Unofficial Portkey Archive

Pure Golden Heart by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Pure Golden Heart

frecklegirl87

Chapter 10: Wedding Preparations

"I love you," Ginny said to her new son that was only 6 weeks old.

Andrew cooed at Ginny's words as she held him in her arms and swayed back and forth slowly. Andrew's little blue eyes were looking up at Ginny's face. Andrew was born with blonde hair with blue eyes to match. He still took pride in waking Ginny up at certain hours of the night.

Draco stood by the doorway, carefully taking an extra measure to not be seen by Ginny just yet. Ginny was playing peek-a-boo with Andrew at the moment. Andrew giggled as Ginny played the game.

Draco reached into his pocket just to make sure what was secretly planted there, was still there. He looked to see Ginny putting Andrew down for a nap in his crib.

Before Ginny could turn around to head out of the room, Draco had reached behind her and grabbed a hold of her and apparated away.

Draco didn't apparate them far away from the baby but actually just by the lake outside near their room.

"Draco!" Ginny said, as she held onto Draco as he spun her around.

As soon as Draco had stopped spinning her around and set her feet on the ground he kissed her with all of what he was capable of.

Ginny's head was spinning. Draco hadn't done this since, since….since she didn't know how long ago. Whatever the reason was, she liked it, but the curiosity in her got the better of her.

"Draco?" Ginny asked, coming out of the kiss. "What are you doing?"

Draco then got on one knee, took her hand in his, and then said, "Ginny Weasley, will you marry me?"

He then held out the ring for her to see.

Ginny then knew why Draco was being more persuasive with his tongue.

Ginny then took the ring and put it on her finger, and then tackled Draco to the ground as she screamed, "Yes!"

"Ump!" Draco said as Ginny took him to the ground, or rather into the lake.

They were soaking wet. Before Draco had a chance to try to get out of the water, Ginny had suddenly come at him and started kissing him underwater.

This is quite interesting, Draco thought. Wonder what it'd be like to make love to her underwater. Nah, a bed would be much more comfortable.

"When are we getting married?" Ginny asked, bringing her and Draco back up from underneath the water.

"Whenever you want Gin," Draco said. "Let's go upstairs and take a shower."

"Beat you there!" Ginny said as she then apparated away and into her bathroom.

She turned the shower on and began to strip the wet clothes off of her. She put the towels on the rack next to the shower and then stepped in.

"Sorry my dear, but I'm afraid I beat you. Not the other way around," Draco said, and still fully clothed.

"You, Draco, are still dressed," Ginny said. "Like me to solve that problem? You are after all in a shower. As you can see, I have nothing. You need nothing also."

"I think that can be arranged," Draco said. "Care to help me?"

"Oh I believe I can do that," Ginny said as she then went closer to him, started kissing him, and also moving her hands around the area of his shirt.

She then pulled it up, broke the kiss long enough to take the shirt off of his head, and then resumed the kiss while his hands also roamed about on her body.

Slowly, one piece by piece, Ginny had managed to have Draco just the way she liked him. And that was, she thought, was the best way.

"Draco, you just better hope that I'm not pregnant," Ginny said, a couple hours later after their wonderful `shower'.

"I thought you wanted more children," Draco said, coaxing her while she was in his arms by the fireplace on the couch.

"I do Draco," Ginny said. "But good-grief, I don't plan to be pregnant again when Andrew is only 6 weeks old. I can't handle that. Could you imagine midnight feedings for Andrew and wild cravings for me in a couple months if I was?"

"Quite honestly," Draco said. "No, I don't. I'm sorry. We'll be careful for a while."

"A while?" Ginny said. "Honestly, I don't know what to do with you sometimes."

"Well, you could make time by doing giving me some attention," Draco suggested.

"Oh you think?" Ginny asked playfully.

"Come here you," Draco said, as he cupped her cheek in the palm of his hand.

"Come and get me," Ginny said as she leaned forward to meet Draco's lips.

Their lips touched and locked. There was no breaking them apart now. Their tongues danced to an old rhythm but yet it was if new.

They stayed like this for a couple of hours, or at least until Andrew decided to demand attention from Ginny and demand to be fed.

Ginny then apparated away from Draco's lips to Andrew's nursery.

From downstairs, she heard Draco's grunt because she had apparated away and during one of their kisses. She laughed a little and then picked up Andrew and sat down in her chair and began to feed him.

~*~

A week later…

"Ron?" Ginny called out, as she stuck her head out of the fireplace. She had just arrived at Ron's flat.

"In the kitchen!" Ginny heard Ron say.

Ginny went to the kitchen.

"Hey Gin," Ron said as he noticed Ginny with Andrew in her arms. "How's he doing?"

"Good," Ginny said. "He still likes to get me up at weird hours of the night but other than that, he's pretty good. He doesn't cry that much."

"May I hold him?" Ron asked.

"Sure," Ginny said as she then went closer to Ron and let him take Andrew out of her arms.

"What are you making?" Ginny asked as she noticed pots and pans out on the kitchen counter.

She sat on the barstool while she watched Ron with her son.

"Oh that," Ron said. "I'm trying to put together Mum's ole' recipe for Dad's favorite stew."

Ginny's eyes watered a little bit at Ron mentioning their father's name.

"Oh Ginny, I didn't mean to make you start crying," Ron said. "Goodness knows you've taken Dad's death the hardest. I'm sorry."

"No, don't be," Ginny said, taking her finger and wiping the tear away from her face. "I'm the one who shouldn't still be crying over his death. It was over a month ago."

Ginny couldn't go on any further without bursting into tears.

"Look at me," Ginny said, shoving her grief aside. "I'm starting to cry when I came over here originally to tell you good news."

"What's that Gin?" Ron asked.

Ginny held out her hand for Ron to see and said, "We're getting married in 2 weeks."

"Doesn't give you much planning time does it?" Ron asked.

"No, but I believe if Mum could raise all seven of us in one household in who knows how many years," Ginny said. "Then I believe I can plan a wedding in two weeks."

"Careful Ginny," Ron said. "Don't overdue it. It's only been what seven weeks since Andrew was born?"

"Yeah it was," Ginny said as she looked at her son in Ron's arms.

Andrew was fast asleep also.

"How do you do that?" Ginny asked.

"Do what Gin?" Ron asked as he kept swaying a little bit, but gently.

"That," Ginny pointed out to Andrew in his arms already asleep. "We've been here barely even five minutes and you've already managed to put him to sleep. It takes me about ten to twenty minutes at times and at others an hour tops."

"Oh Ginny," Ron said. "Don't sweat it. Just be glad he's asleep and not some baby that cries a lot."

"You're right," Ginny said.

"Of course I'm right," Ron said.

"Oh hush!" Ginny said. "Now, where's the recipe? I'll get this going for you while you keep him occupied."

"Yes ma'am," Ron said.

~*~

About a week later, Ginny was sitting in her living room with Andrew in her arms. He was currently asleep in her arms. She couldn't believe she was going to have the twins, Fred and George, watch Andrew tonight when she and Draco went over to the Burrow to plan the wedding out in the gardens. That was where Ginny had wanted the wedding. It was her favorite spot around the land that the Weasley's had. It was so pretty. There was a lake that was surrounded with trees. She loved it because it was beautiful.

"Ginny?" a voice rang out, who Ginny recognized as Fred's.

"In here!" Ginny said.

Fred came in with George not to far behind him.

"Ah, there's the little squirt," George said, taking him out of Ginny's arms and boosting him up into the air, making him smile at his uncle.

"Easy George," Ginny warned. "He's just had his lunch."

"Yeah George, watch out," Fred teased.

"Oh don't worry Ginny, we'll take him to our place and we'll have a grand o' time!" George said, with Andrew next to his chest.

Andrew was falling asleep in his arms. It was a cute sight to see, Ginny thought. If only she could get him to go to sleep that fast.

"I still can't believe I'm letting you two take care of him tonight," Ginny said.

"I know Gin," Fred said. "I can't believe you did either. But then again, Percy couldn't. If Mum were alive she wouldn't allow you to do that, bless her soul. Ron can't, since he's working tonight, Bill can't since they're so far away. And Charlie can't since… well I don't know why he can't. We're the only two that could help you."

"I know," Ginny said, also handing them a bag with stuff for Andrew.

"Just wait until you and Draco's honeymoon; we'll have fun with this little squirt, loads of it!" George exclaimed, taking the bag in hand also.

"Oh George!" another voice said coming in. "Stop antagonizing our sister!"

"Ah Charlie," Fred said. "You always ruin our fun."

"Most of it that he doesn't know about," George said.

"Quite right," Fred said, grinning like a conniving little boy at Christmas time.

"Oh you two, I can't believe I'm saying this, but take Andrew with you and go! I'll pick him up tomorrow morning at ten," Ginny said.

"Bye Ginny," Fred said. "Charlie."

George did the same.

Ginny gave a kiss to Andrew before they left.

"We see how it is," Fred said. "The little one here gets the attention. Not us."

"We'll remember you later," George said.

"Yes, around Christmas time I expect," Fred said, finishing for his brother.

"Oh skedaddle will you?" Charlie asked.

"Skedaddle?" George questioned.

"You heard me!" Charlie said. "Now go. We have a wedding in less than a week away and we've got to plan with what little time we have."

George flooed back to their flat with Andrew in his arms while Fred apparated back.

"I thought they'd never leave," Ginny said. "There's so much planning to do. Cake, invitations, decorations, seating arrangements, getting the minister to marry us…. I'm so glad you're here to help Charlie!"

"Oh you know I'll help out. The decorations and seating arrangements we can conjure up before the wedding actually happens and I happen to know who was newly appointed recently as the Minister of Magic.," Charlie said.

"Who is it?" Ginny asked.

"Harry," Charlie said.

Ginny grumbled a no way.

"Why not?" Charlie asked.

"No Charlie," Ginny said definitely. "He's the one who made me run. I thank him for sending me towards Draco but I don't forgive him for breaking my heart. He more like shattered it. I don't want him there. Or Hermione for that matter."

"Ginny Weasley, I can not believe you just said that about Harry Potter," Charlie said. "I thought you liked him."

"I did," Ginny said. "Until he decided to cheat on me with Hermione, leaving me heart-broken; also driving me to being drunk for the first time in my life and ending up somewhere unfamiliar that next morning. And a nine month consequence that follows."

"He did what?" Charlie asked, raged was more like it.

"You didn't know?" Ginny asked.

"The hell I didn't!" Charlie said.

"Charlie! Please calm down! Now you see why I do not Harry or Hermione here for the wedding. Come to think of it, I really just want family here. A few of the professors at Hogwarts. Draco doesn't have any family left. So it would just be our side of the family. I wish Mum and Dad were here to see the wedding. Oh my! Who's going to walk me down the aisle?" Ginny asked.

"I know you do, I do too," Charlie said. "I will walk you down."

"Oh thank-you!" Ginny said, hugging Charlie's neck. "Looks like we've got most of it taken care of then. I love you!"

"I love you too Gin," Charlie said. "Now I'll go and leave the rest of the evening to you and Draco. Love you sis."

"Bye Charlie," Ginny said.

"Bye Gin," Charlie said and then left.

Ginny then laid down on the couch and instantly fell asleep.