Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Prequel: Stormy Eyes of the Unbeaten Path by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Prequel: Stormy Eyes of the Unbeaten Path

frecklegirl87

Chapter Two: Unknown Twin Sibling

His temperature had to be over a hundred at least. There was no telling. All I knew was he was burning up and fast at that.

"Mum!" I yelled. "Come quick!"

Before I knew it, Mum was rushing at her feet just to come to me.

"What is it dear?" Mum asked, almost out of breath.

"Mum, he's burning up. We've got to do something for him," I said.

Mum went over to him and felt his forehead.

"Good land of Tilden! He certainly is indeed," Mum said. "Quick go get your brother Charlie."

"Yes Mum," I said as I went for my 2nd oldest brother.

In the next few minutes I came back with Charlie right behind me.

"What is it Mum?" Charlie asked.

"Quick, take him and take him down to the cooling room," Mum said, orderly.

"Cooling room?" I asked.

"Oh that's right, you've never heard of the cooling room," Mum said. "Well dear, only your father, me and obviously your brother here, knows about the cooling room. You see, I was quite used to this when Charlie was a child. It seemed like he lived in that room most of his early childhood."

By now, we were already in the cooling room. I looked around. It looked like any other ordinary room, except it had a name on the wall that I didn't recognize.

Sarah LeAnn Weasley, daughter of Arthur and Molly Weasley, sister to Charlie Austin Weasley and Bill Weasley. The caption read under her picture. It was only a picture of her as a baby but suddenly those eyes came at me. She had the face of Charlie but yet something shook me odd about her.

"Mum, whose this?" I asked.

She looked at me and then the picture. Her face froze.

"Mum, maybe it's time you should explain to my baby sister about my twin sister," Charlie said, as he began to put Draco on the bed with some kind of blanket over him as he slept.

Twin sister? I thought. What happened to her?

"What?" I asked.

Mum didn't say anything about her for another few minutes.

"Ok, Mum I'll tell her," Charlie said.

Mum's face then went white, almost as if her eyes were threatening to spill tears at any moment.

"No I will," Mum sobbed gently. "Just give me a minute. It's not everyday that you find yourself explaining the death of your first daughter."

Mum then started to cry. Charlie immediately, went over to Mum and pulled her into his arms and let her cry while he then spoke to me.

"Ginny, Sarah was my twin sister. We, Sarah and I, were born with some disease. Or well, I don't have it anymore but Sarah didn't last. This is what this room was for. We constantly had fevers. This was our room, her room actually. She was three when she died. She was just getting well when she started to go downhill again. Why do you think Mum has always attached herself to you especially when you were sick? She was always afraid of losing you too. Of course, nobody not even Percy ever talked about her. Or well, Percy hardly knew of her. But Bill and I did. She looked like you in a way but then again, she was my twin," Charlie said, getting teary eyed too, just thinking about his only other sister he had ever known.

Charlie had a twin sister? Apparently, I hadn't always known just about everything. If I did then I would have known about her. Why didn't I know about her?