Unofficial Portkey Archive

Pure Golden Heart by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Pure Golden Heart

frecklegirl87

Chapter Eight: Unbelievable

A few months later, six to be exact, Ginny awoke in her bed, or rather Draco's bed but yet she still hadn't allowed Draco to be with her at night. He'd try to get close to her, to feel the baby moving or just simply to get closer to her, but she'd still scurry away from him. The sun was shining an unbelievable bright light through the curtains. All of this time that she'd been her, she managed to convince Draco to do a little redecorating. Or at least the place didn't look so gloomy anymore.

Ginny's brothers weren't happy about her being in the Malfoy Manor, let alone be with him. But once over a couple of weeks, they began to warm up to it a little bit.

Ginny turned her head towards the clock. It read 8:01 am. She really needed to stop waking up so early, Ginny thought. Ginny turned her head back and closed her eyes, making sure she went back to sleep for at least a couple more hours.

About an hour later, Ginny felt little kisses being connected to her cheeks, forehead, and nose, and over again. Ginny opened her eyes to see Draco about to kiss her on the lips. Ginny started to try to back away but then apart of her made her stay and see what would happen next.

Draco's soft lips covered her's. For a moment, Draco worked his tongue on her lips, almost begging for an entrance. He gently began to work his hands towards her stomach, or rather the bulge of her belly that seated his child within.

The shock of Draco's hands had gotten her mouth to open. Then in came Draco's persuasive tongue working the magic at hand.

He was good. Definitely good, Ginny thought. How could I not remember this nine months ago?

Draco's body was now next to Ginny's. Draco put one hand around her waist and one behind her head while he kissed her. Ginny's arms went around his neck. Before long, Ginny had moved Draco's hand around her waist to her stomach. For some reason, that soothed the baby at times. He'd been jumpy lately.

She didn't dare admit that he was right about the baby's sex. Or at least yet she didn't.

What she wasn't prepared for once Draco started to massage her sides, was for the baby to kick her with a force so strong as if the baby was kicking soccer balls at the walls of her womb.

Ginny quickly fumbled out of her position and into a much better one towards Draco.

"Ouch!" Ginny said, laying a hand on her stomach, gently.

"What is it? What's wrong? Is it time?" Draco asked, worried, taking a hold of her.

"Stop overreacting Draco," Ginny said, quickly. "It's nothing to worry about. The baby just kicked me again."

"Again?" Draco asked.

"Yes," Ginny said. "Every night he kicks me until he falls asleep, which isn't until usually about 10 or 11 at night. It usually lasts about 2 hours after I go to bed. I'm not sure if he's trying to tell me something or not."

"Why didn't you tell me before now?" Draco asked. "How long has this been going on? And he?"

"Yes, don't be so surprised that you were right about the baby's sex," Ginny said. "I guess since the 6th month or so."

"What?" Draco asked. "You've been living with that for about 3 months now, when I could have given you something to prevent all that pain after you went to sleep?"

"There's no way that I'm going to let you give me something, as long as this baby is inside of me," Ginny said. "And kicking is normal. I just don't like it. I'll have to live with it until the time comes."

"I bet I could make the time come sooner," Draco hinted suggestively, meaning having sex with her.

She still hadn't given in to what he wanted once in a while. He might have been mad for a while but he'd get over it by the next morning.

"No," Ginny said. "Besides, you've got a game to go to today. And as much as I like to see you on that broom up in the air, I'm going to be watching it on the Wizarding Channel. I can't chance being somewhere and then the baby would suddenly have different plans for me. I'm staying here, while you go play quidditch."

"Gin," Draco said.

"No," Ginny said. "Now help me up. I need to take a shower. And you need to get going to your game."

"Gin," Draco complained once again.

"No," Ginny said. "Now help me up before I give you one heck of a kick."

Draco then got up off of the bed and helped her sit up. Ginny then moved the covers off of her and swung her legs out from under the covers to the ground, or at least to the point that she could reach without help. Draco then helped her on her feet and into the master bath.

Before long, Ginny had settled herself into a nice big pink bubble bath, with plenty of bubbles. She felt like a child when it came to bubble baths. She had finally gotten Draco to leave for the game, reassuring him that she'd be ok while he was gone.

A couple hours later, Ginny was now lying on her bed asleep. She'd tried to watch a little of the game but yet she couldn't keep her eyes open. Besides, it looked as if Draco wasn't about to catch the snitch anytime soon. Neither was the other seeker either. The game, she presumed was going to be a long one like the last two had been.

A dream about her mother had woken her up, with tears streaming down her cheeks. It had been touching. Or that was the reason she was crying, she thought at least. Apparently, her water had broke during her dream and just didn't notice it right away. That and she began to feel the contractions about 5 to 15 minutes apart.

Ginny had managed to change her clothes and apparate quickly to Ron's flat. Ron was apparently with Harry and Hermione. Ick, the two most people she had despised at moments about 9 months ago. As usual, Harry and Hermione were kissing when she came into Ron's living room. Ron however, hadn't looked over her sudden appearance.

"Ginny! Oh my gosh!" Ron said, quickly getting up and picking her up into his arms. "Are you alright?"

"Ron?" Ginny said. "Help."

"I'm here," Ron said. "Where's Mal- I mean, Draco?"

Ginny couldn't answer as a wave of pain swept over her small body.

"He's probably still in the game," Harry's voice said for her.

Even though Harry didn't like Draco, he still kept up on the games of quidditch.

Ginny quickly gripped tighter to Ron as she said, "Ron, please! I can feel the baby coming."

Ron then apparated to the Malfoy Manor.

~*~

It was freezing. He'd rather much be in the arms of Ginny in their bed at this moment, even though she hadn't let him into the bed yet. He didn't think it'd be long now, before she did. He was still looking for the snitch. No such luck so far. They were behind at least 20 points in the game. He suddenly got the feeling of eerie. Something just didn't feel right.

The golden snitch then circled his head and then swiftly swerved down towards the ground. Draco dived for it instantly. With the rants and cheers in the background, along with the other team's seeker right behind him, he began to get closer and closer.

Just before he had hit rock bottom, Draco reached out and grabbed the snitch and then dove back up in the air. The cheers went wild as Draco's other teammates swarmed a circle around him. There was no way he'd be able to quickly get home to Ginny in this situation. Not even a chance or possibility.

"Excuse me!" a voice said, through the crowd of players.

A path was cleared. A little man with a beard came towards Draco.

"What is it that you want?" one of the players asked.

"It's none of your business," the little man said and then turned back to Draco.

He pulled out a card and then handed it to Draco.

"This is for you," the man said, and then disappeared.

"What does it say Draco?" one of the players asked.

Draco opened it and let his eyes begin to scan the letter.

Malfoy!

You may have just won your game but you'd better get your ass back here now!

--Ron Weasley

"I've got to run," Draco said quickly, and then rushed to the locker room.

"Wait!" said one of the players.

"Why the rush?" another asked.

"What did the card say?" another asked.

Draco ignored them as he continued to hurry to the locker room and change his clothes quickly. He turned around to see all of the team wanting an explanation.

"You're not going anywhere until you tell us where you're going in such a rush," the captain said.

"If you do that, you'll have the mother of my child angry as hell if you kept me away from her when she needed me the most," Draco quickly said.

"Oh!" the captain said. "By all means, hurry your ass up!"

"Knew you'd see it my way," Draco said as he then apparated home.

~*~

"Ginny! Don't fight against it! Just let it come," Ron said, as he held her hand while the baby was coming nearer.

He had set her on her bed in the master bedroom. She'd cling to his hand ever since. He had propped her up against some pillows behind her back.

Ginny screamed as she began to push.

"Where the hell is he?" Ginny yelled, as sweat drenched her face, and rolling down her forehead. "I officially hate quidditch!"

"Ginny, don't say that!" Ron said. "Quidditch is awesome."

"Why not? It's the reason why he's not here for the birth of his child!" Ginny screamed, as she could feel it coming near. "Why the hell did I have to go to that damn pub?"

"No one knows those answers," Ron said. "And I'm not sure that I want to know that answer."

~*~

From downstairs, Draco could hear Ginny's screams and yells. He didn't really like her last comment about quidditch, but he just simply swept that under the rug, considering her state at this time. He quickly apparated to his and her's room upstairs to find Ron by the bedside with her.

"Go home Weasel," Draco said, now making his appearance known.

"It's about damn bloody time you got here!" Ginny yelled.

"What she said, except not a whole lot loud," Ron said.

"Well, I'm here now. And I'm telling you to go home now," Draco said. "I'll take it from here."

"I'll be back Gin," Ron said, as he let her hand go and gave her a kiss on the forehead and then left.

"Draco!" Ginny said. "He's coming! And fast! Help!"

Draco rushed to her side. He used a clean and cold wet cloth to go over her forehead.

"It won't be long now, sweetheart," Draco said, kissing her cheek and holding her hand, as she squeezed it tightly.

An hour later exact, the sound of a baby could be heard.

"It's a boy Gin," Draco said, proudly.

"Knew it would be," Ginny said, as she then closed her eyes for a little bit.

"Oh no Virginia," Draco said. "You can't go to sleep until after we've decided on a name for this little one."

Ginny opened her eyes to see Draco helping her sit up a little more, and then he set the baby in her arms. Ginny looked down into the baby's eyes and her eyes began to tear up.

"He's beautiful," Ginny said.

"Sweetheart, we can't name him beautiful," Draco teased. "As much as you'd probably like that, I think it wouldn't match with his last name."

"Ok," Ginny said, laughing a little bit, "But let's hold off on naming him until the morning ok?"

"No," Draco said. "It's tradition for each Malfoy born to be named within the first 20 minutes of his life. I'm just glad he's a pureblooded."

"I'll forget what you just said and continue on," Ginny said.

"What would you say about Benjamin Allen Malfoy?" Draco asked.

"Ick," Ginny said. "No child of mine is going to be named Benjamin Allen Malfoy."

"Ok, then Alex Andrew Malfoy?" Draco asked.

"Andrew Alex Malfoy," Ginny said.

"Andrew Alex Malfoy it is then," Draco said, gazing into the eyes of his new son.