Unofficial Portkey Archive

Buttercup by MemoriesFade
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Buttercup

MemoriesFade

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from the Harry Potter Universe. So, I'm not very certain about this chapter. But I have read it over at least fifteen times now. I'm somewhat tired of reading this chapter. So, I decided when I get tired of it, there is nothing left for me to do.

~~~~~~~~

A week after Ginny and Draco spoke about Sweden; things were going well for them. Though it was difficult, they managed to see each other at least once a day for the entire week, sometimes more than once. On the more than once days, their talks had ended up in steamy shagging sessions in all kinds of places, Ginny's kitchen, the coach's box after one of Draco's practices, and once behind a tree on Draco's property. Ginny was still trying to get rid of the marks the tree had made in her back.

"Where did that dress come from?" Pansy stepped into Ginny's room, a look of wonder on her face. "I don't recognize the style of designing."

"That would be because it is muggle made." Ginny finished slipping her onyx stud earrings in her ears. "Actually, everything I'm wearing tonight is muggle made. Maggie offered to design my dress. And Narcissa offered to pay. But I couldn't take anything else from them."

Pansy shrugged. "With all the money in the Malfoy vaults, I'm sure Narcissa would have been happy to have someone else to spend it on."

"I didn't feel comfortable," Ginny admitted. She shoved her feet into a pair of open toed pumps. "I felt like some sort of charity case."

"You are not their charity case," Pansy retorted. "You are Draco's girlfriend."

Ginny's eyes widened as she ran over to the door. She quickly peeked outside to see Charlie and Hermione conversing with Bill. Relieved, she closed the door and shot a glare at Pansy. Charlie and Bill were still unaware of her current relationship with Draco. She knew they had their suspicions. They would be idiots if they didn't, especially after the ball at the Malfoys and the morning after the ball. Still, Ginny did not want to confirm their suspicions. She didn't want word to somehow get to Serena.

"Keep your voice down," Ginny whispered furiously.

"Like they don't know," Pansy replied.

"Pansy," Ginny whined.

"Stop whining." Pansy let out a wistful sigh. "I'll keep my mouth shut."

"First, tell me if I look okay," Ginny demanded. She spun around in her grass green dress, posing when necessary. The dress clung to her skin, flaring out at her knees in a mermaid style. It wasn't drastic like all the other mermaid style dresses she had seen. It was more subtle. The bodice of the dress was not as subtle. The sweetheart neckline of the strapless dress accentuated her breast, the black beading drawing attention to her top. "Do you think I should add a necklace?"

"No, it looks better with your neck and shoulders bare." Pansy bit her lip, waving her wand at Ginny's hair. "That looks so much better. While I love your hair, this dress looks better with it up."

Her hair had been drawn up in a drastic, complicated, updo. "It looks nice."

"Of course, I have impeccable taste." Pansy motioned to her own dress, a beaded, halter styled, navy blue gown. "See."

"It's silly of me to imply otherwise." Ginny attempted to pick up the train of her dress in vain. The tulle sticking out from under the train of the dress made it difficult. "I hate tulle."

Pansy waved her wand once more, causing the train of Ginny's dress to levitate a centimeter off the floor. "The things I do for you."

"You are amazing, Pansy." Ginny observed herself in the mirror once more. "I'm ready to go."

"It's a shame you and you-know-who can't go together," Pansy said while opening the door.

"Why would Ginny want to go to the ball with Voldemort?" Bill stared at Ginny, perplexed.

"What?" Ginny raised an eyebrow at Bill. "Are you feeling alright?"

"Pansy just said-"

"Oh, look at the time," Hermione exclaimed. "We have to get going."

"Ron," Pansy called.

Ginny mouthed her thanks to Hermione. "Hermione, you are absolutely gorgeous tonight, not that you aren't every other night."

"You're not looking so bad yourself, Ginny." Hermione touched the split in her dress that reached her knee. "Do you think the split is too much?"

"It's not enough, love." Charlie grinned as he pecked her on the lips.

"Disgusting," Ginny murmured. "Please keep your public displays of affection at a minimum tonight."

"Jealous?" queried Pansy.

"What did I miss?" Ron came running out of his room. "This bloody bow tie took so much time."

"Did you try magic, Ron?" Ginny laughed as her brother turned scarlet.

"As much fun as Ron's humiliation is, we should go," Bill said.

"Bill is right," Fleur said, exiting the bathroom with Jasmine beside her. The little girl was dressed in a pink and white ballerina dress. The little girl's dress color matched her mother's off the shoulder gown perfectly. "I hate being late."

"You look pretty, Aunt Ginny," Jasmine said.

"Not more than you," Ginny commented.

"Go ahead. I'll set the wards," Ron said.

Ginny waved before Apparating away to the gates of Hogwarts. Looking up at the wrought iron gates, Ginny felt a sense of déjà vu. She silently waited for Ron while the others struck up conversation. Her last memories of Hogwarts flitted across her mind as Charlie helped her into the carriage. Ron was the last to enter the carriage. And before anyone could say anything, the carriage had taken off. The Thestrals seemed to know that their group was all there.

The carriage halted behind another set of carriages. A colorful crowd could be seen entering the castle, all the ladies wearing their spring colors. Hagrid's booming voice could be heard over the hustle and bustle of the crowd. He was directing everyone inside the castle where the ball was taking place. The Great Hall seemed like the perfect place to have the war memorial, especially since it was the place where Voldemort had been defeated. His dead body had lain in that very hall.

Ginny stepped out of the carriage with help from Bill this time. The group briefly stopped to talk to Hagrid, Hermione receiving congratulations on her pregnancy while Ron and Pansy received a slightly bewildered look. Luckily, another carriage came in, releasing the somewhat large group from the half-giant's impending conversation. They all ran into the Entrance Hall, which boasted no decorations. The Great Hall, on the other hand, was decked out in purple and white. They had, apparently, opted for neutral colors. There were no signs of the house colors anywhere around the room.

"Harry," Ron shouted upon seeing his best friend.

Harry seemed relieved to be able to escape the old men around him. Cho and Brian tagged along as he made his way across the room. The three certainly did look happy together. Not to mention, they looked like a lovely family. Ginny cocked her head to the side, wondering whether she, Draco, and Serena would ever look like that together. She snapped out of those thoughts. That would be jumping ahead.

"Ginny, you look positively radiant," Harry complimented.

Ginny hugged him. "Save the sweet talk for your wife, Potter."

"Will do," Harry said.

Cho smiled. "You do look beautiful, Ginny."

"As do you, Cho," Ginny responded. She was glad she felt no jealousy towards the woman dressed in the yellow one shouldered gown. It would not help to have harbored feelings for an ex while in a relationship. "If you would excuse me, I think I see Serena."

"Ginny, can I speak to you for a moment?" Harry stopped her from walking away. "It'll only be a minute. It's important."

Ginny nodded with a curious expression on her face. "Okay."

"Thanks," Harry said, pulling her aside. "I wanted to talk to you about Draco."

"Being back here in the Great Hall makes me think you're about to tell me he's up to something evil," Ginny joked. She sobered. "You're not, are you?"

"No," Harry said, chuckling. "I just wanted you to see if you could get Draco to be less somber. I may not be friends with him. But my gaze lands on him every once in awhile and it's somewhat depressing."

"He has his reasons, Harry." Ginny patted his shoulder. "I'll see what I can do."

"Getting a speech out of him would be nice," Harry said lightly.

"I knew there was something else." Ginny glared. "I won't do it. He feels uncomfortable as it is. I will not try and persuade him to talk about how these past few years have been the best of his life without Voldemort or some such rot."

"It didn't hurt to ask," Harry grumbled.

"Now, may I go see my daughter?" Ginny huffed.

"I'm sorry." Harry gave her a lopsided grin. "Enjoy your night, Ginny. You've never been to one of these before. And you deserve this night like everyone else. I know what it means to you."

"Thanks, Harry." Ginny gave him a stiff hug.

~~~~~~~~

Unbeknownst to Ginny, Draco's eyes had been on her since she had stepped into the Great Hall. He hadn't thought it was possible for her to top her beauty from the Malfoy Ball. But as she walked further into the room, the light hitting her figure, Draco couldn't take his eyes off her. The way her dress clung to her frame, outlining her every curve, made his pants more than a little bit tight. He had to avert his eyes from her for a short while in order to regain control of his body.

During the two weeks of their secret relationship, he hadn't experienced any qualms with their relationship being secret. Now, when he saw her walk in, saw the many eyes in the room following her every move, he did not feel so inclined towards the secrecy part of their relationship. He fought down the urge to run over to her and kiss her senseless, all while sending a message for other men to leave her alone. While he knew that eventually their relationship would come out in the open, such secrets didn't stay secret for long, he still couldn't help but to want to shout that she was his to everyone around him.

His eyes narrowed when he saw Harry and Ginny step away from the group. He didn't like the way the two had hugged a second prior. He still felt weary of Harry. The Auror had spoken to him a few days prior, hinting at hurt befalling anyone, especially men, who would dare to hurt Ginny. It had been a brief conversation, one which Draco never intended to repeat. Now, seeing them standing together, isolated, he did not like the Auror one bit, especially not after Ginny hugged him again.

Draco knew how tenuous his relationship was with Ginny. It was hanging loosely by a thread. They grappled each day with finding time for one another, making the effort to strengthen that thread into a formidable rope. And though it was strengthening, becoming less likely to snap, it was still fragile. Their relationship could shatter in a million pieces very easily. Seeing Ginny hugging Harry brought that thought into great relief. At any minute, either one of them could decide they didn't want to be with each other any longer.

In his peripheral vision, he caught sight of his daughter's bouncy red curls. All of this was for her. He was a realist. He knew that had it not been for Serena, he would never contemplate a relationship with Ginny. It would be romantic of him to say that he would have been with Ginny one way or another. But he knew that was not the case. Serena was their first common thread, the first thread in the rope. Over the past two weeks, they added more threads, love of Quidditch, libraries, chocolate and, best of all, sex.

Yet, with all the newly added thread, there was still a sense that the thread might break. And as Ginny sauntered over to them, a smile on her face, Draco began to think about whether or not it was worth it to see if that thread would snap. He liked Ginny. She would always be a part of his life as Serena's mother. However, Draco contemplated whether or not it was safer for all parties if they kept things friendly. Friendships didn't hurt as much as relationships.

His eyes locked on Serena's ecstatic expression when she saw Ginny. He was torn between decisions. On one hand, Serena would be perfectly content if Draco and Ginny were together. She would be beyond content. It was more than likely what the little girl dreamed of at night. On the other hand, if things didn't work out, he and Ginny could be risking a lot. Before they decided on a relationship, things were alright. They got along marginally alright. However, if they were to break things off, they probably would never be back to any stage of amicability. Things would certainly be strained.

He tried his best not to grimace at the thought.

~~~~~~~~

"Ginny, you are stunning." Narcissa smiled as Ginny stood by their table. "I should have made you pick out your other gowns."

Ginny sat in the seat Draco pulled out for her. "Thank you, Narcissa. But I must say you're more stunning than I am."

"Oh, this old thing," Narcissa exclaimed.

"Old?" Lucius frowned. "If I recall, three thousand Galleons has been withdrawn from my account for that dress recently."

While Narcissa and Lucius engaged in a somewhat heated discussion over dress expenses, Ginny turned to Serena. "There isn't a little girl in here prettier than you, Serena."

Serena smiled, smoothing out the yellow ruffles on the skirt of her dress. "Thanks Mum."

"Had a good conversation with Potter?" Draco sneered as he spoke in soft tones in her ear.

Ginny's skin crawled at the tone of his voice. "What?"

"It seemed cozy. I wonder what his wife would think," Draco said, pulling away from her.

"Ginny, I wanted to ask you something." Luna was oblivious to the tension that had just arisen. "Feel free to say no."

"What is it?" Ginny smiled to the best of her ability.

"Well, I wondered if you would mind being godmother to our little girl." Luna smiled as Ginny squealed with excitement. "Is that a yes?"

"Of course," Ginny exclaimed. "I could never say no. Oh, this is so exciting. Thank you. I'm truly honored."

"I didn't think you would say no," Luna said. "But it's the principal of the matter."

The table broke off into separate conversations as dinner appeared on the table. Mrs. Zabini was entertaining Mr. Lovegood with tales of Xavier's adventures. Narcissa and Lucius were whispering things to one another, occasionally glancing between Ginny and Draco. Blaise and Luna were playing with Xavier. Ginny was listening to Serena recount her newest experience with her tutor. And Draco, well, he sat stoically, sipping his Firewhisky every now and then. He didn't seem attuned to anything going on around him.

Soon, Harry was standing on the makeshift stage, a glass of champagne in hand. He cleared his throat, the sound magnified by the Sonorous charm. "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I am pleased that you could make it here tonight to honor all those who were lost in the war. Today marked the seventh anniversary of Lord Voldemort's death."

No one gasped at his name.

"Every day I walk to work. I walk through Diagon Alley and see all the changes since the war. No longer is the center of our wizarding world dark and dreary. It blossoms every single day. It gives me great pleasure to see the taint of Voldemort gone from our world. And I hope that we can look back and ensure that our children, our children's children, and all the following generations will not have to go through anything like we did."

Here everyone broke out into applause.

"Thank you. Please, enjoy the night's festivities. Dance and be merry. Let us remember those who have fallen, all their good memories. And let us celebrate where they are now, looking down upon us."

There was thunderous applause as the audience stood to their feet.

"I bet you're happy," Draco said.

"What is your problem?" Ginny tried her best to keep a smile on her face. She sighed as realization washed over her. "You're jealous."

"Excuse me," Draco said to the table as everyone sat back down again.

"Oh dear," Narcissa murmured. "These events always get to him. Lucius, go."

"No, please, stay," Ginny said. "I think maybe I should go."

Before anyone could protest, Ginny stood, weaving her way through the crowd. If her mind had not been solely focused on Draco, she might have noticed someone following her out the door. However, she did not. She kept following behind Draco. It wasn't until she lost him when he turned down a corner that she felt the prickling sensation of being followed. She realized that she was quite alone in the dungeons, a place that no one would really be wandering down. In an attempt to pretend not to have noticed being followed, she continued to walk through the hallways, panic setting in as she realized she was lost in the dungeons.

"You look lost, poppet."

Ginny turned and found herself face to face with a man's chest. She had to step back and look up in order to see his face. When she did, she did not feel any sense of safety or reassurance. Staring back at her was a face that radiated pure evil. She remembered him from Hogwarts. He had been in Slytherin, two years ahead of her. She couldn't quite remember his name. However, she did remember that he had been stuffed in the Vanishing Cabinet by the twins in her fourth year. He had also been a member of the Inquisitorial Squad along with Draco.

"I'm not," Ginny said, straightening her shoulders. "I was meeting someone down here."

"You'll have to do better than that, poppet." His smile was devoid of any true happiness.

"My name is not poppet," Ginny spat.

"I know, poppet." He chuckled as she snarled. "That look is unbecoming of you."

"Luckily, I don't care what you think of my looks." Ginny did not like this man one bit. She didn't even know his name. "Didn't your parents ever tell you it's rude not to introduce yourself?"

"I suppose I should tell you my name," he said. "Of course, I don't have to."

"Is there a problem?"

"Nothing that concerns you, Malfoy," he snapped.

"Leave, Warrington." Draco stared at him impassively. "The last thing you want is to stir up trouble on this night, especially with her."

"As you wish, Draco," he said, Draco's name rolling off his tongue like poison.

"Have a good evening, Alan." Draco's eyes were just short of glacial.

"Who is he?" Ginny asked as Draco led her down a different hallway. "He went to school with us, right?"

"He was a year ahead of me, Alan Warrington. He is a man that you should try not to be around as much as possible." Draco's tone was clipped as he spoke to her. "I suggest you avoid him at all costs."

Ginny grabbed his arm, halting his steps. "Why are you mad at me?"

"I have no reason to be mad at you," Draco drawled.

"Exactly," Ginny said. "So, what is going on? Why are you all of a sudden so upset about me talking to Harry?"

"I don't care what you want to do with Potter. You can bloody well shag him for all I care," Draco replied. Though his words were angry ones, his voice was calm and steady. "If that's all, I would like to get back to my daughter."

"We were talking about you." That stopped him from walking away too far. "He was trying to convince me to get you to make a speech. I said no. That was it."

Draco spun around and glared. "What right does he have to ask anything of me?"

"None," Ginny replied, stepping forward to place a hand on his chest. "That is why I told him I wouldn't try and convince you to do such a thing."

~~~~~~~~

Draco didn't reply. He stared at Ginny, his mind straying back to his thoughts from earlier in the evening. She was wrong. He was not the slightest bit jealous of Harry Potter. He was simply trying to figure out a way to scare her off. No woman liked a man who was too jealous. His thoughts were along the line of keeping up some horrible charade so she would break things off. The last thing he wanted to do was to be the evil prick to end the relationship.

His eyes landed on her full luscious lips as she called out his name. He was enraptured.

Draco tilted her head up and captured her lips in his own. His hands couldn't find purchase on her body as it was covered in satin. He settled for wrapping his arms around her and deepening their kiss. It was what he desired ever since he had seen her wrapped up in the green satin like his very own present. He wanted to press her body to his own and explore all of her. In that very moment, standing in a deserted hallway of his old school, Draco thought that he could deal with any problems that came his way. He could stand in front of an audience and sing show tunes. He could tap dance and do jazz hands. As long as he could wrap his arms around Ginevra Weasley, things would be okay.

~~~~~~~~

"We can't do this here," Ginny stated. She rested her forehead against his shoulder. "I take it you're back to normal."

"Are you suggesting I was ever abnormal?" Draco spoke with a teasing lilt in his tone. "I am as normal as can be, perfect in every way."

Ginny trailed her hands down to the waistband of his pants. "I can't deny your perfection."

"You have a one track mind, Ms. Weasley." Draco's hand lightly patted her behind.

"Haven't you noticed where we're standing?" Ginny drew him closer, her cheek against his chest. "This is the exact spot where we spoke that night."

"Fond memories," Draco murmured.

"We should get back, though." Ginny looked up at him, her chin resting on his chest. "Is there any way I can see you tonight?"

"I would love to be the one to take this dress off for you," Draco said cheekily.

"You're going to get me all hot and bothered," Ginny groaned. "I have to sit with your parents for the next two hours."

"Come home with me tonight," Draco whispered. "At the end of tonight, Serena will be so tired she won't wake up in the night."

"It's risky," Ginny said.

"Just the way I like it."

~~~~~~~~

Draco had been right. By the end of the night, Serena was practically falling asleep standing up. If it hadn't been for the fact that Ginny tucked her in, Serena would have been unaware of the fact that her mother had even been there. All in all, when Ginny and Draco stumbled into his bedroom, Ginny was certain that Serena would not be waking up. When her dress fell to the floor and she saw Draco's face as he took in her lacy strapless corset, a requirement for her dress, all thoughts of Serena had fled from her mind.

"You should have told me this was what you were wearing under the dress." Draco placed a kiss on her bare shoulder, his hand releasing her hair from its confines. "I would have left earlier."

Ginny gasped as he sucked her pulse point. "I didn't think it mattered to you."

"Oh, I much rather you naked," Draco drawled. He smacked his hands down on her butt, lifting her up and laying her back on the bed. "But everyone likes a nice wrapping paper."

"I'll have to remember that for your birthday." Ginny hooked her legs around his waist, flipping Draco over on his back. "This is something else I might do on your birthday."

Draco groaned when her hand unbuckled his pants. "You're assuming I'll keep you around that long."

"Mhmm, is that so?" Ginny straddled his knees after she removed his pants and boxers. His erection stood proudly, his eyes hooded as he stared at her in her corset and knickers. "Can I convince you otherwise?"

"You'll have to be extremely creative," Draco grunted.

She wrapped her hand around the base of his member. "I can probably do that."

Ginny eased herself up on her knees, her hand releasing him to nudge his legs apart. The feeling of her skin against Draco's Egyptian cotton sheets was heavenly. The lace of her corset rubbed against her nipples, the sensation arousing tingling feelings that shot straight to her center. These feelings, however, took a backseat as soon as her eyes landed on Draco's erection. Her sole focus was on him, on his needs at this moment. She had never done this to him or anyone else before. But as this was their first time having sex in his bedroom, she felt it to be the perfect time.

She eyed his length, the way it jutted out of his body. She ran her hands up his thighs, to his stomach that rose and fall with his labored breathing. A creamy white droplet spilled from the top of his member. She stuck her tongue out, capturing it before it could fall even further down. It tasted salty, not terrible in any way. It wasn't unpleasant like she first thought it would have been. In fact, after Draco shot off the bed, she found she quite liked her spot there between his legs, the power it gave her.

Ginny ran her tongue from the base to the tip. She held herself up on her elbows and swallowed his member. Her tongue swirled around him as if it were her favorite flavor of ice cream. It was as if the ice cream was melting fast and she needed to get everything. Her tongue teased his head, running just under the tip. She pumped her head up and down, reveling in the moans and groans coming from Draco, the way he twisted and turned, his shouts reaching the ceiling.

Ginny increased her pace, her hands cupping his balls. She didn't really know whether or not he would like it. However, when he almost choked her because his hips rocketed off the bed, she knew he didn't like it. He loved it. She continued to fondle him, occasionally squeezing a small bit. She heard him moaning and grunting out that he was about to cum. The way he gripped her hair was also a telltale sign. He tended to do that when he was about to cum. She braced herself as his hips raised off the bed, the salty taste of him filling her mouth.

"Merlin, Ginny," Draco moaned.

Ginny removed her mouth with a wet sucking sound. "Mmm, was it good then?"

"If I had known you could do that, I would have let you do that a longtime ago." Draco tilted his head back in what could only be described as extreme satisfaction. "You certainly fought your way to sticking around for my birthday."

"Thank you," Ginny murmured.

Suddenly, there was a soft knocking on the door. Ginny squealed before grabbing her dress and shoes off the floor. She hurriedly ran into Draco's bathroom, slamming the door behind her. Her heart raced a mile a minute as she heard Draco release a slew of curses. Serena could be heard outside the door, calling out for her father. Ginny opened the door a tiny bit, only to find Draco stuffing his feet into a pair of pajama pants and drawing on a Falcons' shirt. She silently closed the door as he opened the outer door, welcoming Serena into his room. She pressed her ear against the door, holding her dress up against her body.

"Why was your door locked, Father?"

"It must have been an accident. What are you doing out of bed?"

"I couldn't sleep. Can I sleep in here?"

Ginny hoped Draco could come up with some plan. She didn't intend on sitting in a bathroom all night.

"Why don't we go sleep in your bed tonight?"

"But I like your bed, Father."

"Well, I like yours better."

"Okay."

Ginny waited until she heard the door close before dragging on her dress. She slowly opened the door, looking out before entering the room. She searched the floor for her wand, finding it under the bed. She searched the room for a mode of escape, her eyes catching the fireplace. She quickly checked if the vase on the mantle had Floo powder, happy when she saw it did. She went into Draco's bathroom, pointed her wand at the mirror, writing out a short message that informed him she had gone home. After she finished, she went back into the bedroom, tossed the Floo powder in the fireplace and disappeared into the green flames.

She landed in her flat with a cloud of dust. Her dress was streaked with soot from the fireplace as was her hair. What was worst, she heard a distinctly female cough. She looked up and found Pansy staring at her in amusement. She had a teacup in hand and Ron's oversized shirt on her body. It was obvious that she had finished a round with Ron and had stopped for a break. Ginny cringed at the images that formed in her head from thinking about her brother and Pansy.

"I was curious when you didn't come back with us, not that I had any issues." Pansy smirked. "Ron and I made very good use of the time. We didn't expect you for a good hour."

"Serena woke up," Ginny said with a sigh. She walked into her room, fully aware that Pansy was right behind her. "We were interrupted."

"Did she catch you two?" Pansy had a horrified expression on her face.

"Thankfully, we remembered to lock the door and silence the noises." Ginny unzipped her dress. "I am going to soak in the tub."

"Did you remember the contraception charm?" asked Pansy.

"I don't think I have to worry about that tonight," Ginny said.

"You didn't even get that far? What? Were you two having a bit of tea first?"

"Let's just say he can't really complain," Ginny replied.

Pansy wrinkled her nose. "You have a strawberry cheesecake in the fridge. Go draw a bath, hop in, and I'll bring you a piece with a cup of tea."

"Really?" asked Ginny in shock.

"I know that nothing can replace a good orgasm," Pansy said sympathetically. "But something sweet certainly can stave off some of the pangs."

"Can I get fresh strawberries on the side?"

"You're bloody lucky your brother just put me in a good mood," Pansy grumbled.

"Thank you, Pansy."