Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Prequel: Stormy Eyes of the Unbeaten Path by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Prequel: Stormy Eyes of the Unbeaten Path

frecklegirl87

Chapter 7: Decision Not Supported

Ginny and Draco went on through out the next couple of months as a couple, but yet they hadn't made it official yet. They kept up with their appearances towards each other out in public like they had always done but yet then in secret, they would meet in study that connected her room to his. They'd come together as if all of their snide comments to each other in the corridors meant nothing.

They were sitting on the couch, or rather Draco was sitting on the couch and Ginny was on Draco's lap. They were giving each other little kisses, just enough to keep the other one sane.

"Draco?" Ginny said, between a small kiss.

"Hmm?" Draco replied.

"Shouldn't we make it official?" Ginny asked.

Draco pulled out of their little make out secession and looked her in the eyes.

"What do you mean by official?" Draco asked.

"You know what I mean," Ginny said.

Draco held on to her tighter as he then spoke, "Refresh my memory will you?"

Ginny smirked as she then said, "Sure but I want something in return."

"You've become too evil you know," Draco said, as he smirked back.

"Me? Evil? No, perhaps not," Ginny said, innocently.

"Yeah, well what was it you were supposed to refresh my memory about?" Draco asked, bringing the subject back up.

"Let's make it official. I'm tired of having a relationship that's constantly being kept secret," Ginny said.

"No," Draco said simply then held his grip on her a little easier.

"Why?" Ginny asked, getting off of his lap.

Oh, that couldn't have been good, Draco thought, as he saw Ginny stand up.

"Two words: your brothers," Draco said in response as he then stood also, but yet right next to Ginny, so she couldn't go far.

"So, you're going to let them ruin us?" Ginny asked, getting a little annoyed.

"They can't ruin us if they don't know about us," Draco said.

"They also can't get used to the idea if they never know in the first place," Ginny said. "It'd also make me feel better if they knew."

"I thought you said, that they didn't expect anything yet," Draco said.

"How would they expect anything if they don't see it?" Ginny asked.

At the moment, there was a storm brewing. You just knew who was going to win this argument, most likely, the storm probably. Draco and Ginny would probably get tired of arguing and then the storm would win in the end.

Why can't he just agree with me and go on? Ginny thought aggravated at the moment.

I really don't want to end up beaten to a bloody pulp by her brothers anytime soon, Draco thought.

"Look Gin," Draco said softly as he sighed.

"Don't look Gin, me Draco," Ginny said. "I'm tired of this and you know as well, that I wouldn't bring it up if I didn't think it was important and you sure as hell know that I don't put up with much. And if you think that all I'm asking is just too much then maybe there shouldn't be a `us'."

Don't tell me she just said that, Draco thought.

Don't tell me I just said that, Ginny thought but yet didn't give it away through her face.

"Gin, if you would just let me finish what I was saying, then maybe there might still be an `us'," Draco said.

"Then go right ahead and finish it by all means," Ginny said, quite rather mad.

"You know as well I do, I would but there's only 6 other people that are stopping us. And that's not including our parents," Draco said.

"Ginny, I love you. I really do. But I'm not ready to face your brothers. Especially when most of them hate and loathe me," Draco continued.

"Fine. I'll go date some real man, who wouldn't be such a scardy cat every time he has to face my brothers," Ginny said, as she then backed away from him.

But before she touched the secret entrance for her room she came back up to Draco's face. Reached up towards him and kissed him sweetly.

The kiss lasted for about a minute tops.

Ginny pulled out and then said, "Let that be a reminder of what you could have had if only you weren't afraid to face those who you had to face. This will also be the last kiss you receive from these lips in a very long time."

Ginny then swiftly kissed his lips once again and then left him standing there by himself, all alone in the study that they had only, just only fifteen minutes ago, been happy as ever and kissing each other to the other's delight.

Ginny closed the door to her end of the secret corridor between her room and the study that led to his, and locked it shut.

It was only about 9 o-clock at night at the time. Ginny then without warning burst into tears.

"Why wouldn't he just face them?" Ginny ranted aloud, as tears streamed down her face at a pretty good rate.

"I wouldn't let them beat him up. I'd beat them up if they tried," Ginny said, just almost trying to find something to let her mind believe.

Ginny somehow managed to make her way towards her bed. She had a canopy bed, with lace and ruffles, the whole nine yards. It was a soft pink color mixed with a little bit of blue here and there.

Before her head hit the pillow, more tears came rolling down her cheek as fast as imaginable.

The only thing she didn't know was that Draco was sitting right outside her door, in their secret corridor, listening to her rambles and crying into the night. He as well, began to shed a tear or two. Both of them, knowing that what was once there, was no longer there and already out into the next galaxy.