Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Prequel: Stormy Eyes of the Unbeaten Path by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Prequel: Stormy Eyes of the Unbeaten Path

frecklegirl87

Chapter Six: Unbeaten Path Found

Ginny went down the corridor as she looked about her way. She watched the portraits move about while she walked. She was hungry at the moment. She led her way towards the kitchens. Fred and George were the ones who first introduced her to the kitchens, or at least they showed her the way. She opened the door and was immediately was greeted with Dobby.

"Hullo Dobby," Ginny said gently.

"Hullo Miss Virginia," Dobby said. "What can Dobby do you for you miss?"

"Call me Ginny please," Ginny said.

"Ok Miss Ginny," Dobby said. "What can I get for you?"

"Some pieces of bacon sounds really good," Ginny said.

"I'll have it right up to you in about two or three minutes," Dobby said. "Would you care to sit down while you wait?"

.

"Not at all," Ginny said. "Lead the way."

Dobby led her to a seat. Although, she wasn't really pleased with who was sitting on the opposite side of the table with her.

"Thank-you Dobby," Ginny said.

Then Dobby was off.

"What are you doing here Malfoy?" Ginny snarled.

Draco looked up and then said, "Don't you think it'd be nice if we didn't jump at each other's throats once in a while? If I'm willing to be nice to you then couldn't you return the decency to do the same?"

Ginny looks shocked. What had he said to make her shocked? Draco thought.

Ginny was shocked. Draco had never really ever been nice to her before. Or at least in this tone of voice.

"Ok," Ginny said, in a nice tone. "This is a sudden change of pace. A little weird too."

"Why? Just because we're actually being civil to each other for once?" Draco asked.

"Yes, I'm just not used to it," Ginny said.

"I see," Draco said as he sipped his tea.

"I never thought of you as a tea drinker," Ginny said. "What kind is it?"

"You'd know if I was if you actually knew me," Draco said. "Besides, I never used to be until after I stayed with you and your family this summer. Your mum fed me enough of it that I actually like it now."

"Well, it's good to know some things change," Ginny said slyly.

"Ginny," Draco said. "Couldn't you at least try to not say something as lowly sly as that?"

"I'll try," Ginny said. "Can I ask you something?"

"Depends on what it is," Draco said.

"This summer, out by the lake.." Ginny said.

"Ginny, don't go there please," Draco said.

"Why? Afraid to admit something?" Ginny said.

Now she was getting on his nerves. He really didn't want to explain that kiss that almost led to possibly more.

"Draco?" Ginny said, softly realizing that maybe he just couldn't answer what she wanted at the moment.

"You really want to know how I ended up in the alleyway?" Draco sneered.

"It'd be nice to know, yes," Ginny said.

Ginny looked down and saw that Dobby had just given her, her pieces of bacon she had asked for.

"Is that all Miss Ginny?" Dobby asked.

"I'll also have whatever kind of tea he's having, also," Ginny said. "With a little sugar too."

"One cup of blackberry tea coming up," Dobby said and then was gone.

"You're drinking blackberry tea?" Ginny asked.

"Your mum did happen to mention that it was your favorite," Draco said.

"So, you were about to say?" Ginny said, sipping her tea lightly, which Dobby had brought only four seconds later.

"Yes, about how I ended up in the alleyway," Draco said.

Ginny nodded as Draco began.

Ginny listened as Draco told her of what happened in the alleyway.

"So, your father just left you there?" Ginny asked, as Dobby took her plate away but refilled her tea.

"Like I said, he reacted to me telling him that I wasn't going to become a Death Eater like him. So he decided to knock me out," Draco said.

Draco became silent after he said that to Ginny. He hadn't ever opened up to anyone before. He didn't know particularly why he did towards Ginny, but he just did.

Ginny reached out and touched his hand on the table to give her support towards him. But as soon as she did, she was hit by a vision. She gasped as it hit her.

"Ginny!" Draco said. "What do you see?"

Ginny couldn't reply back as the vision began to occur.

~*~

I looked down at the pair of hands around me and then I could feel a tear streaming down my face as I turned around and saw Draco.

I immediately backed out of his arms with nonstop questions racing through my mind.

"Draco? How? How did you find me? I never answered your owls," I said trying to find an answer to how he could've found me.

"How else Ginny? Your brother told me. I'm rather glad he did too," Draco answered back.

I looked at Ron with a hard, cold piercing glare.

"Ron, how could you? You promised and you just broke that promise," I said.

"No, Gin. I didn't. I promised I wouldn't tell anyone in the family, and Draco, last time I checked, isn't family. Not biologically or legally; or at least not until you two's baby is born," Ron said.

~

"Why Ginny? Why didn't you tell me you were carrying my child?" Draco asked calmly.

~*~

Baby? Her and Draco were going to have a baby together in the future? Ginny thought.

Ginny was shocked.

"Ginny," Draco repeated. "What did you see?"

Draco now shook her just a little bit for her to focus.

Ginny came back into focus.

"I saw us. I saw Ron. I don't know where we were but apparently hidden. I was standing in a kitchen it looked like. Then you came up behind me, putting your hands on my stomach. I was…" Ginny said, but couldn't seem to finish.

"You were what Gin?" Draco asked.

"I'm afraid to say," Ginny said.

"Why?" Draco asked.

"Because it involves us being together in the future," Ginny said.

"You shouldn't be afraid to tell me," Draco said.

"Promise you won't overreact?" Ginny asked.

"I promise," Draco said.

"I was pregnant, or rather I will be," Ginny said, solemnly.

"What?" Draco said, as he choked on his tea.

"I'll be carrying your child in the future," Ginny said, now just a tad bit scared of what Draco would say.

A few moments passed and yet Draco had said nothing.

"Draco? Please say something," Ginny said.

Draco got up and stood beside Ginny, took her hand in his, raised her up towards him, and kissed her gently.

Ginny was expecting Draco to say something not do something.

But yet she surprisingly enough to herself, responded back to Draco's kiss by returning it.

Draco pulled out only minutes after Ginny responded to his kiss.

"Ginny," Draco said softly. "After what I just saw through the vision you just somehow transported over to me while we kissed, I know that we may have a rocky future ahead of us and maybe not but no matter what, we'll be in it together."

"Draco, I'm scared," Ginny said.

"I know. So am I," Draco said.

"Stay with me please?" Ginny asked. "Just for tonight?"

"Ok," Draco said, took her hand and then led her out of the kitchens and back to the Gryffindor Common Room.

Ginny then led him down a little further towards the painting that led to her room. She said the password and then they entered.

"You have your own room?" Draco asked, as they entered.

"I have had my own room since after my first year when the chamber thing happened," Ginny said. "I couldn't take anymore of the questions I got from the other girls so Professor Dumbledore gave me this room. I'm guessing that you have your own too, being Head Boy and all."

"Yes I'm guessing you know who the Head Girl is," Draco said.

"Yes," Ginny said. "Hermione."

"Come here," Draco said, as he was now comfortably lying on her bed.

Ginny went to him and snuggled into his arms.

"You're safe now," Draco whispered as he then kissed her cheek and then finally her lips.

Ginny then fell asleep in his arms as he held her as he himself fell asleep.