Unofficial Portkey Archive

Winning the Heart of An Almost Seven Year Old by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Winning the Heart of An Almost Seven Year Old

frecklegirl87

Chapter 1: Part 1: Strange Encounter

Year: 2008….

"Come on Ginny! You're going to be late for your interview!" Colin said from the kitchen in the apartment that they shared.

"I'm coming! Geez, Colin! Don't have a heart attack while waiting on me!" Ginny answered from her room.

She was, at the moment trying to decide what to wear.

"Go with the black halter top and the blue skirt." Colin said as he entered her room, seeing about half a dozen clothes on her bed.

"You don't think that's a bit too much for the interview?" Ginny asked.


"Don't worry about it. You'll win the job easily." Colin said as he kissed her forehead.

"Thanks, Colin. But if I don't go now, I'll be late," Ginny said.

That's exactly what I said, Colin thought.

"See you later." Ginny said.

"See you." Colin said as she left.

Time: 3 hours later…

"Ginny Weasley!" a voice yelled out as if above a crowd.

She quickly got up and went to the lady.

She was applying for the job of being a secretary.

"Miss Weasley, I presume?" the lady asked.

"Yes ma'am. I'm here." Ginny answered.

"Hi, I'm Lizzie.You're hired." then Lizzie said, "I'll show you in."

"What? I didn't even get an interview." Ginny said sounding rather shocked.

But Lizzie just simply ignored her and led her into her new office.

It was big, well big for her at least. She had never had an office this big.

Sure she had been a secretary before but usually she got the small, tight, and crowded tiny office.

But this was definitely a step up, a big step up.

"This is your office. Mr. Malfoy is just through that door over there," She said pointing to the door to the far left.

Mr. Malfoy? As in Malfoy? Draco Malfoy? Ginny's mind was rambling with racing questions and she was shocked at the same time!

The lady went to the door that led to Draco's office and knocked gently.

"Come," Ginny heard Draco say.

Lizzie opened the door and said, "I've found you a new secretary. I picked her out like you said to. The one who was dressed not to fancy, but yet to your taste, the one who stood out with a look of beauty…"

"Enough of the babbling, who is it?" Draco asked. "Bring her in."

Ginny stood frozen.

"Come on dear, he won't bite," Lizzie said noticing her frozen state.

Lizzie finally managed to get Ginny to move and to head for the door to Draco's office.

Once Ginny was inside of the office Lizzie said, "Here she is. Miss Weasley."

"Weasley," Draco sneered.

"Malfoy," Ginny sneered back.

"Ok, obviously you two already know each other." Lizzie said noticing the tension between the two.

"You could say that," Draco said, "Old school mates."

"Mates? Yeah, sure Malfoy, just keep thinking that," Ginny said with sarcasm in her voice as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Ok, I won't be so nice about it Weasel. Fine, rivalries would be a better fit don't you think Weasley?" Draco asked noticing how feisty she was.

"Yeah that about covers it," Ginny said back.

For once they were having a conversation, agreeing with each other and not trying to kill each other at the moment.

"Ok, well I'll leave you to it. I'll show her what to do and then I'm out of here for good. Just in case, if I don't see you when I leave Draco, then good-bye," Lizzie said taking

Ginny with her.

She closed the door and said, "Ok, what is with you two? You could cut that tension in there with a knife if you had to. You two were snapping at each other like a pack of hyenas."

"Don't worry about it. We'll be fine. In case you didn't notice we didn't try to kill each other at least." Ginny said, "I'll take care of him."

Lizzie looked at Ginny with precaution, wondering if this was a good idea to pick the number one best looking in the crowd out there in the lobby.

"Alright; have you ever done this before?" Lizzie asked.

"Yes, I have been a secretary before if that's what you mean." Ginny said still a little annoyed with Malfoy at the moment.

"Ok then, I'll show you what to do and then I'm out of here for good." Lizzie said.

Time: 3 hours later…

"WEASLEY!" Draco yelled from his office.

Ginny opened the door and said, "You needed something, Malfoy?"

"Yes, take these files and file them in the cabinet over there." Draco said coldly at Ginny.

Something in his tone sounded like to Ginny, "So I can look you up."

Ginny sneered as she picked them up and went to file them.

"So, do you still have that embarrassing crush on Potter?" Draco asked liking what

trouble he was about to stir up with her.

"His name is Harry and no I do not." Ginny sneered in his direction.

"No need to get touché." Draco said, "So tell me, when did you finally, give up on him? Once you saw him and Granger snogging like crazy?"

Ginny felt her temper rise but tried to retain it and didn't answer him.

"What, no responses from the youngest, little, redhead weasel?" Draco asked.

She turned and glared at him.

"What can't answer that because you're still head over hills for the bastard?" Draco asked.

That's when it happened.

She lost her temper, got right in his face and said, "He'll be far a better person than you'll ever be, Malfoy! It's a wonder how you ended up here in this place."

"That's what you think. I happen to know that Potter never did like you like that. Quite rather sad, don't you think? Littlest weasel aching for Potter when he's all over that pathetic Granger." Draco sneered back.

"You little…" Ginny said but then something happened that she never thought would happen.

"Ginny, dear. You really should consider closing that mouth of yours once in a while. Wait; let me do it for you." Draco said as his lips then covered hers.

He's a good kisser. Ginny thought. I have to give him that much at least.

She's a good kisser, Draco thought, she really does know how to kiss.

Thinking that pretty little redhead- wait a minute, was he calling her pretty? Was he kissing her at the moment? Draco pulled out at the mere thought of disgust to see a very shocked Ginny in front of him.

"Go home. Your hours are from 8 in the morning to 11 in the morning; an hour and thirty minutes for lunch; and then from 1:30 to 6 in the evening. Another hour and a half for dinner or some days you might go get dinner for both of us and then go home in the evening at 8. Any questions?" Draco asked.

"Yes, what just happened before the hour explanation?" Ginny asked.

"Good-night Ginny," Draco said ignoring her last question.

Just looking at his face you could describe it as saying, "Just leave me alone. I want to be alone right now to think."

Ginny, surprised he had actually had the nerve to say her first name instead of Weasley or Weasel, just decided to return the favor, "Good-night Draco."

And then she left.