Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Adventure by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Adventure

RowlingIdol

The Adventure

By RowlingIdol

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I don't own the song `Stripper'. I also don't own `Gossip Girl', from which this chapter was inspired, quotes included. This chapter contains slight language, teen drinking and sexual references. Review if you wish! They are most appreciated.

Chapter 4: Stripper

"First… We can go to the quill shop. I want to get that inkwell before they run out." Hermione planned the day for Ginny as they got ready in their dorm room.

"Then I figured we could head on over to Gladrags to see if they have any new sweaters. And after that, we could meet up with the boys at Honeydukes."

Hermione turned to Ginny.

"Oh Ginny! You look so pretty today! What's the occasion?" Hermione winked.

Ginny rolled her eyes.

"I don't look `pretty' Hermione. I'm doing my usual morning routine." Ginny said, twisting her hair around her wand, which had been heated up with a charm. She slid her wand out from under her hair, a silky red curl bouncing out.

"Well sure you're wearing your normal clothes but you're curling your hair!"

"So?" Ginny said, curling another section of hair.

"You only curl your hair for special occasions. I thought you were going out with Harry tomorrow!"

"I am. Ginny said, sighing into the mirror.

"You want to look special for him today! Oh how sweet!" Hermione said, clapping her hands.

Ginny rolled her eyes when Hermione turned away to brush her bushy hair.

She had been trying to look nicer today, but not for Harry. Draco always seemed to look nice, with everything from his clothes to his hair. He wore wizard designer brands, the most expensive ones. His shoes were always shiny and polished.

And Ginny? Well… Her clothes consisted of second hand clothes that once had been too big. Her mother had taken them in for her. Her shoes had scuffs and signs of wear. She at least put on her best jumper today. Green, to go with her hair. She opted for a khaki skirt to go with the sweater. She had a thick pair of knee highs on and her nicest looking pair of shoes. What she was going to wear tomorrow night on her date with Harry? She had no idea.

"You ready to go?" Hermione asked, buttoning up her blue jacket.

"Sure. Let me grab my money." Ginny said. She rummaged in her trunk for her leather drawstring bag of her saved pocket money. She stuffed it into the pocket of her skirt.

"Ready." Ginny said. Hermione held out her hand for her and the two friends laughed and giggled on their way down the stairs.

~*~*~*~

"Students must be back by curfew!" Professor McGonagall was calling to the students as they filed out of the grand doors of Hogwarts.

"I expect everyone to be back here on time! You can return to Hogsmeade tomorrow so there should be no reason why students are late!!!"

"Yeah yeah…" Ron muttered as they walked past the Headmistress on their way out of school.

"Behave yourselves!!!" She yelled, in Harry and Ron's direction. They sniggered to themselves.

"Men." Hermione said to Ginny. They laughed.

"So who are you meeting in town, Gin?" Hermione casually asked, causing Ginny to cough on the sharp breath she had taken at the mention of Hermione's question.

"Oh um… *cough cough* Some of the other 7th year girls in my Herbology class." Ginny lied.

"That's nice! Maybe we will see Neville today." Hermione said cheerfully.

The walk to the village of Hogsmeade was a quick one. Probably with everyone so anxious to be out and about.

When they had reached town, Harry and Ron hurried off in the direction of where they could find Quidditch supplies.

"Not so fast!" Hermione yelled after them.

"Aw! But `Mione!!!" Ron whined.

"We are GOING to Scrivenshaft's for my inkwell!" Hermione said, grabbing the back of Ron's sweatshirt and dragging him in the direction of the quill shop.

"You coming Gin?" Harry asked her.

"I'll be there in a second okay? I wanted to stop at the post office." Ginny lied yet again.

"Okay then." Harry said. He turned to leave but turned back again.

"By the way… You look really lovely today Ginny." He said smiling at her. Ginny went red in the face.

"Thanks." she mumbled. Harry's smile became wider at this response. Ginny waited for him to be far enough away before heading towards the fountain in the Hogsmeade town square.

~*~*~*~

Draco was seated casually on the stone foundation of the fountain. People passing by didn't give him a second glance. He glanced at his watch and then back up again. It was almost noon. Where was she? What if she was just playing him for a fool? What if she set him up? What if she ditched him for Potter? Draco clenched his hands into fists at the thought of being stood up by a Weasley. He was going out of his way to show her that he had changed, Merlin knows why.

There was a tap on his shoulder. Draco turned around.

"Hi." Ginny said brightly to him. He nearly fell back into the fountain.

"Hi." Draco said, eyes wide as he quietly admired her.

She looked so perfect today. Her legs were longer than he thought. Maybe it was just the knee highs she was wearing. The skirt she wore hugged her in all the right places. The sweater she wore pleasantly showed off her chest. And she was wearing his favorite color, green.

"You look positively…." Draco started.

"What? Poor?" Ginny frowned, tugging at her sweater. Draco swallowed hard.

"Positively Slytherin." Draco said, composing himself. He smirked. "What have you done with Ginny Weasley from Gryffindor?"

"Oh stop!' Ginny said, giggling and slapping Draco's arm playfully.

`OH MY GOD Did I just FLIRT with him?' Screamed Ginny's mind.

`OH MY GOD Did I just FLIRT with her?' Draco's mind screamed as well.

The two smiled at each other in silence, minds racing with their innermost thoughts.

"Yes well…. *ahem*" Draco said finally. He stuffed his hands in the pockets of his khaki pants. "I expected you to um….. Wear red." He said stupidly.

"Well you're wearing black." Ginny pointed out. "That's not a Slytherin color."

"All my green shirts were dirty?" Draco said, shrugging. Ginny giggled again.

"So um. What do you want to do first?" she then asked.

"I don't know. I'm surprised you even showed up. I hadn't planned anything."

"Surprised I even showed up? What kind of friend do you think I am?" Ginny said, putting her hands on her hips. She sighed.

"Well. I guess I can't be mad at that. If it was me I probably would think the same thing." She said. Draco looked down.

"Want to head to the Three Broomsticks for lunch?" He suggested.

"Sure." Ginny said. She turned quickly in the direction of the Three Broomsticks, Draco following close behind.

"What are your friends up to." Draco asked her as they walked down the street.

"Oh they're off at the Quill shop. Then they were headed to Gladrags." Ginny replied.

"Are you worried we're going to run into them?" Draco asked.

"Not really." She shrugged. "Are you?"

"No." Draco lied.

"Liar." Ginny said, turning to him.

"Why do you think I'm lying?" Draco asked.

"The look on your face." She said, smiling at him.

"There's nothing wrong with my face." Draco said, frowning.

"You pale at the mention of my brother and Harry." Ginny said. Draco frowned some more. Damn. She was right.

"Well so do you." He shot back. Ginny glared at him before turning back around.

Moments later….

"Oh bloody hell look out!" Draco said from behind her. "It's Harry!"

"WHERE!" Ginny practically screamed, stopping suddenly, causing Draco to run into her. She began to fall forward but Draco's hands had already reached out and grabbed around her waist, pulling her back upright.

Draco began to laugh. She twisted around to face him.

"Who's the pale one now?" Draco asked. Ginny went from white in the face to red.

"You jerk! That really frightened me!" Ginny said to him.

"I'm sorry. It had to be done." Draco said, smirking some more. Ginny frowned at him.

"You're going to get it." Ginny said, poking a finger at his chest.

"Oh really?" Draco said. He still had his hands around her waist. He pulled her a little closer to him.

Ginny went redder in the face. Draco let go.

"Thanks…." Ginny muttered, brushing imaginary lint off her skirt.

"Shall we continue?" Draco asked. Ginny nodded, and brushed her curls out of her face.

After a bit they had reached the Three Broomsticks. It was full of students but they were lucky to find a table to themselves in the back.

A flustered witch in her twenties came over for their order.

"I'll have um…. The toasted ham and cheese with a tea." Ginny said, handing the menu back to the waitress.

"I will have the roast with a Butterbeer." Draco said, not even looking at the menu.

"Right away." The witch said. She hurried away, scribbling on a pad of parchment.

It was silent between the two. Ginny fidgeted with the cloth napkin in her lap.

"Um… How are you today?" She asked him.

"All right. You?" Draco replied.

"Fine thanks." was her response.

"How um…. How is your family?" Ginny continued. Draco gave a huge sigh.

"Different."

"Oh?" Ginny inquired. Her tea was brought over and she began mixing sugar into it from the container provided at the table.

"All ties my family had seem to be severed. We no longer want to be recognized with those still loyal to Dark Arts."

"So you mean there are still active dark witches and wizards out there?" Ginny asked.

"Yes." Draco nodded. He took a sip of his Butterbeer which had just arrived.

"There's no one to serve but it still doesn't stop them from thinking that they shouldn't have been the losing team."

"Do we have to fear another attack?" Ginny meekly asked. Draco shook his head.

"I don't think so. My family wouldn't know anyways. After our house arrest, Mother and Father wanted nothing to do with the Dark Arts anymore. I never wanted anything to do with them in the first place. Getting Death Eaters into Hogwarts? That was a punishment for my Father that Voldemort directed be dolled out through me. All the things Voldemort wanted me to do were totally against my nature."

It was quiet again between the two.

"Wow." Ginny whispered. Draco looked away from her. He had probably said too much.

"So…. What is your nature." Ginny asked,

"I don't even know anymore." Draco sadly admitted.

"Well…. I think you're actually very kind." Ginny said softly, going pink in the cheeks.

"Granted you can be very rude and pig headed and snobbish." Ginny said after Draco had begun to smile. The smile faded as quickly as it had appeared.

"But you care for your family and your friends. It's a good thing your Father has learned his family is more important than torturing innocent people."

"It is different…. Like I said." Draco said. He smiled to himself. She thought him a kind person. Wasn't it just like a Weasley to think that.

Their food arrived and they ate while making idle chit chat about NEWT prep.

"How do you think you're going to do?" Ginny asked.

"Fine. I just wish it wasn't so rushed." Draco admitted.

"I have until the end of the year to take mine. You and the other 8th years have to have them done by the winter break." Ginny reminded him.

"That's right. Lucky you, getting extra study time."

Ginny smiled.

"Well, Hermione is all uppity about it. She was off getting a top grade inkwell just for the NEWTs earlier."

"That sure sounds like Granger." Draco said, rolling his eyes. Ginny set her napkin down on the table.

"Speaking of Hermione, I ought to go find them." She said.

"Where are you going to look?"

"At Honeydukes. Its where the boys spend the most time." Ginny said shrugging.

"Mind if I walk you there?" Draco asked, standing up. Ginny blushed and shook her head. They paid for their food. Draco did so with ease, plopping down one Galleon and two Sickles. Ginny, however, had to count out her money in Sickles and Knuts.

~*~*~*~

While they walked back up towards the town square, a building off to the side of the Hogs Head, caught Draco's eye. He stopped.

"What's wrong?" Ginny asked.

"Give me a minute, all right?" Draco asked her. She nodded and he opened the windowless door. A bell jingled as he closes it behind him.

"Sorry we're closed!" Called a familiar voice from behind a bar in the dark building.

"Real original name." Draco called out, walking towards the bar. A tall thin boy walked out from a room behind the bar.

"Well. I thought it had a nice ring to it." The figure told Draco. A lamp flickered on and the grinning face of Blaise Zabini shone in the light. Draco grinned.

"Hey mate! What are you doing here? You come to visit little ol' me?" Blaise said, all the while cleaning a beer stein.

"I was in town if that's what you mean." Draco replied. "So what is this place?"

"My first business!" Blaise said. "Zabini's is going to be the nighttime spot for young wizards and witches. You just wait until this place is in its full swing."

"So it's a club?" Draco asked, looking around the array of the building. There was a stage. The bar stretched far and wide across one wall. Tables and couches of a variety of size and shape were scattered here and there. There was a section in the far corner near the stage where it seemed more private than other places.

"Right-o!" Blaise said. "Got the apartment upstairs to boot! Employee's only." Blaise said, winking at Draco.

"Don't tell me you employ whores…" Draco said, giving Blaise a wary eye.

"Well they don't have a problem expressing themselves sexually if that's what you mean." Blaise said with another wink.

Draco shook his head, chuckling.

"What can I say? I loved the idea of being a patron of burgeoning talent" Blaise ended with a flourishing gesture of his hand.

"You haven't changed a bit." He told his old friend.

"You have. I still can't believe you went back to Hoggy Warty Hogwarts." Blaise said, reaching for another stein to clean.

"You know my parents." Draco said, casually leaning on the bar.

"You're welcome here anytime, open or close. I consider it a place for one to escape…" Blaise said, giving their surroundings a dreamy look.

"I will keep that in mind." Draco said. "How did you afford this place anyways? Is wizard real estate really that easy?"

"Not one stinking bit!" Blaise laughed.

"Mum's inheritance from her second to last marriage helped with the full building purchase, apartment included. And I helped buy all these wonderful furniture pieces." Blaise said.

"Ah." Draco looked around at the furniture once again. Some of the styles were questionable, but to each his own.

"Well I need to get back outside." Draco said, pointing to the door over his shoulder with his thumb.

"All right then. Do stop by though! I'm not open Monday through Wednesday but you're welcome to stop by anyways. Ring twice when we're closed, okay?"

"Will do." Draco said. Blaise stuck out his hand and Draco shook it before hurrying back outside. He looked around for Ginny but didn't see her right away.

"Here I am." she said. She had been leaning against the wall of the building of Zabini's club. "What took you so long? They're not even open."

"I know the owner." Draco said. "Actually, so do you."

Ginny looked up at the sign above the door.

"Zabini's? Real original…." Ginny said, shaking her head.

"That's what I said!" Draco said, grinning. Ginny smiled back. They started walking again.

"He says it's a club. A place for people to-" Draco paused and wiggled his fingers for affect. "Escape!" Ginny giggled.

"Maybe we should go sometime." She thought aloud. Draco tried not to smile. She said `we'. That meant she wanted to go out again.

"Even though he's a poser…." Ginny added.

"He's not at all like that if you get to know him." Draco said. "You'll see." He said.

"You're probably right. After all, you're not all that bad once I got to know you too." Ginny said, cocking her head to the side and giving him a smile.

Draco's heart felt funny all of the sudden. Maybe it was heartburn from lunch.

"Honeydukes is up ahead. I ought to get going. By myself." Ginny told him.

His heart felt funny again, like it suddenly weighed a ton.

"All right. Well…. Um…." Draco stuttered.

They just stood there, as if they were unsure of parting ways. Draco felt like sticking out his hand for a handshake but that seemed stupid. He shuffled his feet. Ginny took a step forward.

"I ought to get going." She repeated.

"You said that already." Draco said. She blushed.

"Yes well…. Um…."

It happened in a flash. She took a quick step forward, wrapped her arms around his torso unexpectedly, and released almost immediately.

"Bye!" She said quickly. She turned around without a glance back and raced off towards the sweet shop.

Draco was positive he probably looked as smart as a Troll as he stood in the middle of the street reveling in what just happened.

Was that a hug?

~*~*~*~

Ginny hurried into Honeydukes and breathed heavily as the door shut behind her with a bell chime. A trio of people at the checkout turned to look at her.

"There you are! We've been looking for you for hours!" Ron said, mouth full of freshly purchased licorice wand.

"Oh I was out… Um. Window shopping. Um… Then I went to the Three Broomsticks for lunch." Ginny said.

"Alone?" Harry asked.

"Yeah well…." Ginny started. "I thought we were meeting there for lunch but you guys didn't show up so I just ate and then came here."

"We went to Madam Puddifoots." Hermione said, staring lovingly at Ron who went red.

"Oh. Well, just a misunderstanding." Ginny said, shrugging her shoulders and avoided looking Harry in the face.

"We still have time to visit the Quidditch store, so why don't we head that way?" Hermione said, looking around at their little group.

"Sure! I hope they have new Cannons equipment in!" Ron said, grabbing Hermione's hand and practically dragging her out of the store.

"So Ginny." Harry said, following closely behind Ginny. "I made reservations for us tomorrow night at Madam Puddifoots. And don't worry, I made sure there would be no cherubs and confetti this time." Harry said. Ginny gave him a weak smile.

"Sounds perfect." She said through gritted teeth.

"I will wait for you in the common room at eight o' clock." He said. Ginny just nodded.

"Hey is that Malfoy over there?" Ron asked the group as they made their way towards the Quidditch shop.

"I think so." Hermione said. "I wonder why he's just standing there in the middle of the street. You think he's okay?"

"Looks like he got hit by a stunning spell. Git probably deserved it." Ron replied. Ginny giggled to herself.

~*~*~*~

"You look FINE!" Hermione said to Ginny for the umpteenth time.

"Are you sure?" Ginny asked, admiring herself in the bathroom mirror. She had borrowed an array of clothes from Hermione for her date with Harry. She had curled her hair again, and topped it off with a wide headband. The dress was itchy, but she would never tell Hermione that, so she wore a slip underneath it. It zipped down the side with a faux ribbon bow belt around the middle. She added two long strings of pearls, one white, one dark, to the ensemble. She was glad she had packed her only pair of high heeled shoes. They're weren't anything fancy, but at least they went with the dress nicely.

"It's almost eight. You should go down at meet him. Ooooh this is so exciting!" Hermione squealed, clapping her hands.

"It's just a date Hermione. Calm down!" Ginny said.

"But I can tell it will be a special night for you!" Hermione said, winking.

Hermione was right. It would be a special night for Ginny. But not in the way Hermione was thinking.

"Don`t forget your sweater." Hermione said, handing her a button up black sweater.

"Go go!" Hermione said, shoving Ginny out the door. Ginny nearly stumbled down the stairs but she caught herself.

She peeked into the common room from the girls stairwell. Harry was sitting on a couch waiting for her. He stood up when she entered the room.

"Hey. You look beautiful tonight." He said, coming over to greet her. She went red.

"Thanks." She said. "Shall we go?"

Harry nodded and handed her his arm. She took it out of politeness.

"Did you have a pleasant day yesterday?" Harry asked, making small talk as they walked down to Hogsmeade. Professor McGonagall nodded at them on their way out.

"Remember the curfew students!" She called after them. They both waved to her and continued on.

"It was nice."

"I wish you could have hung out with us longer." Harry said wistfully. Ginny suddenly felt guilty.

"I had a lot on my mind. I lost track of time while shopping." Ginny said, looking at Harry, hoping her lie was working.

"It's alright." He said with a smile.

It had.

He reached for her hand and grabbed it, intertwining their fingers together. He raised their hands up to his lips and gently kissed her hand. Ginny blushed.

When they reached Madam Puddifoots' Harry opened the door for her and took her sweater. He also held her chair out for her when she sat down. The table was lit with candles floating in the air. Much better than cherubs.

Tea was brought to them by Madam Puddifoot herself. They didn't have much meal wise for offer at the café but it was at least fancier than the Three Broomsticks. A tray of mini sandwiches were brought to them along with an extensive dessert menu.

After much silence and stares, the latter on Harry's part, Harry opened his mouth to speak.

"Ginevra." He said softly, reaching for her hand.

`Oh god now what.' Ginny thought. People only used her full name if she was in trouble. Or if they needed to have a serious discussion with her. She swallowed hard.

"Yes Harry?" she asked, eyes wide.

"I wanted to ask you something."

"O-kay…" Ginny answered slowly.

"You've been kind of distant ever since we got back to school. I've been trying to talk to you for a while…" Harry started. Ginny could feel herself beginning to shake.

"It's been hard on me." She said, trying to steady her voice. "You should know that better than anybody."

"You're right. I do. And I do understand where you're coming from." He said gently. He stroked her hand in an affectionate manner.

"I can't help think that you've been avoiding me." He said sadly. Ginny gulped.

"You could have talked to me before." Ginny answered.

"I've tried Ginny. But every time I try, something else has your attention. In the Great Hall during meals. Especially during NEWT prep. You're always day dreaming or something."

"I---" Ginny said.

"I just want to know Ginny…" Harry said. He took a deep breath.

"Do you love me?"

Ginny's shoulders relaxed slightly. She had been unaware of how tense she had become.

"Harry…" She said. "You know I do. But…. Things have changed. You've changed. I've changed."

Harry hung his head.

"I know but…."

"But what, Harry?" Her voice quivering and raising slightly. "You were the one who left me."

"For your safety!" Harry reminded her.

"Yeah I know. But it still hurt." Ginny said, looking away. A tear rolled down her cheek.

"What about my birthday present?" He asked.

"I didn't get you one this year. You said you didn't want one." Ginny said, wiping her cheek with her free hand.

"The one before the war." Harry said, blushing slightly.

"So we snogged." Ginny answered. "And then Ron interrupted." Ginny laughed a little at the memory.

"Yeah…. Stupid Ron…" Harry muttered.

"He told me not to get your hopes up you know." Harry told her. Ginny nodded and sniffled.

"Yeah, I kind of guessed that. It didn't help it from happening though."

There was a long pause while Madam Puddifoot came and took their sandwich plate. After she left, Ginny continued.

"And after the war…. I waited for you." She said. Harry chuckled.

"I was waiting for you." He admitted. Ginny smiled a little.

"I thought that I was doing everything right to get you back…" He continued. "It's my fault."

"It's not your fault." Ginny assured him. "It's just….. I don't know." She trailed off.

"After a while I gave up on you." Ginny told him, causing his face to fall.

"I haven't given up on you." He said.

`I've noticed.' Ginny thought.

He squeezed her hand and gave her a hopeful smile.

"Well, I guess the point of tonight was to ask you…. Um… To rethink things." He said. Ginny looked at him confused.

"Rethink what?" She asked.

"Us." Harry said.

"Oh."

There was another pause as Madam Puddifoot brought them their dessert, German chocolate cake.

"I will." Ginny told Harry. It was the truth. She would rethink their relationship. She'd consider getting back together with Harry. How much she would rethink things was an entirely different story.

"Great." Harry said, immediately perking up. Maybe it was the chocolate.

"Ron's going to kill me when he finds out we ordered chocolate cake." Harry said, light heartedly changing the subject.

~*~*~*~

After Harry paid the bill and they made their way back up to the castle, it was ten o' clock. Curfew was still good for another two hours.

Professor McGonagall had left her post at the gates. Filch had taken over the watch and eyed the couple suspiciously as they walked past. Harry helped Ginny into the portrait hole.

"I had a good time." Harry said to Ginny. She gave him a smile.

"Thanks for taking me out." Ginny said. Harry was still holding onto her hand. He pulled her close and paused for a moment before leaning down and giving her a lingering kiss. Ginny let him kiss her. Oh why did she let him do that.

"Good night." Harry said after he pulled away.

"Good night." Ginny said. Harry turned and went towards the boys dormitory. Ginny stood still in the middle of the empty common room.

`I need to get out of here.' Ginny's mind told her. `Now.'

Ginny didn't need to stop and think about where she was going. She went back out the portrait hole, stirring the Fat Lady who had fallen back asleep in her frame.

`Fiddlesticks….' The Fat Lady muttered before snoring again. Ginny needed a way to sneak back out of the castle. She doubted Filch would let her leave the school with an hour and a half left until curfew. The walk to Hogsmeade took at least 20 minutes. If she ran she could make in less.

She hurried down the stairs as fast as she could in her shoes. She crept up silently to the gates leading out to the path to Hogsmeade.

The large door creaked as it slowly opened.

Ginny breathed a sigh of relief as she spied Filch slumped over in a chair, snoring loudly. She walked slowly past, careful the click of her heels against the path didn't wake him. When she was far enough away she pulled out her wand from the pocket of the dress.

"Lumos!" she said. She used the light of the now lit wand to find her way down to Hogsmeade. It seemed empty but the further she walked down High Street she started passing other students, most likely on their way back to the castle. Other people she saw hanging around the Hogs Head were probably residents, as they looked older.

She got a couple of odd stares as she approached her destination. She could hear loud thumping music from beside the Hogs Head. She quickly let herself into the club.

It was dim and dark in the club, but it was lit enough so one could see where they were going. The light had a reddish hue to it. She saw the back of Blaise Zabini at the bar mixing a drink for one of the many patrons of his establishment.

Ginny looked around awkwardly. It was loud in the club. Ginny didn't expect any less, but it was annoying just the same. She wandered around the main floor before heading towards the stage area.

There, slumped on a couch, she saw him.

She made her way past a gaggle of girls, most likely drunk, and over to the couch.

~*~*~*~

"Is this seat taken?" someone asked loudly next to him. Draco turned his head to see who was asking.

He didn't believe it.

"By all means." Draco told Ginny, gesturing with his drink. She plopped down and sighed.

Draco took a sip of his drink and turned his head slightly to look at her. Her outfit seemed out of place. It was obviously borrowed.

He had been at Zabini's for several hours. He had chosen a couch and no one had dared to bother him. He had given Blaise several gold Galleons for access to the bar for that evening. Thankfully, Blaise hadn't even questioned why.

Draco had sat on the couch, watching the hours tick by on his watch. He knew she had been off getting ready for the date with Potter earlier that day. He hated how it made him feel. It made him feel like he was slowly being tortured. Waiting for the day to end, so he could see her again come Monday during NEWT prep. It was a pleasant surprise that she was here now. He couldn't help but ask…

"How was your date." He said in a monotone.

"I don't want to talk about it." She said, not looking at him.

"I just want to escape. That's what this place is for, right?"

Draco nodded slightly. That was the reason he was here too. To escape his thoughts of Ginny on her date with Potter. It made his blood feel hot with anger.

Ginny stared around at their surroundings. There was a small white table in front of their couch with an antique phonograph perched in the middle. Off to the side was a silver bucket that held ice and a bottle of champagne. Glasses were set next to the bucket. Ginny reached over and poured herself a glass, Draco trying not to shocked.

Ginny leaned back on the couch and downed half of the champagne in one gulp. She sighed again.

There were cheers as the burlesque dancers strutted out onto the stage.

Draco made a mental note to comment on the choice of the burlesque theme of the club to Blaise later. The music changed and lights flashed to the stage for the dancers.

It wasn't very entertaining. The dancers weren't very good, not to mention not the best looking, but the men in the club cheered anyways.

To avoid watching the show any longer, Draco turned his attention back to Ginny.

"I know you don't want to talk about what happened, but---"

"Relief." she said quickly, cutting him off. "I feel relief." Draco stared at her for a moment before turning back towards the stage.

Ginny was on her second glass of champagne now. The dancers were starting their next dance.

"You know, I've got moves." Ginny said suddenly. Draco looked over at her in disbelief.

" Really?" he said, smirking "Then why don't you get up there?" He whispered in her ear, loud enough for her to hear over the music.

Ginny shook her head away from him.

"No! I'm just saying, I have moves." She shrugged and took another sip of her drink.

Draco scooted closer to her on the couch.

"Come on, you're 10 times hotter than any of those girls." He said. Ginny gave a small laugh.

"I know what you're doing Malfoy." Ginny said, turning to him. Draco continued to smirk. Ginny's face became serious.

"You really don't think I'll go up there." She said to him.

"I know you won't do it." He replied, taking a swig from his drink. Ginny stared at him. He had called her a goody two shoes before and she suddenly felt compelled to prove that ferret wrong.

"Guard my drink." She told him. She stood up from the couch with a little bounce in her step. There were loud cheers as she trotted up the stairs to the stage, joining in with the dancers.

With a shake of her hips in her borrowed dress, Ginny slowly reached up to her head for the headband. She slipped it off and tossed it casually to the floor of the stage. The cheers got louder.

The dancers caught on quickly. They mimicked Ginny's hip shaking, hovering in the background. Ginny turned to her side, staring straight into the audience at Draco as she reached for the side zipper of the dress. In three pulls the zipper was down the dress slid gracefully to the floor. Ginny stepped out from the dress around her feet, the slip shining brightly in the spotlight.

Draco stood up, amazed at the vixen that was staring at him from the stage. Ginny's lips and eyes smirked at him from. She shook her hips some more, raising her hands above her head.

He took a step closer. Was this really happening? He wasn't drunk, only a bit buzzed. He was in shock and awe.

Ginny proceeded to stare back. She sensually stroked her red curls, turning to give Draco a provocative look over the shoulder.

Cheers continued throughout the club. Even Blaise had escaped his bar long enough to see what was going on. He came over to Draco and watched the impromptu act enfold over Draco's shoulder.

"Who's that girl?" Blaise asked. Draco's mouth hung slightly open as he watched Ginny continue to sashay her hips on the stage.

"I have no idea." Draco said. He could not believe that girl, no, woman, on stage was little Ginny Weasley.

"You go baby vamp!" Someone in the audience called. The calls continued.

"Hey! Stripper!"

Ginny laughed for a moment. She moved her hands slowly down the front of her slip, hiking up the bottom of slip ever so slightly above her thigh. She smiled coyly at Draco and proceeded with more hip shaking. With a change of the music, she sexily slunk down to floor, playing with the strands of pearls around her neck in the process.

With a large tip of his glass, Draco finished his drink and he held the empty glass up to her in cheers. Ginny laughed at this, her face glowing in the spotlight.

`I want to be your mister.'

As you might have guessed, prohibition never stood a chance against exhibition. It's human nature to be free. And no matter how long you try to be good, you can't keep a bad girl down. And tonight, Ginny was goody two shoes no more.

With a shake of her curls, she sashayed down the steps amid the throngs of cheers from the crowd. Draco stepped forward and held out his hand. Ginny needn't rethink anything as she took his hand and let him lead her away from the stage and the crowd.

"That was sure something." Draco said as they took refuge in one of the private booths in the back. Ginny collapsed onto the couch breathless.

"I can't believe I did that." She said, a smile lingering on her face.

"I can't believe you did that either." Draco said. He pulled the curtains around the booth shut, leaving the two of them doused in candlelight.

"Want to talk about that date now?" Draco inquired. Ginny laughed.

"He wants me to rethink getting back together." she said, shaking her head and staring up at the ceiling. Her chest heaved as she winded down from her adrenaline rush. Draco couldn't help but watch as her chest rose and fell in a seductive manner.

"And?" Draco said, tearing his eyes away from her. "What do you think?"

She shook her head again and sat up straighter.

"I don't know. So many things…. I'm afraid if I go back to him I'm just setting myself up to be left again. Or for disappointment."

"Disappointment how?"

"Harry Potter is two people." Ginny said. Draco looked puzzled. Ginny sighed.

"There is Harry Potter, the boy who lived, and then Harry Potter, just Harry." Ginny elaborated.

"Ah." Draco said.

"He kissed me tonight." She said. Draco felt his hands ball up into fists.

"I didn't want it." she added. Draco's hands loosened.

"I don't want to lose my friends by not choosing him." Ginny said. "But I don't want to choose him if he's not what I want."

"Do you know what you want?" Draco asked, his heart skipping a beat. A mumble came out of her mouth but Draco couldn't hear what it was. She shrugged. He at least understood that. They sat in silence for a while, the music of the club in the background.

"Thanks for listening." She said to him. Draco turned his head to her for moment.

"You were….. Amazing up there." Draco said, then staring off into the club through the crack in the curtains.

There was shift in the cushion of the couch as Ginny has scooted closer to Draco. He turned to look at her. Without thinking his hand reached out and lightly touched one of hers. She slid her fingers in-between his and curled her hand into a fist, pulling his hand into hers. She inclined her head towards his just ever so slightly. Draco took in a shuddering breath and leaned in to her.

Their lips softly met in the dark room. She tasted like champagne and chocolate. A combination that when he tasted it on his tongue, made his heart feel like it was running a mile a minute. Their lips parted, Ginny's warm brown eyes staring into his. His chest felt like it was going to burst. Ginny slowly blinked at him, biting her lip, eyes wondering if she had done wrong. Draco wanted more and he could tell she did too. He lowered his head towards her.

"You sure?" he whispered.

Ginny lifted her head to meet Draco's. He didn't need words. Her lips upon his was answer enough.

~*~*~*~

Author's Note: How about them cliffhangers? LOL. Okay so a LOT of this was taken from Gossip Girl Season 1, Episode 7: Victor Victrola. My favorite episode of the show ever. Or at least from the first season. I'm glad I've received 900+ hits on my story, but 7 reviews? Really? Thanks to those who have reviewed though! I have been working on this chapter for several days now and I've stayed up too late finishing it so I am turning in. I will be working on the next chapter as soon as possible. It's going to be another doozy. I hope everyone who is reading is enjoying the story. Please review and goodnight! :)

-->