Unofficial Portkey Archive

Pure Golden Heart by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Pure Golden Heart

frecklegirl87

Chapter Two: Father's Reaction

Draco sat in the study of his manor, reading the latest Daily Prophet while sitting in his leather chair and sipping some coffee. The fireplace was going quite nicely. Both his mother and father had passed away already. So, therefore, Draco inherited the Malfoy Manor, being the only child of the death eater union, it was naturally passed into him. Added to his own fortune, he had also inherited his father's and mother's onto his total. Needless to say, he never had to work another day in his life and even after he was already gone, he would have plenty left over, that is if he wanted to not work another day in his life. But he did work though. Not typical work but fun instead. Draco was currently the seeker for the Icy Devils, a team in Denmark. Even though it was far off from the manor, he still liked it.

There were old newspapers everywhere near the fireplace, just sitting there collecting dust. Draco decided to burn them after all this time. Draco got up, put his coffee and paper down on the table and went over to the fireplace and started picking up newspapers one by one and putting them in the fireplace. After several had gone in, one in particular caught his eye. The headline read, "Former Minister of Magic's Wife Suddenly Dies of Unknown Cause."

Isn't she the one who had all those redheaded Weasleys'? Draco thought.

Draco read further to see a picture of Molly.

Yep, that's her. Draco thought.

Draco then read further, or at least as much as he could before the flames of the fire overcame his section he was trying to read. At that moment, he felt as if some idiotic, insane bird was picking him at him. Draco turned his head and saw exactly what he felt like it was: a idiotic, insane bird with a letter attached to its leg. Draco took the letter off its leg and opened it. Draco went back to his seat, picked up his coffee and took a drink as he read.

Malfoy-

Just thought you'd like to know, remember the morning we both woke up together in each other's arms? And also in your bed? We both quickly denied that we had done anything the night before. Hell, all I remember was going into the closest pub I could find and getting drunk. Next thing I know, I'm waking up in your arms, completely starch naked with a major headache to go along with it. I know you don't want to hear this, especially read this, from me that is, but there's going to be an addition to the Malfoy family heir line.

Draco dropped his cup of coffee on the floor. Instantly, house elves were trying to clean up the mess.

"Get away! You can clean that up later!" Draco barked at them.

They all looked at him scared and then left at his request, or rather demand.

He continued to read.

I'm pregnant with your child, Draco. I know it's yours because I've never done that with anyone else and even though I don't even remember having sex with you, I know it has to be yours. Quite honestly, I'm scared. I'm scared half out of my mind really. I don't have time for a baby right now and I'm sure you don't either for that matter. But if you plan to be in your son or daughter's life, then I'd advise you to get your ass over here and help me figure out what the hell to do right now.

Oh hell! Draco thought. Wasn't she with Potter? No cause I remember seeing a picture of him and Granger playing tonsil hockey in some kind of fancy restraunt, in the paper.

Draco then got up and got cleaned up from the spilled coffee.

Better go see the disgusting weaselette. Draco thought as he then apparated to her flat.