Unofficial Portkey Archive

Pure Golden Heart by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Pure Golden Heart

frecklegirl87

Chapter Nine: Tears of Sorrow & Two Hearts Become One

It had been at least 3 weeks since the birth of the union of a Malfoy and a Weasley. It was rather strange at times, or at least it was to Ginny. Ginny had to admit, she was beginning to feel soft for Draco. That was one thing she never would have thought would happen to her one day, but yet here this day was and it was true, so true.

Sure, she knew he cared for her but yet he still hadn't said to her what she most needed at this moment in time. It was simple, or so she thought it was. All she needed to hear was three little words: I love you. But yet, they hadn't been said, between either of them.

It was just a matter of days, 7 to be exact. In seven days, was her birthday, she would be 21 in only seven days. The baby had been born on her grandmother's birthday, also the day that she had died. It had always been tough on that day for Ginny. No matter what occasion was going on. She remembered the day, she had been the last person on Earth that her grandmother had ever seen. Ginny remembered what her grandmother had told her too, all of it.

"Ginny dear, don't worry about this day forever. Soon in the future, a birth will replace this day of death and make it well," Ginny remembered her grandmother's words and cherished them.

Tears began to form to Ginny's eyes as she thought of her grandmother. This wasn't the only thing that had suddenly gotten Ginny so choked up. Ginny was standing next to her son's baby bed when she started to sob uncontrollably. Ginny then felt Draco's strong arms pull her around and into his arms. He continued to hold onto her while she cried. He wondered what had gotten her upset all of a sudden.

Draco had a gift that he had never told Ginny about. Draco could easily read thoughts. He always knew of Ginny's feelings towards him but he never could find the time to tell Ginny.

"Ginny," Draco said, smoothly.

Ginny was still sobbing pretty hard. She'd hang onto him for dear life it seemed at times, and this was one of those times. Again, Draco began talking to her, but this time running his fingers gently through her hair.

He often thought of taking her to bed and not letting her go. But Ginny still, after all this time, even since after the night of the pub incident, Ginny still wouldn't let in. But he sure as hell wasn't going to mention it to her, considering the state she was in at this moment.

"Gin," Draco said. "What's got you in tears all of a sudden?"

"Draco, I know you can read my thoughts," Ginny said. "I believe you already know."

Ginny then replayed the memory of the day of her grandmother's death and of what she had said. She also hid a memory away from him.

"No wonder you've been so gloomy these past days," Draco said as he sensed every bit of her last thought. But he still wasn't convinced that was the reason why she was so upset all of a sudden. "Ginny, I know there's something more. Tell me, it'll help you get over the pain."

Ginny picked up the letter that was lying on the table near the baby crib and handed it to Draco.

"Read and find out," Ginny said, as she then leaned into his chest and closed her eyes and took a breath. She started to calm down.

Draco took the letter and read, while he also let her lean into him while his arm went around her.

No wonder she's so choked up, Draco thought. Her father just died.

Draco then put the letter down on the table and led her out of their son's room and into their room. He sat on the bed, let her sit on his lap, and let her cry her tears of grief out.

Suddenly, he felt being pushed down towards his pillow. Ginny's lips were suddenly on top of his. She had a sudden hunger to her that Draco had never experienced before. Draco didn't dare resist her hunger of a kiss that she had suddenly given him.

"Draco make me remember," Ginny mumbled quickly as her hands started to roam about around Draco's chest.

"Remember what Gin?" Draco asked, suddenly aware of where she was headed with this.

"Make me remember this night," Ginny said. "Make love to me Draco."

"Are you sure?" Draco asked, moving himself over to where Ginny's head was on the pillow and not his head.

"Yes," Ginny said and then reached up and brought his head closer to her's and said, "I love you Draco."

Draco then muttered against before he kissed her, "I love you Ginny. You have the most pure golden heart I have ever seen."

Draco then made love to her through out the night.

AN: thanks for all the reviews. Considering how the plot in the beginning just solved itself, I'm not sure if this is the last chapter or not. I may do an epilogue but I'm not sure at this moment.

~* Erin