Unofficial Portkey Archive

Winning the Heart of An Almost Seven Year Old by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Winning the Heart of An Almost Seven Year Old

frecklegirl87

Chapter 10: Complicated Problems

Three months later, Ginny was lying on the couch in Draco's study, asleep with her right hand over her stomach protectively. She had a secret, but she knew she'd better keep it a secret for a while. Or at least until the need to tell the secret arrived at such an occasion.

Lizzie still hadn't warmed up to Draco, or at least to Ginny's tastes. Ginny now, had moved all her stuff, plus Lizzie's, into Draco's place, or rather mansion. Ginny had adapted to Draco's big household in less than a week and had managed to get lost in it only less than five times.

"Mummy!" a voice shouted.

Ginny then jerked awake. She looked beside her to see Lizzie.

"Lizzie, please don't shout," Ginny said, groggily.

"Ego amo tu," Lizzie said, smiling up at her mother.

{Latin to English: I love you}

Ginny was now wide-awake. That had been the first time that Lizzie had ever said those words to her mother. Or at least when she really meant it and knew what it meant.

"Et mihi quoque," Draco said coming into the room.

{Translated: And me too}

Draco went over to Ginny and sat next to her and took her hand. He knew her mind had to be on a scramble pace right now.

~*~

Ginny was shocked. It was the first time that her daughter had said that to her, and not to mention in another language too. And then with her husband saying the same thing, well almost but what's the difference there?

"Ginny?" a voice said interrupting her thoughts.

Ginny felt Draco's hand squeezing her's as she came back to the planet earth. She looked down to see Lizzie beaming with a smile that could reach the skies if it wanted, looking at her.

"Ego amo tu quoque, Lizzie," Ginny said back, taking Lizzie into her arms and giving her a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

~*~

Lizzie automatically responded to this with reaching her arms around her mother's neck. Lizzie then pulled away from her mother and looked at her father.

Lizzie looked into his eyes and said, "Moi amour vous pater."

{French translation: I love you/ Latin translation: father}

Lizzie then went into Draco's lap, swinging her arms around his neck.

~*~

Draco, surprised by his daughter's actions, put his arms around her and said, "Ego amo tu quoque."

"Do you accept me now?" Draco asked.

Draco had been dreading that little question in his mind, for who knows how long. Probably since the day she met him.

Lizzie looked at him and said, "Ego amo tu pater."

"Ego amo tu quoque, sed could tu loquor in tuum primus language please?" Draco asked.

{Translation: I love you too, but could you speak in your first language please?}

"Draco," Ginny said softly. "That is her first language."

"What? How could it be? Any child would begin to speak the language they hear the most of because they would be around it the most often. You're telling me that my own daughter didn't speak her first word as you and I would know it but as in another language? It doesn't make sense Gin," Draco said.

"I know Draco but that's the way it happened. I used to speak Latin when I would visit one of my ancestors but that was when I was a little girl and I don't know how or where she could have picked up on it," Ginny said.

"But did you speak it while you were pregnant with her?" Draco asked.

"No," Ginny said.

"Gin, that just doesn't make sense then," Draco said.

"I know but I don't know how it happened either," Ginny said.

"Um-hmm!" a voice said.

"Yes Lizzie," Draco said, giving his attention to his daughter.

"Maybe tu should ask mihi that," Lizzie said, speaking part their language and part her language.

(A/N: in case you haven't figured out by now what, tu, and, mihi, mean… tu = you; mihi= me. And if you're wandering why I use more than one language in my story, well… to me, it makes it more interesting. : ^ )

"Ok, Lizzie…. Why is Latin you're first language?" Ginny asked.

"Mummy, isn't it obvious already? I wouldn't expect Daddy to know why right away but I expected my own mother to know why by now," Lizzie said.

"Lizzie," Draco said.

"Sorry," Lizzie said. "Ok… you'll know why when the time is right. And it won't be me telling you why."

With that, Lizzie jumped off from Draco's hold of her, and took off towards her room.