Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Prequel: Stormy Eyes of the Unbeaten Path by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Prequel: Stormy Eyes of the Unbeaten Path

frecklegirl87

Chapter 8: Darkness Prevails Over All

Ginny woke up the next room with a tear damp pillow next to her cheek. She tried not to think about the night before, but somehow one way or another he came back into her mind. And then a whole another spring field of tears would gently flow down her face as if it had permanently found a stream to follow.

Draco, had somehow also managed the same, except somehow he managed to get back to his own bed. Even though, he would have liked to be right next to Ginny, but then again, after last night, he knew that he had officially had just made the biggest mistake of his life, if not the worst.

Ginny got up from her bed and stretched, head to toe, literally. She was ready for the day, well almost. Just a little bit of grooming to do and then she'd be ready. Washed her face quickly, put her make-up on, brushed her teeth, and then set out towards her closet.

Later that day in the corridors, they barely even made a simple glance toward the other. Both knew that they were hurt; no doubt their hearts were to break, if not already done so.

Nobody really noticed anything, except that maybe that they were just not themselves for the day; nobody, except them.

Over the next couple of weeks, nothing had progressed between them but sorrow and bitter sweet hearted souls. They were numb almost.

"Ginny?" a voice said, as Ginny was apparently staring straight ahead towards Draco, who was sitting at the Slytherin table.

Why couldn't he just talk to them? Ginny thought. I'd have been right there with him.

"Ginny?" another voice interrupted her thoughts.

Ginny turned her head towards the nearest voice, which had spoken just only seconds ago.

"What is it Hermione?" Ginny asked, sighing also at the same time.

"Ginny, are you alright? You've been sleeping in until 10 in the mornings for the past two weeks, you've been dragging your feet everywhere you go lately, you're always in that room of yours," Hermione said, as she listed off what had been apparently wrong with Ginny over the past few days.

"I'm fine Hermione," Ginny said.

Can she just leave me the bloody hell alone for once? Ginny thought, agitated.

"Ginny, please talk to us. What's wrong?" Harry asked.

"Harry, if I want to tell you what's wrong with me, then I'll go see a physiatrist first if that's ok with you," Ginny said, sarcastically.

Seriously, what's wrong with these two? Can they not see that I just want to be left alone? Ginny thought, helplessly.

"Gin, please," Ron said. "Please just come with me?"

She almost took up on his offer. But something that she saw in Ron's eyes, were just unbearable. And yet, it was soothing. But still, she declined.

But then, she looked up towards her brother and said, "No thanks Ron. Thanks for the offer though."

"Please Gin? Please come with me and talk?" Ron asked again.

Ginny got up and started to walk out of the Great Hall.

"Ginny!" Ron called after her and even ended up following her out into the corridor.

"Ginny, stop please," Ron said, catching up with her.

Ginny stopped and let him catch up to her.

"Please Gin, let's go talk," Ron said.

"Not now, Ron," Ginny said. "I just can't right now, ok?"

Ron looked into her eyes, hoping to find hope maybe and maybe a little faith. But yet, her eyes looked blank. Literally, blank.

"Ok," Ron said, as the then pulled her into his arms and hugged her tight.

She responded back with a hug of her own towards him.

"Thank-you Ron," Ginny said.

"Anything for you Sis," Ron said. "You know I'd do anything for you if you ever needed it."

"I should take you up on that sometime," Ginny said.

"I wish you would once in a while," Ron said.

"See you later then," Ginny said.

"Yeah, ok see you later then," Ron said, as he then turned away from Ginny and began to walk away.

"Ron, keep Hermione and Harry away from me for a while. Especially Hermione," Ginny called out to Ron, who was only about 3 feet away from her.

"Sure," Ron said and then kept walking.

They then went their separate ways. Darkness had suddenly come over them, both Ginny and Draco. Both, Ginny and Draco had cried their way to their dreams of slumber that night.