Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Prequel: Stormy Eyes of the Unbeaten Path by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Prequel: Stormy Eyes of the Unbeaten Path

frecklegirl87

Chapter Three: Ferret-Boy Back to Normal

As if I could take anything else at the moment, besides the fact that I had just learned of two things, well actually three, one, being Charlie having a twin sister, two, knowing what this room was for now, and three, seeing Draco with the same conditions at the moment; Draco had decided to come out of his fever and start to talk to me.

"Ginny?" Draco said.

I turned to him to see him moving a bit under the blanket. Apparently, what ever kind of blanket that was, it healed Draco's fever quick.

I went over to him and looked into his eyes.

"What am I doing here?" Draco asked.

"We found you unconscious in an alleyway. Mum had Charlie take you up to the room beside my room. Then I stayed with you for a while," I said, thinking that I should skip the part about him being delirious and then continued. "You were burning up so Charlie then brought you in here to the cooling room. Did you just wake up? How much did you hear?"

"All about your sister that you had no clue about," Draco answered. "I could see the tears in your eyes as you looked at the picture while your brother was telling you about her."

Something about his tone of voice and the way he was speaking towards me was just plain weird and different. He had hardly ever been nice to me before, or at least like this.

"Don't look shocked that I can be nice," Draco said, reading my face clearly.

"I wasn't," I lied.

"Yeah, sure whatever," Draco said, sitting up. "Come here."

This was just too weird. I then reached over and put my forearm on his forehead.

"I'm not delirious like before," Draco said. "Although, yes I remember exactly what happened before you called your Mum upstairs."

I looked at him. How could he know all of this, if I had cast a sleeping spell on him?

"But then how did you wake up now? If I had cast a sleeping spell on you then you shouldn't even be awake now," I said, slightly confused.

"You seem to forget that I am immune to just simple spells," Draco said. "And stop feeling my forehead. I don't have a fever anymore as you can see."

I removed my forearm from his forehead.

"When can I go home?" Draco asked.

"Not until I think you're well enough to go," Mum said to Draco, coming out of Charlie's arms. "I'll notify your mother of your where you're at."

Draco then fell back onto the pillow with a grunt.

"When can I leave?" Draco asked.

Mum didn't answer but yet she just smiled and said, "Come Charlie, let's leave these two alone."

"Yes Mum," Charlie responded.

They both then exited the room, leaving me alone with Malfoy a.k.a. ferret boy.

"Great, I'm stuck with you now Weasel," Draco said.

"Well, it's not as if I had a choice in this whole matter either, ferret boy!" I responded back angrily.

"Well, I certainly didn't," Draco said.

"Well how did you end up unconscious then? Cause really that's how you ended up here," I said.

He looked at me and didn't answer right away, as if he was trying to remember what happened exactly.