Unofficial Portkey Archive

Buttercup by MemoriesFade
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Buttercup

MemoriesFade

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from the Harry Potter Universe. Nor am I earning any money from writing this.

I went back and changed the last chapter. Hopefully, that will take care of any formatting issues. Let me know if there are any.

Sorry for the long wait. I keep forgetting I started posting here. I promise not to be as bad about it in the future.


The Weasley matriarch busied herself, knitting a sweater for her eldest son. She would have to start now in order to be done by Christmas. Though the Christmas season was eight months away, it never hurt to be prepared. Besides, she had nothing else to do with her time. There were no grandchildren to take care of this weekend. No, it was just her and her husband. But Arthur was busy in his shed, which left Molly to her own devices.

The sound of someone coughing in her fireplace sent excitement running through her. Perhaps one of her children had decided to visit after all. She welcomed the distraction that her children or grandchildren might bring her. Her day would be boring without someone to keep her company. However, as she looked up and stared into those familiar brown eyes, panic invaded her mind.

Molly Weasley had not seen her daughter in a little over four years. The impromptu visit she had given her daughter years ago had shaken her to the core. Her daughter had been downing bottles of Firewhisky, wine, muggle whiskey; basically, anything with alcohol had sufficed. The sight of her daughter face down on a wooden floor, tears of depression and sadness flowing down her face, was one Molly could not forget. It had been too much. Now, though, her daughter stood tall in front of her, wiping soot from her clothes.

"Hello, Mum."

"Ginny," Molly exclaimed, hiding her alarm behind a mask of happiness. "It's good to see you. But, if you don't mind me asking, what brings you home?"

"No reason," Ginny said, the calmness in her voice creating a deception of utter happiness. "Actually, that's a lie."

"Oh, so you have a reason?"

"Yes," Ginny admitted. "I've decided to move back home."

"What?" Fear gripped Molly in its hands, a feeling of foreboding washing over the mother of seven. She had raised Ginny. And she knew that her daughter would not just decide to move home for no reason. "I thought you were happy."

"I was." Ginny crossed her arms, a look that would make Voldemort run in fright being shot in Molly's direction. "That is until I got a visit."

"A visit from who, dear?" Molly shifted her feet, not missing Ginny's anger. "You look upset. Would you like a cup of tea?"

"Well, the bakery has been doing quite successful lately. I've had people from all parts of America come for my treats. I even have had some people come all the way from here to order my baked goods." Ginny took to pacing the room, a short laugh escaping her small frame. "And last week, a boy, actually, I should say man, walked into my shop. You remember Draco Malfoy. Don't you, Mum?"

"How could I forget?" The slight shakiness in Molly's voice did not go unnoticed.

"Ginny? You're home!"

Ginny spun around, arms flying at her to embrace her in a hug. She hadn't expected to see any of her brothers around. Though, it did not surprise her. After Fred's death, her family had tried its hardest to stay as tight knit as possible. The only person who had not been included in the family closeness was Ginny. Her mother had stayed away from her for years, her father and brothers being her only visitors. Ginny had asked about her mother time and time again, receiving the same answers. It was usually about her having to look after her grandchildren.

"Hi, Charlie," Ginny said flatly.

"You don't sound so happy." Charlie stepped back from her, his arm staying around her shoulder. "Is everything alright?"

"Why don't you have a seat, Charlie?" Ginny motioned to where her mother sat. It would be a good time to gauge whether or not her brothers knew. "I was about to tell Mum an interesting story."

Charlie shrugged. "Hermione will understand."

"I'm sure she will." Ginny grinned like a Cheshire cat. "Where were we, Mum? Oh right, Draco Malfoy."

"The bloke who knocked you up and took no responsibility?" asked Charlie.

"That's what I thought too, Charlie," Ginny said. "But, you see, he has a daughter."

"I heard. Didn't her mother die?" Charlie shook his head. "Poor thing, growing up with that bastard as a father must not be fun."

"The thing is her mother isn't dead." Ginny clapped her hands together. "Isn't that right, Mum?"

"Ginny, your father and I did what we thought was best," Molly explained, gaining her motherly tone. "I will not say that it was wrong. Because I believe it was the right thing to do."

"You're insane," Ginny yelled.

"What's going on?" Arthur Weasley walked in, wiping his hands on a cloth. "Ginny, what are you doing home?"

"Join the discussion, Dad." The title in which she called him held venom and hatred. "We were on the part where you took my daughter from me and told me she was dead."

"What?" Charlie's expression of confusion would have been hilarious at any other time. "Mum said that your baby died. You had a stillbirth. Isn't that why you left?"

"It is why I left," Ginny agreed. "However, it isn't the truth. Apparently, my parents thought it would be best to tell me my child was dead. They thought it was best to let me be depressed and wallow in my own self-pity. They left my daughter outside in the rain on the night she was born. The sight of you sickens me."

"That's impossible." Charlie refused to believe his parents were capable of such an act. "I would have known."

"Well, I thought I would have known my daughter was alive all these years," Ginny spat. "But I was wrong. You told him I was dead. You told Luna, my best friend, that I had died. You made a little girl suffer without her mother. You almost ruined any chance I had of seeing her."

"And rightly so," Molly yelled. "You had a chance at a new life, Ginny. Don't you see that? Why would you want to get involved with that boy and his spawn?"

The moment the words left her mouth, Molly was blasted across the room. Ginny stood with her wand outstretched, her body shaking. The room became a flurry of action as the two men chose their sides. Charlie ran to Ginny, holding her trembling form, helping her lower her wand. While Arthur moved to his wife, checking to make sure that she was alright.

"That child is my spawn too," Ginny said, her voice quivering. "I loved you as a daughter would a mother. You took that chance away from my daughter. She's never had a mother."

"You could have killed me." Fury took over Molly. "How would you feel if you killed your mother over some child? I was in my right to protect you, Ginny."

"No. You weren't." Charlie was the one who spoke. "Ginny was eighteen when she gave birth. She was a legal adult."

"The paper you made me sign," Ginny whispered, eyes widening. "You knew I wouldn't be in any state to think after you broke the news."

Molly held a hand to the bleeding wound on her forehead. "You wouldn't have seen reason, Ginny. Don't you see? I gave you a life, Ginny. I gave it to you. I made sure you had a chance to live your dreams."

"You are truly sick," Ginny said. "There is something wrong with you if you think that what you did was right."

"Ginny," Arthur pleaded. "You're right. We should have never done what we did. And I should have told you earlier. But what's done is done. It's in the past."

"Don't you dare, Arthur Weasley," Molly commanded. "Stand by your decision."

"It was your decision, Molly." Arthur rubbed the tiredness out of his eyes. "I had trouble sleeping at nights thinking about what we had done, Ginny. I'm sorry. I'm so very sorry."

"We've visited Ginny so many times, Dad." Charlie held onto his sister as if letting go would mean she would disappear from his life forever. "You could have told her. You could have done something."

"Her name is Serena," Ginny whispered. "And she's beautiful. I am happy that I will never have to introduce her to you. You will never see my daughter or me again."

"Ginny." Arthur reached out to his daughter, dropping his hand when she turned her head away. "I cannot stand to lose you again."

"You should have thought about that six years ago." Ginny's eyes landed on her mother. "It hurts me to see that you feel no remorse."

"I will not apologize." Molly held her head high, blood trickling down her face. "I did what was best for my daughter. No one can tell me otherwise."

Ginny laughed, all humour gone from her voice. "You're deranged, seriously deranged. How could you think what you did was right? It was immoral and depraved. I almost killed myself. Did you know that?"

Molly's eyes widened.

"I slit my wrists with a knife, Mum." Ginny noted the look of surprise flit over Molly's face. "I almost succeeded too. If Hermione hadn't decided to drop in that night, I wouldn't be standing here today."

"She never told me that," Charlie said softly.

"I asked her to keep it to herself," Ginny replied. "And that wasn't the first time. I'd also tried to turn my wand on myself. But apparently I didn't have enough hatred in me. Right now, though, is another story."

"Ginny, we should go," Charlie urged. "You don't want to do anything too rash."

"Don't I, Charlie?" Ginny's eyes were empty. "These people took my happiness away from me. They deserve whatever they get."

She raised her wand once more, her eyes firmly on her mother. With the hatred that coursed through her body, the killing curse would be an easy attempt. However, she couldn't bring herself to do it. Not with Charlie by her side and her father staring at her as if he wouldn't blame her for doing it. The feat was impossible. Instead, she settled on the Bat Bogey Hex, the spell a little more childish than she would have liked. But it got the job done.

"Let's go to my place, Gin."

Ginny wrapped her arms around her brother, allowing him to take her away. Shock had overcome her. Her mother had acted so unlike herself. The way she defended her actions made Ginny want to vomit. Luckily, she had not eaten that day because she knew she would be travelling internationally.


"She's been like that all day." Hermione stood in the doorway of her guest room. "I don't know what to do."

Ron peeked over Hermione's shoulder, a sense of sadness hitting him at the sight of his sister curled up in the middle of the bed. "We're waiting on Bill."

"Maybe it isn't such a good idea for you all to go speak with her." Hermione walked downstairs to the living room where the rest of the Weasley men were conversing. "I think maybe one of you should go."

"The only way any of us can deal with her is together," Charlie said. He held his arms open so his wife could come and sit on his lap, her presence comforting him. "I never thought that something like this could happen."

"I always thought Malfoy just had a thing for red-heads. I figured he slept with another red-head and had a kid." George tilted his head, a smile on his face. "This is the part where Fred would say Malfoy had a red-head fetish."

"That's why he used to argue with us at school," Ron said, chuckling. "It turned him on."

Despite themselves, the four brothers laughed. The small moment of happiness managed to lift the spirits of the room, talk of new things beginning to filter into the conversation. Penelope was pregnant. Eva, Ron's daughter, had said her first word. And George was planning on opening a shop in Hogsmeade. The conversation, which Bill walked in, made everything seem normal, if only for a moment.

"We're all here then." Charlie slapped Bill on the back. "You're the eldest."

"I'm getting too old for family reunions." Bill sighed. "How long's it been now since the incident?"

"Six years," Charlie answered. "Ginny said Serena, that's the daughter's name, is turning six in a few days."

"I can't help but to feel this is our fault," Ron said. "We should have been there. Mum would have never gotten away with something like that while we were around."

"Can't fix the past, brother dear," George said.

"Now we just have to make sure she's alright," Bill said.

"Penelope said we should take it slowly." Percy adjusted his glasses. "Don't startle her."

"You shouldn't go in then, Perce." George grinned. "Your face might scare her. If not, your pompous attitude would do the trick."

Percy huffed. "You haven't said anything new, George."

"Enough," Bill said, cutting through the sibling argument. "We've got our brotherly duties to perform."

The five brothers made their way upstairs, a nervous Hermione following them. It had been four years since she had broken things off with Ron and one since she had been married to Charlie. Fate had put it that she would be in the Weasley family. However, it was not how she had initially thought. She had envisioned being the one married to Ron, having his children. Instead, she was married to Charlie, one month pregnant with his child, a fact that Charlie did not know about as of yet.

"Ginny?"

Ginny stirred on the bed, her eyes shifting to the group in her doorway. "She's alive."

"We know." Bill was the first to walk in the room and take a seat on the bed. He brushed his sister's hair out of her face, noticing how much older she had gotten. "I'm sorry Ginny. If we had known, I would have told you."

Ginny turned to face the rest of her brothers. "You all don't have to stand there and be so awkward."

George laughed. "It's going to be good having you back, Ginny."

"About that," Ginny muttered. "Does anyone have some extra room for me to stay?"

"You can stay here, Ginny," Hermione suggested excitedly. "We have this room free and another guest room down the hall."

"Thanks, Hermione." Ginny looked at her old friend with mixed emotions. "Thank you, all of you. I know you would have told me if you knew. I'm not mad at any of you. I'm just mad at Mum and Dad."

"We are too, Ginny," Ron said, joining Bill and Ginny on the bed. "Charlie told us what you did to them. I wish we had been there to see it. If I remember, you were amazing with a wand."

Ginny started crying. "Thanks, Ron."

"Don't cry," George whined. "I hate when girls cry."

"Stop being insensitive," Hermione whispered, furiously. "Ginny, do you need anything?"

"No," Ginny mumbled, sniffling. "I just can't believe she's been alive all these years. I feel like I've been in a state of constant shock over the past week."

"Well, all you can do now is get your life started again." Hermione smiled, walking in the room. "You should try getting in touch with all your friends again like Luna and even Harry."

"I don't think Harry wants to see me." Ginny sat up in the bed, eyes red from crying. "I think he feels I betrayed him."

"Nonsense," Hermione said. "He was actually kind of upset you didn't come to the wedding. He's happy with Cho. Besides, you two were like Ron and me. It would have never worked out."

Ron snorted. "Thanks, Hermione."

"What?" Hermione rolled her eyes. "You and Lavender are happily married. I'm happy with Charlie. We're better off as friends or, rather, in-laws."

"I can't believe I missed your weddings because of Mum." Ginny shook her head. "I can't even think about that woman."

"Well don't," Hermione said. She took to commanding the room, seeing as how the siblings seemed to be in various states of shock. "You can come and make dessert. I'll whip up dinner. The rest of you can go get your wives and children. We'll have a party."

"She's so bossy," George commented. He sent Charlie an amused stare. "How do you live with her?"

"I like fighting her for the control," Charlie said, sending a wink in Hermione's direction. "Isn't that right, love?"

Hermione blushed. "Go and clear up the dining room, Charlie."

"Yes, love." Charlie placed a kiss on Hermione's forehead. "You heard the woman. Let's leave these two to do their gossiping."

Ginny giggled at the two and their antics. "If someone told me that you would end up married to Charlie, I would have slapped them. But you two look so happy together."

Hermione sat on the bed, crossing her legs under her. "We are happy, Ginny. And as your friend, I want to see you happy as well. How have you been?"

"I haven't tried to kill myself lately if that's what you mean." Ginny played with the hem of her shirt. "I don't know what to do with the knowledge of her being alive. I've gone on all these years thinking she's dead. But she isn't, Hermione. She's alive."

"Did you talk with Malfoy?"

"I asked to see her. And he said he has to speak with her first," Ginny explained. "You should see the way he looks when he talks about her. I would have never pegged him for the fatherly type."

"What did he think you were doing all these years?"

"He thought I was dead. They left him a letter saying I was dead." She quickly became angry again. "They even told Luna I was dead. I figured it must have been because she was married to Blaise. They knew that Draco and Blaise were good friends."

"It makes sense now," Hermione said. "Luna came up to Ron and me back when we were still dating. She asked Ron how he was dealing with the deaths. Ron and I just assumed she was talking about Fred and all the other people who died. We didn't think she was talking about you."

"How is she?" Ginny's face lit up with curiosity. "Do you see her much?"

"I saw her once or twice when she was pregnant. She was walking in Diagon Alley with Zabini. They looked happy. But there was something different about her." Hermione shrugged. "I chalked it up to her being pregnant."

"I've missed so much," Ginny moaned piteously. "How will I ever catch up?"

"Ginny, you can do it. You've always been headstrong." Hermione helped her up out of the bed, walking arm in arm with Ginny downstairs. "Now, I have a hankering for your triple chocolate fudge brownies."

"I'll see what I can do," Ginny replied with a smile. She rested her head on Hermione's shoulder. "Thanks, Hermione. And thank you for visiting me while I was in my social recluse. Other from my family, you were the only person who came to visit me."

"In Luna's defence, she thought you were dead," Hermione pointed out.

"I suppose." Ginny moved around the kitchen, grabbing the ingredients for her brownies. "You do have chocolate, right?"

Hermione searched through all her cupboards, letting out a sigh of frustration. "No."

"I can make vanilla bars," Ginny suggested. "It's not that big of a deal."

"I'm craving chocolate." Hermione groaned in frustration.

"Oh, is it that time of the month?" Ginny kept her voice low as the sound of the boys Apparating in could be heard. "I hate that."

"No," Hermione said with a glare. "You're almost as bad as the boys."

"What? It's natural for me to think that about you craving chocolates."

"I'm pregnant," Hermione whispered.

"You're what?"

Hermione gasped, looking at Charlie who stood in the doorway. "Charlie!"

"Uhm, I'm going to go get some stuff for the brownies." Ginny squeezed her friend's arm. "Is there a supermarket or store nearby?"

"There's a supermarket in town," Hermione muttered. "It's a short walk."

"I'll be back in a bit," Ginny said.

Ginny gave her brother a smile before going into the living room. She was greeted by a joyous greeting from several of the wives, Angelina and Lavender being the most excited. Fleur and Penelope gave her stilted hugs, happy smiles on their faces. It was the greeting she had expected. She had never truly gotten close to the two. Lavender and Angelina, on the other hand, had been at school with her. They were glad to see her.

"Ginny, meet Eva," Lavender said, holding the small girl on her hip. The little girl was beautiful with her short curly blonde hair and sparkling brown eyes. "Eva, this is your Aunt Ginny."

Ginny took the little girl in her arms, smiling at the nine-month old. "You are the most adorable baby. Can you say Aunt Ginny?"

Lavender frowned. "She only says Dada. I'm trying to get her to say Mama. But that isn't working out so well."

"She'll get it." A sad expression flitted over Ginny's face as she thought how she had missed this moment with her daughter. "I can already tell she'll be as smart as her Aunt."

"You must mean Hermione," Lavender joked, gathering her daughter in her arms.

"Funny," Ginny said wryly. She kneeled down on the floor, reaching out for the small boy hiding behind Angelina's legs. "You must be Fred."

"Hello," the little boy mumbled. His red hair fell in his face as he held onto his mother's legs.

"Aw, you're shy," Ginny said, laughing. "I'm your Aunt Ginny. I know you don't know me."

"Wait until he does get to know you," George said, coming behind his wife. "He won't let go of you."

"One more left," Ginny said, pointing to a little girl playing with her dolls. She had piercing blue eyes and light blonde hair, looking every bit like her mother. "You have to be little Jasmine."

"Yes I am," Jasmine said proudly. "I am six years old."

"You're a big girl." Ginny and Fleur had gone through their pregnancies at relatively the same time. Fleur had given birth three months earlier than Ginny, making Jasmine older than Serena. "I'm your Aunt Ginny."

"Nice to meet you," she said. "Would you like to play dolls with me?"

"Maybe later," Ginny responded, patting Jasmine's head. "I have to head into town. Hermione wants chocolate brownies. And she has no chocolate."

"I'll come." Bill clapped his hands together, coming to wrap his hands around Ginny's shoulders. "Can't have you walking into Wiltshire on your own, can we?"

"We're in Wiltshire?" Ginny smoothed the creases of her shirt out.

"Where'd you think we were, Gin?" George lifted Fred in his arms. "You didn't think Charlie still lived in Romania, did you?"

"Maybe," Ginny murmured. "No one told me any different."

"They opened a reserve here, a year ago," Ron explained. "Hermione had always wanted to move back here. But she knew Charlie had to be with the dragons. When the reserve opened, the two of them moved to Wiltshire."

"Oh," Ginny said softly. "Well, we better go into town. I have to start baking soon."

"Anyone else coming along for the trip?" asked Bill.

"I'll come." Ron kissed Lavender's cheek, placing a small kiss on Eva's forehead. "We'll be back soon."

"Can I come, Uncle Ron?" Fred waved his arms around, trying his best to reach Ron.

"Come here, you little bugger." Ron wrestled Fred out of George's arms. "Are you going to behave?"

"I promise, Uncle Ron."

"Well, let's go," Bill commanded.

The four Weasleys took off out the front door, passing the kitchen on the way. Ginny gave Bill and Ron a glare, making sure they would keep walking and not comment on Hermione and Charlie wrapped in each other's arms. The two seemed to have come to terms with the pregnancy. And they were celebrating, it seemed. It was a happy sight, a sight that kept a smile on Ginny's face as they walked down the road.

"How does it feel to be home?" Bill nudged Ginny in the shoulder.

Ginny wrapped her arms around herself, an indecisive look crossing her features. "I don't know."

"Oh you love it, Gin," Ron said as he shifted Fred from one hip to the other. "You get to be back with us, your nieces and nephew."

"I think that's what makes it so sad," Ginny said, linking arms with Bill. "I see all these kids. And I wonder why I had to miss my child's life. I missed all the good stages in her life. What's left now?"

"Tons of stuff," Bill said. "I bet she hasn't learned how to fly."

"She hasn't gone through the small things like her first crush or all those girly things," Ron commented.

"And she still has Hogwarts," Bill pointed out. "You haven't missed that."

"Yea but I only have five years with her before she goes off to Hogwart's." Ginny sighed. "And what happens if Draco doesn't let me see her as often as I want?"

"Have you talked to him about it?" asked Bill.

"I have," Ginny said. "He wants to talk to her first. If she responds well, he said he would owl me."

"He's always been an evil git," Ron muttered. "I don't know what you ever saw in him."

"In all honesty, Ron, he was convenient." Ginny laughed as both her brother's turned red instantaneously. "You should thank yourself for that one, Ron. I was depressed after you mentioned Fred while we were swimming in the lake. And he was there."

"Oh, bloody hell," Ron yelled to no one in particular. "I'm responsible for you shagging the ferret."

"Ron!" Ginny eyed Fred, who was staring at his uncle curiously. "You can't say that in front of kids."

"Uncle Ron, what's shagging?"

"You walked into that one," Bill said, tugging on his earring.

"Finally," Ginny exclaimed, the small town coming into sight. "I didn't want to walk anymore."

"Uncle Ron, what's shagging?" Fred continued questioning the red-head.

"It's something that people who are in love do." Ron set the little boy down on his feet while they explored the small town. "You're not supposed to talk about it, though."

"Oh," Fred said. "Mum and Dad are in love."

"Fred, would you like to go into that Quidditch over there with your uncles?" Ginny decided to put Ron out of his misery. "I bet Uncle Bill and Uncle Ron will buy you something nice."

"Okay," Fred said excitedly. "Come on, Uncle Bill!"

"Thanks, Gin," Ron muttered, his blush subsiding.

Ginny crossed her arms to ward off the cool spring air, laughter from the little children putting a smile on her face. It was odd how before children made her want to jump off a tall building. But now, the sight of the little girls skipping around, the boys chasing after them, put a grin on her face, happiness overtaking her. Ginny couldn't help but to laugh to herself as she stepped inside the market.

She made her way over to the baking ingredients, gathering together all the things she would need for her brownies, extra chocolates for Hermione, as well. As she perused the various different baking ingredients, including a particular brand of vanilla that Ginny had been dying to try in her cakes, the sound of a little girl squealing drew her attention.

"Serena Verity!"

"Grandfather, it's my mum."

Ginny couldn't believe her eyes. Standing in front of her was none other than Lucius Malfoy and her daughter, Serena Malfoy. It was shocking to see the two together, especially the way that the elder Malfoy held on to Serena, distrust evident in his eyes. Ginny knew if she made a move he didn't like, Lucius Malfoy would have his wand out in a flash.

"Ms. Weasley," Lucius said, barely hiding the disdain in his voice.

"Mr. Malfoy," Ginny responded. "How are you?"

"Fine," he said stiffly.

"Grandfather, let me go," Serena whined. She wiggled out of her grandfather's grip, glaring at him. "You're the lady from the bakery. You're my mum, right?"

Ginny looked to Lucius, hoping that perhaps he would steer her in the right direction. She didn't want to tell a story that would be better left for one of the Malfoys to tell. Furthermore, she didn't want to encroach on any of Draco's parental duties. Ginny was stepping into a muggle mine field. One wrong step and things could be blown apart, irreparable.

"Serena, why don't you find your grandmother?" Lucius gently guided Serena out of the aisle. "I'd like to have a word with Ms. Weasley."

"Yes, Grandfather," Serena replied sullenly. She took another look at her mother, squinting. "You're prettier in person, Mum."

"Thank you," Ginny mumbled, unsure of how to respond.

As Serena ran off, Lucius focused his cold stare on her. "I don't like you."

"Blunt and to the point," Ginny said wryly.

"I think what you did-"

Ginny held her hand up to stop him. "You think what my mum and dad did is deplorable, which I totally agree with you on. How could they do something like that to a little girl or me for that matter? You would think raising seven kids, my mum would have had a better knowledge of what's right for her children. But she didn't. Now, we're left in this sticky situation where you and your family hate me because of something my mother did."

"I believe my son went through the same exact situation while at school." Lucius smirked. "And now the tables have turned, haven't they, Ms. Weasley?"

"In all fairness, he did some of the things we blamed him for," Ginny pointed out. She gathered the ingredients in her arms, walking towards the elder Malfoy. "And before you go on thinking that I hated him back before I knew him. You're wrong. I didn't hate him until he tried to kill my brother. Before that, I considered him a misled child."

With those last words, Ginny left, leaving Lucius Malfoy in a state of shock. If anyone were to pass by, they would see the Malfoy patriarch look startled as if someone had jumped in front of him and yelled 'Boo,' which his granddaughter did do. Though, she stopped her antics the moment she saw the serious expression on her grandfather's face and the look of concern on her grandmother's face. Something had happened in the aisle, something her grandfather needed to think about.