't help her at all. She dried off with one of the fluffy towels that had been left with the clothes, drying her hair with her wand soon after. She blushed at the sight of the lacy undergarments Narcissa had sent for her, quickly pulling them on. She hastily pulled on the dress right after, groaning at the sight of herself. It was a beautiful short-sleeved floral print green dress. However, it made her look like she was in her mid-thirties rather than her early twenties.

She waved her wand at her hair, satisfied as it straightened out. She then slipped on the green stilettos with an exasperated sigh. She had quite enough with heels from the night before. She gathered her clothing from the floor, being careful not to ruin the gown, all the while grumbling under her breath about bloody stilettos. After composing herself, she opened the door and squeaked, dropping her things as she did.

As soon as she stepped out the door, she let out a tiny squeak. Draco was standing in the door to his closet, facing her, the top three buttons of his shirt open and exposing a bit of his chest. She quickly drew her eyes away from the sight of the exposed skin, choosing to look in his eyes, which didn't prove any better. He was enjoying the faint pink color tingeing her cheeks.

"Sorry," Ginny muttered.

He smirked at her, amusement dancing in his eyes, his damp hair falling in his face. "I don't think you really have anything to be sorry about. I'll accept the apology, though."

Ginny blushed, gathering her things in her arms. "You have a nice bathroom."

"I know," he drawled. "You took your own time in there."

"Sorry. I'm done if you need to use it," she said.

"I used one of the other bathrooms in the wing," Draco said.

Ginny narrowed her eyes. "There was another bathroom?"

Draco raised an eyebrow, buttoning the rest of the buttons on his shirt. "Yes. I was surprised you didn't use one."

"Your mother," Ginny said.

Draco nodded in understanding. "I think Mother and Serena are on a mission to see us together."

"Oh," Ginny said.

Draco dragged a black sweater on over his button down. "Listen. Mother and Father are the only ones awake right now. No one will be ready for breakfast for another hour or so. Why don't we take a walk?"

Ginny smiled. "I'd like that."

"You can leave your things on the bed." Draco motioned to his large bed. "The house elves will clean them and I'll send them to you."

"Thank you," Ginny said.

After Draco had finished drying his hair, he tucked Ginny's arm in the nook of his, much like the night before, and led her out of the room. "This is my wing. I used to have a room in my parent's wing as a child. But after I turned fifteen, I got my own wing."

"It must have been lonely," Ginny muttered. "I have to say that this is nothing like I had imagined it would be like."

"What did you imagine?"

Ginny looked at the large windows that displayed the vast expanse of the lawn. "Dark stone, bats, and cobwebs in every corner were very prominent in my mind."

"You could probably find those in our cellar." He sighed as Ginny stiffened at his side. "I should have known Potter would have told you the story."

"We were in a relationship," Ginny muttered.

"I know what everyone says about me," Draco said. "I should be lucky and grateful that Harry Potter stepped in on my behalf. And I am. But I'm most grateful to my mother. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be here today. I would, more than likely, be in Azkaban along with my entire family. If my mother asked me to jump off a cliff today, I would."

"Why did you do it?" asked Ginny.

He shrugged. "It would be easy to say that I was abused as a child and followed in my father's footsteps because he bullied me. But that wouldn't be true. I wasn't beaten as a child-"

"Gryffindors would be sad to here that. We swore you were," Ginny commented lightly.

"-my mother wasn't abused, and I wasn't forced to do anything. I followed in my father's footsteps because I, much like every other child, thought my father could do no wrong. He was always right. And after he got sent to Azkaban, I began to realize my father wasn't right. It was too late, though. My mother's life was in danger. Her fate and my father's fate depended on me. I was scared out of my mind."

Draco paused and led her down a set of stairs that led into a marble lobby. There were several hallways leading off the lobby and a set of double doors. He opened the doors and led Ginny into a beautiful room. The walls opposite the doors were made of glass, French doors in the centre, leading out to the lawn. She caught a glimpse of the maze from the previous night, though she was sure it was a different entrance.

"This is one of Mother's favorite rooms," Draco said. "It used to be a greenhouse with dangerous plants grown for some sick purposes. But, after the war, Mother gutted most of the Manor. This was one of the first rooms she finished. She then redid her wing and my wing before moving onto two guest wings."

"Is she done yet?" asked Ginny, stepping further into the room, the sunlight streaming down on her from the glass ceiling.

"No," Draco said. "There are far too many rooms in the Manor for her to finish it. It will take a few more years."

Ginny looked out on the lawn. "Can we go outside?"

Draco was already opening the doors. "Are you coming?"

"Git," Ginny muttered under her breath, looping her arm through his once more. "The Manor was used as a meeting place, right?"

Draco nodded. "Any room that the Death Eaters had been in, Mother renovated. The ballroom we were in last night was one of them."

"You have more than one ballroom?"

"Seven," Draco said.

Ginny gasped at the sight of the large lake further down the lawn. "You certainly have a beautiful landscape. I would never be indoors if my backyard looked anything like this."

"You haven't seen the library," Draco said. "It puts Hogwarts to shame."

Ginny's eyes twinkled. "I would rather see the kitchen."

He shook his head in amusement, holding her tighter to him. "Your wish is my command."

Ginny found herself in a familiar position moments later, her body pressed against Draco. She hadn't been anticipating the fact that he would Apparate into the kitchen. So, she was caught off guard, not able to stick her landing. She wanted to turn and yell at him. But she found herself too distracted by the vision around her. So much so that she didn't even see the smug look on Draco's face, nor the deep stormy color of his eyes as she wriggled against him.

"It's beautiful." Ginny ran her hand along the granite counters, stainless steel appliances, and various other items in the kitchen. "If I had a kitchen like this, I would never leave."

"I suppose it's a good thing you don't," Draco said. "I think I quite like your company."

Ginny spun around and stared at him, her eyes locking onto his. "We should talk, Draco."

"I know." He dragged his hand through his hair.

Ginny, seeing that he was not going to be the first to talk, blurted out, "I like you."

He raised an eyebrow. "Is that so?"

"Yes," Ginny bit out, blushing. "I feel like a bloody teenager."

"You aren't far from it," Draco pointed out. "You're only twenty three. Or are you twenty four?"

"Twenty three," Ginny said. She scrunched her nose. "Merlin, I feel like I'm thirty."

"Having a child brings maturity," Draco said.

"I need tea for this conversation." As soon as she said it, a house elf appeared and busied itself with summoning two cups and boiling water. "They're efficient."

Draco motioned for her to follow him. She did. They travelled down a long a hallway before entering the foyer of the Manor. Draco then led her up the steps in the foyer and down several more hallways. As he did, Ginny began to recognize some things from the night before. Finally, she noticed that they were in his wing and going into his room. He didn't speak as he held the door open for her, closed it as she entered, and walked out on the balcony. She joined him, sitting across from him at the table.

When she sat, two teacups appeared on the table. "That's neat."

"I didn't think you wanted Mother or Father to be privy to our conversation." His elegant fingers curled around the handle of the teacup. "Mother would have the house elves report back to her the instant she heard we were in the kitchens."

"Oh," Ginny said softly. She looked out at the luscious green color of the lawn before her. "The grounds really are beautiful."

"I'll be sure to tell Mother," Draco drawled. "But that isn't what we're here to talk about."

Ginny huffed. "Do you want to start the conversation then?"

"I don't want to hurt Serena," Draco said.

Ginny looked at him in confusion. "I don't either."

"In the perfect world, you and I would be in love with each other, married, with more babies on the way." He put the teacup down and dragged his hand through his hair. "This isn't a perfect world, though. You and I don't love each other. At least I know I don't love you."

"Don't worry. I don't love you either." Ginny laughed at the relief on his face, sobering to speak her next sentence. "I do have some sort of feelings for you. That I won't deny. I think it would be a rather stupid thing as you seem quite adept at reading my emotions."

"Your facial expressions are similar to Serena's," Draco said.

"On the subject of Serena, what did you mean about not wanting to hurt her?" Ginny sighed. "Well, I know that neither of us wants to hurt her. But why would we?"

"You are a Weasley. I am a Malfoy. The two of us are born and bred in hatred towards each other. If this doesn't work out, Serena will be devastated," Draco explained. "I cannot and will not take that chance."

Ginny furrowed her brows. "I'm not the type of girl to get offended. Really, I'm not. But if I were the type to get offended, I would point out the fact that you dated Tracey Davis. And while Serena didn't love her, she certainly was emotionally affected by the fact that you had Tracey in her life."

Draco shook his head. "Tracey was different."

"She was worth taking a chance on?" Ginny gripped her teacup with more force than necessary. It was as if Draco was throwing her feelings back into her face. "Perhaps I should retract my earlier statement. I am the type of girl to get offended."

"No. If we were speaking of worth, you are far better in that category." Ginny felt slightly better at the compliment. "I meant that you are Serena's mother. She loves you dearly. Can you imagine how distraught she would be if we were to suddenly break apart and wish to never see each other again? She would be thrust in a situation where she would have to choose between the two of us."

Ginny began to feel like a horrible parent for not thinking of that scenario. "Oh."

"Don't start," Draco said, leaning over to wipe the tear that had escaped her eye. "I have years of thinking about Serena before I think of myself. You are at the beginning stages. And you're still doing a more remarkable job than I did."

"What if there was a solution?" Ginny didn't want to be rid of all the chances to be with Draco. Perhaps it was just her hormones speaking. Or perhaps it was something deeper. She just knew that they needed to at least attempt to try this relationship, if not for their sakes, then for Serena's. The little girl deserved a chance at a normal family, even if it would be later on in her life. "Maybe there is a way to work around things."

"Do you have any brilliant ideas?"

"We don't tell her," Ginny said simply. "Listen. I very well understand what you're saying. But I absolutely think the wrong thing for us to do in this situation is to not attempt something, even if we bloody well shag and realize we didn't need anything other from that. If it does work out, Serena will be the happiest girl on the planet. And if it doesn't, we're old enough to set our differences aside and pretend like nothing ever happened."

Draco smirked. "Are you suggesting something Ms. Weasley?"

"What?" Ginny didn't like the devilish smirk on his face. "I just told you what I suggested."

"I liked the shagging part," he said. "I liked the shagging part very much."

Ginny rolled her eyes. "Did you even hear anything after that?"

He shrugged. "Yes, something about needing to try this out for Serena's sake. I got the general idea. Can we get back to the shagging?"

"Sorry, I expect at least dinner first." She smiled. "I don't put out on the first date."

"I didn't to carry you on a date the first time." He leaned in as close as he could get with the table in between them, which was rather close, seeing as how it was a small table. Somehow, he still managed to look sexy leaning across a table. "Or is that my memory playing tricks on me?"

Ginny blushed. "That was different."

"Mmm, you shouldn't blush like that in front of me." His eyes glanced downwards towards her chest. "Brings back lovely memories of where that blush spreads. Does it still do that?"

"I don't know." Ginny tried her best not to sound breathy and giggly. She also tried her best not to yell out for him to take a look. Gladly, she managed to compose herself, clearing her throat. "If this is what our dates are going to be like, I may have to break things off prematurely."

"Not to worry," Draco said, leaning back in his chair, the picture of relaxation. "I can wine and dine you until you're mush in my arms."

"Is that a promise?" asked Ginny coyly. She placed her elbows on the table, placing her chin on the back of her palms and batting her eyelashes. "I hope it is."

"You shouldn't start things you can't finish, Ms. Weasley." Though his tone was light, his eyes were significantly darker.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Ginny said dismissively.

"You don't know that your teasing arouses a need in me to take you in my room and have my wicked way with you?" Draco grinned predatorily as she immediately became flustered. "That is a lovely look for you."

"Git," Ginny muttered.

"So, when shall our first date take place?"

"When are you available?" asked Ginny.

"For you, anytime," Draco said, winking.

"Are you trying to get in my trousers, Mr. Malfoy?"

"I would settle for getting under your dress," Draco replied. "Is it working?"

"No," Ginny said. "And perhaps we should start off with something small instead of a full-fledged date."

"I have to be in Diagon Alley tomorrow evening, near to your bakery, actually." He seemed thoughtful at this revelation. "I have some business to take care of. Would you be available for a walk or something to that effect in the evening?"

"Sometime after six will be fine," Ginny said. "Now, may I enquire as to what business you'll be dealing with? I'm a curious witch."

"Father wants to run through some aspects of the Malfoy Conglomerate." Upon her questioning glance, he decided to enlighten her. "The Malfoy Conglomerate, formerly the Malfoy Corporation, controls small businesses in the wizarding world. We changed the name from Corporation when we began to expand after the war."

"George told me about that," Ginny commented. "He said you offered to buy his business."

"Father did," Draco corrected. "I haven't had anything to do with the Malfoy Conglomerate since I started the sports section."

Ginny raised an eyebrow, asking, "The sports section?"

"To be technical, the sports division, focusing mainly on Quidditch," he said, sipping his tea. "After the war, I spent a year working for my father as a lackey. He wanted me to work my way through the company. After seeing the profit Quidditch brought in, I made up a proposal of sorts. Father was pleased. He bought the Falcons, along with the Nimbus Racing Broom Company."

"You're a Nimbus man, then?"

"The Nimbus Series is the best by far. They just came out with a new prototype for the Nimbus 4000. I can't wait to test fly it." Draco's expression was priceless, excitement dancing in his eyes, a grin on his face. Instead of looking older than he was, he looked every bit a twenty-four year old. "The Firebolt Company has the Lightning now. But I still think it's a bit shoddy."

"I haven't been on a broom in ages," Ginny said forlornly. She snapped out of her daze, flashing him a smile. "Tell me more about the Malfoy Conglomerate. What else do you own?"

"Well, we recently bought Quality Quidditch Supplies, more so we could market the Falcons in the store than anything else. We also own a few minor league teams and international ones as well," Draco said. "But we also dabble in other sports as well. There's the American version of Quidditch, Quodpot. And we also sponsor certain flyers in the Annual Broom Race of Sweden. Other small sports here and there as well for show."

"And this is just the sports division?" Ginny gaped. "What other divisions are there?"

"A few restaurants across the world, clothing stores, Mother's addition to the company, and more recently we've begun to take interest in certain magazines. Blaise wants to make the proposal up for that one, seeing as how I will be entering in the company soon. I will be taking up my post overseeing the sports division as well as the restaurant division." Draco tapped his fingers against the table. He hadn't shared that information with anyone else. "He wants to start with the Quibbler."

Ginny snorted. "The Malfoys buying the Quibbler sounds a bit unrealistic."

"You haven't taken a look at the magazine lately," Draco said. "Luna managed to turn it around into an informative piece on actual existing creatures. There are a few made up ones in there. But that's to keep her father happy. It's a world renowned magazine now. It is the journal for scholarly articles on beasts. It's quite interesting."

"I'm surprised the ground isn't swallowing us up right now." Ginny smiled. "You certainly have changed, Draco Malfoy."

"So have you," he said, though his eyes were riveted more to her chest than anywhere else. He smirked as she shook her head in disgust. "Have I satisfied your knowledge of the company yet?"

"When do you plan on going back to the company?" asked Ginny. "You seem happy to be a coach."

"I am," he said. "However, in the far future, Father will be retiring, more than likely around the time I turn thirty. I need to further acquaint myself with the business. I'd like to start somewhere small first. And then when I have to oversee the entirety of our business, I will be more capable of doing so."

"Maybe you can buy Witch Weekly and the Daily Prophet," Ginny said. "I'm about tired of all the articles and suspicions revolving around our alleged marriage."

"My mother's doing," Draco said. "I don't think she intends on fixing it either. If it does bother you so much, I can have our publicist see to it."

"No, leave it alone," Ginny said. "Maybe it will fend off unwanted advances from the men coming into my shop. It seems that they all want what Draco Malfoy has."

He chuckled. "I didn't think it was that serious."

"It is," she replied.

Just then a house elf popped up at Draco's elbow. He sighed. "What is it, Trixie?"

"Breakfast is being ready, Master," Trixie said, not looking the slightest bit intimidated.

As Trixie popped away, Ginny giggled. "You named your house elf Trixie?"

Draco sniffed. "At five, I didn't know it would become a familiar name amongst street whores. Besides, I'm so used to her I couldn't bother changing it now. Though, she's very upset that I didn't take her with me when I moved."

"Why didn't you?" Ginny stood from the table. "Is she the house elf you grew up with?"

"I'll be returning to the Manor someday." He stared out at the property, a proud look on his face. "She will remain my personal elf when I arrive."

Ginny looped her arm through his offered one. "Does Serena have one?"

"She has at my home," Draco said.

"Your home is beautiful, by the way." Ginny realized they were making their way back to the foyer. "I've never actually gotten to explore Falmouth before. You're right on the coast. I only caught a glimpse of it on the way to your home. And that was during the night."

"You should see the back of the house. The view is spectacular. And we have our own private section of the sea," he said. "I spent months making sure the water was good enough for Serena. We live in the wizarding section. So, we don't have to worry about muggles at all, nor their boats."

By the time Ginny had finished groaning over how lucky he was, they had reached the dining hall. The doors were left open, causing Ginny and Draco to hastily part before anyone could catch sight of them. Even though the gesture of Draco escorting her wouldn't have seemed odd, they didn't want to encourage Serena or Narcissa to try and set them up. If they were truly going to try their hands at this relationship, it would be on their own terms.

"Mum, you're still here." Serena hopped out of her chair, much to her grandmother's horror. Narcissa began mumbling about inappropriate behavior as the young girl wrapped her arms around her mother's legs. "I thought it was just a dream when you and Father weren't in my bed this morning."

George looked up from where he had been buttering a scone. "You slept in the same bed."

Ginny patted her brother on the head, placing a kiss on his cheek. "Serena was in between us."

"It wouldn't matter if she wasn't." Angelina poked George. "Ginny is an adult."

"Thank you," Ginny said, kissing Angelina on the cheek as well. She moved towards Fred, who seemed unhappy that his new cousin had left him by himself. "Good morning, Fred. Did you sleep well?"

The four year old pouted, pointing at Jasmine. "Kick me."

"Did not," Jasmine yelled.

Fleur pinched Jasmine's arm. "Don't yell at your younger cousin."

Jasmine pouted in the direction of Bill, who replied with a stern, "That look will not work."

"Fine," Jasmine said.

"Morning, Bill, Fleur," Ginny said, giving the two a wave. "Ron, Pansy, I didn't know you two were staying."

"I didn't know you would be either," Ron grumbled. "I definitely didn't know you would be sleeping in the same bed as Malfoy."

Pansy elbowed Ron and gave Ginny a smile. "He's a bit crabby this morning."

Ginny glanced around the table, unsure of where to sit. Lucius sat at the head of the table. Narcissa sat on his right. Bill and Fleur were next to her with Jasmine in between them. Pansy and Ron were sitting next to Fleur. Then, on Lucius's left, were three empty seats. The third seat was the one Serena had vacated. Next to her was Fred, then Angelina, and George was sitting next to Angelina. Ginny moved to take the seat next to George but Serena, who had been speaking with her father, grabbed her hand and pulled her to the seat next to her seat, and as Ginny soon found out, next to Draco's.

"Help yourself," Narcissa said to Ginny. "We had to start without you two. The kids were getting hungry."

"She means George," Angelina joked.

Ginny laughed. "I wouldn't doubt it."

"What were you two doing?" asked Pansy.

"None of your business, Parkinson," Draco drawled.

"Parkinson means it was something juicy." Pansy's eyes twinkled. "Ginny will share, eventually."

"Don't count on it," Ginny muttered.

"Good morning, all," Blaise said cheerily, entering the room with Luna at his side, Xavier in her arms. "You all look fantastic."

"Seems like Luna tried out some new tricks in the bedroom again," Pansy sang.

"Pansy," Narcissa scolded. "Honestly, where are your manners?"

"Sorry," Pansy said, not looking sorry at all.

"Blaise, you're certainly-chipper," Draco commented.

"Luna wasn't feeling herself this morning. So, the Mediwitch came over to have a look," Blaise said. Upon seeing the worried faces, he hastily said, "She is fine. But we found out some lovely news."

"We're having a girl," Luna exclaimed excitedly.

The next few minutes were devoted to squealing and hugs from the women, manly pats from the men, and greetings to Xavier from the children, especially Serena, who took charge and introduced her cousins to Xavier. However, after minutes passed, the squealing and hugs subsided and everyone settled back down in their seats to enjoy breakfast amongst chatter of babies and the ball.

"The Weasleys made quite a splash in society last night." Lucius pushed the Daily Prophet towards Bill, who held his hand out for the paper. "It seems word of a family alliance has the world talking."

"Ginny is the next Malfoy bride," Bill said.

Fleur pointed to the paper. "This is a lovely picture of you Ginny."

Ginny held her hands up in a gesture that showed she didn't want to see it. "I've had enough of reading about my supposed future. I'm also pregnant again. Did anyone read that article?"

"I read the one that said you were having twins, a boy and a girl," Luna said. "It was an exclusive statement to the Daily Prophet. You will be naming them Draco and Ginevra Junior."

"If I ever try and name my child Ginevra Junior, kill me on the spot." Ginny bit into a blueberry muffin, saddened by the fact that she hadn't been to her bakery in over a week. "I'll be happy to be back at the bakery. But I will not be happy to have them lingering around the shop."

"We can take care of that," Lucius said. "It is up to you, though, Ginevra."

"Consider it my get well gift," Narcissa said, laying a hand on Lucius's arm. "You'll feel better in an environment free of all the reporters."

"I wouldn't want you to go through all that trouble," Ginny said.

"No trouble at all," Narcissa said.

"I will be in my study if anyone needs me," Lucius said. He kissed his wife's hand. "Excuse me."

Ginny shot a helpless look at Draco, who seemed disgruntled. "My father likes you more than me."

"Don't worry that large ego of yours," Ginny said, patting his arm. "I'm sure he loves you more than me."

"I wouldn't be so sure," Narcissa said lightly, enjoying teasing her son. "He has taken quite a liking to you, Ginevra."

"It's an outrage," Draco muttered.

Pansy giggled. "Oh, Draco, if only you could see your face?"

"Wench," Draco muttered.

"What's a wench?" asked Serena.

"Draco Malfoy," Narcissa yelled.

"A wench is a word you will never use in your life," Ginny said.

"And if anyone ever calls you one, you tell one of us," Bill said across the table.

"We'll be sure to take care of it," Ron added.

"But Father called Aunt Pansy a wench," Serena said.

"Don't worry your pretty little head about it," George said, reaching over Fred and rubbing Serena's hair. "Your mum has it all taken care of."

Ginny shot a scathing look at Draco before smiling at Serena, knowing they needed a change of subject. "I could certainly use a little helper in the bakery today. I'm going to be making chocolate éclairs for tomorrow morning."

"Father, can I go?"

"As long as you bring me back a batch," Draco said.

Narcissa sighed. "I rue the day I ever gave you chocolate."