Unofficial Portkey Archive

Pure Golden Heart by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Pure Golden Heart

frecklegirl87

Chapter 11: And the Bell Tolls Again

Ginny and Draco's wedding & the reasons revealed about Molly's death.

The previous days had gone by smoothly. Who was she kidding? Nothing had gone smoothly. The visit to St. Mungo's had no where helped them to know anything more than they had already did. To top it off, Andrew had decided to give Ginny however many fits that he thought she needed to deal with. If it wasn't for Draco calming her down before the famous Weasley temper set in, she'd be a great deal under stress. Not to mention, their wedding was in less than an hour away and yet she still had wedding jitters. Should she? Not technically, since she had already had his child. Charlie had agreed to walk her down the aisle since he technically was the oldest in the family that was left of it anyway.

Ginny looked at herself in the mirror in front of her. The gown she was wearing had been especially designed by the top dressmaker in all of England, muggle England that is, for just her. As long as she could remember, she had always wished for her mother and father to be able to see her on her wedding day. She hadn't ever expected to be marrying their long time family enemy's son but then again, anything could happen these days.

A knock came on the door.

"Ginny?" Charlie asked as he put his head inside the door. "May I come in?"

"Yes," Ginny said as she continued to look at herself in the mirror as Charlie came in and shut the door behind him. "I can't believe I've made it this far. For all of what we've been through these past years, I'd have never imagined I would make it this far."

"I know what you mean," Charlie said. "I'd never imagined that you getting pregnant would introduce me to my new girlfriend."

"What?" Ginny asked.

"Remember Angela? She's my girlfriend now," Charlie said, smiling as he mentioned her name.

"Careful, that smile can become contagious. You might just be the one who is up at the altar next in this family if you keep that up," Ginny teased.

"That's not such a bad thing to consider," Charlie said. "Thanks for the idea."

"Your welcome," Ginny said. "I wish Mum and Dad were here to see this."

"I know Gin," Charlie said, holding her in his arms still looking in the mirror. "I know. I miss them too. But I'm glad that we've made it this far Sis. Couldn't have made it without you, even though you did stir things up a bit with Malfoy."

"Well you know," Ginny said. "Every family needs a few goof ups."

"You with Malfoy is not a goof up Sis," Charlie said. "It might have seemed like it at first but we'll just blame that on Potter ok? Besides, I'm pretty attached to my nephew."

"Oh I know," Ginny said as she then felt another presence with them.

"Gin, do you feel what I feel at this moment?" Charlie asked.

"As if we're not alone you mean?" Ginny asked.

"Yes," Charlie answered.

"Then yes I do," Ginny said.

"Stop worrying you two! I swear out of all my children, you two were the worst about suspecting everybody's move," a voice said coming into play.

Ginny and Charlie turned to see Arthur and Molly over by the window seat.

"Are my eyes tricking me Sis?" Charlie asked. "Are we really seeing what I think we're seeing?"

"Un-huh," Ginny said. "Mum? Dad?"

"Oh dear Ginny, you look beautiful in your gown," Molly said.

"Mum!" Ginny said as she rushed into her mother's arms.

"Your mother is right, you do you beautiful in that dress," Arthur said. "My baby girl is growing up and getting married."

"Oh Dad," Ginny said going from Molly's arms to Arthur's. "I'll always be your baby girl. Besides you can always watch over us."

"Oh believe me, we already do. Nice of you to sing our song to your son yesterday," Arthur said. "Although it is hard to accept who you're marrying, but I can see that you're happy so you have my blessing in the matter."

"He is a pretty cute baby," Molly said. "Now, if you don't mind Charlie I'd like to talk with my baby girl for the last time before she gets married."

"Yes Mum," Charlie said as he gave her a hug. "I love you Mum."

"I love you too dear," Molly said. "Now you and Arthur go outside and wait for Ginny. Oh and Charlie, make sure you go sit down. Arthur is going to walk her down the aisle. We might shock a few people, but we've been given a chance to be here on this day so we are."

"Alright," Charlie said leaving with Arthur.

As soon as the door shut again, Ginny had flown herself into her mother's arms.

"I've missed you so much Mum," Ginny said.

"I know dear, I've noticed," Molly said. "I know your father and I might not have wanted to approve of Draco being your husband but under the circumstances and the events lately we've seen. We've decided that if you love him, then we'll welcome into the family. He's proved that he's good to you. And you've also given him a hard time in trying to prove to you that he's not as bad as you think. You got that from me I should think."

Ginny giggled at her mother's comment.

Molly sighed as she raised her hand to Ginny's face and cupped her cheeks in her hands while she looked at her adoringly.

"I just can't believe my baby girl is getting married," Molly said. "I know other mothers would give their daughters some speech or something before her wedding, but all I have to say is do well my darling. Even when it seems like you're in a rut, don't give up."

"Thank-you Mum," Ginny said. "I love you."

"I love you too dear," Molly said. "Oh and before I leave, I'd like you to tell your brothers each something for me."

"Ok," Ginny replied.

"Tell Ron to never try to replicate my recipe for your Dad's favorite stew unless you're present to supervise and take over to do it right," Molly said as Ginny giggled again.

"Tell Charlie to marry that girl he's dating soon because I said so, tell Fred and George to behave or at least try to and tell Percy, as much as I love him, to stop being a know at all. Heaven knows we've already got Hermione for that, bless her heart, we don't need another one of her. And to all of you, I want you to say that I'll always be watching over my darlings. Take care of my darling grandson dear," Molly said.

"I will Mum," Ginny said.

"I love you dear," Molly said. "Goodbye."

"Bye Mum," Ginny said.

Molly disappeared from Ginny's sight.

Ginny opened the door and cued to her father that she was ready.

Arthur came and offered his arm to her. She took it and followed him.

Before they came to the entrance for her to step into to signal the music to start, Arthur stopped her and spoke.

"Remember sweetheart, I'll always be here to give you support in whatever you choose to do. Even if it's to beat your brothers in a fair and square brawl," Arthur said. "Just don't bruise their ego too much."

"Will do Daddy," Ginny said.

"Don't ever give up on what your heart desires to do," Arthur said. "Ready to enter?"

"Not to mention shock a few people with you walking me in?"

"You got it," Arthur replied.

"Let's go," Ginny said. "I love you Daddy."

The music played started to play as Ginny entered the room with not Charlie but her father. Just about every face in the room except Charlie's that is, was shocked to see the former deceased Minister of Magic walking his daughter down the aisle. All of her brothers except Charlie: Percy, Ron, Fred and George looked as if they were about to faint at seeing their father walk Ginny down.

Before Ginny had joined Draco, Arthur stopped her, put his hands in hers and spoke.

"Remember what I told you baby girl," Arthur said and then turned to Draco. "Draco, you make sure you take care of my baby girl. She's the only one I've got. Not to mention if you don't, you'll have five of her brothers after your hide for sure, maybe not Percy but you get my point in the matter."

"Yes Sir," Draco replied. "I will."

"Good," Arthur said as he lifted her veil, kissed her cheek and lowered her veil back down. "I love you sweetheart and goodbye."

"Goodbye Daddy," Ginny said as she took Draco's hands as she also watched Arthur disappear like Molly had earlier.

The audience was in awe of the previous scene. Although true, they probably should have been shocked at seeing the former Minister of Magic back in human form after he had died but the moments they saw him with his only daughter relaxed the crowd.

"Ready Gin?" Draco asked.

"Yes," Ginny said as she smiled and walked forward with Draco.

In the next several minutes, Ginny and Draco had said their vows and then waited for the signal for Draco to kiss his bride.

Finally, the words were said.

"You may kiss your bride Draco."

"My pleasure," Draco said as he lifted her veil, brought her closer to him, and kissed her sweetly on the lips.

Ginny responded and deepened the kiss by bringing her arms around his neck.

They turned towards the crowd as the announcement came.

"I now present you with Mr. and Mrs. Draco Malfoy."

The audience cheered and clapped as Draco escorted Ginny out of the room.

As they reached the door to the room, Draco turned his head to his new wife, Ginny and spoke.

"I love you Ginny," Draco said. "You'll always be forever mine and I'll forever always be yours."

"I love you too," Ginny said. "Likewise, and I promise there won't be a dull moment as we go along in our marriage."

"I don't doubt that," Draco chuckled and repeated. "I don't doubt that."

The End!

AN: Sorry it took so long to update. I forgot I hadn't posted the last chapter on this site. I'm on spring break so I'll be able to update my stories.


-->