Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Prequel: Stormy Eyes of the Unbeaten Path by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Prequel: Stormy Eyes of the Unbeaten Path

frecklegirl87

Chapter 4: Quest for Knowledge

Ginny continued to stare at his face as Draco just sat there in silence as she waited for an answer.

"Well?" Ginny said, interrupting the silence between them.

"Well, what?" Draco said, hastily.

"How did you end up unconscious? Or better yet, unconscious and in the alleyway?" Ginny asked.

"I don't have to tell you," Draco smirked at Ginny.

Ginny rolled her eyes as she got up from the side of the bed.

"Where are you going?" Draco asked, as he saw Ginny start to leave.

Ginny did nothing in response to his voice as she opened the door to Sarah's room.

If he won't tell me how he ended up unconscious then I won't speak to him. Or at least for a while anyway. Ginny thought as she closed the door behind her.

What is she doing? Does she think she's gonna ignore me? I should think not. Nobody ignores a Malfoy and gets away with it! Draco thought as he laid his head back down on the pillow.

Draco then got up and looked around the room.

Snooping never hurt, as long as they didn't know he was snooping. Draco's mind thought as he went about as if on a scavenger hunt.

Draco came across a desk. A desk, that looked to may be, that looked to be a century old at least.

Draco touched the desk and instantly received a vision.

~*~

"Arthur! She's not getting any better! What are we going to do?" Draco heard Mrs. Weasley say in the vision.

Over to the left, Draco saw Mrs. Weasley sitting down at the desk with a baby girl in her arms and a baby boy over to her left in a crib.

Both babies were crying at the moment. Draco felt like his head was going to explode with all of this crying he heard.

Would it ever stop? Draco thought.

"Molly, of course they're getting better. Don't give up. So, she does have a fever. All children do at some point of their lives. Sarah will get better, I promise. Don't worry," Arthur said, picking Charlie, the baby up.

"But Arthur, take a feel of her head," Molly said. "Feel her head and then say to me straight in the eyes that she will be ok."

Arthur came over to her and took Sarah out of her arms. Sarah stopped crying but only for a moment. Right after Arthur took his hand off of her forehead, she blared her little voice as high pitch scream that she could get.

"Arthur!" Molly argued as she got up and tried to take Sarah from his arms.

"Molly, relax," Arthur said, moving his arms out of her reach. "I've come up with a little solution, or rather I hope it is."

"Well, what is it?" Molly asked.

"Well, if you'd follow me over here then I'll show you," Arthur said, as he went over to the full bed size, laid Sarah on the bed and covered her up with a special blanket.

Over the next few seconds, Sarah's high pitch screams died down.

Molly felt her head and then looked at Arthur.

"Arthur, what did you do? She's no longer screaming and her fever is completely gone," Molly said, looking into his eyes.

"This, Molly," Arthur said, pointing to the blanket that covered Sarah, "Is a blanket that I've charmed to cure anything, or at least when it comes to fevers and all that stuff. It won't cure diseases but at least it'll get rid of a cold or a fever."

A few moments passed before Arthur added, "It's something at least."

Before he knew it, Molly was in his arms crying.

"Molly, what on earth!" Arthur said. "Why are you crying?"

"Oh, Arthur," Molly said, looking up at her husband, "I love you. You just made a dream come true. It may not be enough to cure her forever but at least she's not in pain anymore."

Molly then held onto Arthur as she calmed down from her tears.

~*~

Draco then came out of the vision.

Wow, so that's what cured me, Draco thought.

Draco hadn't said anything about how or why he ended up in an alleyway unconscious and all alone. But the truth was, he wasn't ready to tell why he ended up in the alleyway unconscious.