Unofficial Portkey Archive

Pure Golden Heart by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Pure Golden Heart

frecklegirl87

Chapter Three: Crying and Scarred

Draco appeared in Ginny's flat to see Ginny sitting on a two-seater with apparently her tea on the table untouched while she had her head down and crying so loudly that even a bird would be scared to enter the house.

Oh great! Draco thought. Just what I need, a supposedly mother to be, with her hormone levels out of whack and crying with tears full blast.

Draco had always had a soft spot for women who were crying. He guessed that was because of his mother, every time his mother and father had a dispute and Draco heard it and had seen it. After each time, Draco would have to go pick his mother off of the floor and hold her while she cried from his father beating her.

Draco went to the area where Ginny was located; sat down next to her and pulled her into his arms while she continued to cry.

~*~

Ginny suddenly felt the embrace of somebody's strong arms around her as she cried. Ginny thought, whoever it was, she was sure glad for this somebody. Ginny then put one arm around whoever's waist and buried her face in their chest and continued to weep uncontrollably.

Then she heard it. Ginny heard his voice making shushing sounds towards her. That voice. It was strangely familiar to her.

"Ginny?" Ginny heard the voice say.

It was the father of her child, in other words: Draco Malfoy.

Ginny then began to dry her tears up, or at least she tried to anyways. She failed at that and started all over again.

Draco's grip on her grew tighter as the more Ginny cried.

"Gin," Draco said. "You've got to stop crying. It isn't good for you or the baby."

Ginny then quickly dried up her tears and then instantly thought of her mother.

"Oh Draco," Ginny said, beginning to tear up again. "How am I supposed to live without her?"

"Her? Who Ginny?" Draco asked.

"My mother, Draco, my mother," Ginny said and then continued as her blood began to boil. "Who else would I be missing terribly right now? Certainly not Hermione and sure as hell not Harry bloody damn Potter!"

"Well, at least we have the same opinion about Potter," Draco said, laughing a little bit, with Ginny still in his arms.

"Shut-up Malfoy!" Ginny said, pulling out of his arms.

"Is that a way to treat the father of a Malfoy in there?" Draco asked, touching her stomach.

Ginny instantly jumped up, although she probably shouldn't have, and moved away from him.

"What? Scared of me now that I've touched you? Heck, we apparently created a baby inside of you and yet you move away at the slightest touch?" Draco asked, coming closer to her.

"Stay away from me!" Ginny said going farther away from him.

"Oh come on Virginia," Draco said. "Can't you even let me get about a foot away from you? Don't be a baby, oh wait! You've already got one in the oven don't you?"

"You bastard!" Ginny said. "And don't call me Virginia, only my mother called me that."

"Proud to be one at the moment," Draco answered. "And I'll call you whatever I want, whenever I want."

"That's what you think," Ginny said, and then stormed out of the kitchen.

~*~

Ginny turned the corner and quickly raced her way up to her bedroom, shut the door behind her and then suddenly heard Draco's voice saying to let her in right before she knocked over a lamp, fainted and collapsed on her bed.