Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Adventure by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Adventure

RowlingIdol

The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the album 'Harmonium'. This chapter contains slight language, teen drinking and sexual references. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Authors Note- Please see note at the end of the chapter! Much thanks for reading! :)

Chapter 11: Harmonium

"What happened? Are you all right? Where were you?" Draco nearly demanded of Ginny. He did so in a hushed tone as to not attract the attention of the other guests in the room.

"I was only looking around…" Ginny started, beginning to feel herself shake slightly.

"Where did you go." Draco asked sternly.

"Just the parlor in the near hallway."

Draco gave a small sigh of relief. "Good you didn't find the….. Never mind. And?"

"And Flint and Goyle burst in on me. Flint cornered me. And…"

She need not finish.

"And I'm going to murder that ingrate!!!" Draco hissed, running a hand through his hair.

"Did he touch you?" Draco asked.

"Nearly. But no." Ginny said.

Draco sighed yet again and started pacing a little. After a moment he stopped and straightened up. A light touch on Ginny's shoulder signaled her why.

"Some tea Ginevra." Narcissa said, handing her a cup and saucer. Ginny looked in shock at the gesture.

"Thank you." She whispered. She thought she saw Narcissa smile at her but maybe she was seeing things.

"Draco. Your so called `friends' are never welcome in our home ever again. Your Father is very clear on that. Do you understand?" Narcissa said sharply, but also kind.

"Yes Mother. I completely agree." Draco said. With a brisk turn on her heels, Narcissa walked away, back towards a group of women, quickly joining in on their conversation.

"I'm so sorry Gin. I didn't know they were coming. How did you get away?"

"I hexed Flint." Ginny said. "But your Father…."

Draco groaned.

"What did he do?"

"Saved me basically." Ginny said quickly and quietly and busied herself with taking a sip of the tea Narcissa had brought.

Draco was quiet for a moment.

"All right…." He murmured, running his hand through his hair again.

The sudden sound of music beginning to play from the other side of the room jolted the both of them. The guests around began to converse eagerly and cheerfully as they stood to make their way to the area cleared for dancing.

"Cup, please!" squeaked a House Elf near Ginny's knee.

"Oh. Yes. Here you go." Ginny said, giving the house elf her half empty tea cup. The elf scurried away, grabbing several other abandoned mugs and cups along its way back to the kitchens.

"I'm just glad you're all right." Draco said, reaching out to take one of Ginny's hands.

"Do you know this dance?" Draco asked her as he led her across the room.

"Yes." She replied nodding.

~*~*~*~

Two lines were forming in the hall across from each other. Men on one side, women on the other. Lucius had his jaw clenched tightly as he stood with his wife at the top of the line. Narcissa was beaming next to him. Draco was right, his mother really did love dancing at parties. Ginny wedged herself into a spot near the top of the girls line. Draco `ahemed' loudly at the guest directly across from her so that he could take his spot. The guest gave small frightened look and scooted down, letting Draco cut in line.

The music changed pace and Lucius and Narcissa made their way down the middle of the lines, while guests clapped to the beat.

Narcissa smiled at her guests, swishing her skirt with her free hand. Lucius was staring straight ahead, very stiff in his dancing, if you could even call it that. The next couple then took their turn down the middle, the line moving up slowly. The energy of the room excited Ginny. She slightly bobbed up and down in anticipation for her turn down the line with Draco. When the turn came, Draco smiled at her eagerness. He reached out his hand and intertwined it with hers.

Skipping down the line, the cheers and claps seemed louder than before. Draco was having a hard time keeping up with her, but they made it to the end of the line where he turned and he grabbed her around her waist and slightly lifted her up and spun her around, causing her to laugh. They took their places back in line as the other couples made their way through.

After the couples had all gone through, the dance changed. Draco reached out towards Ginny with both his hands and she reached his. As they met they spun together and stepped back into their lines. Now Ginny was on the opposite side that she had began on. They quickly switched spots with the person to their left. They stepped forward once more, spun again, and after switching sports - this time to their right, they ended where they had begun.

The elves finished their song and the guests clapped. The guests moved from the line and went off in couples to dance.

"Nice touch with the spin." Ginny said to Draco, brushing hair out of her face.

"Thought you would like that." He said, reaching out for her. He pulled her in close, their noses almost touching when-

"Draco." came a curt voice from behind Draco. Draco sighed.

"Yes Father?" Draco asked, turning around.

"A moment please." Lucius said, motioning with one finger for Draco to follow him.

"Yes Father." Draco repeated. He quickly looked back at Ginny as he followed his father.

"Draco…." Lucius said in a warning tone.

"Coming Father." Draco said annoyed.

As the two walked off, Ginny felt a strange sense of déjà vu. This time she wouldn't snoop around the manor. She would sit down and wait for his return. The dance had made her thirsty. She walked around the hall looking for a cup of cocoa. Unless Mr. McLaggen had drank it all.

"Ginny?" came a small voice as Ginny passed an armchair near the Christmas Tree. Ginny stopped and turned.

"Andromeda?"

"I thought that was you." Andromeda Tonks said, smiling gently at her. "Happy Christmas."

"Happy Christmas to you to. Where is Teddy?" Ginny asked, looking around.

"Harry is watching him for the evening."

"Oh yes." Ginny said, recalling in the moment that Harry was Teddy's godfather. "How have you been?"

"Busy. With Teddy and all… Still in school?"

"Yes ma'am. The others graduated already."

"Yes yes… Narcissa told me about them allowing students to return." Andromeda said.

"What are you doing here?" Ginny asked quickly. Andromeda chuckled.

"I could be asking you the same thing." she replied. Ginny blushed.

"Well, Narcissa has always invited me to her Christmas party, but before I never was able to go. Bellatrix was always there…. And so many other unpleasant sorts…. And I could never bring Ted along….." Andromeda sighed quietly. She gave Ginny a small smile.

"But this year I decided to attend. I don't think Lucius is very happy about it, but Narcissa was pleased that I came."

"Believe me. He's not happy I'm here either." Ginny said, laughing herself. "In fact, I don't think he is ever happy about anything."

Andromeda smiled wider.

"It certainly seems so." She said.

"Now what's this I hear from the grapevine about you and my nephew?" Andromeda asked, a twinkle in her eye.

"Oh… That. Well… Um…." Ginny stuttered blushing. "We're um… together." Ginny squeaked.

It felt like such a secret. Like the best secret there was. Ginny forgot how many people probably didn't know about her and Draco. As much trouble as it was keeping it from family, they had kept it from friends as well. Or tried at least.

"I see." Andromeda said, smiling. "May I see?" Andromeda nodded to the crest Ginny had pinned to her dress.

"Oh!" Ginny said, looking down at the broach. She un-pinned it and handed it to Andromeda.

"Mmm….. Very nice…. I remember when Narcissa got hers. She paraded it around for months. Of course, hers was different. The symbols on hers are gold." Andromeda handed the broach back.

"Ah." Ginny said, re-pinning it.

"Well, I was already starting to think of you and your family as second family. Now you really will be part of it."

"Oh! We're not engaged!" Ginny said, shaking her head.

"You're not? But--- the crest…"

"It's complicated…" Ginny tried to explain. "It's like a promise…."

"Ah." Andromeda smiled. "Always the rebellious one, that Draco." She said shaking her head and smiling. "Speaking of which…."

Draco was coming towards them.

"There you are." Draco said. He looked to whom Ginny was speaking to.

"Oh! Aunt Dromeda….. You came. Er…. Happy Christmas." Draco said to her awkwardly, nodding his head.

"Happy Christmas Draco. Where is your mother? It is getting late, I should get back to Teddy. I wish to say goodbye to her." Andromeda said, standing up from her armchair.

"Last I saw, mother was yelling at a house elf near the kitchens." Draco said.

"Thank you Draco. Good evening. Ginny." Andromeda said, nodding to them before striding off.

~*~*~*~

"Is everything all right? You kept being pulled away this evening." Ginny said, playing with the folds of her dress.

"Yes. Everything is fine." Draco said looking down. "It looks like I might have a job." he said. Ginny smiled.

"Really? Where? Is that what Carter spoke to you about?"

"Yeah."

"So? What's the job?"

"A desk lackey." Draco grumbled. Ginny frowned.

"Draco. I'm sure that's not what the position is called."

"Fine. A Gringotts representative. At the small branch in Hogsmeade."

"Well that sounds nice." Ginny said. "What would you be doing?"

"If people want to make deposits or withdrawals, they have to talk to a rep before the Goblins take them to their vault. New security measures since….." Draco coughed, not wanting to continue.

"Oh. Right." Ginny said.

"So when do you start?"

"Just after the new year. I will need to find a place to stay though."

"Really? You can't live here and just Apparate to work each day?"

"You could, but its not really recommended. Hogsmeade can't support the volume of Apparition that the Ministry can."

"Hmm." Ginny mused. She hadn't really thought about it, but all the shopkeepers seemed to live behind or above their establishments. A few families resided behind the village in small little houses. She was sure Draco could find someplace.

"At least I will still be close to you." Draco said, kissing her forehead.

"I'd like that." she replied, leaning into him.

Just then a grandfather clock chimed loudly in the room. Most of the guests didn't seem distracted by the noise but Ginny was.

"That means I have to go." She said sadly.

"Are you going to turn into a squash if you don't?" Draco asked.

Ginny giggled.

"It was a pumpkin, and at the stroke of midnight." she corrected with a smile.

"Mum didn't want me out too late. It's Christmas tomorrow, she has a lot planned. Family and friends are coming over."

"What kind of plans?"

"The usual. Lots of cooking and hand knit sweaters."

"I see." Draco said. Mulling things over a bit in his head.

"Well, I guess then I ought to send for your coat." He said quickly.

He snapped his fingers at instantly a House Elf popped up beside him.

"Yes young master?"

"Go and fetch Ginny's coat, she has to leave." He ordered.

"Yes yes young master!" The elf squeaked before scurrying away.

"I hope you don't mind I've left your gift at home." Ginny said quietly, blushing slightly.

"That's okay." Draco said peering over his shoulder. The House Elf was hurrying back with the coat held high so it wouldn't trail on the floor.

"Here is your coat Miss!" The elf squeaked, holding out the coat to her. As soon as she grabbed the collar of the coat the elf popped away.

"Wait!" Ginny said aloud to nothing.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked, trying to hold back a smile.

"He brought me back the wrong coat. This isn't mine." Ginny said, holding the coat out in front of her.

"Well. Hope you don't mind I'm giving you your gift right now." Draco said smiling.

It took a second for it to sink in but a smile broke out over Ginny's face.

"Really?" Ginny asked, more eagerly examining the coat now. "For me?"

"I saw it while out with Mother." He said. "Do you like it?"

The coat was black and made out of a thick and heavy material. The inside however, had lining that was soft and silky. There was cute fur lining on the cuffs of the sleeves and the rim of the hood. It fit her like a dream when she slid into it as Draco held it for her. It had shiny big brass buttons that kept the coat snugly closed, so no sharp and bitter cold winds could sneak in to make her cold. It was little longer than waist length. She searched the pockets and found her old woolen mittens inside one of them.

"So you like it?" Draco repeated.

"Yes. Thank you very much." Ginny said, leaning up slightly to kiss him.

"Merry Christmas Ginny."

"Merry Christmas Draco."

~*~*~*~

"It's CHRISTMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!" Came a shout outside Ginny's door followed by loud banging on her door.

"It's Christmas, it's Christmas! Get up!" The shouts rang out.

Ginny rolled over grumpy for a moment. She rubbed at her eyes slowly before realizing - yes! It was Christmas!

She hurried out of bed, grabbing her robe to go with her.

"Ron was that REALLY necessary?" Hermione was yawning outside Ginny's door as Ginny had opened it to leave.

"Morning Hermione! Merry Christmas!" Ginny said, tugging her slippers onto her feet in her doorway.

"Morning. Happy Christmas Ginny." Hermione said, scratching her big head of hair.

"What time is it?" Ginny asked, this time it was her turn to yawn.

"It's CHRISTMAS!" Ron yelled up the stairs at them.

"Get a move on! It's Christmas! Can't you hear the man?" said George from behind them.

The three made their way to the living room that was already filling with family. Ron and Harry sat on the couch closest to the tree and Mr. Weasley was settled in his armchair near the wireless. Mrs. Weasley was handing Percy a cup of cocoa.

"Morning dears! Merry Christmas!" Mrs. Weasley beamed at them.

"Morning mum!" George said, grabbing a mug of cocoa off the tray she held.

"Chocolate this early? This is shaping to be a great Christmas already!" He said, settling in on the couch next to Percy.

Hermione sat on the couch with Ron and Harry. Ginny opted to sit next to her dad.

"Out a bit late last night?" Mr. Weasley winked at her. Ginny blushed slightly.

"I was home on time." she answered.

"I'm only teasing, deary." Mr. Weasley said. Ginny smiled.

Over the passing hours, gifts were exchanged all around and more people were showing up. Charlie popped in just in time for pancakes and Mrs. Weasley made a fuss about his latest burn. Luckily his new sweater covered it up nicely (as said by Mrs. Weasley) despite his attempts to tell her he could never wear it to work, it wasn't practical wear for being around dragons.

Bill and Fleur showed up around lunchtime, carrying loads of gifts.

"Hooray more presents!" Ron shouted.

"Ginny go help Fleur, I'm busy!" Mrs. Weasley called to Ginny from the kitchen. A lot of clambering around could be heard in there.

Ginny got up to help Fleur as Harry was helping Bill.

They took the gifts and placed them under the tree as Bill and Fleur talked to Mr. Weasley.

There was an awkward moment when they both straightened from setting down the gifts and their elbows brushed.

"Sorry." Harry said quickly.

"It's okay." she said.

"Not for that." Harry said, which startled her.

"Well, yes, sorry for bumping you. But… Sorry for…. Everything else." Harry said, fidgeting with his new sweater.

There was another moment of silence before Ginny flung herself onto him in a hug.

"Oh I'm sorry too Harry." Ginny said, squeezing him tightly.

"We can still be friends though, right Gin?" Harry asked her smiling.

"Of course." Ginny said, wiping a tear from her face.

"Alright. Cool." Harry said.

"It's a Christmas miracle!!!!" Ron cried out to their left. Mrs. Weasley burst into tears and ran to give Harry and Ginny hugs.

"I'm so ha-aa-aaa-aaaa-ppppy!" She sobbed.

Harry rolled his eyes and Ginny laughed.

"Molly is that the turkey I smell burning?" Mr. Weasley interrupted his wife's crying.

"Oh goodness!" Mrs. Weasley said, hurrying to the kitchen, everyone else following suit.

Seated down the long table everyone passed around the food of the Christmas feast. The turkey was saved and was being gobbled, no pun intended, by all the boys.

Hermione asked about the party at the manor the night before. While the boys were in a heated conversation about Quidditch, as usual, Ginny told Hermione about Flint and Goyle.

"He didn't!" Hermione hissed.

"Believe me, Draco was beyond mad. And his Father…" Ginny trailed off.

"Well. At least you were able to hex the pig. Ginny, do be careful!" Hermione said, patting her knee.

"Hey Mum! How about some more cocoa?" Ron called from down the table, waving an empty mug above his head, a chocolate moustache covering his upper lip.

"Oh Ron! Manners!" Hermione called towards him. Ron went red and wiped his mouth with his sleeve.

"Ronald not on your new sweater!" Mrs. Weasley scolded him as she got up to set up another tray of cocoa mugs.

After clearing the table, everyone moved back to the living room to open the new gifts Bill and Fleur had brought with them.

Mrs. Weasley bustled around handing out the mugs of fresh cocoa.

Before the first gift was passed out, Mr. Weasley spoke up.

"Is everything alright dear?" Mr. Weasley asked Mrs. Weasley who was standing in the middle of the room with one mug left on her tray.

She sniffed.

"Oh…. Oh yes Arthur… I just…. Forgot we were short one." Mrs. Weasley said.

The room fell quiet as everyone realized Mrs. Weasley had made one mug of cocoa too many - still accounting for Fred in her hurry to refill the drinks.

"Just leave it be dear. Come sit." Mr. Weasley said, beckoning Mrs. Weasley towards him.

She set the tray down on a side table and came over and sat on Mr. Weasleys lap, causing him to grunt.

Ron and Harry snickered at Mr. Weasley`s reaction, helping ease some of the tension in the room.

"All right let's pass out gifts." Bill said, breaking the silence. He handed George the first gift.

"Here you go mate." Bill told to George, giving him a smile. George, who had been looking sad, smiled back.

Amongst the flurry of the unwrapping of gifts there was a knock at the door.

"Are we expecting company?" Mr. Weasley asked as he went to the door to open it.

Present opening continued in the background.

"Merlin!" George exclaimed.

"You like it?" Fleur responded, thinking George's comment was directed at the hideous silk shirt he had just unwrapped.

"It really IS a Christmas miracle Ron!" George said, pointing to the door.

~*~*~*~

Draco stood in the doorway awkwardly, a wrapped gift in hand.

"Oh hello!" Mr. Weasley said. "We weren't expecting you!"

"Er….. Right. Is….. That a problem?" Draco responded.

"Not at all m'boy! Come in out of the cold!" Mr. Weasley requested.

"Bloody hell I'm still in my jammies!" Ron exclaimed, quickly whipping a blanket over the pajama pants he still wore. Draco smirked.

Ginny stood up and walked up to Draco.

"Merry Christmas." He whispered to her. All eyes were on them.

"What are you doing here?" Ginny asked.

"It's Christmas." Draco said.

"Shouldn't you be with your family?"

"Meh." Draco said, shrugging. "I've opened all my gifts already. There was nothing else to do around the manor anyways."

"How did you find the place?" Ginny asked.

"It wasn't exactly hard to find…." He trailed off, his eyes glancing around the room. Ron, Harry, and Hermione were all chatting quietly in the corner - obviously about Draco.

"Well… Yeah." Ginny said, blushing.

"Would you like a seat?" Ginny offered, showing Draco the crowded living room.

"Er.. Um. Alright." Draco said awkwardly.

The couches did not match and the coffee table was worn and covered in gobs of bows and ribbons and a tray with one mug of cocoa on it. The rug in the room had a stain in the middle and the pillows looked mushy. It was very different from what he was used to. Despite all his Father's comments about the place, most of them being quite accurate, it seemed homey and everyone seemed happy and that they didn't mind the stain on the rug or the mismatched furniture.

"I've got your gift upstairs. I'll be back." Ginny told Draco. He blanched as she left the room, leaving him there in a sea of red.

"Having a good holiday Drago?" Charlie asked, breaking the silence.

"Draco." Draco corrected.

"Ah. I should have known that." Charlie said.

"Right." Draco said, looking side to side. "Um. Yes, my holiday has been fine……. Thank you."

Everyone else stared at him except for Fleur who was fussing with the shirt she had gotten George.

"Is that for Ginny?" Hermione asked Draco of the box he held in his lap.

"No. Er. I gave her a gift last night."

George snorted. Ron went red in the face.

"The new coat?" Draco quickly questioned.

"I wondered whose that was." Mrs. Weasley said. "That's a lovely gift dear." Mrs. Weasley told him.

"This is for you." Draco said, awkwardly handing the box to Mrs. Weasley.

"Oh what a sweetheart you are!" Mrs. Weasley gushed, sliding the bow off the box. Inside was a box of chocolates from Honeydukes.

"How thoughtful! Thank you Draco!" Mr. Weasley said.

At this point Ginny had rumbled back down the stairs with a box of her own.

She handed it to Draco.

"Merry Christmas." she said. Draco smiled and opened the gift, feeling weird with all the eyes on him.

"A sweater?" Draco asked, lifting it out of the box.

"Oh!!!!" Mrs. Weasley said, slightly tearing up.

"I made this one my own. Well, with some help from Mum." Ginny said as Draco held up the green knit sweater.

"It's great. Thank you." Draco said, giving her a smile.

"Let's see if it fits!" Mrs. Weasley said, beaming.

"No - that's quite alright." Draco said.

"Yeah Draco." Ron said from across the room. "Try it on!"

"Yeah! Come on!" Harry egged.

Draco looked around quickly.

"Well, since you guys like sweaters so much…." Draco said. He pulled the sweater over his button up shirt he was already wearing, the collar popping out over the collar of the sweater.

"It's perfect!" Mrs. Weasley said. Ginny grinned at Draco and he smiled back.

"Now everyone has a sweater!" Mr. Weasley said. Draco looked around and it was true. Everyone, including Fleur was wearing a Weasley brand sweater.

"You should think about creating your own line of sweaters." Draco joked. The room was quiet for a moment.

"That." Mrs. Weasley said, taking a long pause.

"Is a WONDERFUL idea. George, do you think we can incorporate my sweaters into the joke shop?"

"I don't know mum. Probably not unless they unraveled for comic effect." George said shrugging.

As Mrs. Weasley heckled George about sweaters some more, Draco began to feel strangely happy. It was an amazing feeling to be around so much happiness and family.

Sure, Christmases at the Manor were nice. Fancy elf cooked dinners and fancy decorations and expensive gifts. The last few Christmases hadn't seemed so great compared to past ones, no surprises there, and even despite all that had gone on this year - the Weasley's seemed so happy and it was great to see how they were putting their lives back together after the war.

He was happy he was here. He was glad he had Ginny discreetly snuggled next to him on the couch. The sweater didn't itch at all and he felt strangely modelesque in it. Her brown sweater matched her eyes and went well with his green sweater. He could see himself in several more sweaters celebrating several more Christmases on several mismatched pieces of furniture.

"Draco?" Mrs. Weasley asked, interrupting his thoughts.

"Mmm?" Draco asked, blinking quickly and turning his head towards her.

"Would you like some cocoa?" Mrs. Weasley asked, handing Draco the lone mug of cocoa from the tray. The whole room watching intently.

There was a pause.

"Yes. Thank you." Draco said, reaching out and taking the mug. Mrs. Weasley beamed.

`Yes.' Draco thought. He could definitely see himself here.

~*~*~*~

It was a few weeks before school was supposed to start up again. It also happened to be Draco's first day of work at the Hogsmeade Gringotts branch. Ginny wanted to see him and ask how it went but Draco wasn't going to have her come all the way out to Hogsmeade on her own, especially after the Flint and Goyle incident. Ginny promised she wouldn't come alone.

Draco had moved into the flat above Zabini's bar. Much to Blaise's delight and much to Lucius and Narcissa's disdain. Ginny hadn't been to see him since he had moved in and she was eager to go. She had set up a Portkey to take her and Luna, the only person who agreed to go with her, to the Hog's Head. Aberforth had sent it via owl earlier in the week.

Once Luna and Ginny arrived in Hogsmeade, Ginny made sure to dispose of the Portkey as soon as possible. She would have to wash her gloves after handling the old feed bag that had served as the Portkey. It smelled strongly of goat.

"Are we almost there?" Luna wanted to know as they walked down the snowy street, pieces of her blonde hair peeking out oddly from under her woolen cap.

"Just around the corner." Ginny assured her.

"Zabini's?" Luna asked, tilting her head to the side as she stared at the sign above the door on the building they had just stopped in front of.

"Yes." Ginny said, reaching for the doorknob.

"Ginny! Wait! You mustn't trust gypsies! They're Goblins in disguise! It's one of their many ways of swindling money from innocent witches and wizards!" Luna said, reaching out and grabbing Ginny's wrist to stop her from opening the door.

"Luna, Zabini is not a fortune teller." Ginny said, taking Luna's hand off her wrist.

"Are you sure? I smell schnozberries." Luna said, sniffing the air.

"Wonderful. Now are you coming in or not?" Ginny said, grabbing the door handle.

"As long as no one tries to read my fortune." Luna said.

"No one will read your fortune." Ginny replied.

"But why not?" Luna asked sadly.

Ginny sighed.

"Just get in." Ginny said, pulling the door open.

"All right." Luna said, strolling into the club, taking off her cap and shaking out her hair.

The bar lights were on as usual, but no one was behind the counter.

"Ooooh a jumbo snarfblat!" Luna said, running over to the table with the old phonograph on it.

"Hello?" Ginny called out.

"I'm over here!" Luna said, waving to Ginny from the corner of the room. She turned back to the phonograph.

There were footsteps heard on the stairs and a pair of shoes appeared.

"Hey there doll face." Blaise said to Ginny, jumping the last step on the staircase. Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Is Draco home?" Ginny asked.

"Not yet but he will be soon." Blaise said, quickly checked his watch before leaning against the bar counter.

"Can I get you something to drink while you wait?" He asked, motioning to the bottles on the wall behind the bar.

"No thanks. I`ll just-"

A clattering noise interrupted them.

"Ginny I think I broke it!" Luna whined from in the corner. Ginny groaned.

"You brought a guest?" Blaise said peering to the corner near the door, eyes shining.

"Yes." Ginny replied wary.

Blaise and Ginny went to inspect the phonograph.

Luna was on her hands and knees trying to find the phonograph handle that had fallen off and rolled under the table, bottom up in the air like a duck bobbing for food.

"Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! ………. Who do we have here?" Blaise said, stepping back and watching the scene.

"Blaise. No. She's my friend." Ginny told him sternly.

"So what does that make us? Strangers?" Blaise asked her.

"No but-"

"Trust me." Blaise said, giving her a quick wink. Ginny sighed exasperatedly.

"I found it!" Luna said, wriggling her way backwards out from underneath the table, then standing up. She turned around.

"Oh hello! You're not a gypsy." She told Blaise, cocking her head slightly the left as she looked at him.

"I will if you want me to." was his reply. Luna giggled.

"Luna. For the last time, this is a bar, not a fortune teller." Ginny said, taking the handle from her and setting it on the table.

"Wait. Luna? Loon---"

"Don't you call her that!" Ginny snapped, cutting Blaise off.

"Okay okay! But really? Luna Lovegood?" Blaise asked, giving Luna a quick look-over.

"Yes! And you're Blaise Zabini." Luna replied. "Do you not remember me?"

"I do." Blaise said in a hurry. "I just didn't recognize you with shoes." he said.

Luna looked down.

"Oh yes. Now that I'm not in school, they don't go missing." Luna said, clicking her heels together quickly.

"I would imagine so." Blaise said. "Would you like a drink?'

"Yes please." Luna said, dreamily following Blaise to the bar.

"Don't give her anything funny." Ginny warned him.

"Relax." Blaise told her. He came around behind the bar and Ginny and Luna took seats across from him.

"Now what'll it be toots?" Blaise asked Luna winking.

"A virgin Cuba Libre please." Luna ordered promptly.

Blaise blinked a couple of times.

"A rum and cola without the rum?" Blaise asked confused.

"Ooooh yes! And a lime wedge please!" Luna said, eagerly nodding.

"Would you like a curly straw?" Blaise teased.

"You have those too? Yes please!" Luna said. She turned to Ginny.

"I like this place." She whispered.

"Oh Merlin…" Ginny grumbled, leaning her chin on her hand.

The bell above the door jingled as Draco stomped in the room, snow falling from his coat and shoes.

"Hi honey how was your first day at work?" Blaise said, wiping off some silverware.

"Harhar." Draco said, making his way over to the bar, running a hand through his hair, ruffling it back into place after taking off his sweater cap.

"So how was it?" Ginny asked, sliding off her chair to give Draco a hug.

"I had one customer." He grumbled, squeezing Ginny quickly with his free arm.

"That's great!" Luna cheered. Draco looked up, now realizing it wasn't just his roommate and his girlfriend in the room.

"What the……" Draco said, staring at Luna. He shook his head.

"Nevermind. It wasn't great. The only reason why they came to my desk at all was because all the other reps were busy. No one wanted to come to my desk. They're all scared I'm going to curse them or….. Or steal their money. Or something."

"They should know you're rich enough to not want their money." Blaise commented.

"You would think so." Draco said, taking the drink that Blaise had just handed him. "Mr. Sellis says things ought to improve once I become `familiar' to all the banks patrons."

"I thought you were plenty `familiar'." Ginny said.

"True. Familiar by my past. He means familiar as in `Oh that poor Draco Malfoy still works at the bank? I guess he's not going to hex me after all! I guess I can deposit my paycheck through him now'."

"Come now. I bet its not that bad." Ginny said, quickly patting his back.

"Mmmrph." was Draco's reply. He set down his empty glass with a loud `clink' on the bar counter.

"I'm going upstairs to change." He said.

~*~*~*~

Upon returning downstairs, Draco had to quickly bite his tongue to hold in the comment playing on his lips.

Luna was dancing around the room to music being played from the old phonograph, which Blaise was cranking. Ginny was giggling on one of the nearby sofas as she watched.

"I love this song!" Luna said as she twirled around the room.

Draco cleared his throat as he approached and the music slowly stopped as Blaise stopped cranking. Luna continued to dance to the slowing music, her dancing slowing as well.

"Cheer up mate, work isn't always fun and games. Unless you run a bar that is." Blaise told Draco as Draco collapsed on the same sofa as Ginny.

"It'll get better." Ginny said, snuggling up to Draco. He put an arm around her shoulders and pulled her in closer.

Luna was still dancing around the room.

"The girls will be arriving soon." Blaise said, tearing his eyes away from Luna and checking his watch again.

"Gypsies?" Luna asked, almost tripping over her heels as she stopped in her dancing.

"What is it with you and gypsies?" Blaise asked. Luna opened her mouth widely and began to take a deep breath before starting to explain but Ginny cut her off.

"He means his burlesque dancers."

"I like to dance!" Luna said, raising her hand.

"Not like they do." Ginny told her.

"You do." Blaise shot in Ginny's direction, winking at her. She blushed.

"What are their names?" Luna asked

"Christina, Kimberly, Alicia, and Maya." Blaise listed off. Luna nodded.

"Definitely Goblins." She deduced.

"We ought to go then." Ginny said, standing up from the couch.

"See you first Hogsmeade weekend?" Draco asked.

"Of course!" Ginny said with a big smile.

"Owl me when you get home." Draco said as he walked her to the door.

He pulled her close and kissed her.

"Aw!!!" Luna commented from behind them. The kiss stopped short and Draco stiffened at the interruption - obviously a bit perturbed.

"Stop it!" Ginny told her, blushing.

"Will I see you sometime?" Blaise said to Luna, trying very hard to keep the hope out of his voice.

"I don't know. I could. Do you like tea?" Luna asked him.

"Yes I like tea." Blaise replied.

"Alright then." Luna said.

"By the way." Blaise said. "The way you move ain't fair you know."

"Oh Merlin…." Draco groaned as Luna beamed.

"See you in a few weeks." Ginny said to Draco, giving his hand a squeeze.

As Ginny and Luna were exiting the bar there came a muffled boom from down the street. Shopkeepers started to emerge from their establishments to see what was going on.

"Someone get the Ministry!" Someone called out.

Draco and Blaise hurried out behind the girls and headed towards the town square.

"What's going on?" Blaise asked aloud.

"Look!" Luna said, pointing to the roofs of the nearby building. Smoke was curling out from behind one specific building.

Now several of the townsfolk were milling around the square. There was a lot of commotion going on near one of the side streets.

"Make some room!" A witch called, emerging from the side street, covered in ash. She was helping another witch who was limping.

"Merlin! What happened?" Blaise asked again.

"A sewing machine exploded." Said one of Blaise's neighbors.

"A sewing machine?" Draco asked confused.

"Yes! Over at Gladrags." The neighbor said.

"The Ministry is sending someone right away!" Someone was calling out to the ladies that had escaped from Gladrags.

"If the Ministry is getting involved, this must mean this isn't just an accident." Blaise said.

"What do you mean?" Ginny asked.

Draco's face became very cold and stern as he replied.

"Rebellions."

~*~*~*~

Authors Note- Okay SO sorry this has taken so long for me to get this chapter out. I had a hard time filling in the Christmas with the Weasley's part. I had everything else written out already for a while. But then I got caught up in getting married (yay!) and going on an AMAZING honeymoon to Orlando, including the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (double yay!) and like I mentioned earlier, a bad case of writers block. Now that this is out I can move on to all the other ideas I've been dying to write, so hopefully that means the next chapter won't be too far off. I'm finding that I have a hard time trying to convey Luna's eccentric-ness. I feel she comes off as ditzy, but believe me, I love Luna and wouldn't want to dumb her down or anything. I was just trying to come up with quirky things for her to do since she seems like the type of person who would call a phonograph a jumbo snarfblat (thanks to The Little Mermaid for that one by the way). Hopefully her character comes out better in later chapters. I have plans. :D For now, read and review!

-->