Unofficial Portkey Archive

Winning the Heart of An Almost Seven Year Old by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Winning the Heart of An Almost Seven Year Old

frecklegirl87

Chapter 11: Confused As A Goose

Ginny and Draco were stumped. They didn't know how or where she began to learn Latin, let alone speak it as her first language. They were clueless when it came to this subject.

"Ginny?" Draco asked.

"Hmm?" Ginny responded.

"When did she start speaking? What age I mean," Draco said.

"A little before she turned two," Ginny answered. "Her first word was in Latin, second in French, third in German, and fourth and fifth in English."

"Wow, I thought she said French earlier. To think, I'd have a daughter that could speak more languages than I ever could. What were the words?" Draco asked.

"I remember that day… She freaked Colin out. She surprised me. I never thought she'd do that. Especially, since I think she enjoyed seeing Colin faint, like he did that day. It was rather funny," Ginny said remembering the past, like it was yesterday.

"But what did she say?" Draco asked again.

"Her first word was Father, in Latin," Ginny said.

"Lizzie never called Colin that did she?" Draco asked.

"No, she only called me that some times. For some strange reason, she'd always say that word three seconds after I would think of you," Ginny said.

"Then how did she ever even know the word?" Draco asked.

"I don't know," Ginny answered.

"That is strange. But I'm glad you still thought of me," Draco said as he smiled and then kissed her forehead. "What was her second word?"

"Mother, in French," Ginny said.

"Seems about right doesn't? Father first, mother second. Father in her first language and mother in her second language," Draco said.

"Yeah I guess. I never thought of it that way," Ginny said.

"What was the other three?" Draco said.

"Oh, she by then had caught on that every time she said a new word and in another language, he'd faint. She thought it was funny. So, her next words were: good morning Colin. Good, in German; morning and Colin in English," Ginny said, chuckling a little bit.

"I should' have seen that," Draco said.

"Yes you should have," Ginny agreed.

Ginny then snuggled against Draco's chest, sighing as she said, "You need to know something."

"What is it?" Draco asked, bringing her closer to him.

Ginny waited a couple of minutes.

"Ginny, what is it?" Draco asked again.

"You'll have another child in the spring," Ginny said slowly.

"I know," Draco said.

"What? How could you know if I hadn't of even told you until just now?" Ginny asked, confused.

"Gin dear…" Draco said looking into her eyes. "Every night or even when you take naps during the day, you always put one hand over your stomach as if you're guarding something in there. I didn't say anything because I didn't want you to get upset."

"Besides, every time you got up those early mornings, I knew you were getting sick," Draco added. "So, I sort of already figured it out."

"Why didn't you say something earlier? So I wouldn't have had to figure out how to tell you about it," Ginny said.

"Sorry Gin," Draco said as he then tilted her head up and kissed her.

Ginny pulled out and said, "Nice save."

"Knew it'd work," Draco said as he grinned.

"What am I going to do with you?" Ginny asked, with a sly grin on her face.

"Oh, I don't know. How about you kiss me again?" Draco asked with the same grin on his face, as he looked into the eyes of his wife.

Ginny then kissed him back.

They stayed like this for a while. Draco, putting his hand on her stomach while Ginny's arms went around his neck.