Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Prequel: Stormy Eyes of the Unbeaten Path by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Prequel: Stormy Eyes of the Unbeaten Path

frecklegirl87

Chapter One: Beginning Of All Beginnings, Or well, Maybe Not

We were in Diagon Alley shopping for robes and our school books when we came into the face of Draco Malfoy, drop dead on the ground. Well, not exactly drop dead, but he was lying on the ground unconscious. Mum, being the person she was, immediately went to his side. She didn't care who saw her kneel down towards Malfoy. All she cared about was his health. Well, not exactly his health personally but it didn't matter. A person on the ground unconscious was just another accident waiting to happen, so she thought anyways.

"Mum, what on earth are you doing?" Ron asked. "Just leave that bag of dirt there!"

"Ronald Weasley! How dare you speak like that? He may be your enemy but he's still just a boy who's on this ground as we speak, unconscious. Charlie, pick him up and take him to the Burrow. If any of you children say anything about this to your father, then you'll mysteriously disappear for a week without food. Just a warning," Molly Weasley said.

"Yes ma'am," Charlie said, as he did what his mother said.

I was shocked. I never thought Mum would take somebody into the Burrow. And to think, this was no ordinary somebody. This was Draco Malfoy. Draco Malfoy, who was the son of our family's worst enemy. What had come over her?

Once Charlie had set him down on the bed, in the room next to mine, I started to examine him. He looked ok from a distance but then when I stepped closer I noticed he had ugly and disgusting bruises all over his chest area.
Mum had taken off his shirt and cloak to heal his wounds.

Suddenly then, I began to feel something for the disgusting hateful enemy of mine. I didn't know what it was but whatever it was, I didn't expect it. Nor did I think it was ever possible.

I had the urge to reach out and touch his sleeked back blonde slick hair as Mum healed his wounds. I don't know why, but I just did. So, I reached out and moved a strand of hair out of his face.

Mum saw the look on my face, unfortunately.

"I didn't know you cared for him," Mum said, suddenly, scaring me half out of my wits.

"I don't," I said, although almost taking that back and deciding to change my mind full well.

"Don't lie dear," Mum said. "I can tell by the look on your face that you do care for him. So, I'll leave him in your care for now. Of course, I'll check in on him once in a while."

I was defeated. I didn't think she could see straight though that last lie I had told.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, deciding to play out on my little lie I had told earlier.

She simply just walked out of the room, shutting the door behind her, with a smile as she went.

I then, as before when I wanted to touch his hair, began to stroke my fingers though his hair. I had heard, that doing that was very therapeutic.

He then did something that I didn't expect him to do.

Draco moved. He suddenly, reached up and grabbed my hand and put my hand near his cheek and said, "Mum, would you stay with me for a while? Lay next to me, like you did when Father went on those trips away from the Manor?"

Draco, was still asleep as I could tell. His eyes were shut tight. But yet he still managed to talk to me as if I were his mother. So, I just tried to disguise my voice and pretend to be Narcissa, his mother, and answer his question.

"Yes darling I will. You just sleep tight, sweetie," I said, pretending to be his mother while he still had my hand against his cheek.

I then, although I never in a million years expected this to happen, got up from the chair next to the bed and lay next to him. I then cuddled him against my chest as he slept peacefully. And quietly may I add.

"Yes Mummy," Draco said back.

Maybe he was delirious. He still called his mother, Mummy? How funny.

I then felt his forehead. He moved at my touch, but yet instead of moving away, he came closer, hugging my body at the same time also. I then pulled my hand away from his forehead. He was burning up. Draco had the highest fever I had ever thought was even not imaginable.

"Draco, are you feeling alright?" I asked as I tried to pull away.

Instead of him letting go, he came closer to me. Oh, this was not good. Not good at all.

"Mummy, don't go away! You promised me you'd never leave me!" Draco said, obviously because of the high fever.

Oh dear, a promise that his mother had made, I thought. What was I to do now? I had to exit the room some how or at least get out of his hands' reach.

I gently then began to pull away.

This didn't work… so I tried what other way I knew, I apparated to the chair. Even though I really wasn't supposed to apparate until after I had graduated from Hogwarts or turned 17, I had learned to apparate with the extra advantage of knowing how to keep the Ministry from knowing this information. And yet, I was only 16 at the time.

Like Draco, I was pretty clever. Well, almost like Draco, except I didn't have a fever and was delirious at the moment.

Before he opened his eyes, I cast a sleeping spell on him. He didn't need to know where he was at, at the moment, I had decided. It wasn't everyday that you suddenly found yourself in the arms of Draco Malfoy, and especially with the fact that he was delirious and with a fever to boot.

This was not how I pictured the ending of my summer to be: Draco unconscious in the alley. Mum taking Draco into the Burrow and nursing him back to health. Then Draco, being extremely delirious. No, this was definitely not what I had planned on, not at all.